Make GuyB change his mind

Deja New
Edited Date/Time 1/28/2021 7:16pm
Boys and girls we need to keep non Moto! After reading in the “some freestyle dude is smart thread” that Steve was thinking of canning a favorite hangout of ours, we need to convince him to keep it.
So Guy Steve Gibby maaaaateee we love this place so if we play nice can we stay?
Cheers Patrick......
|
reded
9/30/2020 4:10am
I probably won’t be visiting as much if it goes away. The Moto section hasn’t had a whole lot of interesting material lately so I’ve been relying on Non Moto to get my Vital fix.
Stuntman949
9/30/2020 6:57am
I like the section because at the end of the day, we all have Moto in common and its who I can virtually relate to the most. I feel like its a fun and supportive group mostly. I realize politics are forbidden but that rule has also never worked anywhere else in the world sooo
OG725
9/30/2020 7:13am
I've tried to get in to the "Moto" section, but it just ain't Motodrive, it's kind of like RonRonMX meets Romper Room.

The Shop

Falcon
Fantasy
856th
9/30/2020 8:31am
Steve can run this forum however he wants.
My worry is that the Moto section will simply start looking like Non-moto if this side goes away.
zehn
9/30/2020 9:57am
Was he being serious? Maybe we can get him to weigh in. I mostly hang out in the moto section but I really enjoy this part of the forum as well. And obviously the home cooking thread Tongue
zehn
9/30/2020 10:41am
I think the IP ban suggestion is a good one. I've actually never been on a forum that didn't use IP bans except this one. I understand where Steve is coming from, although I don't agree with him RE: getting rid of Non-Moto. I also haven't had to moderate this forum for nearly two decades, thank god.

Internet forums, by their very definition, attract people who have strong opinions and want a place to express them. Coupled with the general characteristics of racers/motorheads, you have a perfect storm of ingredients to produce an environment that requires a lot of moderation. No doubt this is overwhelming and I'm constantly impressed with the amount of patience Steve shows. Is he perfect? Of course not. None of us are. We all make mistakes.

I don't have the solution to the problem. More mods? I'm not sure that would help and might even make the problem worse. Regardless, I would be very disappointed to see Non-Moto get the axe. There are good people here. There's a good sense of community and camaraderie here. It seems that many of the guys here have been on this or other moto forums for a long time and the loss of this part of the forum would mean a fair number of guys would lose a convenient platform for interacting with each other. I'd hate to see that
MasonMan
9/30/2020 12:10pm
Should add a Pay to Play Political section. Vital would make Bank.
sleeve1
Fantasy
1921st
9/30/2020 12:12pm
I lurked here for awhile before signing up. I signed up because of non moto. If it where to leave I probably won't visit much after that, I spend more time here than moto related.

Steve please keep non moto...
ATKpilot99
9/30/2020 4:05pm
sleeve1 wrote:
I lurked here for awhile before signing up. I signed up because of non moto. If it where to leave I probably won't visit much after...
I lurked here for awhile before signing up. I signed up because of non moto. If it where to leave I probably won't visit much after that, I spend more time here than moto related.

I remember guyb saying you were in danger of being clicked if you spent more time in non moto than moto . That was awhile ago and I'm not sure if he ever followed through on it.
Deja New
9/30/2020 4:24pm
sleeve1 wrote:
I lurked here for awhile before signing up. I signed up because of non moto. If it where to leave I probably won't visit much after...

ATKpilot99 wrote:
I remember guyb saying you were in danger of being clicked if you spent more time in non moto than moto . That was awhile ago...
I remember guyb saying you were in danger of being clicked if you spent more time in non moto than moto . That was awhile ago and I'm not sure if he ever followed through on it.
I remember reading something along those lines......
TXDirt
9/30/2020 4:29pm
There is way more garbage in the moto threads then here. Personal attacks, name calling, garbage threads, etc. It’s just too much to police so a lot gets to slide by over there.

Non-moto is pretty clean all things considered. And there is a lot of good info posted and a good community here.

Most of the regulars know the no politics and no religion rules here. When the rules are not followed you get clicked.

It’s not like political threads are popping up right and left. I’m here every day and read almost every thread. Pretty rare to see things that cross the line.

