Leasing a Vehicle (Bought a Truck)

BobPA
2/5/2018 7:43am
JRT812 wrote:
Did you paint it? Looks great from the pictures
I personally did not paint it...Not a skill I want to acquire haha.
yz133rider
2/5/2018 8:16am
BobPA wrote:
Thanks for all the replies bros. I am going to take a ride today and get some general numbers and see if they have any 1-2...
Thanks for all the replies bros. I am going to take a ride today and get some general numbers and see if they have any 1-2 year old used trucks on the lot.
Don't do it. Truck prices are out of control. Paying 30k for a basic 1500 screw that.

250 per month for 3 years and 3k down is 12k total and 150 or so for the full coverage you have to have.

12k to drive for 3 years and you dont put a ton of miles. Doesnt make any sense at all.
HD1200
2/5/2018 8:19am
In regards to rust because of salt, would the all aluminum body Ford F150's be ideal? I live in the south so never had to worry much about that. I did just get a new 2018 F150 XLT with the 5.0L and love it so far.

BobPA
2/5/2018 8:33am
BobPA wrote:
Thanks for all the replies bros. I am going to take a ride today and get some general numbers and see if they have any 1-2...
Thanks for all the replies bros. I am going to take a ride today and get some general numbers and see if they have any 1-2 year old used trucks on the lot.
yz133rider wrote:
Don't do it. Truck prices are out of control. Paying 30k for a basic 1500 screw that. 250 per month for 3 years and 3k down...
Don't do it. Truck prices are out of control. Paying 30k for a basic 1500 screw that.

250 per month for 3 years and 3k down is 12k total and 150 or so for the full coverage you have to have.

12k to drive for 3 years and you dont put a ton of miles. Doesnt make any sense at all.
That is exactly what I am starting to see, my old man said the same thing. Going to look for something in the 2014-2016 range I think. Truck prices really put a dampener on your day...

The Shop

BobPA
2/5/2018 8:35am
HD1200 wrote:
In regards to rust because of salt, would the all aluminum body Ford F150's be ideal? I live in the south so never had to worry...
In regards to rust because of salt, would the all aluminum body Ford F150's be ideal? I live in the south so never had to worry much about that. I did just get a new 2018 F150 XLT with the 5.0L and love it so far.

They are on the top of my list for that very reason. I would probably go with the Ecoboost...going to drive them today.
MelonFan123
2/5/2018 9:49am
Bob - if you decide to buy over doing a lease, and seeing how you've held on to old cars for long periods up until now, I agree with OldPro and suggest you consider a Tundra. I have a 2015 Tundra that I absolutely love and they had 0% finance when I bought mine (which I have noticed they do quite often).

This is my first non-domestic truck and I will never go back. Not sure about PA, but I know certain parts of the country are still diehard "Big 3" and anything Japanese gets frowned on in the truck world - but if you're looking for long term reliability with this truck it's really no question.

But I can see how the aluminum Fords are definitely appealing since the salt is such an issue where you're at. Whatever you decide, good luck and do LOTS of research on lease info if you decide to go that way. There are a lot of variables there as opposed to a more simple purchase.
SEE ARE125
2/5/2018 10:47am
Bob - if you decide to buy over doing a lease, and seeing how you've held on to old cars for long periods up until now...
Bob - if you decide to buy over doing a lease, and seeing how you've held on to old cars for long periods up until now, I agree with OldPro and suggest you consider a Tundra. I have a 2015 Tundra that I absolutely love and they had 0% finance when I bought mine (which I have noticed they do quite often).

This is my first non-domestic truck and I will never go back. Not sure about PA, but I know certain parts of the country are still diehard "Big 3" and anything Japanese gets frowned on in the truck world - but if you're looking for long term reliability with this truck it's really no question.

