Let's See Your Golf Swings

JW381
3/25/2017 8:42pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2017 3:45pm
With the Masters a week away, let's post up some swings and/or pics and/or anything related to the game of Golf!

https://youtu.be/8NKiGl0d2xM
|
hvaughn88
3/25/2017 8:51pm
"Step right up folks! See if you can out drive the amazing golf..ball...uh...whacker guy."
ocscottie
3/25/2017 8:54pm
Dude you ever play WGT Golf? Love this game. Watch this putt Cool

JW381
3/25/2017 8:55pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
"Step right up folks! See if you can out drive the amazing golf..ball...uh...whacker guy."

MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
3/25/2017 9:00pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2017 3:51pm
Hey Shooter! Trying to reach the green from here?

Thats not possible sir.....

I beg to differ. Happy Gilmore accomplished that feat no more than an hour ago.

Well moron.... Good for Happy GILMOR-OHMYGOD.

The Shop

hvaughn88
3/25/2017 9:02pm
God I still love that movie
JW381
3/25/2017 9:02pm
ocscottie wrote:
Dude you ever play WGT Golf? Love this game. Watch this putt B)
Dude you ever play WGT Golf? Love this game. Watch this putt Cool

Are you pro? Cool
JW381
3/25/2017 9:07pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
God I still love that movie
You're a lousy kindergarten teacher, I've seen those finger paintings you bring home and THEY SUCK!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
3/25/2017 9:17pm
Happy Gilmore. Sandler's best movie in my opinion.

NOW YOU'RE GONNA GET IT BOBBY.

The Price is Wrong bitch!

Use to love playing golf.
BobPA
3/25/2017 9:28pm
Ill get a vid tomorrow, still battling snow here....

Got down to a 4 handicap is the fall last year, then my putter really let me down haha
JW381
3/25/2017 10:02pm
BobPA wrote:
Ill get a vid tomorrow, still battling snow here.... Got down to a 4 handicap is the fall last year, then my putter really let me...

Got down to a 4 handicap is the fall last year, then my putter really let me down haha
My best round was an 80. 4 handicap is killer.
HD1200
3/26/2017 8:25am
I usually play in the low 80's. If it gets any hotter than that I don't play Cool
hvaughn88
3/26/2017 8:40am
HD1200 wrote:
I usually play in the low 80's. If it gets any hotter than that I don't play Cool
Just a heads up...I'm stealing that.
BobPA
3/26/2017 9:25am
BobPA wrote:
Ill get a vid tomorrow, still battling snow here.... Got down to a 4 handicap is the fall last year, then my putter really let me...

JW381 wrote:
I'll tell ya what helped me the most. I learned to not bomb a driver everywhere, so I could leave a comfortable distance of 90-130 yards or so. "Course management" is a big part of the scoring well. Planning your miss on the correct side of the hole, and trying to avoid getting into impossible situations. Summer time I walk 9 holes 4-5 days a week after work, really need to work on putting lol. The putter really helps your scores drop too.
JW381
3/26/2017 12:18pm
BobPA wrote:

JW381 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
I'll tell ya what helped me the most. I learned to not bomb a driver everywhere, so I could leave a comfortable distance of 90-130 yards...
I'll tell ya what helped me the most. I learned to not bomb a driver everywhere, so I could leave a comfortable distance of 90-130 yards or so. "Course management" is a big part of the scoring well. Planning your miss on the correct side of the hole, and trying to avoid getting into impossible situations. Summer time I walk 9 holes 4-5 days a week after work, really need to work on putting lol. The putter really helps your scores drop too.
Yeah that was what I learned! I saw my friends trying to play the game the "right way", rather than playing their game. So I learned to manage the course and play for a score, really made the game come alive for me. Suddenly punching out of the trees became something that I could practice, use, and "score" with. Same as laying up or taking iron rather than a metal.

Another example, I'm pretty bad at hitting GIR. I cannot hit the big cheater clubs today, I like "2 stroke" golf clubs. I play forged Titleist progressive backs. So I work on making a lot of up and down pars, matter of fact I expect to. If I get GIR, cool, shot at bird. But generally I plan to get close to the short grass and make a chip and a putt. That helped my score a ton because I stared aiming for the safe, low side of every green, rather than simply the center/hole were you risk sand, water, OB with a miss.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
3/26/2017 12:29pm
Got a hole in one once. Pretty exciting thing. I have no idea how pros can manage to get a whole bunch of them. I suppose it helps when you play as much golf as they do.

Ted722
3/26/2017 2:54pm
Thankfully, no video of my swing, but here's the closest I could fine. Reminds me of when the starter waits extra long to drop that gate. I am not a role model.

JW381
3/26/2017 3:25pm
Ted722 wrote:
Thankfully, no video of my swing, but here's the closest I could fine. Reminds me of when the starter waits extra long to drop that gate...
Thankfully, no video of my swing, but here's the closest I could fine. Reminds me of when the starter waits extra long to drop that gate. I am not a role model.

