Lord Stanley (NHL Playoffs)

4/4/2018 9:11am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2018 8:06am
Alright fellas, it's that time of the year! Aside from any and all things moto, NHL playoffs are the most intense and fun sport to watch in my opinion.

It's been a long 18 years and I would love to have the parade come down High street this year.

To the hockey god himself, please let this be the year! Or for that matter can we finally make it out of the first round?

Vegas could very well pull it all together in their very first season!

Who do you guys have?
|
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
4/4/2018 9:13am
Part of me wants the Lightning to woopass but I wouldn't be surprised if they fuck it up at some point. Vegas winning would be bonkers!
4/4/2018 9:19am
Matthes would go ape shit. A lot of good potential match ups in the first round.
TDeath21
4/4/2018 9:39am
Golden Knights winning it would be insane.

The Shop

Wildeye511
4/4/2018 11:13am
GO KNIGHTS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lestat
4/4/2018 11:19am
Predators will win the cup .
sende
Fantasy
4320th
4/4/2018 11:20am
I'm gonna root for my fellow Finn Patrik Laine, so I hope that Jets wins the cup. But I think it's gonna be Predators this year though. But There's two goalies from Finland there so that's fine by me too.
Donovan759
4/4/2018 11:24am
Lets go Pens! 3 in a row here it comes......
Pens v. Knights final! LETS GO PENS!
4/4/2018 11:47am
Donovan759 wrote:
If the pens would lose I will root for the Vegas knights. loved the flower when he was in net for the pens. I still feel they should of kept him but that's for another thread.
4/4/2018 11:51am
Donovan759 wrote:
If the pens would lose I will root for the Vegas knights. loved the flower when he was in net for the pens. I still feel...
If the pens would lose I will root for the Vegas knights. loved the flower when he was in net for the pens. I still feel they should of kept him but that's for another thread.
Nope we can do that right here. He turns into Swiss cheese in the playoffs!
bh84
Fantasy
1853rd
4/4/2018 11:54am
I just want to see my Leafs get past the first round, they can do it, but they'll have to play complete games, something they haven't been great at this season
4/4/2018 11:58am
Donovan759 wrote:
If the pens would lose I will root for the Vegas knights. loved the flower when he was in net for the pens. I still feel...
Nope we can do that right here. He turns into Swiss cheese in the playoffs!
Swiss cheese from the guy in Columbus with Sergei Bobrovsky.....Grinning

Just worried Murray usually gets hurt getting out of bed in the morning and unlike last year fluery wont be here to pick up the pieces.....
4/4/2018 12:08pm
Swiss cheese from the guy in Columbus with Sergei Bobrovsky.....:lol: Just worried Murray usually gets hurt getting out of bed in the morning and unlike last...

Just worried Murray usually gets hurt getting out of bed in the morning and unlike last year fluery wont be here to pick up the pieces.....
Murray was lights out last year against us coming off injury.

As for Bob's...too much vodka in the water bottle Woohoo
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
4/4/2018 12:20pm
bh84 wrote:
I just want to see my Leafs get past the first round, they can do it, but they'll have to play complete games, something they haven't...
I just want to see my Leafs get past the first round, they can do it, but they'll have to play complete games, something they haven't been great at this season
Leafs are a wildcard for me, I could see them going out 1st round or going deep into a cup run.
Donovan759
4/4/2018 12:59pm
Swiss cheese from the guy in Columbus with Sergei Bobrovsky.....:lol: Just worried Murray usually gets hurt getting out of bed in the morning and unlike last...

Murray was lights out last year against us coming off injury.

As for Bob's...too much vodka in the water bottle Woohoo
Murray was definitely lights out, but Fleury was not swiss cheese last year. In the past, he had serious mental issues. No one can deny that. But last year, He was an animal. Murray was their starting goaltender at that point and that is why he replaced Fleury.

Another thing worth mentioning about Fleury is that he coached and mentored Murray knowing he was being shipped to LA in a few years if Murray continued to show promise. Most goaltenders in his position would have sabotaged Murray's career. He did everything he could to make him a better goalie.

Say what you want about Fleury in the playoffs, I cant blame you, but he's a stand up dude and an excellent goaltender.

bh84
Fantasy
1853rd
4/4/2018 1:35pm
seth505 wrote:
Leafs are a wildcard for me, I could see them going out 1st round or going deep into a cup run.
If Freddie plays like he has all season we have a fighting chance. Marner, Matthews and Nylander will have to keep their pace up, and the vets, Marleau, Martin, Komarov, have to play up to their contracts.

