Local road obstacles from yesterday.......

Related:
Create New Tag

10/25/2017 7:27 AM

Photo

|

10/25/2017 7:57 AM

Not your vehicle is it? Kamakazi sheep from above has to suck. Just got a few coyote, deer and cow hits in the shop this week.

|

10/25/2017 9:02 AM

Almost tagged one a couple of months ago, jumped up over the Jersey Barrier onto the road, from the ledge below. Landed on the road in front of me, facing away from me. All he heard was my brakes locking up under 70 ton, and tires squawking. Turns around, gives me the "Fuck is YOUR problem, I LIVE here!" look, and bounces up a sheer rock face. The 4 cars tailgating the living shit out of me, decided a discreet following distance was a great idea. As in about a mile. Lol

Done nothing but dodge deer at night the last couple of weeks, mostly bucks. Fuckers are looking for pussy, and apparently can't distinguish between a sexy bitch, and a God damn Peterbilt and trailers at 82' long. In my drunkest early 20's, I never had that issue.

|

10/25/2017 9:33 AM

scooter5002 wrote:

Almost tagged one a couple of months ago, jumped up over the Jersey Barrier onto the road, from the ledge below. Landed on the road in front of me, facing away from me. All he heard was my brakes locking up under 70 ton, and tires squawking. Turns around, gives me the "Fuck is YOUR problem, I LIVE here!" look, and bounces up a sheer rock face. The 4 cars tailgating the living shit out of me, decided a discreet following distance was a great idea. As in about a mile. Lol

Done nothing but dodge deer at night the last couple of weeks, mostly bucks. Fuckers are looking for pussy, and apparently can't distinguish between a sexy bitch, and a God damn Peterbilt and trailers at 82' long. In my drunkest early 20's, I never had that issue.

Closest I ever came to hitting a big horn sheep was in the Gallatin Canyon (Hwy 191). Similar he hopped the barricade and put his head down to lick the icy/salty surface. All I could do miss his head by a few inches on that icy stretch. He looked at me with that da-fuck? look as I cleared his head. The tail gating sumbitch behind me laid way back after that one though...lol

|

10/25/2017 12:23 PM

newmann wrote:

Not your vehicle is it? Kamakazi sheep from above has to suck. Just got a few coyote, deer and cow hits in the shop this week.

Coyote + traffic cone. blink

|

"We don't rent pigs."

10/25/2017 12:37 PM

Newmann's freed!

Photo

|

10/25/2017 12:44 PM

Looks dry there, Apple - in the picture in your original post. Is that the case, or has it been cold enough to kill off the vegetation?

|

10/25/2017 3:47 PM

Harry Backmon wrote:

Looks dry there, Apple - in the picture in your original post. Is that the case, or has it been cold enough to kill off the vegetation?

Well, we do live in a desert! Wenatchee gets less average annual rainfall than Tempe AZ does......

I haven't checked but I think we probably have had a slightly wetter than average year, but it's definitely getting on the cold side. Supposed to be just above freezing tonight, and dip below 32 early next week. We've had a couple of snows on the hills surrounding us so far.

|

10/28/2017 8:36 AM

Photo
Had this little incident on #3, a few miles west of Creston BC, coming off the Kootenay Pass, mid spring. Guessing over time, enough water ran into a crack behind that rock, and the freeze and thaw cycle eventually cut it loose. Wee hours of the morning, no one hurt or killed, pretty quiet stretch of road, at the best of times. Not even a witness, to possibly see a coyote skulking away, and wasn't one found underneath, either. Coming east, that's at the end of a double blind curve, not much warning to see it in the dark, realize what the HELL youre looking at, and get everything stopped.
|