Mayweather Vs. McGregor 2

ocscottie
This sounds errrr interesting?

@FloydMayweather will fight @TheNotoriousMMA in the octagon. With 4 ounce gloves, no shoes, 5-five minute rounds in 155 division.

No kicks, no take downs, no elbows, no knees. Certain things will be allowed like the clinch.
|
m121c
4/10/2018 10:18am
So Floyd wants to do "MMA" but yet he really doesn't. Lol.

Sounds like boxing in MMA gloves and in an octagon. Lame... either fight real MMA or accept that you are only a specialized fighter and are not skilled in the full spectrum of fighting. I mean it's smart on his part, if you put in anything else Floyd would get destroyed by Conor.

It won't happen.

4/10/2018 10:54am Edited Date/Time 4/10/2018 10:59am
No way.

EDIT: on 2nd thought, I’d pay to watch them box again. And this is basically a boxing rematch. So, fuck it, I’ll watch.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
4/10/2018 11:20am
So basically a boxing match with smaller gloves in a cage.

That won't bring in the money the first one did that's for sure. I get why Floyd doesn't want it to be a legit MMA match but still Connor stepped up and agreed to fight him in a straight boxing match so he should step in the MMA ring under those rules or stay home.

If I was Floyd I'd just pay my taxes and enjoy retirement.

Probably won't happen.
4/10/2018 11:31am
I like Floyd and what he brings to the table... but I’d much rather watch any number of potential Conor opponents:

GSP @ 155
Nate 3 @ 155
Max 2 @ 145
RDA @ 155
Ortega @ 145
Khabib @ 155

The Shop

TXDirt
4/10/2018 12:23pm
I have purchased some boxing and some UFC fights.

I didn't buy the Floyd/McGregor fight and I would not buy the next one either.

If it's a compelling fight I will buy it. But not the circus clown stuff.
4/10/2018 1:19pm
So a boxing match in an octagon....didn’t waste my time with the first bit of acting, I’ll give the sequel a miss as well
MR. X
4/10/2018 2:14pm
I'm a core fan ,i'll watch it .
greenmx5
4/11/2018 6:11am Edited Date/Time 4/11/2018 6:14am
This is so dumb. It's a boxing match with 4 oz gloves and inside an octagon. And they're allowed to clinch this time. I personally won't be wasting my money on it.

I want to see Conor in MMA. If he wants to call himself one of the greatest, he needs to fight the best in his sport. He didn't even fight all the best at 145 and claimed to of "cleaned out the division." (Told Aldo they would do it again and never did, never fought Edgar, Swanson, Stephens, or Lamas.) He had his way to two belts paved with gold by Dana and the UFC. Jose Aldo was denied for years trying to get two belts, but nobody wants to talk about that. I think Anderson Silva and GSP were denied too, but there's no way to prove that. Their fight just never seemed to come together. Conor had just one fight at 155 against a guy that shouldn't of had the belt in the first place (dos Anjos did a shitty weight cut and got beat by a mediocre Eddie Alvarez, and anyone who has ever cut weight knows the effects a bad weight cut has on the body https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/4/24/15411458/rafael-dos-anjos-confirm… ) . Eddie looked like a deer in headlights the whole time he fought Conor. Conor mentally broke him before the went in there. Diaz is a decent guy in the division, but not elite, and he was able to gas Conor out twice. What's going to happen to Conor when he fights elite guys like Tony Ferguson or Khabib who are still going strong in round 5? I think that's why we never saw him defend his belt. I believe even guys like Edson Barboz and Kevin Lee would give Conor problems. Conor has too much to lose by coming back. He seems to thrive in situations where he has nothing to lose, but we haven't really seen him in a situation where he has a lot to lose (like a belt.)
gabrielito
4/11/2018 7:43am
greenmx5 wrote:
This is so dumb. It's a boxing match with 4 oz gloves and inside an octagon. And they're allowed to clinch this time. I personally won't...
This is so dumb. It's a boxing match with 4 oz gloves and inside an octagon. And they're allowed to clinch this time. I personally won't be wasting my money on it.

