Lindsey vonn big crash

hillbilly
2/5/2019 7:53am
|
JAFO92
2/5/2019 8:24am Edited Date/Time 2/5/2019 11:43am
You know they got them bindings cranked down mega tight when you see she almost cant push her boot back into the ski. Them downhillers are some fearless mofos ! Props to her finishing the hill up on two legs after that fall.
Jimmy638
2/5/2019 11:14am
Shiffrin is the shit, please retire Vonn. See ya in the booth

The Shop

peelout
2/5/2019 12:32pm
Jimmy638 wrote:
Shiffrin is the shit, please retire Vonn. See ya in the booth
Shiffrin is the shit, she's the real deal. i started following her career after she was a guest to Team Honda and Ken Roczen at one of the races. cute as hell and a hell of an athlete
jap114
2/5/2019 4:06pm
Story was running on msn.com and one statement in the story that I thought was interesting.

"Vonn was wearing a safety air bag device under her racing suit, which inflated as she tumbled over and softened the impact when she hit the safety nets."

Too bad that can't cross over into moto somehow...
BobPA
2/5/2019 5:19pm
When I worked at Vail we ran the lift for her during preseason training. I never had much interaction, but she was always super friendly. Seeing the pros in person is something else...They fly.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
2/5/2019 10:41pm
That crash was nothing compared to some of Vonn's greatest hits. She'll always be remembered though for having bigger balls than most guys.
Prntscrn
2/10/2019 4:29am
World Championship bronze in her last ever race
2/10/2019 6:17am
Does anyone think Schiffrin got in her head? Lindsey was so dominant for years and was the poster girl for skiing until Mikaela showed up.
XXVoid MainXX
2/10/2019 8:16am
jap114 wrote:
Story was running on msn.com and one statement in the story that I thought was interesting. "Vonn was wearing a safety air bag device under her...
Story was running on msn.com and one statement in the story that I thought was interesting.

"Vonn was wearing a safety air bag device under her racing suit, which inflated as she tumbled over and softened the impact when she hit the safety nets."

Many of my friends have been running air vests for years now. MotoGP had them built into the suits.
Sierra Ranger
2/10/2019 12:02pm
jap114 wrote:
Story was running on msn.com and one statement in the story that I thought was interesting. "Vonn was wearing a safety air bag device under her...

I have seen them used in amateur motocross. It had a ripcord type thing. In most cases I think they might be too hot.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
2/14/2019 9:40am
I'm always interested to see the differences between MX and other sports. When they replayed the footage of the other skiers watching, you could clearly see that the women were genuinely horrified and concerned for Lindsey's safety.

Another example is in the MTB world. Those guys love to feed the stoke. Just walk into a bicycle shop and notice the difference between that and a motorcycle dealership.

In MX, you can almost see the guys grin when they watch a competitor crash hard.
2/16/2019 1:53pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2019 2:04pm
Does anyone think Schiffrin got in her head? Lindsey was so dominant for years and was the poster girl for skiing until Mikaela showed up.
F*** no. That is 100% nonsense. Vonn got older, her body got beat down, simple as that. The torch gets passed. Ski racing is brutal. Right up there with MX. They are warriors. Look at some of the injuries they have to overcome. And while MX is physically demanding, you still have a bike. In ski racing, you have your body, so it is a purer human effort, and coming back from an injury is even harder. Quite a few ski racers also ride MX. Daron Rahlves is not bad. Phil and Steve Mahre were both avid MX riders. The US Ski Team tried to stop them from riding, and they refused. The reason that Steve did not match Phil on skis? Because he hurt a knee ....riding MX.

https://www.dirtrider.com/features/online-exclusives/141_1202_steve_mah…
az2u
2/19/2019 8:18pm
No one gets into Lindsey Vonn's head. She raced with no fear. All those crashes she endured took their toll.
Mikaela is just getting started. It's going to be fun to watch her become the GOAT.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1301st
2/19/2019 9:18pm
jap114 wrote:

Many of my friends have been running air vests for years now. MotoGP had them built into the suits.
The article I read on this had her quoted as saying her dainese suit with airbags saved her. I wasn’t aware dainese made anything other than road racing gear.

Post a reply to: Lindsey vonn big crash

The Latest