As far as defense goes, we just pray...
Prntscrn
4/4/2018 1:45pm
Nylander, Matthews and Marner are fun. Wouldn't mind seeing Leafs win it, but I doubt it.
4/4/2018 2:21pm
No doubt Donovan he is good. As a jackets fan I dont have a whole lot of room to talk.
he has done a fine job but I take a jab anywhere I can against the Pens (you can thank Cindy for that).

As far as the leafs go, I feel it may be a long shot but if they pulled it all together at the right time things could look very well for them. Jackets are the same way, gotta keep it together and finish games. I hope they both move past round one.
4/4/2018 6:49pm
All of you are failing to mention the bruins, thats my pick. Berg, the rat and pasta on the top line are deadly. the fourth line of shaler, kuraly and who ever they slot in there, wingles or gionta, will wear down the other teams matchup. Big Z is in top form with Mcavoy (should be in for the calder) now that he's healthy. Carlo was a big loss last week.
Donovan759
4/5/2018 7:09am
No doubt Donovan he is good. As a jackets fan I dont have a whole lot of room to talk. he has done a fine job...
No doubt Donovan he is good. As a jackets fan I dont have a whole lot of room to talk.
he has done a fine job but I take a jab anywhere I can against the Pens (you can thank Cindy for that).

As far as the leafs go, I feel it may be a long shot but if they pulled it all together at the right time things could look very well for them. Jackets are the same way, gotta keep it together and finish games. I hope they both move past round one.
IMO, the jackets are a team that can sneak up and surprise everyone and win it all. There's a lot of talent on that team. Everybody just needs to step up when it counts. I just hope that doesn't happen this year. WoohooLaughing
4/5/2018 7:18am
No doubt Donovan he is good. As a jackets fan I dont have a whole lot of room to talk. he has done a fine job...

Donovan759 wrote:
IMO, the jackets are a team that can sneak up and surprise everyone and win it all. There's a lot of talent on that team. Everybody...
IMO, the jackets are a team that can sneak up and surprise everyone and win it all. There's a lot of talent on that team. Everybody just needs to step up when it counts. I just hope that doesn't happen this year. WoohooLaughing
Pretty sure the pens play the jackets tonight, should be a good test for both teams.....
Foghorn
4/5/2018 7:19am
I'm from Calgary. The flames are out of the playoffs. It's kind of a dumb game anyway!
bh84
Fantasy
1853rd
4/6/2018 5:14am
Foghorn wrote:
I'm from Calgary. The flames are out of the playoffs. It's kind of a dumb game anyway!
Not a good time for Hockey in AB right now.
Foghorn
4/6/2018 5:41am
Foghorn wrote:
bh84 wrote:
Not a good time for Hockey in AB right now.
Ha! Yeah, although it saved me a ton of money on the playoffs with my season tickets. Just wait till next year!
Drtbykr
4/6/2018 9:14am Edited Date/Time 4/6/2018 9:44am
I love the Leafs but they play too light for the playoffs. i’d be surprised if they win a round. (very stressful!).
You almost need two teams unless u have a two headed monster, my fav. Malkin plus Crosby.
And they play quite heavy.

That is why you see so many first round upsets, team like the Ducks, big and strong might barely get in and then they go on a run.

Winterpeg would be very disappointed if they didn’t go real deep, and their fans will be NUTS!

So hard to predict, who would predict the Hawks would suck so bad?

The team that comes out of the West is usually beat to a pulp.....I’ll say Leafs..ha, ha. It would be the best party in Canada, ever!
Mx746
4/6/2018 9:50am

My kiddo at local rink. Plenty of Pens optimism going (even in Georgia)
4/6/2018 10:21am
Pretty sure the pens play the jackets tonight, should be a good test for both teams.....
Felt like a playoff game! Those guys were out for blood last night. I cannot wait!
4/6/2018 4:56pm
How about the hawks pulling the rug out from under the blues the other night!!! rematch tonight! Blues and Avs both are must win.
Drtbykr
4/6/2018 5:15pm Edited Date/Time 4/6/2018 5:16pm
Our Fredericton goalie had a rough night in St. Lou.

The Pens/Sen’s game is a penalty fest.

I’m a Leaf fan, but I love watching the Pens, except Letang...he scares me.
When you have a huge contract you can gamble I guess.

Certainly isn’t a goalie era, Anderson is, in hockey terms, older than dirt...but good.

4/6/2018 5:41pm
How about the hawks pulling the rug out from under the blues the other night!!! rematch tonight! Blues and Avs both are must win.
that was a great game. I root for the blues over the hawks anytime but that hawks win guaranteed a playoff spot for the kings. maybe the only time ive ever wanted to see the black hawks win. haha.

Post a reply to: Lord Stanley (NHL Playoffs)

The Latest