I want to see Conor in MMA. If he wants to call himself one of the greatest, he needs to fight the best in his sport. He didn't even fight all the best at 145 and claimed to of "cleaned out the division." (Told Aldo they would do it again and never did, never fought Edgar, Swanson, Stephens, or Lamas.) He had his way to two belts paved with gold by Dana and the UFC. Jose Aldo was denied for years trying to get two belts, but nobody wants to talk about that. I think Anderson Silva and GSP were denied too, but there's no way to prove that. Their fight just never seemed to come together. Conor had just one fight at 155 against a guy that shouldn't of had the belt in the first place (dos Anjos did a shitty weight cut and got beat by a mediocre Eddie Alvarez, and anyone who has ever cut weight knows the effects a bad weight cut has on the body https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/4/24/15411458/rafael-dos-anjos-confirm… ) . Eddie looked like a deer in headlights the whole time he fought Conor. Conor mentally broke him before the went in there. Diaz is a decent guy in the division, but not elite, and he was able to gas Conor out twice. What's going to happen to Conor when he fights elite guys like Tony Ferguson or Khabib who are still going strong in round 5? I think that's why we never saw him defend his belt. I believe even guys like Edson Barboz and Kevin Lee would give Conor problems. Conor has too much to lose by coming back. He seems to thrive in situations where he has nothing to lose, but we haven't really seen him in a situation where he has a lot to lose (like a belt.)
probably all true but he can make so much more money dorking around with Mayweather. Is he a fighter or has he found a way to make a lot of money fighting? At the end of the day it is a lot more lucrative to do this until he moves on to the WWE.
greenmx5
4/11/2018 7:55am
greenmx5 wrote:
This is so dumb. It's a boxing match with 4 oz gloves and inside an octagon. And they're allowed to clinch this time. I personally won't...

gabrielito wrote:
probably all true but he can make so much more money dorking around with Mayweather. Is he a fighter or has he found a way to...
probably all true but he can make so much more money dorking around with Mayweather. Is he a fighter or has he found a way to make a lot of money fighting? At the end of the day it is a lot more lucrative to do this until he moves on to the WWE.
He is a businessman, not a fighter. And that's fine. It's his career. But him and his fans should probably shy away from saying he's the best ever. He's had a good career in the UFC. I wouldn't even call it great. He may of been the first to get two titles at once, but that's because he was the only one given the shot. If he had a rematch with Aldo to legitimize his win and keep people from saying it was a fluke punch, that would have done a lot for his career. And he has 0 title defenses out of the 4 belts he's held in his whole MMA career. Yes, I'm bitter. I want to see him in the octagon fighting legit guys. Not pussyfooting with Mayweather or doing another meaningless fight with Diaz.
MR. X
4/11/2018 10:46am
There is alot better fights coming up , Stipe and DC ,lesner gets the winner possibly.
4/11/2018 11:04am Edited Date/Time 4/11/2018 11:04am
greenmx5 wrote:

gabrielito wrote:
probably all true but he can make so much more money dorking around with Mayweather. Is he a fighter or has he found a way to...
greenmx5 wrote:
He is a businessman, not a fighter. And that's fine. It's his career. But him and his fans should probably shy away from saying he's the...
He is a businessman, not a fighter. And that's fine. It's his career. But him and his fans should probably shy away from saying he's the best ever. He's had a good career in the UFC. I wouldn't even call it great. He may of been the first to get two titles at once, but that's because he was the only one given the shot. If he had a rematch with Aldo to legitimize his win and keep people from saying it was a fluke punch, that would have done a lot for his career. And he has 0 title defenses out of the 4 belts he's held in his whole MMA career. Yes, I'm bitter. I want to see him in the octagon fighting legit guys. Not pussyfooting with Mayweather or doing another meaningless fight with Diaz.
You cant call it a “fluke punch” when he literally called it out how it would go down, to the detail, well in advance, to anyone who would listen.

Conor beat Max (while hurt). Conor destroyed Aldo & Eddie. Both legit.

He doesn’t shy away from fights. He’s simply overgrown the UFC. It’s hard for them to book opponents who can help sell a card and justify the costs involved. Even Khabib’s manager came out in Conor’s defense on this.

People on the inside, when speaking honestly know Conor doesn’t dodge anyone or anything.

1. Pay him what he’s worth
2. Give him a opponent worth it

GSP rode the same strategy to his legacy. And said recently on a podcast that it’s the ONLY way to get there. The fact that Conor made it this far with his “anyone, anytime” mentality was extremely unlikely and not smart fighting business.

