Looking for a Photographer that used to Post here.

10000hrs
His name was Tony Schavalo ( or something close to that). And the forum could have
been motodrive or even FreshDirt.

The photo spreads that really impressed me were both slighlty surreal, false colored with neon/day glo enchancement of:

1. Sports cars in Yosemite
2. Cars at hot rod night at a Drive In

If any body remembers the correct name or can provide a link either to his website or the actual pix, it would be appreciated.

|
rubarb
11/1/2018 4:27pm
Don't reckon, but Jeffro is pretty much an expert on everything, he may be able to assist with your photography needs
ns503
11/1/2018 6:17pm
Toes.

Strobegate.

The Shop

10000hrs
11/1/2018 6:40pm
plowboy wrote:
Man, that was a trip. Seems like a lifetime ago. Miss old Teefus.
Sounds like a story ... care to share?
plowboy
11/1/2018 6:47pm
TFS was a legend. A real life rocket scientist with an ego as big as Dallas. There are others that can link stuff better than me. Strobe gate and seat bounce debunk are just 2 of his epic threads.
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2410th
11/2/2018 5:47am
The gist of it is that Tony wanted to use strobe lights mounted up high linked to his camera so he could get really well lit shots.....and it worked pretty good. . . .but tfs was pissed because the brightness from the strobes washed out the color in his pics....

That's what I remember and it was on motonews board. . .
Maybe others have more detail
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2410th
11/2/2018 5:48am Edited Date/Time 11/2/2018 6:05am
The strobes got prohibited
newmann
11/2/2018 6:32am
The gist of it is that Tony wanted to use strobe lights mounted up high linked to his camera so he could get really well lit...
The gist of it is that Tony wanted to use strobe lights mounted up high linked to his camera so he could get really well lit shots.....and it worked pretty good. . . .but tfs was pissed because the brightness from the strobes washed out the color in his pics....

Or was TFS pissed because he couldn't climb in the rafters and hang his own strobes?Laughing

He sure was a tough personality on the boards but was always cool in person. I remember him commenting on how the people at the Houston SX were nicer than any other SX event around the country. I still have some Teefus decals.
newmann
11/2/2018 7:21am
The strobes got prohibited
He was a mod on Motonews at the time and had the board rigged to change the word "strobe" to another word anytime anyone made a post regarding it. Laughing

Funny stuff looking back on it considering how he used to call DC the octopus.
500guy
11/2/2018 7:34am
Tony is living in Ohio and I think He is a welder now.

also doing some art projects with his welding stuff.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
11/2/2018 11:51am
The gist of it is that Tony wanted to use strobe lights mounted up high linked to his camera so he could get really well lit...

I think it was more that it gave Tony something that Steve couldn't reproduce. I told TFS once that I thought it was a bit of a game-changer. His response was, "Not if I can help it."

I think Tony spent a year shooting the BooKoo Arenacross with that setup. For the small stadiums it was pretty amazing.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
11/2/2018 11:53am

newmann wrote:
Or was TFS pissed because he couldn't climb in the rafters and hang his own strobes?:laugh: He sure was a tough personality on the boards but...
Or was TFS pissed because he couldn't climb in the rafters and hang his own strobes?Laughing

He sure was a tough personality on the boards but was always cool in person. I remember him commenting on how the people at the Houston SX were nicer than any other SX event around the country. I still have some Teefus decals.
Someone (maybe Steve's brother?) dropped off some TFS t-shirts and stickers at the MXoN press room this year. I grabbed a shirt and later gave it to Bauer. I still have some of the stickers.
brycepdh
11/2/2018 12:36pm
plowboy wrote:
TFS was a legend. A real life rocket scientist with an ego as big as Dallas. There are others that can link stuff better than me...
TFS was a legend. A real life rocket scientist with an ego as big as Dallas. There are others that can link stuff better than me. Strobe gate and seat bounce debunk are just 2 of his epic threads.
Any chance you can find those threads? I’m interested in reading them. I tried the search function but couldn’t find, unless I’m blind...
plowboy
11/2/2018 5:36pm
Just plug TFS or Teefus or Steve Bruhn into the search bar. There's loads of stuff. He used to post on Mototalk as did many of us. I couldn't see the point of paying to get kicked in the nuts every time I posted there. It could get rough...but so was this place...but I didn't have to PAY for the abuse hereSilly
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2410th
11/2/2018 6:13pm
plowboy wrote:
Just plug TFS or Teefus or Steve Bruhn into the search bar. There's loads of stuff. He used to post on Mototalk as did many of...
Just plug TFS or Teefus or Steve Bruhn into the search bar. There's loads of stuff. He used to post on Mototalk as did many of us. I couldn't see the point of paying to get kicked in the nuts every time I posted there. It could get rough...but so was this place...but I didn't have to PAY for the abuse hereSilly
It was like 35 bucks a year or something like that, and Tfs was a very good contributor.... there was just SO MUCH that went on there... it was nutz

Post a reply to: Looking for a Photographer that used to Post here.

The Latest