MLB 60 Games in...

zjbell
Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 2:33pm
I can't believe we're already 60 games into the season...

I'm kinda bummed to see Tampa struggling and letting NY and BOS stay out front, they seem to be making a run but I don't know if they have the pitching to hang with the big boys this year. I still think Boston will win the division. NY with the AL wild card.

Toronto has folded, I think the best days are behind them. Halladay having health issues leaves the starting rotation vulnerable. I think they'll finish as predicted, only ahead of the Orioles.

I think the Phils will take the NL East, the Mets are all over the place. It always seems like that team is one step away from implosion. Mets might have a shot at the NL wild card, but I think Philly will hold on to the division.

The AL and NL Central are wide open. I'd like to see the Cards and Minnesota take the Central divisions, although it seems like Detroit has some staying power.

Out west it's a pretty weak scene with the exception of the Dodgers, and the only reason they have a great record is because of all the games with the weaker west coast teams. The AL isn't much better, I don't think Texas has the staying power and we'll see them fade in the heat of the summer.

It's sad to see what is happening to some of these smaller market teams (SD, PIT) I feel bad for the fans, the teams are literally getting sold out from under them.

How bad are the Nats? God, that team needs help. A new stadium and they are pulling like 10k fans on a Friday night game. I don't know if bringing the team to DC was the right choice.

Oh, and while I'm at it-- I'm sick of this,"one name at a time steroid" business. Yeah, no shit Sosa was using, but either release all the names now or burn those papers. Put this shit to bed for once. Testing is working (as evidenced by Man Ram's vacation) let's just move on.
|
YZ441
6/17/2009 6:36pm
zjbell wrote:
I can't believe we're already 60 games into the season... I'm kinda bummed to see Tampa struggling and letting NY and BOS stay out front, they...
I can't believe we're already 60 games into the season...

I'm kinda bummed to see Tampa struggling and letting NY and BOS stay out front, they seem to be making a run but I don't know if they have the pitching to hang with the big boys this year. I still think Boston will win the division. NY with the AL wild card.

Toronto has folded, I think the best days are behind them. Halladay having health issues leaves the starting rotation vulnerable. I think they'll finish as predicted, only ahead of the Orioles.

I think the Phils will take the NL East, the Mets are all over the place. It always seems like that team is one step away from implosion. Mets might have a shot at the NL wild card, but I think Philly will hold on to the division.

The AL and NL Central are wide open. I'd like to see the Cards and Minnesota take the Central divisions, although it seems like Detroit has some staying power.

Out west it's a pretty weak scene with the exception of the Dodgers, and the only reason they have a great record is because of all the games with the weaker west coast teams. The AL isn't much better, I don't think Texas has the staying power and we'll see them fade in the heat of the summer.

It's sad to see what is happening to some of these smaller market teams (SD, PIT) I feel bad for the fans, the teams are literally getting sold out from under them.

How bad are the Nats? God, that team needs help. A new stadium and they are pulling like 10k fans on a Friday night game. I don't know if bringing the team to DC was the right choice.

Oh, and while I'm at it-- I'm sick of this,"one name at a time steroid" business. Yeah, no shit Sosa was using, but either release all the names now or burn those papers. Put this shit to bed for once. Testing is working (as evidenced by Man Ram's vacation) let's just move on.
as far as the steroid scandal thing........i can only say one thing.....

my favorite player of all time Ken Griffey Jr. has never taken steroids. He is and was just pure raw talent and had a love for the game that was hard to come by and still is.
zjbell
6/17/2009 6:44pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:28am
I'd have to agree with you.

KGJ is my favorite living player, did you see the interview with Ichiro Suzuki abour Griffey? The guy loves playing with him, said he's the best teammate he's ever had. I'll look for the interview.

YZ441
6/17/2009 6:51pm
zjbell wrote:
I'd have to agree with you. KGJ is my favorite living player, did you see the interview with Ichiro Suzuki abour Griffey? The guy loves playing...
I'd have to agree with you.

KGJ is my favorite living player, did you see the interview with Ichiro Suzuki abour Griffey? The guy loves playing with him, said he's the best teammate he's ever had. I'll look for the interview.

yeah forgot to add living.

but alot of his prior teammates he has had say the exact same thing. they say he is a blast to have around the clubhouse and that he inspiries you to accel and improve yourself without even trying.

i remember when i was little, i had his kleats, shoes and outfielders glove. i still have his original number 24 Mariners jersey, the 30 Reds jersey and the 3 Reds jersey. Trying to get my hands on his White Sox one and his new M's jersey.
Larry
6/17/2009 6:59pm
60 games in and the Braves have their best pitching staff in years and we have zero offence.
Very frustrating but for some reason I am paying more attention to them than I have in a while.

The Shop

zjbell
6/17/2009 7:04pm
I found it interesting because Ichiro is known as a hardass who keeps to himself. Tthe same article said the a "big part" of signing him this year was about his clubhouse presence, not so much the on field performance. I think it was a great deal all around, I went to Seattle for the home opener.. defiantly one of my all time favorite baseball memories.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlesports/archives/171366.asp
zjbell
6/17/2009 7:06pm
Larry wrote:
60 games in and the Braves have their best pitching staff in years and we have zero offence. Very frustrating but for some reason I am...
60 games in and the Braves have their best pitching staff in years and we have zero offence.
Very frustrating but for some reason I am paying more attention to them than I have in a while.
Did you see all the BS about how they dicked over Glavine?
YZ441
6/17/2009 7:10pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2009 7:12pm
zjbell wrote:
I found it interesting because Ichiro is known as a hardass who keeps to himself. Tthe same article said the a "big part" of signing him...
I found it interesting because Ichiro is known as a hardass who keeps to himself. Tthe same article said the a "big part" of signing him this year was about his clubhouse presence, not so much the on field performance. I think it was a great deal all around, I went to Seattle for the home opener.. defiantly one of my all time favorite baseball memories.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlesports/archives/171366.asp
yeah i remember that was the idea when the M's were originally planning on bringing him back, but i bet if they gave him some more playing time an at bats he would be doing alot better. also he has never been one to be a selfish type of player. he has very much been a team player his whole career and very humble about it.
Larry
6/17/2009 7:13pm
Larry wrote:
60 games in and the Braves have their best pitching staff in years and we have zero offence. Very frustrating but for some reason I am...
zjbell wrote:
Did you see all the BS about how they dicked over Glavine?
yep. The bad part was that I watched 3 of his AAA games and I would be hard pressed to say he was ready to pitch for the Braves. And understand Tom Glavine is my favorite Brave of all time. That dude brought a world series here.
But they handled it badly thats for sure. They should have paid him his $1,000,000.00 bonus for making the team and traded him with a clause that he would come back for 1 day and start a game for Atlanta so we could honor him with a proper farewell.
That guy is pure class in my book.
DSteg222
6/17/2009 9:03pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:28am
102 remaining and so many teams are still trying to hit a stride.

So... any guesses on NLCS and ALCS 2 teams???

Dodgers vs Phil

Red Sox vs LAA

Void Main
6/17/2009 9:14pm
Yeah man, it seems like this bitch just started and bang! we're almost half way there. Looks like Milwaukee might give the Cards fits all year. Albert has single handedly won many games for us already this year.

Post a reply to: MLB 60 Games in...

The Latest