Margarita Recipe

Related:
Create New Tag

8/31/2018 10:28 AM

I have never made one or even had one , but the wife loves them. She wants to make some this weekend because I’m firing up the smoker.

Who has a good recipe they are willing to share? I know Newmann enjoyed one from time to time

|

8/31/2018 10:37 AM

did we just become best friends?

|

8/31/2018 10:46 AM

Hahaha. Maybe so.. the kids will be out

|

8/31/2018 11:16 AM

Here is my favorite

1 part fresh lime juice
1/2 part agave nectar
Splash of water
1 1/2 - 2 parts silver tequila

Shake with ice and strain over ice or just strain into a chilled glass with no ice. Good quality tequila a plus, just avoid the 9 dollar half gallon...smile

Like Cointreau? Add some.

Photo

|

8/31/2018 11:18 AM

Photo
|

8/31/2018 11:30 AM

I do mine as follows:

2 shots of tequila
2 shots of triple sec.
Lime juice til it looks right.
A ton of ice. Let the ice melt for a minute.

|

8/31/2018 11:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/31/2018 11:36 AM

Want a good quick ready mix?

Mix 1 part with 1 part good tequila. Shake the hell out of it with ice.

Photo

|

8/31/2018 12:33 PM

Apologize for the ignorant question. So this is all in a shaker and not something like a blender?

Thanks for the recipes!

|

8/31/2018 12:59 PM

JRT812 wrote:

Apologize for the ignorant question. So this is all in a shaker and not something like a blender?

Thanks for the recipes!

Oh, you want one of those margaritas. Go ahead and get the 9 dollar a gallon tequila.

laughing

Photo

|

8/31/2018 1:02 PM

JRT812 wrote:

Thanks for the recipes!

newmann wrote:

Oh, you want one of those margaritas. Go ahead and get the 9 dollar a gallon tequila.

laughing

Photo

Haha no... I figured between 6 of us it would be quicker. Just want a good one to keep her from forcing me to hit the local Mexican restaurant up

|

8/31/2018 1:20 PM

Hahaha, ok looking back at the recipes, that was stupid on my part. Cut me a break and never had one. For some reason I thought I remembered they came in pitcher at restaurants. Whatever works and tastes good I’m down for. I typically only drink beer

|

8/31/2018 1:31 PM

JRT812 wrote:

Hahaha, ok looking back at the recipes, that was stupid on my part. Cut me a break and never had one. For some reason I ...more

try a Baja Fog brah

drink the top couple inches of a corona, pour in a shot of tequila, pound it all in one go

get's me fuckin' going every time

|

8/31/2018 3:07 PM

I’m gonna try Newman’s way to pair with this chop plate. God i love my wife.

Photo

|

GP740
Since 1987

8/31/2018 4:19 PM

Oh my my. Looks great Georgie. Pics will come soon from side

|

8/31/2018 4:52 PM

JRT812 wrote:

Hahaha, ok looking back at the recipes, that was stupid on my part. Cut me a break and never had one. For some reason I ...more

Blended and on the rocks are both good, depends on your/her mood. I usuualy do 2 tequila to one cointreau to one lime juice. Maybe a shake of salt. Or you can sub the cointreau for grand marnier. Deadly.

And if you really want to blow her mind, make her a grand marnier cake. Chocolate/orange cake with grand marnier drizzle covered in infused whipping cream.

Fuck I'm hungry.

|

8/31/2018 7:19 PM

Menu for the holiday weekend is firmed up. Sat is smoked corned beef brisket. Sunday is smoked pork sirloin blade chops, Mon is Cajun burnt bone-in chicken thighs on the grill. Sides TBD. If anything turns out I'll post pics. Got a hankering for some homemade ice cream on an impossible cake.