Khabib is finally getting big enough to justify fighting Conor. And then he lays an egg in his post fight with Rogan. Totally blowing the opportunity to start selling a fight with Conor. It was amateur hour.

Not to mention, Khabib’s resume aint all that.

It take 2 to sell a mega fight. Unfortunately, Conor has to go to boxing to find another fighter who understands this concept. Admit it, most the MMA guys got the charisma of an old sock.
greenmx5
4/11/2018 11:45am Edited Date/Time 4/11/2018 11:48am
I never called it a fluke punch, I was just saying some did. But it would legitimize his win if he had the rematch. He told Aldo in the octagon while standing next to him "we will do this again."

Max is not even CLOSE to the same fighter he was when they fought the first time. Not even close. If you think he's relatively close to the same fighter he was when he fought McGregor, you don't watch MMA very often. Hitting someone on the button isn't considered "destroying" either. Granted, he did call it, and it was perfect timing, it's not destroying someone.

GSP won the belt and continued to defend it 2-3 times for years to legitimize his legacy.

I hate the argument that this person isn't popular enough or talk enough to fight Conor, so he doesn't get to fight him. Who fucking cares man. Really. Is this a sport or the WWE? Why do we even have rankings if it's based off who has the biggest mouth? If Conor was really "anyone, any time", he would have fought Ferguson, Barboza, Lee, and Khabib aleady. It's been a year and a half since he even fought. And nobody is bigger than the sport itself. Do you know what the selling price of the UFC was?

My point is only that him and his fans cannot call him the best or even on the list until he proves it with his skills, not his bank account. If you want to call him the best businessman in the UFC, go ahead. But he's not the best MMA fighter to ever step in there.

IWreckALot
4/11/2018 1:18pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
So basically a boxing match with smaller gloves in a cage. That won't bring in the money the first one did that's for sure. I get...
So basically a boxing match with smaller gloves in a cage.

That won't bring in the money the first one did that's for sure. I get why Floyd doesn't want it to be a legit MMA match but still Connor stepped up and agreed to fight him in a straight boxing match so he should step in the MMA ring under those rules or stay home.

If I was Floyd I'd just pay my taxes and enjoy retirement.

Probably won't happen.
I don't care one way or another, but boxing is a part of MMA. The MMA guys train for years to understand MMA theory. I think it was an easier jump for McGregor to pick up boxing, than it would be for Mayweather to learn MMA.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Mayweather try to weather the McGregor storm, but I think that would be such a lopsided ass whooping that really would be less valuable than a match that is more boxing. I think McGregor could just pound those bird legs on Mayweather until he can't stand anymore and TKO him.
agn5009
4/12/2018 5:19am
I would rather see McGregor vs Khabib. I wouldn't rent a boxing match inside an octagon. I would probably check it out if it was a legit mma fight just to see Mayweather get crushed.
4/12/2018 5:31am
I think Mcgregor wins this fight. The official won’t call it when Mcgregor is wobbly like they did in the boxing ring...
MR. X
4/12/2018 5:48am
See if mayweather turtles up and turns his back to conor a hundred more times in the next fight.
greenmx5
4/12/2018 8:10am
I think Mcgregor wins this fight. The official won’t call it when Mcgregor is wobbly like they did in the boxing ring...
I'm really not sure who to go with in this if they end up fighting with these rules. McGregor's biggest weakness is his stamina. He was gassed in the 8th against Mayweather and if the ref didn't stop it when he did the last time, McGregor was getting KOed. He was a punching bag for Mayweather for 2 rounds before it was stopped. With CTE and everything else going on, why would anyone want to see that fight to keep going? There's been UFC fights where guys are wobbling and refuse to go down and it's been stopped. Dillashaw Barao 2. Andre Arlovski vs Travis Browne. Dos anjos vs Alvarez. Cat Zingano vs Miesha Tate. The list goes on. If you're not defending and you become a punching bag, the fight's over.
4/12/2018 1:54pm
Ummm.... go rewatch the 9th round. McGregor hit Mayweather with a body shot that hurt him and before he could go in for the kill, the ref jumped in for absolutely no reason. It possibly changed the outcome of the fight.
4/12/2018 1:57pm Edited Date/Time 4/12/2018 2:11pm
greenmx5 wrote:
I'm really not sure who to go with in this if they end up fighting with these rules. McGregor's biggest weakness is his stamina. He was...
I'm really not sure who to go with in this if they end up fighting with these rules. McGregor's biggest weakness is his stamina. He was gassed in the 8th against Mayweather and if the ref didn't stop it when he did the last time, McGregor was getting KOed. He was a punching bag for Mayweather for 2 rounds before it was stopped. With CTE and everything else going on, why would anyone want to see that fight to keep going? There's been UFC fights where guys are wobbling and refuse to go down and it's been stopped. Dillashaw Barao 2. Andre Arlovski vs Travis Browne. Dos anjos vs Alvarez. Cat Zingano vs Miesha Tate. The list goes on. If you're not defending and you become a punching bag, the fight's over.
The only time McGregor's stamina are in question is when he's fighting out of his element. IE: the boxing match vs Mayweather or both fights versus Nate at 170 lbs.