Haha!! So fluid, poetry in motion
BobPA
3/26/2017 5:57pm
JW381 wrote:
Yeah that was what I learned! I saw my friends trying to play the game the "right way", rather than playing their game. So I learned...
Yeah that was what I learned! I saw my friends trying to play the game the "right way", rather than playing their game. So I learned to manage the course and play for a score, really made the game come alive for me. Suddenly punching out of the trees became something that I could practice, use, and "score" with. Same as laying up or taking iron rather than a metal.

Another example, I'm pretty bad at hitting GIR. I cannot hit the big cheater clubs today, I like "2 stroke" golf clubs. I play forged Titleist progressive backs. So I work on making a lot of up and down pars, matter of fact I expect to. If I get GIR, cool, shot at bird. But generally I plan to get close to the short grass and make a chip and a putt. That helped my score a ton because I stared aiming for the safe, low side of every green, rather than simply the center/hole were you risk sand, water, OB with a miss.
Nice, playing to your strengths is a good thing too. My iron play is pretty consistent, and I don't really work the ball too much....pretty much a straight ball hitter. I play MP64 Mizuno's, not much forgiveness there either. My Achilles heal is the putter, as much as I hate I think I am gonna hit the practice greens a lot this year. I am by no means a swing coach so take it with a grain of salt. One of the really good players I usually shoot with told me to not swing so hard lol, instead of trying to muscle every shot there, just back it off and let the club do the work.....wedged especially. Instead of pulling my PW at 145 and swinging for the fence, just pull a 9I and punch it in nice and easy, may help your second shots.
brlatm
3/26/2017 6:06pm
I'll try and get a vid sometime, I play around a 10 now but was down to a 4 at one point. The courses I play pretty much allow for you to grip it and rip it. So I grab all I can an swing for the fences with the driver. Driver speed was 113 last week, I've been hitting some trainer clubs from SuperSpeed to try and get it up. And I actually just took all my clubs in to go get new shafts and grips in last week, so I'm looking forward to my 3 person Shamble this weekend with my nephew and sister. We will get drunk as hell no matter what!

I only swing for the fence with my driver, I am like you BobPA and I like 3/4 shots from 150 in. I play my gap wedge about 90% of the time from 110 in. Unless I am buried in the kitty litter or need to flop then I won't pull out a SW. It's a comfort issue.

I play TaylorMade Tour Preferred with TaylorMade D-3W-4W and Vokey wedges with a Scotty Cameron Xtura 5 putter.
borg
3/26/2017 6:48pm
DJ had 207 to the flag. He hit a 7 iron and was long.
JAFO92
3/26/2017 7:17pm Edited Date/Time 3/27/2017 4:44am
I suck with them confounded sticks and its a love/hate relationship I have with the game.

JPT
3/26/2017 7:57pm
I don't do drugs, molest children or play golf.
JW381
3/26/2017 8:26pm
brlatm wrote:
I'll try and get a vid sometime, I play around a 10 now but was down to a 4 at one point. The courses I play...
I'll try and get a vid sometime, I play around a 10 now but was down to a 4 at one point. The courses I play pretty much allow for you to grip it and rip it. So I grab all I can an swing for the fences with the driver. Driver speed was 113 last week, I've been hitting some trainer clubs from SuperSpeed to try and get it up. And I actually just took all my clubs in to go get new shafts and grips in last week, so I'm looking forward to my 3 person Shamble this weekend with my nephew and sister. We will get drunk as hell no matter what!

I only swing for the fence with my driver, I am like you BobPA and I like 3/4 shots from 150 in. I play my gap wedge about 90% of the time from 110 in. Unless I am buried in the kitty litter or need to flop then I won't pull out a SW. It's a comfort issue.

I play TaylorMade Tour Preferred with TaylorMade D-3W-4W and Vokey wedges with a Scotty Cameron Xtura 5 putter.
One big problem I have is my shoulder. I had a labrum repair on my left shoulder in 2007, have sprained it a few times since. You can probably even tell in the video I posted that I have a little bit of flexibility issues holding me back. The biggest thing I'd like to add to my swing is some shaft lean. I think I have a pretty sound toss of the stick, there's just a couple things holding me back on the fairways. Teebox doesn't bother me, pitching/chipping is pretty good, and putting is fine. But I just don't have the strength and flexibility in my left side to power thru a nice divot.

