Let's See Your Golf Swings

JW381
3/31/2017 9:47pm Edited Date/Time 3/31/2017 9:48pm
JW381 wrote:
Closest I've come to an ace. Yet... Yes, I am casually dressed. I was hungover and it's an executive course. It was a 145yd par 3...
Closest I've come to an ace. Yet...

Yes, I am casually dressed. I was hungover and it's an executive course. It was a 145yd par 3, hit a knock down 8i with a baby draw. I hope to get my first eagle in 2017.

BobPA wrote:
Awesome man, just don't think about it....That shit happens when you least expect it. I had my hole in one on a day in mid November...cold...
Awesome man, just don't think about it....That shit happens when you least expect it. I had my hole in one on a day in mid November...cold as fuck out. Hole was playing 159 and hit a crisp 8 iron with a baby fade, one hopped and dunked in lol.

I am going out Monday so I'll post what I shoot. Most likely going to be playing lift, clean, and place because of the biblical amount of rain we are getting the last two days.
Yup, I hear that loud and clear.

We were actually just at the pro shop getting Bronwyn fit for what she swings, and I was messing around on the launch monitor. It's amazing how similar, or even better, the result of an abbreviated, smooth swing can be compared to a full swing. Just gotta play the game and let it come to ya.

I'm not a big hitter though, so getting par 5s in 2 is still outside of my reach on 95% of holes. Working on it.

We play lift, clean and place half the year here! Laughing
borg
4/1/2017 5:50am
FLmxer wrote:
I am a quick player. I walk up and swing. Never improved a lie and take every stroke. No mulligans but i could care less what...
I am a quick player. I walk up and swing. Never improved a lie and take every stroke. No mulligans but i could care less what you do but don't tell me you kicked my ass when you improved your lie and took a bunch of mulligans clown. Lol I shoot around the same score every time and that gets old. Some day i will break into the 70's. Been so close so many times but can't get over the 80 hump. i play some really challenging courses so it will feel great when or if i ever do.
If you are shooting low to mid 80's consistently, it means that you are either on or near most greens in regulation. The difference between a regular 70's player and us is that they almost never miss putts withing 6 feet and almost always chip up within 6 feet. Sand saves are normal for them. Me, not so much. Short game is the least practiced and most important for low scores. When I go to the range, there are 30 guys hitting off the tees, 4 or 5 on the green, 1 or 2 guys in the chipping area and nobody in the sand pit. In fact, so far this year, I have seen one guy hitting out of the sand pit.
Short game practice is boring as fuck but I am committed to improving that part of my game.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
4/1/2017 7:24am Edited Date/Time 4/1/2017 7:26am
I hit a bucket of balls at the range and then the chipping green has hundreds of designated yellow balls to practice the short game and i spend way more time at chipping green. I struggled for quite a bit on my short game until i learned a couple simple mechanics. I am so confident now that I expect to be close each time when before i couldnt guess what was going to happen. Lol Shoulders more square, shaft more nuetral instead of forward, move ball closer to you, open face, keep left shoulder down and keep right elbow tucked in. Practicing with club cover under right pit put it all together for my short game.
I hit a lot of GIR with long irons. I was a natural on those from my first days golfing. I trap the ball and have a bit of low ball flight that I'm always working on. Putting is decent and saves the day often. Good times.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
4/1/2017 7:56am Edited Date/Time 4/1/2017 8:00am
The course i play most, shell point is $110 for 18, all day same price. I play there 3 to 5 times a week. It is going private soon so i have been getting them in. Membership is 5500. My other couple courses i play are lowering prices today to around 40 from 70 but not even close to the quality of Shell point which is flawless but i play them 30 days in a row sometimes during summer. Lol Its another pricey hobby. Shell point is in a cool location. ( Yellow star)

I guided out of Punta rassa, bottom left for 22 years and a few of my rental properties are right there.
Here is a funny story, at the front of the community at shell point was a dirt road through the mangroves out to a pond. I was 20 and getting into fly fishing and 12 days in a row i drove my truck down that road with my dogs and would stand on my hood and fish. On the 13th day a lady found suitcases dropped from plane in middle of the dirt road with 3 mil hidden in hair curlers. Day late and a dollar short and the place is still taking my money and crushing my dreams. Lol

The Shop

Prntscrn
4/1/2017 9:18am
JW381 wrote:
Yup, I hear that loud and clear. We were actually just at the pro shop getting Bronwyn fit for what she swings, and I was messing...

