Local news poll at 80% unhappy

newmann
3/23/2010 6:38am Edited Date/Time 1/20/2012 1:14am
about the health care gig. That's even up from the 66% someone posted up yesterday from MSNBC. Time will tell.
|
indy_maico
3/23/2010 6:50am
It would be interesting to hear why.
super rat
3/23/2010 6:55am
government of the people, by the people, and for the people....

Don't matter why.
Crash82
Fantasy
2187th
3/23/2010 7:01am
indy_maico wrote:
Because it was a stupid bill passed just to try to salvage our loser presidents rep and 80 percent of the American people aren't as stupid as you.
indy_maico
3/23/2010 7:12am
indy_maico wrote:
Crash82 wrote:
Because it was a stupid bill passed just to try to salvage our loser presidents rep and 80 percent of the American people aren't as stupid...
Because it was a stupid bill passed just to try to salvage our loser presidents rep and 80 percent of the American people aren't as stupid as you.
Yer so smart!

The Shop

Crash82
Fantasy
2187th
3/23/2010 7:12am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2010 7:13am
Damn straight thanks! I didn't get this GED for being dumb ya know.
indy_maico
3/23/2010 7:16am
super rat wrote:
government of the people, by the people, and for the people....

Don't matter why.
That's what we have.

We have legislators who were elected by the people who make laws. We have a president who ran with the stated goal of health care reform, and a Democratic Party in power in both houses of Congress to help him achieve those goals.

That is what kind of representative democracy we have.

The so-called patriots out there want something different. They want democracy when their side is in power, and anarchy when they aren't.

Crash82
Fantasy
2187th
3/23/2010 7:25am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2010 7:30am
Sort of like a guy who justifies everything because Bush did it. What are you to clueless to read my post? This bill was more about Obama than the American people, if 34 of your own people say it sucks, that's a clue, get one.
flarider
3/23/2010 7:54am
newmann wrote:
about the health care gig. That's even up from the 66% someone posted up yesterday from MSNBC. Time will tell.
and formal polling showed a 10% difference between yea and nay

I'll take formal polling over wildly inaccurate interweb polls any day
3/23/2010 8:11am
The Fines for not having insurance are where it goes to far. If you don't have insurance it must be because you can not afford it.
flarider
3/23/2010 8:13am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:36pm
The Fines for not having insurance are where it goes to far. If you don't have insurance it must be because you can not afford it.
and if you can't afford it, there will be programs to assist or supplement the costs to make sure you do have it.

Anyone who doesn't carry insurance in 4 years, will only be doing so by choice
radonc73
3/23/2010 8:21am
But, who pays for that program?
flarider
3/23/2010 8:34am
radonc73 wrote:
You, personally
No one else
Obama targeted you.
You alone will carry the burden

Congratulations
and thank you for your sacrifice

Void Main
3/23/2010 9:50am
indy_maico wrote:
Haven't you been here the last couple of days?
Motodave
3/23/2010 9:53am
Crash82 wrote:
Damn straight thanks! I didn't get this GED for being dumb ya know.
ROFL, POST OF THE YEAR!
Crash82
Fantasy
2187th
3/23/2010 11:00am
Who understands is a matter of opinion, 34 democrats voted no, how many were threatened and bribed into voting yes? As far as angry goes you are the one constantly bringing Bush into non political threads, the poll and this thread are about this bill and you still talk about Bush.
indy_maico
3/23/2010 11:30am
Crash82 wrote:
Who understands is a matter of opinion, 34 democrats voted no, how many were threatened and bribed into voting yes? As far as angry goes you...
Who understands is a matter of opinion, 34 democrats voted no, how many were threatened and bribed into voting yes? As far as angry goes you are the one constantly bringing Bush into non political threads, the poll and this thread are about this bill and you still talk about Bush.
I would say of the 34 who voted no, most did it because they felt threatened by the prospect of losing their political future in the next election.

Chickens or DINO's?

Who cares?
Titan1
3/23/2010 11:34am
flarider wrote:
and if you can't afford it, there will be programs to assist or supplement the costs to make sure you do have it. Anyone who doesn't...
and if you can't afford it, there will be programs to assist or supplement the costs to make sure you do have it.

Anyone who doesn't carry insurance in 4 years, will only be doing so by choice
What about a person that makes to muh to qualify for supplements, but because of where they live, or how many children they have (possibly with special needs which require special/expensive schools....I know a family in this exact boat.), or for any other reason just plain can't afford health insurance without putting it on a credit card. What will happen to them?

Will the be forced to put their health insurance on a credit card, which will eventually force them into BK....or would they be forced to drop the insurance, and perpetually pay the pentalties?

And it's 2019 Dave, that the 32 million will finally be insured.
flarider
3/23/2010 11:47am
Titan1 wrote:
What about a person that makes to muh to qualify for supplements, but because of where they live, or how many children they have (possibly with...
What about a person that makes to muh to qualify for supplements, but because of where they live, or how many children they have (possibly with special needs which require special/expensive schools....I know a family in this exact boat.), or for any other reason just plain can't afford health insurance without putting it on a credit card. What will happen to them?

