Local news poll at 80% unhappy

Related:
Create New Tag

3/23/2010 6:38 AM

about the health care gig. That's even up from the 66% someone posted up yesterday from MSNBC. Time will tell.

|

3/23/2010 6:50 AM

It would be interesting to hear why.

|

“If I remember how this worked, you’d put a side on, and then you’d go and have something to eat, and then you’d put another side on.” … Mick Jagger

3/23/2010 6:55 AM

government of the people, by the people, and for the people....



Don't matter why.

|

3/23/2010 7:01 AM

indy_maico wrote:

It would be interesting to hear why.

Because it was a stupid bill passed just to try to salvage our loser presidents rep and 80 percent of the American people aren't as stupid as you.

|

3/23/2010 7:12 AM

indy_maico wrote:

It would be interesting to hear why.

Crash82 wrote:

Because it was a stupid bill passed just to try to salvage our loser presidents rep and 80 percent of the American people aren't as stupid as you.

Yer so smart!

|

“If I remember how this worked, you’d put a side on, and then you’d go and have something to eat, and then you’d put another side on.” … Mick Jagger

3/23/2010 7:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/23/2010 7:13 AM

Damn straight thanks! I didn't get this GED for being dumb ya know.

|

3/23/2010 7:16 AM

super rat wrote:

government of the people, by the people, and for the people....



Don't matter why.

That's what we have.

We have legislators who were elected by the people who make laws. We have a president who ran with the stated goal of health care reform, and a Democratic Party in power in both houses of Congress to help him achieve those goals.

That is what kind of representative democracy we have.

The so-called patriots out there want something different. They want democracy when their side is in power, and anarchy when they aren't.

|

“If I remember how this worked, you’d put a side on, and then you’d go and have something to eat, and then you’d put another side on.” … Mick Jagger

3/23/2010 7:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/23/2010 7:30 AM

Sort of like a guy who justifies everything because Bush did it. What are you to clueless to read my post? This bill was more about Obama than the American people, if 34 of your own people say it sucks, that's a clue, get one.

|

3/23/2010 7:54 AM

and formal polling showed a 10% difference between yea and nay

I'll take formal polling over wildly inaccurate interweb polls any day

|





This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR



[LINK TO IMAGE]
"Grant money is not pork" - Rep Allen West

3/23/2010 8:11 AM

The Fines for not having insurance are where it goes to far. If you don't have insurance it must be because you can not afford it.

|

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

3/23/2010 8:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 9:36 PM

DirtyFilter75 wrote:

The Fines for not having insurance are where it goes to far. If you don't have insurance it must be because you can not afford it.

and if you can't afford it, there will be programs to assist or supplement the costs to make sure you do have it.


Anyone who doesn't carry insurance in 4 years, will only be doing so by choice

|





This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR



[LINK TO IMAGE]
"Grant money is not pork" - Rep Allen West

3/23/2010 8:21 AM

But, who pays for that program?

|

3/23/2010 8:34 AM

radonc73 wrote:

But, who pays for that program?

You, personally
No one else
Obama targeted you.
You alone will carry the burden

Congratulations
and thank you for your sacrifice

|





This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR



[LINK TO IMAGE]
"Grant money is not pork" - Rep Allen West

3/23/2010 9:50 AM

indy_maico wrote:

It would be interesting to hear why.

Haven't you been here the last couple of days?

|

3/23/2010 9:53 AM

Crash82 wrote:

Damn straight thanks! I didn't get this GED for being dumb ya know.

ROFL, POST OF THE YEAR!

|

3/23/2010 11:00 AM

Who understands is a matter of opinion, 34 democrats voted no, how many were threatened and bribed into voting yes? As far as angry goes you are the one constantly bringing Bush into non political threads, the poll and this thread are about this bill and you still talk about Bush.

|

3/23/2010 11:30 AM

I would say of the 34 who voted no, most did it because they felt threatened by the prospect of losing their political future in the next election.

Chickens or DINO's?

Who cares?

|

“If I remember how this worked, you’d put a side on, and then you’d go and have something to eat, and then you’d put another side on.” … Mick Jagger

3/23/2010 11:34 AM

DirtyFilter75 wrote:

The Fines for not having insurance are where it goes to far. If you don't have insurance it must be because you can not afford it.

flarider wrote:

and if you can't afford it, there will be programs to assist or supplement the costs to make sure you do have it.


Anyone who doesn't carry insurance in 4 years, will only be doing so by choice

What about a person that makes to muh to qualify for supplements, but because of where they live, or how many children they have (possibly with special needs which require special/expensive schools....I know a family in this exact boat.), or for any other reason just plain can't afford health insurance without putting it on a credit card. What will happen to them?

Will the be forced to put their health insurance on a credit card, which will eventually force them into BK....or would they be forced to drop the insurance, and perpetually pay the pentalties?

And it's 2019 Dave, that the 32 million will finally be insured.

|

3/23/2010 11:47 AM

Titan1 wrote:

What about a person that makes to muh to qualify for supplements, but because of where they live, or how many children they have (possibly with special needs which require special/expensive schools....I know a family in this exact boat.), or for any other reason just plain can't afford health insurance without putting it on a credit card. What will happen to them?

Will the be forced to put their health insurance on a credit card, which will eventually force them into BK....or would they be forced to drop the insurance, and perpetually pay the pentalties?

And it's 2019 Dave, that the 32 million will finally be insured.

So they're too rich to afford health insurance?