You think Conor gets gassed while fighting Nate at 155? I dont. I think he's hitting a guy that is much lighter. I think Nate's stamina comes into question because he's so much more drained from the weight cut.

I'd expect Mayweather to have a difficult time adjusting to 5 minute rounds. It's just very different from what he's trained for his whole life.
4/12/2018 2:08pm Edited Date/Time 4/12/2018 2:09pm
greenmx5 wrote:
I never called it a fluke punch, I was just saying some did. But it would legitimize his win if he had the rematch. He told...
I never called it a fluke punch, I was just saying some did. But it would legitimize his win if he had the rematch. He told Aldo in the octagon while standing next to him "we will do this again."

Max is not even CLOSE to the same fighter he was when they fought the first time. Not even close. If you think he's relatively close to the same fighter he was when he fought McGregor, you don't watch MMA very often. Hitting someone on the button isn't considered "destroying" either. Granted, he did call it, and it was perfect timing, it's not destroying someone.

GSP won the belt and continued to defend it 2-3 times for years to legitimize his legacy.

I hate the argument that this person isn't popular enough or talk enough to fight Conor, so he doesn't get to fight him. Who fucking cares man. Really. Is this a sport or the WWE? Why do we even have rankings if it's based off who has the biggest mouth? If Conor was really "anyone, any time", he would have fought Ferguson, Barboza, Lee, and Khabib aleady. It's been a year and a half since he even fought. And nobody is bigger than the sport itself. Do you know what the selling price of the UFC was?

My point is only that him and his fans cannot call him the best or even on the list until he proves it with his skills, not his bank account. If you want to call him the best businessman in the UFC, go ahead. But he's not the best MMA fighter to ever step in there.

"Legitimize his win"..... seriously? Nobody has to legitimize a win when they dominate someone that convincingly.

And they would've rematched had Aldo kept his name up. But he didnt. He continued to lose fights and his stock has fallen. While at the same time Conor's stock kept rising. You really think Conor wouldnt fight him again if the money was right? The fact is, the money cant be right because Aldo cant sell PPV anymore.

Max isnt the same fighter he was when he was younger. You're right. But neither is Conor. And again, Conor beat Max while Conor's knee was torn.

You may watch a lot of MMA, but you dont really understand the business of fighting. Conor costs the UFC a LOT of money each time he fights. He cant just take on anyone / anytime. Nor should he. Listen to GSP's comments on the subject. Or Khabib's manager. They dont agree with casual fans such as yourself.

Sure, I'd love to see Conor fight 4x a year and battle everyone. I love watching him promote & fight. But I also understand the business and why it's not feasible. He outgrew the sport. That's no reason to question the legitimacy of his legacy or discredit his accomplishments. Totally weak on your part.

I cant believe you even use Kevin Lee as an example. Dude couldnt even make weight last time (eating tiramisu the night before weigh-ins) and totally fucked himself versus Ferguson. Tony, whom by the way is a total pull-out artist. Khabib doesnt promote well. And nobody knows who Barboza is outside of die-hard fans.

Fighters like GSP or Conor are champs for a reason. And they have every right to protect their legacy. If a guy wants to fight them, all they have to do is win & promote. Max is getting close. And Ortega is well on his way. Nate is already there.

Fucking Khabib just headlined his first PPV and you think Conor should've already fought him already. I cannot wait to see them fight, but damn, Khabib has to do his job as well.
MR. X
4/12/2018 2:11pm
The only time McGregor's stamina are in question is when he's fighting out of his element. IE: the boxing match vs Mayweather or both fights versus...
The only time McGregor's stamina are in question is when he's fighting out of his element. IE: the boxing match vs Mayweather or both fights versus Nate at 170 lbs.