We were actually just at the pro shop getting Bronwyn fit for what she swings, and I was messing around on the launch monitor. It's amazing how similar, or even better, the result of an abbreviated, smooth swing can be compared to a full swing. Just gotta play the game and let it come to ya.

I'm not a big hitter though, so getting par 5s in 2 is still outside of my reach on 95% of holes. Working on it.

Just listen to this guy and you'll reach them in 2 in no time

https://youtu.be/NvQ_0ekr9m8
JW381
4/1/2017 9:22am
JW381 wrote:
Yup, I hear that loud and clear. We were actually just at the pro shop getting Bronwyn fit for what she swings, and I was messing...

Prntscrn wrote:
Just listen to this guy and you'll reach them in 2 in no time

https://youtu.be/NvQ_0ekr9m8
Blades lmao
rhargrave431
4/1/2017 11:39am
My local course driving range opened yesterday.. I got a large bucket (110 balls) and hit them all... I'm beat today!
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
4/1/2017 11:50am
Meandmygolf on youtube is rated at the top for instructional videos.
BobPA
4/2/2017 6:54pm
Played today and shot very well. Bogeyed the last two fucking holes, both with a good drive, with just silly mistakes. Had the opportunity to shoot even but +2 is not bad lol. Lift clean and place and zero roll as the ground was wet. The shaded holes are either greenies or sandies.

JW381
4/2/2017 7:49pm
BobPA wrote:
Played today and shot very well. Bogeyed the last two fucking holes, both with a good drive, with just silly mistakes. Had the opportunity to shoot...
Played today and shot very well. Bogeyed the last two fucking holes, both with a good drive, with just silly mistakes. Had the opportunity to shoot even but +2 is not bad lol. Lift clean and place and zero roll as the ground was wet. The shaded holes are either greenies or sandies.

I played today too, wish I could say it went as well! Laughing

For what it's worth, I was striking the ball better than usual, so I think my time on the range the last few weeks is paying off. Now I just have to play consistently for a bit to get my game back.

Nice scorecard man, impressive.
500guy
4/2/2017 8:30pm
My club had their Spring classic yesterday and today, We had a dinner and Calcutta Friday.
They do a blind draw for partners, it's a two man team event.

$11,875 was the total , first day is 1 best ball net, today was combined 2 ball. first place was $4400.00

My Team tied for first and had to have a playoff, it went 2 holes, I made the winning putt for par 4-5 ft but it was for the win and was worth $1200 more than 2nd place.

probably one of the best clutch putts I ever made just because of what it was worth.
JW381
4/2/2017 9:04pm
500guy wrote:
My club had their Spring classic yesterday and today, We had a dinner and Calcutta Friday. They do a blind draw for partners, it's a two...
My club had their Spring classic yesterday and today, We had a dinner and Calcutta Friday.

$11,875 was the total , first day is 1 best ball net, today was combined 2 ball. first place was $4400.00

My Team tied for first and had to have a playoff, it went 2 holes, I made the winning putt for par 4-5 ft but it was for the win and was worth $1200 more than 2nd place.

probably one of the best clutch putts I ever made just because of what it was worth.
Damn!! Bravo

Sounds like you and Bob had far better days on the links than I did, makes me wanna quit lol Unsure
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
4/3/2017 6:59am
500guy wrote:
My club had their Spring classic yesterday and today, We had a dinner and Calcutta Friday. They do a blind draw for partners, it's a two...

Awesome. That must of felt great.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
4/3/2017 7:02am Edited Date/Time 4/3/2017 7:06am
BobPA wrote:
Played today and shot very well. Bogeyed the last two fucking holes, both with a good drive, with just silly mistakes. Had the opportunity to shoot...

Shooter mcgavin
wreckitrandy
4/4/2017 1:25pm
500guy wrote:

Ringer!!
BobPA
7/3/2017 8:39pm
So has anyone been playing? I have been getting out 2-3 times a week. The whole month of June I played like I never touched a golf club...frustrating to say the least. My game has started coming back lately, but still not super consistent.

Fucking golf.
SEEMEFIRST
7/4/2017 6:33pm
I've been playing casually for a looong time.
Best I was is mid 80s. Then it's like the plateau from hell. I kinda got burned out playing pissed, wasn't having fun.
Took a year or so off and got back to sucking, and started having fun again at 90.

I've made 1 eagle. Playing twilight after work and there's about a 400 yd 4 going due west.

Toe'd the drive and it went about 200. Pulled the 5 wood and crushed. None of us saw it because of the sun. I had no idea, but it felt perfect.

Got to the green and searched everywhere. No woods, wide open. Can't find the sonofabitch get pissed, drop one and really make a mess because I was so pissed.

