Lost my Dad.....

G-man
4/16/2021 11:10pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2021 1:40am
Just want to say THANKS to all you guys for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. 👍

It must be working because Jan is doing much better! Smile
a22
4/17/2021 10:09am
Thats great G-Man to hear things are hopefully on the up... blimey, 'when it rains it pours...', to coin a phrase.

I always remembered your story of your great cat Smokey and how she used to like sleeping right by you- my new Smokey does it also (named after my Original cat called Smokey- 30 years deceased). Sleeps right on my face, puts its head all on my face and goes to sleep . Very cute.

Here are a couple of pics of my Smokey, having some fun- thing likes to jump and climb- pic of it climbing up door- sort of hangs by its arms off the coat hook- abit like a bat- just hangs there by its arms- sometimes for like 10 minutes -- hangs there all still! Its funny.

G-man
4/17/2021 11:12am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2021 1:47pm
"I always remembered your story of your great cat Smokey and how she used to like sleeping right by you- my new Smokey does it also (named after my Original cat called Smokey- 30 years deceased). Sleeps right on my face, puts its head all on my face and goes to sleep . Very cute."

Haha great pictures! Woohoo

Yep Smokey would PURR loudly every night right by my head.
With my bad Tinnitus it would help me go to sleep..... I really miss that and was worried going forward with all that's going on..
I have since got a sound machine to help.

Not too long ago I had three cats and two dogs. Now I just have two dogs for now....

Thanks buddy Cool

The Shop

FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
4/17/2021 2:11pm
Oh man I'm so sorry Gary. I just now saw this and it really busted me up. I just mowed my road frontage and ditch of my property for the first time and it took a good while on my little rider. All I could think of was my dad and then I came in and saw this and feel really bad for you and yours with all you have been through. Thanks for sharing as I appreciate reading the history or Rollercoaster of life.
My parents just came to my property and surprised us with a huge meal and seeing the place for the first time and we had a great time. My dad doesn't look well and I am concerned. He is a big guy 6.5 all shoulders and infectious humor. His back and knees are done and the age has set in. I have never heard a bad thing said about him. Has friends across the globe that come to see big Dave from every direction. Its crazy how everyone knows and loves him. Every restaurant every one comes to say hi. He never had a penny but worked 50 hours a week since 18. Stayed broke helping others. He couldn't afford moto but helped me with all he could. He could spend every day on the ocean he loves. He can hardly get out of a chair but he does because he refuses to stop.
I could never be where I am without my fathers help with life. He can fix anything and will and has the gift of good conversation. Just a rare book of knowledge that could host Jeopardy. He always says he is proud of me. I tell him I agree with the rest, he is the best man we ever met. Our time is short.
Keeping you in our thoughts.
neverwas
Fantasy
740th
4/17/2021 2:43pm
Condolences to you and your family.
G-man
4/17/2021 10:37pm
FLmxer wrote:
Oh man I'm so sorry Gary. I just now saw this and it really busted me up. I just mowed my road frontage and ditch of...
Oh man I'm so sorry Gary. I just now saw this and it really busted me up. I just mowed my road frontage and ditch of my property for the first time and it took a good while on my little rider. All I could think of was my dad and then I came in and saw this and feel really bad for you and yours with all you have been through. Thanks for sharing as I appreciate reading the history or Rollercoaster of life.
My parents just came to my property and surprised us with a huge meal and seeing the place for the first time and we had a great time. My dad doesn't look well and I am concerned. He is a big guy 6.5 all shoulders and infectious humor. His back and knees are done and the age has set in. I have never heard a bad thing said about him. Has friends across the globe that come to see big Dave from every direction. Its crazy how everyone knows and loves him. Every restaurant every one comes to say hi. He never had a penny but worked 50 hours a week since 18. Stayed broke helping others. He couldn't afford moto but helped me with all he could. He could spend every day on the ocean he loves. He can hardly get out of a chair but he does because he refuses to stop.
I could never be where I am without my fathers help with life. He can fix anything and will and has the gift of good conversation. Just a rare book of knowledge that could host Jeopardy. He always says he is proud of me. I tell him I agree with the rest, he is the best man we ever met. Our time is short.
Keeping you in our thoughts.
Wow you're Dad sounds really cool and was able to teach you a lot of good skills that are priceless. 👍

Thanks Smile
motoman617
4/17/2021 10:49pm
My condolences to you and your family. Love your Thanksgiving photos and your Dad’s big smile. Great memories to have. I lost my Dad in 1985 and I still miss him. Some days I just see things and think I wish Dad was here to see that or sometimes to just ask his advice on something.
APLMAN99
4/20/2021 5:13am
Gary, please accept my heartfelt condolences for you and your family. I can imagine the emotional roller coaster that you’ve been on with this and Jan’s health as well. I hope that this next section of trail for you is “feet up” for a very long time.

Be well. Grieve in any way and for as long as you need to. Enjoy the great news about Jan. Think of the good things about your father often.

Post a reply to: Lost my Dad.....

The Latest