Looking to Move

Related:
Create New Tag

9/14/2020 1:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2020 1:47 PM

Major Life changes!
I'm looking To Move to a new place, (myself my wife, 6yr old daughter and twin 3yr old daughters)
Preferably somewhere warmer currently live in Minnesota and want to leave before winter so in the next month And I'm also looking for a career change.. my Current experience is sales & Marketing, but I'm open to something different and I would love to do something in the motorcycle industry.
Has anyone done something similar? Any suggestions on where to go? Ive considered California, Texas, Florida, and Wife has family in South Carolina. My wife wants to leave before winter so bad she says she is going with or without me!
Anyone got any suggestions or know of any Career opportunities? Photo

|

9/14/2020 2:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2020 4:32 PM

I got a shovel and a jackhammer with your name on it in Seattle.

|

9/14/2020 2:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2020 2:14 PM

I got a B-1 stupid stick (broom) in so cal with your name on it.

|

9/14/2020 2:14 PM

Photo
|

9/14/2020 2:17 PM

I almost did the csx thing...jobs all over the usa..

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

9/14/2020 2:18 PM

Queensland Australia is warm all year and COVID free.... we’ll find a job for you.

|

9/14/2020 2:45 PM

North Texas is in a boom right now. Look at the Frisco, Plano, McKinney, areas.

|

9/14/2020 3:04 PM

TXDirt wrote:

¡Tejas está lleno, no hay vacantes !

|

"We don't rent pigs."

9/14/2020 3:11 PM

TXDirt wrote:

JAFO92 wrote:

Haha. Comin out Oct. 1. Heard you guys need more Californians...

|

9/14/2020 3:20 PM

dsmith wrote:

I almost did the csx thing...jobs all over the usa..

Csx railroad?

Railroading is not for family men.

I just quit after 6 years of railroad signaling.
I had all the money in the world and no time.
I missed birthdays/holidays and events of every kind.
On call 24/7 365. If your single it’s fantastic you will be set. If you don’t care about your family it’s fantastic. If you care about your family and you want to stay married don’t join the railroad.

To answer the op’s question.
Colorado or New Mexico or northern Arizona or Utah are my votes.

|

9/14/2020 3:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2020 3:41 PM

I would say move to the Pacific Northwest. It does not get too cold in the winter. We don't have hurricanes. Tornadoes are very rare. We really don't get as much rain in the winter as people claim, that's just a notion that's been propagated to keep the Californians from moving up here. But we do now seem to have a lot of wild fires lately.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

9/14/2020 3:30 PM

TXDirt wrote:

JAFO92 wrote:

Dirtydeeds wrote:

We need more Californians like we need a hole in our head!!!

|

9/14/2020 4:05 PM

JAFO92 wrote:

Dirtydeeds wrote:

TXDirt wrote:

We need more Californians like we need a hole in our head!!!

Turnin Texas blue one Californian at a time! Hahahaha i kid i kid

|

9/14/2020 5:45 PM

TN blows head for SC where her family is at. I’m just messing around. TN is already a melting pot of people

|

9/14/2020 6:01 PM

Chance1216 wrote:

Might hit you up in about 2 years when I have my 20 yrs...I’m so over my current profession it’s ridiculous...right now a jackhammer doesn’t look half bad, lol...

|

9/14/2020 6:04 PM

Reese95w wrote:

I would say move to the Pacific Northwest. It does not get too cold in the winter. We don't have hurricanes. Tornadoes are very rare. We really don't get as much rain in the winter as people claim, that's just a notion that's been propagated to keep the Californians from moving up here. But we do now seem to have a lot of wild fires lately.

Your definition of “as much rain” must be different than mine...born and raised in the PNW, it’s a soggy gray mess 4 months of the year...maybe I’m just jaded because I despise it and can’t leave....

|

9/14/2020 6:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2020 6:14 PM

Chance1216 wrote:

omalley wrote:

Might hit you up in about 2 years when I have my 20 yrs...I’m so over my current profession it’s ridiculous...right now a jackhammer doesn’t look half bad, lol...

The 60# hammer is what was kicking my ass lol.
Spent eight hours the other day breaking up soil that was like concrete. Digging isn't bad. Its when the hammer gets stuck and you gotta pull it out. That'll wreck the day. PM me anytime

|

9/14/2020 6:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2020 6:21 PM

Reese95w wrote:

omalley wrote:

Your definition of “as much rain” must be different than mine...born and raised in the PNW, it’s a soggy gray mess 4 months of the year...maybe I’m just jaded because I despise it and can’t leave....