I really enjoy the threads that connect us instead of the ones that divide us. I guess that’s why I love the Food thread we have going. We don’t have to agree politically to appreciate and enjoy what everyone is cooking up! We all gotta eat!!

Cheers!
lestat
9/30/2020 5:04pm
Non moto does more good than harm . In times like these , should we be blowing up all communities , regardless of how small and insignificant they may seem ? My opinion .
XXVoid MainXX
9/30/2020 5:41pm
lestat wrote:
Non moto does more good than harm . In times like these , should we be blowing up all communities , regardless of how small and...
Non moto does more good than harm . In times like these , should we be blowing up all communities , regardless of how small and insignificant they may seem ? My opinion .
Yeah, Non Moto is saving the world. Smile
Deja New
9/30/2020 5:43pm
lestat wrote:
Non moto does more good than harm . In times like these , should we be blowing up all communities , regardless of how small and...
One post at a time
lestat
9/30/2020 8:35pm
lestat wrote:
Deja New wrote:
One post at a time
It could happen ...
Chance1216
9/30/2020 9:29pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2020 9:32pm
I bounce back and forth between moto and non moto.
I don't race but, enjoy watching and going to them. I enjoy the builds as well. I've learned a lot about HRC parts thanks to many of the guys building replica bikes with actual HRC parts (Tokyo Tiddler,Vintage Honda NL).
The humor, the things we have in common, home cooking,
pics of the day, and some of the guys that are actually decent I've managed to become friends with are what keeps me around. Most of the friends I've made, I'm in touch with. So, with that said. I’m not afraid to say if non moto goes I’m probably going to go with it.
I’m just one guy who’s possible leaving probably doesn’t mean much. But, taking away 50% of the reason I stop by isn’t fair. Non moto was here when I joined. It’s half the reason I joined. Anyways, if it goes, you guys have my contact info.
BobbyLight
10/2/2020 1:21am
How would you guys feel about an mx forum that allowed any topics with essentially no “clicking”? Would anyone actually join/use it? Just curious.
10/2/2020 1:51am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2020 1:53am
BobbyLight wrote:
How would you guys feel about an mx forum that allowed any topics with essentially no “clicking”? Would anyone actually join/use it? Just curious.
Most forums are on life support now, this place on race day is a shell of what it once was. I do not think a new forum has much chance of surviving. Everything is Tweeter and Instogram.
OG725
10/2/2020 5:08am
BobbyLight wrote:
Motodrive2? 😂😂😂
XXVoid MainXX
10/2/2020 5:13am
BobbyLight wrote:
I guess I could fire freelenny.com back up.
OG725
10/2/2020 5:17am
BobbyLight wrote:
I guess I could fire freelenny.com back up.
My WildBullRider.com site, has a dormant forum.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
10/2/2020 5:49am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2020 6:00am
1911 wrote:
Most forums are on life support now, this place on race day is a shell of what it once was. I do not think a new...
Most forums are on life support now, this place on race day is a shell of what it once was. I do not think a new forum has much chance of surviving. Everything is Tweeter and Instogram.
Be curious to see the numbers of users online this versus past..I would agree, it seems a bit quieter on race days.

Maybe GuyB could chime in with some data..Maybe people are just out riding?
agn5009
10/2/2020 5:54am
1911 wrote:
Most forums are on life support now, this place on race day is a shell of what it once was. I do not think a new...
Brad460 wrote:
Be curious to see the numbers of users online this versus past..I would agree, it seems a bit quieter on race days. Maybe GuyB could chime...
Be curious to see the numbers of users online this versus past..I would agree, it seems a bit quieter on race days.

Vital getting rid of Scottie affected that. Half of us participated in the race threads just to BS with him.
Deja New
10/2/2020 5:57am
1911 wrote:
Brad460 wrote:
Be curious to see the numbers of users online this versus past..I would agree, it seems a bit quieter on race days. Maybe GuyB could chime...

agn5009 wrote:
Vital getting rid of Scottie affected that. Half of us participated in the race threads just to BS with him.
Damn straight.

Post a reply to: Make GuyB change his mind

The Latest