Maybe you really are just an a******

Related:
Create New Tag

8/29/2018 6:38 AM

The other thread got me to thinking about a class I took last year. The 3 day class was on the multi generational workplace. Working for the govt, we have people in their mid 20s to 70s in the same office.

Anyway, that's not really the topic here. The subject came up in the class about keyboard warriors/tough-guys/assholes, etc.

My thoughts on that has always been that the person is protected by anninimity and possibly thousands of miles from the person they are lashing out at so the are just"being" an asshole. But a newer thought on that is "no, he isn't just 'being' an asshole, he really is a genuine asshole" in real life, but maybe contains it in person to person interactions.

So my question to you is, gentle reader, are you really an asshole or do you just play one on the interwebs?

|

No Signature.

8/29/2018 7:08 AM

Photo
whistling
|

"We don't rent pigs."

8/29/2018 7:17 AM

To paraphrase the Rogue Warrior, Dick Marcinko "I am equal opportunity. I treat everyone exactly the same. Like shit"

|

“If I remember how this worked, you’d put a side on, and then you’d go and have something to eat, and then you’d put another side on.” … Mick Jagger

8/29/2018 7:26 AM

I know what you’re saying and that is a real possibility. I can be at times, but most of the time I’m not. My best friend is a far lefty, half of my extended family and 99% of our beach clients are too. We get along so well with our clients they invite us to dinners, parties and vacations. The most important thing is when I see my grandkids they run to me and jump in my arms.

I would never get into a conversation/debate in real life like I do on here. I don’t like confrontation and arguments so I would rather shut it up to avoid that. Def a keyboard warrior to a certain extent. Although I’m also not afraid to let people know who I am, so you can’t say I’m hiding behind a keyboard. Anyone wants my full name, address, phone, I have no problem giving that out. That info is all available with a google search

|

8/29/2018 7:45 AM

There was this other motorcycle website, I cannot remember what it was called, but its logo looked like a limp dick.

Anyway, I used my real name on that website, and it was not an issue until President George Bush decided to invade Iraq.

I came unglued, because I thought it was a total war of choice, and not by necessity.

I was called every name in the book. I learned the hard way that voicing your opinions, and attaching them to your real name, carried consequence.

I learned a lot from that experience.

|

8/29/2018 7:49 AM

I can be. Trust me on that. On a side note, my last dispatcher got a nasty e-mail, the last one I ever sent to him. If you think I’m a dick here, you should read that one. Spoiled, snot nosed little mama’s boy, owner’s son, never seen the inside of a truck, and never made a mistake. Ever. Just ask him. Only reason I sent that e-mail, is because if I’d called, I’d have completely lost my shit, after 4 months of his shit, on a temporary job.

|

8/29/2018 8:01 AM

Everything I say on here I’d say / have said to someone’s face.

|

8/29/2018 8:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2018 8:04 AM

Tough guy above me.

I bet we all are generally similar personalities and if we were all together we could get a job done.

Who knows, if the next world war starts we might just end up having to work together after all.

I’m ready ! I can get the job done. And I’ll need everyone’s help. Or I should say we will all need each others help!

|

GP740
Since 1987

8/29/2018 8:12 AM

I've never been an asshole, not even once.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

8/29/2018 8:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2018 8:45 AM

I’m pretty much the same. I’ll call you out in person, but will look at it from both sides before. Did he mean that, am I being a bitch. I’m honest and almost too blunt at times, so I’ve been trying to express myself in a more presentable way. I’m certainly only assholes to people on the internet when they are asking for it.

With that said, Georgie, I dont understand the tough guy comment. Maybe know it all or smart ass, but tough guy? Wombat hasn’t crossed the line (in terms of insulting people) so I’d say it’s believable he is like that in rl too.

|

8/29/2018 8:56 AM

Shiftfaced wrote:

There was this other motorcycle website, I cannot remember what it was called, but its logo looked like a limp dick.

Anyway, ...more

Hahaha damn. Ya man I’d be a little weary attaching my real name with public forums. I think a lot of you would be surprised by the amount of things that can can be dug up if the perpetrator uses the right tools. The deep web is scary place, I’ve never been on there, but the stories I’ve read. You can actually put your whole family at risk.. if any of you choose to ever check out the deep web you better use a VPN service that spoofs your location

|

8/29/2018 9:04 AM

I talk here how I would face to face with anyone who wants to talk about these sort of topics. Most people I know don't like discussing MX or the type of things we discuss in Non Moto, so it's fairly good to avoid these discussions at dinner parties. What i don't do is discuss politics on Facebook because you lose a lot if you are not face to face and there, real relationships can suffer for it. A big problem is people are now conditioned to argue like they see on cable news rather than defending points and seeking to learn when others defend theirs and criticize yours.