My buddy goes to pull the flag and says "you playin' a Titleist 4?"

Happy and pissed all at the same time.

The reason they call the game golf is because FUCK! was already taken.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
7/4/2017 8:13pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
I've been playing casually for a looong time. Best I was is mid 80s. Then it's like the plateau from hell. I kinda got burned out...
I've been playing casually for a looong time.
Best I was is mid 80s. Then it's like the plateau from hell. I kinda got burned out playing pissed, wasn't having fun.
Took a year or so off and got back to sucking, and started having fun again at 90.

I've made 1 eagle. Playing twilight after work and there's about a 400 yd 4 going due west.

Toe'd the drive and it went about 200. Pulled the 5 wood and crushed. None of us saw it because of the sun. I had no idea, but it felt perfect.

Got to the green and searched everywhere. No woods, wide open. Can't find the sonofabitch get pissed, drop one and really make a mess because I was so pissed.

My buddy goes to pull the flag and says "you playin' a Titleist 4?"

Happy and pissed all at the same time.

The reason they call the game golf is because FUCK! was already taken.
I play "best ball" on every shot.Wink I may hit 6-8 out of the tee box before I get one I like, I buy buckets of range balls when they sell them and can use 40 or more when I play 18 holes, hell I may even Tee one up on the fairway if I am going to use a wood. I stink but I have a good time. Cool
JW381
7/5/2017 4:50am
I've been playing a lot, haven't had a great round yet, Lotta good stuff going on though. And a ton of fun no matter what. My wife is into it now and that's awesome.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
7/5/2017 8:10am
Ordered a new driver, a Calloqay Epic Sub zero 9° with the new Atmos 6 blue shaft. 21 of 150 players changed to that shaft last week in pro field. My xhot2 driver is working so great for awhile now but wanted the new technology. A few weeks ago I bought an M1 460 with 3 shafts for 300 but couldnt hit it as well as my Calloway but my sort of beginner friend hit it very well so i gave it to him. Hope the new Epic comes in today. Still playing 3 days a week consistantly. Courses are finally looking good again after a bad drought all the dry lakes are now full to brim.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
8/4/2017 8:15pm Edited Date/Time 8/4/2017 8:16pm
Just finaly got my new Calloway driver. Its excellent. It was on backorder because that Epic head is the top sold right now but i got the Atmos tour shaft put in it at the factory after reading the excellent reviews and 21 out of 150 pros switched to that shaft in the open that week. I hit it pretty good today. Maybe gained 10 15 yards on average.
Sure is a nice looking and feeling driver.

NV825
Fantasy
2730th
8/4/2017 9:12pm Edited Date/Time 8/4/2017 9:30pm
I'm holding out for a year or two before I upgrade to an Epic. I hit it in a simulator with awesome results but I can't justify the current price tag. Plus my current driver is plenty long for me now.

I was able to sneak out of work early one day this week to play a private course with some coworkers located halfway between Lake Tahoe and Carson City. Really challenging course with rock hard greens.

FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
8/4/2017 9:57pm
Oh man that looks really nice. Looks like a great time.
KMC440
8/5/2017 4:48am
Clear Creek?

That place is spread out !

We played Grey Walls Marquette, Mi a few years ago. Unforgiving, spectacular ball hungry course that one is. This year we went to the US Open on Saturday. I'll play that track before I die for sure... from the gold tees Blush .
Ryder Cup is at the Straights in 2020 so I'm thinking about just parking the truck and going down there for all four days. That course will be ridiculously cool for that tourney!
Hope everyone is having a great summer!
NV825
Fantasy
2730th
8/5/2017 8:20am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2017 8:21am
KMC440 wrote:
Clear Creek? That place is spread out ! We played Grey Walls Marquette, Mi a few years ago. Unforgiving, spectacular ball hungry course that one is...
Clear Creek?

That place is spread out !

We played Grey Walls Marquette, Mi a few years ago. Unforgiving, spectacular ball hungry course that one is. This year we went to the US Open on Saturday. I'll play that track before I die for sure... from the gold tees Blush .
Ryder Cup is at the Straights in 2020 so I'm thinking about just parking the truck and going down there for all four days. That course will be ridiculously cool for that tourney!
Hope everyone is having a great summer!
Yep, Clear Creek. It was my 2nd time playing it and I did much better knowing the layout and not just guessing.
JW381
8/7/2017 6:33am
Awesome stuff, I love this game.

I played a pretty nice course in Camas the day before the Washougal National, that was a blast.

Post a reply to: Let's See Your Golf Swings

The Latest