You think Conor gets gassed while fighting Nate at 155? I dont. I think he's hitting a guy that is much lighter. I think Nate's stamina comes into question because he's so much more drained from the weight cut.

I'd expect Mayweather to have a difficult time adjusting to 5 minute rounds. It's just very different from what he's trained for his whole life.
4/12/2018 7:36pm Edited Date/Time 4/12/2018 7:43pm
Ummm.... go rewatch the 9th round. McGregor hit Mayweather with a body shot that hurt him and before he could go in for the kill, the...
Ummm.... go rewatch the 9th round. McGregor hit Mayweather with a body shot that hurt him and before he could go in for the kill, the ref jumped in for absolutely no reason. It possibly changed the outcome of the fight.
I’m not arguing ?? I think Mcgregor could of went the distance In that fight. and Mcgregor even said he wishes he woulda let it go linger. Mcgregor wants to get knocked the fuck out. He doesn’t want a stop fight.

As far as out growing the sport ? Is that serious ? How does the ufc survive past the casual fan? how do you go from nothing on welfare to outgrowing the sport in about 5 years ???

Mcgregor and mayweather are MARKETING KINGS. I’m already excited to watch this since mayweathers old man was talking shit. They’re like classy talking shit. Great hype
greenmx5
4/13/2018 4:45am Edited Date/Time 4/13/2018 5:11am
greenmx5 wrote:
I never called it a fluke punch, I was just saying some did. But it would legitimize his win if he had the rematch. He told...

"Legitimize his win"..... seriously? Nobody has to legitimize a win when they dominate someone that convincingly. And they would've rematched had Aldo kept his name up...
"Legitimize his win"..... seriously? Nobody has to legitimize a win when they dominate someone that convincingly.

And they would've rematched had Aldo kept his name up. But he didnt. He continued to lose fights and his stock has fallen. While at the same time Conor's stock kept rising. You really think Conor wouldnt fight him again if the money was right? The fact is, the money cant be right because Aldo cant sell PPV anymore.

Max isnt the same fighter he was when he was younger. You're right. But neither is Conor. And again, Conor beat Max while Conor's knee was torn.

You may watch a lot of MMA, but you dont really understand the business of fighting. Conor costs the UFC a LOT of money each time he fights. He cant just take on anyone / anytime. Nor should he. Listen to GSP's comments on the subject. Or Khabib's manager. They dont agree with casual fans such as yourself.

Sure, I'd love to see Conor fight 4x a year and battle everyone. I love watching him promote & fight. But I also understand the business and why it's not feasible. He outgrew the sport. That's no reason to question the legitimacy of his legacy or discredit his accomplishments. Totally weak on your part.

I cant believe you even use Kevin Lee as an example. Dude couldnt even make weight last time (eating tiramisu the night before weigh-ins) and totally fucked himself versus Ferguson. Tony, whom by the way is a total pull-out artist. Khabib doesnt promote well. And nobody knows who Barboza is outside of die-hard fans.

Fighters like GSP or Conor are champs for a reason. And they have every right to protect their legacy. If a guy wants to fight them, all they have to do is win & promote. Max is getting close. And Ortega is well on his way. Nate is already there.

Fucking Khabib just headlined his first PPV and you think Conor should've already fought him already. I cannot wait to see them fight, but damn, Khabib has to do his job as well.
Man.. there's so much wrong with your post.

Yes. Legitimize his win. "Domination" isn't defined by a one punch knockout. A domination would be beating someone over the course of a couple rounds and using them as a punching bag. Matt Serra beat GSP the first time they fought. Does that make Serra the better fighter? Hell no. You do know that guys sometimes fight 2 and 3 times to find out who the better fighter is? Junior dos Santos destroyed Cain Velasquez, but then Cain proved to be better by beating him twice after that. What was it exactly that McGregor did when he lost to Diaz? Asked for an immediate rematch. Look up how many trilogies there were in MMA.

Aldo beat Edgar in his first fight back in dominating fashion after losing to McGregor and won the interim belt since McGregor doesn't defend belts. They could have fought then. It could have been promoted. But it wasn't. Aldo could have done anything, but the UFC didn't want to promote it. It wasn't till a year later then he did in fact lose twice to Holloway.