Will the be forced to put their health insurance on a credit card, which will eventually force them into BK....or would they be forced to drop the insurance, and perpetually pay the pentalties?

So they're too rich to afford health insurance?

Is that your point?
Farva
3/23/2010 11:49am
Titan1 wrote:
What about a person that makes to muh to qualify for supplements, but because of where they live, or how many children they have (possibly with...

flarider wrote:

Is that your point?
You really cant figure out the point?
txmxer
3/23/2010 11:59am
read an article the other day that said a lot of what's in this reform are items that are very similar to counterproposals made by Newt and company back in '94 when Clinton attempted health care.

I thought that was interesting.

As far as unhappy about it, I'm still on the fence at this point. I'm very concerned about government getting involved. I don't like getting raped by insurance companies and drug companies. I'm not convinced this solves those problems. I also wonder about the mandate portion, I'm wondering if it will pass muster in front of the SC--kind of doubt it actually.

And then there is the other shoe. This bill isn't 100% done. What's actually going to come out of the oven may have a lot more crap in it once reconciliation is complete.
Motodave
3/23/2010 12:09pm
Hello you guys do know inside of this bill, is that their is a clause that is goin to have the govt a direct link into your bank account and withdraw money according to your doctor visits...That alone pisses me off. and i dont trust the fuckers!
indy_maico
3/23/2010 12:11pm
Motodave wrote:
Hello you guys do know inside of this bill, is that their is a clause that is goin to have the govt a direct link into...
Hello you guys do know inside of this bill, is that their is a clause that is goin to have the govt a direct link into your bank account and withdraw money according to your doctor visits...That alone pisses me off. and i dont trust the fuckers!
What page is that on?
Motodave
3/23/2010 12:17pm
indy_maico wrote:
What page is that on?
Im not exactly shure the page and section # i will try to find it
radonc73
3/23/2010 12:34pm
radonc73 wrote:
flarider wrote:
You, personally
No one else
Obama targeted you.

Congratulations

Little teste today there Flarider. I am stating that someone gets the bill and all you had to admit is that the subsities come from the taxpayers. That was all.
Titan1
3/23/2010 12:47pm
Titan1 wrote:

flarider wrote:

Is that your point?
No, they aren't too rich to afford insurance.

The father makes, over $90K/year from his job as a computer guy of some sort.

They have 6 kids. The oldest is in college, and the youngest is 10 or 12 years old.

The youngest also happens to have a mental disability (I don't know what it's called). Anyway, he isn't "well" enough to enroll in public school (not that it would do him any good), so he is enrolled in a private school of some sort. That school costs BIG BUCKS.

So between his oldest in college, his youngest in the private school, the extra-curicular activites of his other children, food, clothes, mortgage, etc....they live pay check to pay check.

And I've been in his home (and it is not an outlandish home)...His kids all share bedrooms, there is no big screen TV's, they don't even have cable, no new furniture. Their cars are paid for (and are about 10 years old). Anyway, they are living as cheaply as they possibly can.

He currently has an HSA, with catastrophic insurance plan (with a $5K deductible....which I understand will no longer be an option with the new law. Is that correct?). This is the only way he can afford insurance.

So what would someone in his shoes do, since they have to have insurance (and likely a more expensive plan), and can't really cut any more expenses than they already have, but can't afford to pay anymore for insurance than they are?

Face penalties? Put the insurance premiums on a credit card? What? They make to much to qualify for supplements, but because of some unique circumstances with one of their children, they can't afford to pay anymore for insurance than they currently are?

tcannon521
Fantasy
1301st
3/23/2010 12:54pm
What happens in less than 4 years when this program is out of money?

What happens when inflation goes through the roof from all this spending?

What happens when the fed raises rates from .25%?

What happens the stimulus money runs out?

All of these are reasons I have am against this bill.

The bill should have allowed citizens the ability to buy across state lines, and included small business tax incentives. That is all...
tcannon521
Fantasy
1301st
3/23/2010 12:56pm
Wow, I actually agree with you on that........
Frogman
3/23/2010 12:58pm
newmann wrote:
Me too.

But we should say the the thing to people getting tax deductions and earned income credits for having an army of kids.
flyfishnw
3/23/2010 1:18pm
so you all will be happy with the govt taking a casual look at your financial and living situation to assist in determining what you should or should not have?

that is exactly what you are doing with the family above in question.

you people kill me....
flarider
3/23/2010 1:20pm
radonc73 wrote:
flarider wrote:
You, personally
No one else
Obama targeted you.

Congratulations

radonc73 wrote:
Little teste today there Flarider. I am stating that someone gets the bill and all you had to admit is that the subsities come from the...
Little teste today there Flarider. I am stating that someone gets the bill and all you had to admit is that the subsities come from the taxpayers. That was all.
Then why did you ask?

Post a reply to: Local news poll at 80% unhappy

The Latest