Lost My Best Friend

Related:
Create New Tag

8/29/2021 4:17 AM

My girl Irie had to be put down Friday. She was almost 12. Saw me through my worst times including Covid. My life will never be the same. I have even lost my desire to ride. I thought I knew what pain was and Ive had/seen enough of it through my 63 years but nothing like I feel now. I truly feel alone. Godspeed my girl. Photo

|

"A rule is a rule and without rules, there is Chaos"....Cosmo Kramer

8/29/2021 4:49 AM

Very sorry to hear. One of the worse days is taking a pal to put them down. You will always have their good memories though.

|

8/29/2021 4:51 AM

Sorry man. That is never easy. It will get better with time. Hang in there.

|

8/29/2021 5:00 AM

Sorry to hear, been through it myself a couple of times and share your pain.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

8/29/2021 6:50 AM

Been there. Sorry for your loss. Think about the good times you had together

|

Go Dungey!

8/29/2021 8:11 AM

Vet57 wrote:

My girl Irie had to be put down Friday. She was almost 12. Saw me through my worst times including Covid. My life will never ...more

I feel your pain my friend. I don’t know why but it seems the older I get the harder it is when we lose our best friends. I’m 61 now and had to put my Newman down several months ago. I think it may have to do with having the memories all over my phone….hundreds of pics and videos that make me so sad to see. I just picked up a new puppy about 4 months after losing Newman and I must say it helps so much. I got the same breed of dog and it’s like watching Newman grow up again.

Hang in there, it takes a long time but the pain will ease as each day passes. Don’t be afraid to talk about your friend and let the tears flow, I found that to be therapeutic. My thoughts and prayers are with you….what a beautiful dog you had to say goodbye to. Take care

|

8/29/2021 9:54 AM

I am sorry for the loss of your family member. She most certainly loved you and your family, and was a faithful companion to the end. I had to put my dog down a few. months ago, and I still think about him everyday. Take care.

|

8/29/2021 10:39 AM

The only bad part about dogs is they aren’t around long enough. We lost our German shepherd about a year ago. It does get easier and you only remember the good. Wishing you the best

|

8/29/2021 2:38 PM

Hang in there bro, I fell your pain. When I lost my Service Dog I nearly lost my will to live, it was a scary time. Things will get better, try and remember the good life your gave to her, and take it one day at a time. I wish there were some magic words to take your pain away, just hang in there buddy, do it for her.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

8/29/2021 4:53 PM

Sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was a good one

|

8/29/2021 5:26 PM

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

This poem always brings me to tears. So sorry for your loss

|

8/29/2021 9:04 PM

Sorry for your loss. Definately one the hardest times in our life and just doesn't seem fair that we are not together longer.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

8/29/2021 10:15 PM

Oh man, so sorry to hear this has to be one of the hardest things to do in life.

I'm 63 as well and can relate but like others have said it will get better with time and when you're ready a Puppy will make you smile again.

|

8/30/2021 7:02 AM

Coming up on a year, since my 16 year old lab passed. My kids are grown and gone since ‘08, been divorced for 29 years. My dog was a big part of my life, I miss her dearly. I’d get another one, but I’m gone so much, it just isn’t fair. Going to retire here shortly and I’ll get 2, so they will grow up together. Time heals…. But it’s still easy to get choked up when I start thinking of her.

|

8/30/2021 12:13 PM

Sorry to hear about this.

|

2015 YZ250F - 2003 CR125R

8/30/2021 6:59 PM

I understand what you feel. I'm so sorry this has happened. While you miss her, I know you became a better person with her in your life the past 12 years. You know she would not want you to be devastated, she was your best friend. She would want you to be happy as you were with her in your life. When the time is right for you, I hope you get another dog. My Buddy had passed. Within 3 days I got Jaxx to help heal my heart

|

8/31/2021 7:42 AM

RIP Irie. Loosing a best friend is tough. The life you gave her was a blessing for both of you. It gets easier with time and the memories are priceless. Hang in there.

|

9/1/2021 3:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2021 3:58 AM

Thank you all for your kind words and support. She certainly did make me a better person. I learned a lot from her.

|

"A rule is a rule and without rules, there is Chaos"....Cosmo Kramer

9/2/2021 6:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/2/2021 7:56 PM

Vet57 wrote:

Thank you all for your kind words and support. She certainly did make me a better person. I learned a lot from her.

So sad and hope you are coping as well as can be expected given the loss and the companionship of your most dear dog and friend.

My Mom rescues abused dogs from Spain- she cares for them like crazy and spends all her money on them. She has alot of them- when they get sick and have to be put down- don't know how she copes with it. I guess she is very used to it. It makes me so sad when they die but somehow she copes with it.

Maybe when the time is right and you regroup you can get another and offer it a lovely life as your dog had?

I'm sure Irie is still close and still with you! Lovely name.

Its so sad when they die and the effect it has or can have. I lost my Burmese cat like 35 years ago- may sound crazy but think of him still.... Road accident- he was aged 3....it wrecked me...

-> ... 34 years later got these two... glad I did! Never can replace the loss but they remind me so much of the Burmese Cat I lost and named one of them after him- the big blonde one. Pair of nutters- 2 brothers.
Photo
Photo

Don't want to detract from your loss and thread subject, with my 'promo pics' of my cats, up against the loss of your dear Dog... but they helped me deal with my loss, albeit 34 years later.

Take care and sure Irie is still with you. God bless you both.

|

Always was an excellent rider ...... at crashing usually

Moto Aspes, you know you want one

9/2/2021 6:55 PM

I’m sorry to hear about the passing of your dog. They really become great companions.

|