|

8/29/2018 11:01 AM

I think there are a bunch more of them running around these days. With the advent of social media, I think people have lost their filters, and feel the need to let everyone know their opinion on every topic.

|

8/29/2018 4:11 PM

GuyB wrote:

I think there are a bunch more of them running around these days. With the advent of social media, I think people have lost ...more

I find myself expressing opinions but really try hard not to insult or bait others that have a differing opinion. In fact, hearing an opposing viewpoint can cause me to solidify my beliefs or lead me to a new opinion. There's some gold in here sometimes.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

8/29/2018 4:37 PM

GuyB wrote:

I think there are a bunch more of them running around these days. With the advent of social media, I think people have lost ...more

Most people would be shocked to know how little their political opinions matter. Other opinions do matter. I call out Foghorn on guitar building, Void on Linux, newmann on auto body, toolmaker, JAFO, most people on here know something about something. But there is nobody on this site that I would ask for their political opinion. I do not care what you think about political matters and nobody else does. Get that through your head and there will be fewer clicked threads.

|

8/29/2018 4:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2018 4:45 PM

GuyB wrote:

borg wrote:

Most people would be shocked to know how little their political opinions matter. Other opinions do matter. I call out Foghorn ...more

You talkin' to me...or chewin' a brick? Either way, ya lose yer teeth.devil silly I use this one at work, too (tongue in cheek)..."You know what's good for your teeth...milk. you know what else?....minding your own fucking business".

What you said is true.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

8/29/2018 5:02 PM

GuyB wrote:

borg wrote:

Most people would be shocked to know how little their political opinions matter. Other opinions do matter. I call out Foghorn ...more

plowboy wrote:

You talkin' to me...or chewin' a brick? Either way, ya lose yer teeth.devil silly I use this one at work, too (tongue in cheek)..."You ...more

One of my favorite stories is about a 9 year old boy sitting on bench in a park eating candy. An old guy sits down and says that shit will kill you. The boy says, my grandfather lived to be 103. The old guy says, buy eating candy? The boy says, no, by minding his own goddam business.

|

8/29/2018 7:12 PM

GuyB wrote:

I made the mistake of reading a few comments on the vital IG when you posted the Plessinger pic during the national anthem. . .

Holy hell there are some stubborn people with an extinguished whit out there. . .

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

8/29/2018 7:34 PM

JM485 wrote:

I made the mistake of reading a few comments on the vital IG when you posted the Plessinger pic during the national anthem. . ...more

You are correct.

|

8/30/2018 6:46 AM

GuyB wrote:

Yea. Face to face i believe majority here would use more filters and get along fine.

|

GP740
Since 1987

8/30/2018 7:12 AM

Be the same person on the street as you are behind a keyboard. Acting 2 different ways is weird.

|

8/30/2018 7:17 AM

mxb2 wrote:

Be the same person on the street as you are behind a keyboard. Acting 2 different ways is weird.

Agree 100%

|

8/30/2018 7:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/30/2018 3:23 PM

There is no chance I argue online. It's very rare offline. I know only one percent have the common sense to articulate a common disagreement, let alone a complex one, so there really is no point. tongue laughing

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

8/30/2018 9:16 AM

“If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.”

|

8/30/2018 9:58 PM

There once was an asshole that lived down the street, he'd frown and complain every time that we'd meet.

But then one day he suprised me with a smile, I said hey man how's it going I haven't seen you in a while.

He said pretty good I've been riding my dirt bike, it's so much fun I don't even want to fight.

and so I've been thinking I should go riding too, because you know dirt bikes are really really cool.

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

8/31/2018 3:38 AM

oldblood wrote:

There once was an asshole that lived down the street, he'd frown and complain every time that we'd meet.

But then one day he ...more

A poet AND philosophersmile

|

8/31/2018 2:27 PM

I never knew I was a gigantic asshole until I got married- now my wife reminds me on a regular basis.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

8/31/2018 6:20 PM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

I never knew I was a gigantic asshole until I got married- now my wife reminds me on a regular basis.

I think it's a term of endearment. You asshole = I love you. Fuck you asshole = I love you lots. Sleep on the couch asshole = I'm so full of love for you. This is straight from the asshole translation book.whistling

|

9/1/2018 7:02 AM

Log Hopper wrote:

“If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.”

That is so true. Anytime some complains about the assholes they deal with all the time, it's pretty easy to see the common denominator.

|

No Signature.

9/1/2018 8:24 PM

Depends on what an asshole is. Seriously. Definitions matter.

Fun experiment: Read the definition of asshole. Then, read the definitions of the synonyms for the non-anus (not the actual body part) definitions of asshole.

Pretty ill-defined and subjective, no?

You can actually uncover quite a few basic human biases, simply by trying to figure out what an "asshole" is.

|

xbox one: th3mup
steamid: hea†hen