Impossible cake recipe. Rectangular cake pan (I don't know the dimensions...just regular). Spray it with that stuff. 1 can of your preferred pie filling...peach, Apple, blueberry, BlackBerry, snozberry. Dump it in and level it out in the pan. 1 box of yellow cake mix. Brand doesn't matter. Dump the mix as evenly as you can on top of the pie filling you already put in the pan. 1 and 3/4 sticks of butter melted (more is better but don't cry if your heart clogs and stops). Pour the melted butter on the cake mix...try for good coverage. Toss it in your 350 degree preheated oven for 45 minutes. Take it out of the oven, scrape out a hunk real quick and put a big goop of ice cream on it. It is frikkin amazing.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

8/31/2018 7:21 PM

plowboy wrote:

Menu for the holiday weekend is firmed up. Sat is smoked corned beef brisket. Sunday is smoked pork sirloin blade chops, Mon ...more

Yes to pics please. I want to see the smoked corned beef brisket.

|

9/2/2018 4:23 AM

1 part tequila
1 part lime juice
1 part agave nectar
1 part orange juice
So far this is my wife’s favorite

|

9/2/2018 8:08 AM

Right on,I found it best to drink a glass full of tequila then sip on the mix and salt as desert.

|

9/2/2018 8:18 AM

plowboy wrote:

Menu for the holiday weekend is firmed up. Sat is smoked corned beef brisket. Sunday is smoked pork sirloin blade chops, Mon ...more

TXDirt wrote:

Yes to pics please. I want to see the smoked corned beef brisket.

Photo

Photo

This fatty hunk of deliciousness is on. Starting temp a little high but it started raining so it'll cool down. I'll probably wrap it in a couple of hours to finish it off.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

9/2/2018 8:51 AM

Pirate421 wrote:

1 part tequila
1 part lime juice
1 part agave nectar
1 part orange juice

Pour a shot of amaretto over the top of that before you serve.

|

9/2/2018 9:06 AM

Pirate421 wrote:

1 part tequila
1 part lime juice
1 part agave nectar
1 part orange juice

newmann wrote:

Man, I love margaritas but a couple is all I can handle. Tequila does not like me. Vodka is even worse. Funny because I can drink Old Crow or Grandad and any single malt all night with no ill effects.

|

9/2/2018 10:36 AM

plowboy wrote:

Man, I love margaritas but a couple is all I can handle. Tequila does not like me. Vodka is even worse. Funny because I can ...more

You must have the hobo gene in your DNA

|

9/2/2018 12:22 PM

Chambord is another good topper for Margs. More expensive than Amaretto, but good.

|

9/2/2018 2:01 PM

newmann wrote:

plowboy wrote:

Man, I love margaritas but a couple is all I can handle. Tequila does not like me. Vodka is even worse. Funny because I can ...more

el moto diablo wrote:

You must have the hobo gene in your DNA

Lol...that I do. My Grandpa told me stories of riding the rails during the great depression. I remember him saying they'd winter up out in western Tx/eastern NM....for some reason Odessa TX comes to mind. Anyway, the oilfields were going and there was a gas burn off plume so big it was 70 degrees in a 100 yard radius around it. He said you could sleep on the ground all winter without a blanket. I know he was born in "Booger" county Arkansas (Leadhill). He did moonshine. Told me the speakeasys wouldn't buy clear shine. The used to throw a plug of tobacco in it for color and sold all they made. If you've tasted Old Grandad and ever chewed plug tobacco...you will know what I'm talking about.

|

9/2/2018 2:09 PM

Photo

Just a snort now and then. Puts lead in your pencil.
|

9/2/2018 3:23 PM

Pirate421 wrote:

1 part tequila
1 part lime juice
1 part agave nectar
1 part orange juice

newmann wrote:

plowboy wrote:

No kidding,

Vodka makes me hurt myself.

|

9/2/2018 3:46 PM

newmann wrote:

plowboy wrote:

hillbilly wrote:

No kidding,

Vodka makes me hurt myself.

I was standing in a long line waiting to get into the Cambridge Corn Exchange to see Judas Priest...1977 or '78. Had a fifth of Smirnoff. Decided I didn't want to carry the bottle so I unscrewed the cap and tossed it. Downed the whole thing. Next thing I remember I woke up in the street. Damn lucky I didn't get run over or die from alcohol od. Just the smell makes me sick now. Never said I was smart...but I am experienced.

|