Create New Tag

8/15/2019 2:15 PM

|

8/15/2019 2:16 PM

Everyone ok ,banged up

|

8/15/2019 2:24 PM

From news ...

“I can confirm Dale, Amy & Isla along with his two pilots were involved in a crash in Bristol TN this afternoon. Everyone is safe and has been taken to the hospital for further evaluation. We have no further information at this time. Thank you for your understanding,” Kelley Earnhardt wrote in a tweet. Amy is Dale's wife, and Isla is their 1-year-old daughter."

Glad everyone is "ok" ...

|

8/15/2019 2:30 PM

Wow

https://m.

|

8/15/2019 2:34 PM

Damn! Luckiest unlucky day ever

|

8/15/2019 2:43 PM

WoW!!!

Glad to see everybody's okay that was close

|

8/16/2019 6:17 AM

He's cheated death twice now, wasn't too long ago he wreck a corvette that caught fire also.

|

8/16/2019 6:41 AM

My heart started racing when I saw Jr was in a plane crash... so glad he and everyone else made it out OK.

Such respect for him and his dad... true American racers, through and through. I don't care much for NASCAR but I love the passion they both had for racing.

Still remember the day Sr. died... one of the few races I was actually watching, with my grandma of all people.

|

8/16/2019 4:20 PM

The fencing that wrapped around the fuselage was so close to the door. Scary stuff!

|

8/16/2019 6:11 PM

When traveling from Wytheville Va to Brisol there is an airport along the 4 lane that has a huge grade (incline) that you look straight down when you pass it. Was it this airport?

|

8/16/2019 6:49 PM

FlickitFlat wrote:

When traveling from Wytheville Va to Brisol there is an airport along the 4 lane that has a huge grade (incline) that you look straight down when you pass it. Was it this airport?

Elizabethon, or something like that.
Close to Bristol I heard.

|

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

8/18/2019 4:34 PM

FlickitFlat wrote:

No where near there.

Elizabethton is about 17 miles east of BMS.

Almost all 4 lane now to the speedway though.

Tricities airport, right next to muddy creek, is closer, at 11 miles, but about half is 2 lane road.

|

8/18/2019 6:57 PM

Would like to read the NTSB report once it's completed to the reason why/how this happened. Pilot error I'm guessing. Glad everyone survived it.

|

Be a Boss today because tomorrow may never come...

8/18/2019 7:29 PM

Jonesboys819_828 wrote:

Would like to read the NTSB report once it's completed to the reason why/how this happened. Pilot error I'm guessing. Glad everyone survived it.

Some ex-head of NTBS (intentionaly mistyped) said "Not pilot error".
How the hell does he know this already?
It takes all kinds of time to come to these decisions. WTF?

|

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

8/18/2019 11:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/18/2019 11:19 PM

Hillbilly: The NBC Nightly News tonight had a clip of a spectacular MC road racing crash this weekend. Kind of surprised you have not started a thread on that one. You're slacking off!

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

8/19/2019 4:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2019 4:53 PM

Reese95w wrote:

Hillbilly: The NBC Nightly News tonight had a clip of a spectacular MC road racing crash this weekend. Kind of surprised you have not started a thread on that one. You're slacking off!

I have a lot of respect for guys that go over the edge,where crashing lives

If you don't go over the edge,what is the point of doing it?

Notice how the cunt video ing didn't help,

2 months back I fought a young punk in the middle of a highway for trying to beat a young girl that jumped from his truck

The second time we got apart there were a dozen people videoing but no help

I was fucking lucky not to get hurt,hit him upside the head with a power handle the second go and he !kept a coming.

|

8/19/2019 5:34 PM

Reese95w wrote:

hillbilly wrote:

2 months back I fought a young punk in the middle of a highway for trying to beat a young girl that jumped from his truck

I was fucking lucky not to get hurt,hit him upside the head with a power handle the second go and he !kept a coming.

I tried helping a gal that was getting the shit kicked out of her by the boyfriend. She helped him kick my ass. I don't help much anymore.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

8/19/2019 5:40 PM

Reese95w wrote:

hillbilly wrote:

plowboy wrote:

I tried helping a gal that was getting the shit kicked out of her by the boyfriend. She helped him kick my ass. I don't help much anymore.

Yeah,seen that play,mostly at bars,

This situation was far different,crack head about 22 ,girl about 17

|

8/19/2019 5:50 PM

hillbilly wrote:

Oh yes I have experienced this also. A few years ago a guy made an illegal U-Turn and almost nailed me as I was making a right turn on a green arrow. I lost my temper and followed him into the parking lot at a Burger King. I got out of my van and was yelling at the guy as he was still sitting in his truck. Then I noticed the 3 cars in line for the drive-through, each car had somebody filming me with their cell phones. That made me really think, about working harder to control my anger because I don't want to get shot over some stupid driver's actions and I don't want video of that on YouTube.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

8/19/2019 5:54 PM

They were in a Citation Latitude (Cessna). That's who I work for. When there's a crash I always check to make sure I didn't build it or work on it. A mechanics worst fear.

