Living in North Carolina info request?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/6/2018 10:59 AM

I have lived in California my entire life and own a nice little home but I have the opportunity to move to NC in the near future and I’m wondering if anyone knows about the good and the bad of it...living (and riding) there to be exact?
My wife works for the state university system and she can transfer to any university and I’m thinking about renting out my home here and getting a small home (buy/rent?) back there and totally start a new life ( with my wife and kids of course). I don’t really want to sell my property out here but if I could get a really awesome home for cheap I might do it?
I do plan to work there but I can go to school for free (spouse/kids of employee have free tuition) so maybe I’ll go a different path job wise but I’m not decided yet. Sorry it’s long but I seem to always get some good advice on here so flame away if you want?? Thanks dudes!

|

8/6/2018 1:03 PM

What area of North Carolina. Western, Central, and the Coast offer 3 completely different experiences. Western is very rural, and spread out some beautiful scenery, but no jobs (sorta) they are there if you are willing and creative, no neighbors, not many moto tracks, but lots of offroad opportunities. If your looking for a more simple life ( farming, mom and pops, community, etc.)probably the best area in the country for that, although some of that is slipping away bit by bit.

You will find a little more of everything else and more moto around Charlotte and east to 95

|

8/6/2018 6:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/6/2018 6:20 PM

Dude. If you wanna keep more of your money in your pocket......leave California.

Hell last time I was in NC some lady paid for my subway and chocked it up to southern hospitality.

Every time I ride in NC/SC I’m happier than a pig in shit.

My dream home is off of lake Norman......

|

GP740
Since 1987

8/6/2018 10:04 PM

See I knew I would get some helpful info...thanks guys. Yeah I just really am getting tired of everything here in CA. I have family in GA and have ridden a few tracks back there and it’s way better than out here. Mainly I want to give my kids a better start to life and it just seems like there is way less people and bad shit to waste time on back east.

|

8/7/2018 6:23 AM

NC is one of my favorite states. Used to go there a lot growing up with my in laws. They had a few cabins up there in Boone and we even owned a snowboard shop there for a year but I was a fishing guide here and just had a friend work it for fun for a year which is funny because I never saw snow until I was 18. We live south Florida island life so it is a great change and the polar opposite. Great people there too. NC has changed rapidly with growth though and it has gotten quite a bit busier but still a beautiful state. We have 6 acres on the New River at the eastern edge of Boone now. I want to build a cabin eventually. Something friends and family can use and enjoy. Was looking at Google earth and noticed a nice private track right down the street too. Bonus!!

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

8/7/2018 9:31 AM

I think you have the right idea. I'm so tired of this state. I have a few things I have to get done here still, but in the next few years my lady and I want to be looking at getting out too. I've wondered about NC as well. All of my customers from there are some of the most thankful and most well-mannered people I've ever dealt with. Seems like it would be a great place to start new and raise a family just from the people aspect alone.

|

IG: @mullennix_qc

8/7/2018 9:58 AM

I lived in Wilmington, out by the coast. Geographically they are kind of similar in that you have a lot of coast and mountains a few hours inland.
My first thought is the biggest difference you will notice is the people and culture compared with Southern California. I can tell you it is wildly opposite to California- much more religion and conservative values in the East. It's going to be a different planet than SD. But the people are awesome and the Outer Banks is incredibly beautiful (desolate).
There are a decent number of tracks on the coast but when I was there the best tracks were in the Raleigh area. It's also going to rain a helluva lot more.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

8/7/2018 4:19 PM

Asheville is Moscow west,beautiful but all fhcked up like where you live now.

I give it five years and they will all be pedaling bicycles or such shit,gas being outlawed or something.

Nashville is becoming the same,to many mindless libs moving from Cali then fuck up where they move to same way.

Hey,just stay,lol.

|

8/8/2018 9:15 AM

Charlotte area has been booming ever since I moved here 15 years ago and it is now the banking capital of America.

Housing is a LOT cheaper than CA & MD where I came here from. We built a new 2800 sq ft house in SC 45 min from the center of Charlotte for $200k.

|

8/8/2018 11:10 AM

Yea I notice city slickers move to the country or townships then they vote for increased taxes and services. You can get that in the city...go back!!!

|

GP740
Since 1987

8/8/2018 4:30 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Yea I notice city slickers move to the country or townships then they vote for increased taxes and services. You can get that ...more

unless you are out in the sticks it is mostly Yankees down here now not locals.

|

8/9/2018 5:39 AM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Yea I notice city slickers move to the country or townships then they vote for increased taxes and services. You can get that ...more

lumpy790 wrote:

unless you are out in the sticks it is mostly Yankees down here now not locals.

Preach on it.

|

8/12/2018 7:56 AM

Kind of like Florida, every day I get, "wow you are native Floridian? Never see those anymore."

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

9/14/2018 5:25 PM

A person looking to move to NC might check the weather today, and change their mind.

|

9/15/2018 11:25 AM

wreckitrandy wrote:

A person looking to move to NC might check the weather today, and change their mind.

I was watching the weather so I knew what areas can take a hit and still be ok when looking to move lol.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

9/15/2018 12:16 PM

wreckitrandy wrote:

Absolute bonkers! laughing

|