Someday I'll be a single digit. It's been a rainy winter/spring, but as soon as the sun comes out I'm almost more excited to struggle thru 18 than I am to ride!
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
3/26/2017 10:21pm
I golf a lot i am told lol and was thinking about starting a thread about it. Like what was the best tip that helped you etc. I shoot low 80s most days, 80 3 times. Was lucky enough to have a best friend that was the chef at Bonita Bay which has a top 100 most beautiful and top 50 hardest years ago. We would play round and round and then eat 5 star afterward. That went on for about ten years. I could always hit my driver and 3 wood very well with a sweet draw as well as my long irons but i struggled inside 100 yards. I couldnt even hit sand wedge less than 100 with out screwing it up trying to slow my full swing. Got all my strokes there. Worked hard and really have finally got it and am confident now inside 100 and brought my score way down, thank you utube and golf channel but since i figured that out my Drive has turned into a fade and I'm strugling to get the draw back. Ha fickle game. One of the tips that really changed things was a simple trick of practicing with a club head cover under your right arm pit and hold it while you chip or pitch. Good times.
Calloway xhot2 driver
Xr 3w
Ping g irons 5-sw
Ping vault putter
Bridgestone b 330-s
JW381
3/27/2017 5:42am
FLmxer wrote:
I golf a lot i am told lol and was thinking about starting a thread about it. Like what was the best tip that helped you...
I golf a lot i am told lol and was thinking about starting a thread about it. Like what was the best tip that helped you etc. I shoot low 80s most days, 80 3 times. Was lucky enough to have a best friend that was the chef at Bonita Bay which has a top 100 most beautiful and top 50 hardest years ago. We would play round and round and then eat 5 star afterward. That went on for about ten years. I could always hit my driver and 3 wood very well with a sweet draw as well as my long irons but i struggled inside 100 yards. I couldnt even hit sand wedge less than 100 with out screwing it up trying to slow my full swing. Got all my strokes there. Worked hard and really have finally got it and am confident now inside 100 and brought my score way down, thank you utube and golf channel but since i figured that out my Drive has turned into a fade and I'm strugling to get the draw back. Ha fickle game. One of the tips that really changed things was a simple trick of practicing with a club head cover under your right arm pit and hold it while you chip or pitch. Good times.
Calloway xhot2 driver
Xr 3w
Ping g irons 5-sw
Ping vault putter
Bridgestone b 330-s
Very fickle indeed. I worked very, very hard to cure a slice when I first started playing. Finally got to the point where I would hit low draws. Now that my swing is more sound it's more of a straight fade.

I was watching golf channel one day and they said a lot of pros use range time to warm up, but also see what they're hitting that day. Some days you show up and you hit a bit of a fade when you usually hit a draw, and apparently it can be the same for pros haha its definitely a challenging game, I love it though. All it takes is a handful of pured iron shots, a big drive, a nice putt for birdie, and you're hooked.
Foghorn
3/27/2017 9:52am
I had the opportunity to golf a round with Wayne Gretzky last year at Gozzer Ranch, Idaho. He has a big place there and spends most of his summers there. Met his wife but Paulina and Dustin Johnson were off on the tour somewhere. His 14 year old son Tristan joined us on the back nine. He's been golfing with Dustin a lot. Man that kid can hit a ball!

Kind of a shitty pic taken by our caddy (sun at our backs). I'll try and lighten it up sometime and frame it. Great guy and an awesome course. I think it's ranked #27 in the USA.

JAFO92
3/27/2017 9:57am
Tried to pull some of that dark out for ya. Very cool picture !

JW381
3/27/2017 10:01am
JAFO92 wrote:
Tried to pull some of that dark out for ya. Very cool picture ![img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/03/27/184148/s1200_s1200_Gretzky.jpg[/img]

Badfuckinass!
Foghorn
3/27/2017 10:04am
JAFO92 wrote:
Tried to pull some of that dark out for ya. Very cool picture ![img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/03/27/184148/s1200_s1200_Gretzky.jpg[/img]

JW381 wrote:
Badfuckinass!
Awesome. Thanks man!
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
3/27/2017 12:54pm
FLmxer wrote:
I golf a lot i am told lol and was thinking about starting a thread about it. Like what was the best tip that helped you...
Calloway xhot2 driver
Xr 3w
Ping g irons 5-sw
Ping vault putter
Bridgestone b 330-s
JW381 wrote:
Very fickle indeed. I worked very, very hard to cure a slice when I first started playing. Finally got to the point where I would hit...
Very fickle indeed. I worked very, very hard to cure a slice when I first started playing. Finally got to the point where I would hit low draws. Now that my swing is more sound it's more of a straight fade.

I was watching golf channel one day and they said a lot of pros use range time to warm up, but also see what they're hitting that day. Some days you show up and you hit a bit of a fade when you usually hit a draw, and apparently it can be the same for pros haha its definitely a challenging game, I love it though. All it takes is a handful of pured iron shots, a big drive, a nice putt for birdie, and you're hooked.
So true. Its a game of compensating. Always compansating for that particular day and how loose or tight certain areas of the body are feeling. They just built a beautiful range here at my favorite course in this area called Shell point right before Sanibel Island. It is really nice and the bermuda is flawless even right now.

Post a reply to: Let's See Your Golf Swings

The Latest