The first year I moved to the PNW, it rained 156 days straight. I was like, FN SERIOUSLY!?!? Some years are better then others. Much like you, I'm stuck here. For my job and kids, I continue to embrace the suck.

|

9/14/2020 6:25 PM

Reese95w wrote:

omalley wrote:

Chance1216 wrote:

The first year I moved to the PNW, it rained 156 days straight. I was like, FN SERIOUSLY!?!? Some years are better then others. Much like you, I'm stuck here. For my job and kids, I continue to embrace the suck.

Same here. As much as I’d like to leave, I refuse to be a dad that sees his kids a couple weeks in the summer and a weekend or two the rest of the year. I’m just putting my head down about 9 more years, then whenever the house market heats up, the girlfriend and I are cashing out and WA will be in the rear-view.

|

9/14/2020 6:53 PM

Thanks for all the Ideas, I've never used a jackhammer but im sure I could figure it out. Judging by all the activity I see on vital and The Washougal national It seems like there is a healthy moto scene in the PNW

|

9/14/2020 6:57 PM

Reese95w wrote:

omalley wrote:

Chance1216 wrote:

grin

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/14/2020 7:03 PM

omalley wrote:

Chance1216 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote: grin

That about sums up me writing home. I remember asking one of the older guys on the job site, when does this shit stop? He told me around June. blink It was February.

|

9/14/2020 7:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2020 7:13 PM

TXDirt wrote:

JAFO92 wrote:

Dirtydeeds wrote:

So, if your from Washington but live in Cali and consider yourself a Californian and me being from Cali and now living in Washington, does that make me a Washitonian? Or, are we both Californians.
I'm so confused. 😉

|

9/14/2020 7:23 PM

JAFO92 wrote:

Dirtydeeds wrote:

Chance1216 wrote:

So, if your from Washington but live in Cali and consider yourself a Californian and me being from Cali and now living in Washington, does that make me a Washitonian? Or, are we both Californians.
I'm so confused. 😉

I was born and raised here in Ca. I’ve lived all over the map but always end up here. And always ready to get out of here...

|

9/14/2020 7:26 PM

Dirtydeeds wrote:

Chance1216 wrote:

I'm so confused. 😉

Dirtydeeds wrote:

I was born and raised here in Ca. I’ve lived all over the map but always end up here. And always ready to get out of here...

Still confused lol. 😁

|

9/14/2020 7:47 PM

Chance1216 wrote:

That about sums up me writing home. I remember asking one of the older guys on the job site, when does this shit stop? He told me around June. blink It was February.

That's depressing just thinking about it.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/14/2020 7:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2020 7:58 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote: grin

Chance1216 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

That's depressing just thinking about it.

Yep. I hated it. Coming from California, I had no clue about rain gear either. Carharts? Wtf are those? Lol.
Cold, wet and, miserable. It isn't for everyone here. It isn't even for me after 22 years in the PNW. Very tough to leave everything you've worked for when it's been so hard to build.

|

9/14/2020 8:03 PM

I did something kinda like that 6 years ago. I moved from Ohio to San Antonio. I got to ride year round as a bonus. A few weeks ago I moved to the woodlands which is north of Houston. I like it a lot better than San Antonio.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

9/14/2020 8:21 PM

There are a myriad of reasons so many Californians want to become ex-Californians. Think about that before moving to the PRC.

I just took at job at UPS; they are hiring all over the country. Very solid company, benefits, 401K, etc.

|

9/14/2020 8:30 PM

Reese95w wrote:

omalley wrote:

Chance1216 wrote:

I first moved to the Seattle area (Bellevue) in the late 80s/early 90s. Had all kinds of family over there so I thought that I had a good handle on the grey winters. Couldn’t have been farther from the truth.

Moved bask to the DRY SIDE of Washington for about 24 years, and work asked me to move over to the Seattle area again. Did some thinking, read up on ways to try to reduce seasonal affective disorder, etc, etc..........

Turned out that even with the knowledge of what was happening, and some tools to overcome it, seasonal affective disorder just gets some people square in the cranium. I could not wait to get back to the desert that is eastern Washington.

|