Who are you to say what someone else on the internet understands and doesn't understand? I've been watching since Ken Shamrock and Royce Gracie fought so long that they called it a draw, so I'm pretty far from a casual fan buddy.

You can say that McGregor is a great BUSINESSMAN, yes, and I'll agree. But as far as his legacy as a fighter, he has A LOT to prove yet. He had ONE fight at lightweight and had a road paved of gold to getting two belts, whereas nobody else was even given the opportunity. You can be the first to do something if everyone before you was denied.

The Tiramisu joke wasn't even regarding Kevin Lee.... it was Tony picking on Khabib. So, you call me a casual, then say that I'm a die-hard because I brought Barboza into the mix?

GSP didn't sit on his legacy. He defended his belt 9 times to Conor's 0. They're not even in the same category. Again, I'm talking about the fighting aspect, not the money and business aspect.

Every time Khabib is on the mic he says shit that people love. He's been calling for the belt and Conor for over a year now. And Tony is hilarious on the mic and interviews. The UFC isn't promoting people, bottom line, if you want to talk about the business end. They put all their eggs in the Rousey and McGregor baskets years ago and haven't done shit on promoting people since. There's plenty of dudes in there now with personalities that they're dropping the ball on. Look at the promo stuff for when Nunes fought Rousey. Rousey was coming back after a beating and all they talked about was her. You would have thought she was the champ going into the Nunes fight. They were banking on Rousey retaining her title, and it backfired majorly. 75% of the work of promotion is the UFC promoting you as well. You can do all you want, but if you're left in the dark by the organization you fight for, you're SOL. People still don't know who Nunes is. Sage Northcutt was promoted like he was the next great thing for some reason and he wasn't even that good. He had 0 personality.

You sound like a huge McGregor fan the way you say people don't deserve to fight him because of their popularity. This is the McGregor fan's way of trying to justify him not defending his belts, and it's getting stale. It will soon be 2 years since he won the lightweight belt and he doesn't even have a fight scheduled.That's where the sport is going to shit. The belts and rankings don't mean shit in MMA anymore, and the further we get from that, the further we get from the UFC being a legitimized sport. It's things like this that are leading us down the road of WWE.
4/13/2018 5:14am Edited Date/Time 4/13/2018 5:18am
Ummm.... go rewatch the 9th round. McGregor hit Mayweather with a body shot that hurt him and before he could go in for the kill, the...
I’m not arguing ?? I think Mcgregor could of went the distance In that fight. and Mcgregor even said he wishes he woulda let it go...
I’m not arguing ?? I think Mcgregor could of went the distance In that fight. and Mcgregor even said he wishes he woulda let it go linger. Mcgregor wants to get knocked the fuck out. He doesn’t want a stop fight.

As far as out growing the sport ? Is that serious ? How does the ufc survive past the casual fan? how do you go from nothing on welfare to outgrowing the sport in about 5 years ???

Mcgregor and mayweather are MARKETING KINGS. I’m already excited to watch this since mayweathers old man was talking shit. They’re like classy talking shit. Great hype
Im glad they stopped the fight when they did. McGregor was done cardio wise. And he was taking hits to the head.

A fighter's "chin" only has so much life in it. And McGregor has a history of taking a shot so he can give one. At some point that will catch up with him.

For the Mayweather boxing match, Conor's inexperience got the better of him. As by most accounts, he was up big on rounds early. He needed to take a couple rounds off to rest. That was the only way he wouldve made it the full 12. He could've taken the 7th & 8th rounds to rest and he still should have been up on the cards. Oh well.

I say McGregor outgrew the sport because he costs so much to have him fight now. His opponent has to be able to help him sell the fights to justify his pay scale. There are huge operating costs for the UFC. They are used to paying out around $3million in purses on a given PPV night. Conor costs about $30m these days. That's a lot considering the most a UFC fight can generate is about $60m in revenue if Conor is fighting. Whereas the boxing match with Floyd did $500m+ in revenue.

That's what has taken so long to make the Nate Diaz trilogy fight happen. Nate got $12m in the second fight. Now he is demanding a rumored $20m to fight Conor again. Factor in Conor gets a minimum of $30m for the fight and how does the UFC make any money? I think the UFC is just going to wait it out until Diaz comes down on his price. Meanwhile Conor could fight Khabib in Russia and if the UFC paid Khabib $5m for the fight, it'd be the most he's ever made in a single night, yet be relatively low compared to the revenue generated.