I don't remember the exact numbers but the minimum landing field for a Latitude is less that 4000 feet. This airport is just shy of 5000. Should have been easy stuff. Not trying to jump to conclusions...the NTSB will post investigation results eventually...but I'm hearing they landed long with not enough runway to get stopped. This plane has an excellent emergency brake system...if you've got time to use it. Also hearing this aircraft may have had a "hard landing" recently.

Like I said, all speculation at this point. The NTSB usually gets it right....just don't be in a hurry for their results.

Anyone who works in the industry knows how this plays out. Everyone that has laid hands on this plane will be pissing in a bottle. They seem to always want to assume a mechanic has screwed up. If you follow the NTSB findings...it's usually pilot error. Not always...but usually.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

8/19/2019 6:00 PM

hillbilly wrote:

plowboy wrote:

hillbilly wrote:

Yeah,seen that play,mostly at bars,

This situation was far different,crack head about 22 ,girl about 17

Yep, seen it at bars but I just let management deal with that. This was at Wal-Mart...in the cereal aisle.

|

8/19/2019 6:00 PM

Drink lots of cranberry juice. seriously, now they're saying it was a landing gear failure, which doesn't quite jibe with the bounce twice thing that might have caused the landing gear failure. Interested to see how this plays out.

|

8/19/2019 6:18 PM

BMSOBx2 wrote:

Drink lots of cranberry juice. seriously, now they're saying it was a landing gear failure, which doesn't quite jibe with the bounce twice thing that might have caused the landing gear failure. Interested to see how this plays out.

Lol, I never worry about pissing hot (last time I saw pot was 1983 much less anything else). I know they have to test for insurance/liability purposes but it's a pride thing I guess. I've been UA'd many times and it's always been just component failure or "pilot error".

You rarely see pilot error when the pilot is dedicated to one airframe (with lots of hours). It's usually the guy with multiples of certifications but not tons of time (or recent time) on any particular plane. Pilots are humans too. What am I flying today...Citation, Gulfstream, Lear....everyone of them has different limitations/restrictions.

|

8/19/2019 9:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2019 9:34 PM

plowboy wrote:

They were in a Citation Latitude (Cessna). That's who I work for. When there's a crash I always check to make sure I didn't build it or work on it. A mechanics worst fear.

I don't remember the exact numbers but the minimum landing field for a Latitude is less that 4000 feet. This airport is just shy of 5000. Should have been easy stuff. Not trying to jump to conclusions...the NTSB will post investigation results eventually...but I'm hearing they landed long with not enough runway to get stopped. This plane has an excellent emergency brake system...if you've got time to use it. Also hearing this aircraft may have had a "hard landing" recently.

Like I said, all speculation at this point. The NTSB usually gets it right....just don't be in a hurry for their results.

Anyone who works in the industry knows how this plays out. Everyone that has laid hands on this plane will be pissing in a bottle. They seem to always want to assume a mechanic has screwed up. If you follow the NTSB findings...it's usually pilot error. Not always...but usually.

From the pics I've seen, It looks to me like they landed on RW 24. There is a displaced threshold leaving only 4100' for landing, so it is pretty close to the min landing distance for the plane.There is also a lot of high terrain around, so the approach is pretty steep.

I read they had around 1000 gal of fuel, which would be 6700 lbs. I don't trust that to be gospel, but if they did, that is tankering a lot of fuel for a short strip. I have flown right seat in a Latitude a couple of times, but am not typed in it, and can't speak of the exact numbers for landing, and they are amazing for that size of plane. But, weight and temps can add a lot to landing distance. The elevation there is around 1500', so that wasn't much of a factor.

Ive heard they bounced a couple of times, and the gear collapsed. All I'll say is "but for the grace of God, there go I"
But its hard to believe they plowed it in so hard they broke it.

I flew an Encore that had some corrosion found in the trailing link that was about three years old, but it was cleaned up and still within specs.

I will say, Ive witnessed a landing with a collapsed gear on a Cessna caused by corrosion, but it was on a 35 year old Conquest II, that lived in FL most of its ife.

Just like you said, it is all speculation right now, and the NTSB will figure it out.

|

8/20/2019 12:34 AM

just listened to the Dale Jr Podcast with Harry Gant, they gave a day off and a 1000 bucks to his pilot for good service,

|

8/20/2019 3:43 PM

scott_nz wrote:

just listened to the Dale Jr Podcast with Harry Gant, they gave a day off and a 1000 bucks to his pilot for good service,

Old Harry was my guy back in the day.
|

8/20/2019 4:01 PM

That plane is a mess. Gonna be a lengthy investigation to figure out if the gear collapsed on landing or was torn up going off the runway...(because the fire has really roasted things). Be nice if the tower had video rolling. Really glad it looked to be a slow burn and everyone got out.

|

8/23/2019 4:30 PM

|