Is that your point?

|





This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR



[LINK TO IMAGE]
"Grant money is not pork" - Rep Allen West

3/23/2010 11:49 AM

flarider wrote:

and if you can't afford it, there will be programs to assist or supplement the costs to make sure you do have it.


Anyone who doesn't carry insurance in 4 years, will only be doing so by choice

Titan1 wrote:

What about a person that makes to muh to qualify for supplements, but because of where they live, or how many children they have (possibly with special needs which require special/expensive schools....I know a family in this exact boat.), or for any other reason just plain can't afford health insurance without putting it on a credit card. What will happen to them?

Will the be forced to put their health insurance on a credit card, which will eventually force them into BK....or would they be forced to drop the insurance, and perpetually pay the pentalties?

And it's 2019 Dave, that the 32 million will finally be insured.

flarider wrote:

So they're too rich to afford health insurance?

Is that your point?

You really cant figure out the point?

|

flarider wrote: I don't know shit
and I am damn glad for that

3/23/2010 11:59 AM

read an article the other day that said a lot of what's in this reform are items that are very similar to counterproposals made by Newt and company back in '94 when Clinton attempted health care.

I thought that was interesting.

As far as unhappy about it, I'm still on the fence at this point. I'm very concerned about government getting involved. I don't like getting raped by insurance companies and drug companies. I'm not convinced this solves those problems. I also wonder about the mandate portion, I'm wondering if it will pass muster in front of the SC--kind of doubt it actually.

And then there is the other shoe. This bill isn't 100% done. What's actually going to come out of the oven may have a lot more crap in it once reconciliation is complete.

|

3/23/2010 12:09 PM

Hello you guys do know inside of this bill, is that their is a clause that is goin to have the govt a direct link into your bank account and withdraw money according to your doctor visits...That alone pisses me off. and i dont trust the fuckers!

|

3/23/2010 12:11 PM

Motodave wrote:

Hello you guys do know inside of this bill, is that their is a clause that is goin to have the govt a direct link into your bank account and withdraw money according to your doctor visits...That alone pisses me off. and i dont trust the fuckers!

What page is that on?

|

“If I remember how this worked, you’d put a side on, and then you’d go and have something to eat, and then you’d put another side on.” … Mick Jagger

3/23/2010 12:17 PM

indy_maico wrote:

What page is that on?

Im not exactly shure the page and section # i will try to find it

|

3/23/2010 12:34 PM

radonc73 wrote:

But, who pays for that program?

flarider wrote:

You, personally
No one else
Obama targeted you.
You alone will carry the burden

Congratulations
and thank you for your sacrifice

Little teste today there Flarider. I am stating that someone gets the bill and all you had to admit is that the subsities come from the taxpayers. That was all.

|

3/23/2010 12:47 PM

flarider wrote:

and if you can't afford it, there will be programs to assist or supplement the costs to make sure you do have it.


Anyone who doesn't carry insurance in 4 years, will only be doing so by choice

Titan1 wrote:

What about a person that makes to muh to qualify for supplements, but because of where they live, or how many children they have (possibly with special needs which require special/expensive schools....I know a family in this exact boat.), or for any other reason just plain can't afford health insurance without putting it on a credit card. What will happen to them?

Will the be forced to put their health insurance on a credit card, which will eventually force them into BK....or would they be forced to drop the insurance, and perpetually pay the pentalties?

And it's 2019 Dave, that the 32 million will finally be insured.

flarider wrote:

So they're too rich to afford health insurance?

Is that your point?

No, they aren't too rich to afford insurance.

The father makes, over $90K/year from his job as a computer guy of some sort.

They have 6 kids. The oldest is in college, and the youngest is 10 or 12 years old.

The youngest also happens to have a mental disability (I don't know what it's called). Anyway, he isn't "well" enough to enroll in public school (not that it would do him any good), so he is enrolled in a private school of some sort. That school costs BIG BUCKS.

So between his oldest in college, his youngest in the private school, the extra-curicular activites of his other children, food, clothes, mortgage, etc....they live pay check to pay check.

And I've been in his home (and it is not an outlandish home)...His kids all share bedrooms, there is no big screen TV's, they don't even have cable, no new furniture. Their cars are paid for (and are about 10 years old). Anyway, they are living as cheaply as they possibly can.

He currently has an HSA, with catastrophic insurance plan (with a $5K deductible....which I understand will no longer be an option with the new law. Is that correct?). This is the only way he can afford insurance.

So what would someone in his shoes do, since they have to have insurance (and likely a more expensive plan), and can't really cut any more expenses than they already have, but can't afford to pay anymore for insurance than they are?

Face penalties? Put the insurance premiums on a credit card? What? They make to much to qualify for supplements, but because of some unique circumstances with one of their children, they can't afford to pay anymore for insurance than they currently are?



|

3/23/2010 12:54 PM

What happens in less than 4 years when this program is out of money?

What happens when inflation goes through the roof from all this spending?

What happens when the fed raises rates from .25%?

What happens the stimulus money runs out?


All of these are reasons I have am against this bill.

The bill should have allowed citizens the ability to buy across state lines, and included small business tax incentives. That is all...

|

3/23/2010 12:56 PM

Wow, I actually agree with you on that........

|

3/23/2010 12:58 PM

Me too.

But we should say the the thing to people getting tax deductions and earned income credits for having an army of kids.

|

3/23/2010 1:18 PM

so you all will be happy with the govt taking a casual look at your financial and living situation to assist in determining what you should or should not have?

that is exactly what you are doing with the family above in question.

you people kill me....

|