That is the tough position the UFC is in. They need a fighter to have enough hype to sell a fight with Conor, but not have the stature to demand so much money that the fight doesnt pencil out. Which is the hiccup in the GSP vs Conor superfight that has been rumored about. Both can sell the fight, but GSP isnt going to be ok with making less than Conor. And if you pay GSP a fair amount, the fight probably doesnt make money. It's easier to build up Max, Khabib, or Ortega as opponents for Conor at this point. They can be had at a relatively cheap price.

Mayweather is the only "superfight" opponent that can generate 100's of millions in revenue, to justify the costs of the event. Unfortunately.
4/13/2018 5:24am
greenmx5 wrote:
Man.. there's so much wrong with your post. Yes. Legitimize his win. "Domination" isn't defined by a one punch knockout. A domination would be beating someone...
Man.. there's so much wrong with your post.

Yes. Legitimize his win. "Domination" isn't defined by a one punch knockout. A domination would be beating someone over the course of a couple rounds and using them as a punching bag. Matt Serra beat GSP the first time they fought. Does that make Serra the better fighter? Hell no. You do know that guys sometimes fight 2 and 3 times to find out who the better fighter is? Junior dos Santos destroyed Cain Velasquez, but then Cain proved to be better by beating him twice after that. What was it exactly that McGregor did when he lost to Diaz? Asked for an immediate rematch. Look up how many trilogies there were in MMA.

Aldo beat Edgar in his first fight back in dominating fashion after losing to McGregor and won the interim belt since McGregor doesn't defend belts. They could have fought then. It could have been promoted. But it wasn't. Aldo could have done anything, but the UFC didn't want to promote it. It wasn't till a year later then he did in fact lose twice to Holloway.

Who are you to say what someone else on the internet understands and doesn't understand? I've been watching since Ken Shamrock and Royce Gracie fought so long that they called it a draw, so I'm pretty far from a casual fan buddy.

You can say that McGregor is a great BUSINESSMAN, yes, and I'll agree. But as far as his legacy as a fighter, he has A LOT to prove yet. He had ONE fight at lightweight and had a road paved of gold to getting two belts, whereas nobody else was even given the opportunity. You can be the first to do something if everyone before you was denied.

The Tiramisu joke wasn't even regarding Kevin Lee.... it was Tony picking on Khabib. So, you call me a casual, then say that I'm a die-hard because I brought Barboza into the mix?

GSP didn't sit on his legacy. He defended his belt 9 times to Conor's 0. They're not even in the same category. Again, I'm talking about the fighting aspect, not the money and business aspect.

Every time Khabib is on the mic he says shit that people love. He's been calling for the belt and Conor for over a year now. And Tony is hilarious on the mic and interviews. The UFC isn't promoting people, bottom line, if you want to talk about the business end. They put all their eggs in the Rousey and McGregor baskets years ago and haven't done shit on promoting people since. There's plenty of dudes in there now with personalities that they're dropping the ball on. Look at the promo stuff for when Nunes fought Rousey. Rousey was coming back after a beating and all they talked about was her. You would have thought she was the champ going into the Nunes fight. They were banking on Rousey retaining her title, and it backfired majorly. 75% of the work of promotion is the UFC promoting you as well. You can do all you want, but if you're left in the dark by the organization you fight for, you're SOL. People still don't know who Nunes is. Sage Northcutt was promoted like he was the next great thing for some reason and he wasn't even that good. He had 0 personality.

You sound like a huge McGregor fan the way you say people don't deserve to fight him because of their popularity. This is the McGregor fan's way of trying to justify him not defending his belts, and it's getting stale. It will soon be 2 years since he won the lightweight belt and he doesn't even have a fight scheduled.That's where the sport is going to shit. The belts and rankings don't mean shit in MMA anymore, and the further we get from that, the further we get from the UFC being a legitimized sport. It's things like this that are leading us down the road of WWE.
Kevin Lee was on twitter the night before his weigh-ins posting photos of tiramisu while openly admitting he still had a ways to go (19 lbs) on his weight cut.

Brush up.

Post a reply to: Mayweather Vs. McGregor 2

The Latest