But I can see how the aluminum Fords are definitely appealing since the salt is such an issue where you're at. Whatever you decide, good luck and do LOTS of research on lease info if you decide to go that way. There are a lot of variables there as opposed to a more simple purchase.
I own a 2014 Tundra and also love it. I don’t feel the least bit bad because(depending where you look) it’s either tied with the F-150, or in a close 2nd, for the most American made full size truck. Tundra and F150 are made of 70% domestic parts, RAM is at 61% and Silverado/Sierra is only 45%.
yz133rider
2/5/2018 11:08am
Bob - if you decide to buy over doing a lease, and seeing how you've held on to old cars for long periods up until now...

SEE ARE125 wrote:
I own a 2014 Tundra and also love it. I don’t feel the least bit bad because(depending where you look) it’s either tied with the F-150...
I own a 2014 Tundra and also love it. I don’t feel the least bit bad because(depending where you look) it’s either tied with the F-150, or in a close 2nd, for the most American made full size truck. Tundra and F150 are made of 70% domestic parts, RAM is at 61% and Silverado/Sierra is only 45%.
The Toyota's while hold their value and are durable the buy in price is too high for me. 4 cylinder 5 speed 2wd single cab 25k with roll up windows and still 25k. No way is that worth it. Find a low miles old man garage kept s10 for 5k and save yourself 20k. Idk new truck prices are insane to me.
2/5/2018 8:20pm
The entire truck ain’t aluminum. The bottom will still fall out of it. But your flares will look great lol.
MR. X
2/6/2018 2:08am
Krown or rust away ,the stuff works better then advertised.
BobPA
2/6/2018 8:33am

SEE ARE125 wrote:
I own a 2014 Tundra and also love it. I don’t feel the least bit bad because(depending where you look) it’s either tied with the F-150...
yz133rider wrote:
The Toyota's while hold their value and are durable the buy in price is too high for me. 4 cylinder 5 speed 2wd single cab 25k...
The Toyota's while hold their value and are durable the buy in price is too high for me. 4 cylinder 5 speed 2wd single cab 25k with roll up windows and still 25k. No way is that worth it. Find a low miles old man garage kept s10 for 5k and save yourself 20k. Idk new truck prices are insane to me.
The reason I am buying a new truck is because my current truck is way too small. Buying an S10 will not solve my problem in the slightest. Plus, a $5k truck will require work, something I am not longer doing to my vehicles haha.
BobPA
2/6/2018 8:37am

I have looked into the Tundras, and a few of my friends have them and love them. It just seems they really do not want to deal on price around here. It is almost like they know they have a good product and someone will buy it no matter what. As I have said I am not brand loyal in any form. My old man bought (well given to him for retirement) a 2008 Nissan Frontier, and it has been nothing but great. Problem is, it is starting to rust...and he takes care of it.

I have been crunching so many numbers most nights lately I am starting to forget what I have researched haha. I'll have to update my Excel sheet later tonight and run the numbers with a Tundra.
BobPA
2/6/2018 8:50am
MR. X wrote:
Krown or rust away ,the stuff works better then advertised.
When my truck was painted I pulled the bed, fuel tank, and a few other things off and chewed out all the spots that were getting a bit "scaly". I used POR-15 on the entire frame and it seems to be working well.
BobPA
2/23/2018 10:42pm
Well after a bunch of bitching and countless hours I finally pulled the trigger on a new truck. 2018 Ram 1500 Tradesman, Quad Cab, 5.7 Hemi, 8 speed.

About as plain jane as they get. Truck came with steel wheels stock. But, I got them to throw on a set of alloys PLUS got the steel wheels as a bonus. So I now have a winter, and summer tires... Along with remote start and some mud flaps. Sticker before accessories was $39k. Paid $33k and change out the door. I will snag a picture tomorrow.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
2/23/2018 11:32pm
Congrats, I found myself a smoking deal on a Ram I wanted to build last year. Got a new 2017 with a 52k sticker for well under 40k.
HD1200
2/24/2018 5:43am
BobPA wrote:
Well after a bunch of bitching and countless hours I finally pulled the trigger on a new truck. 2018 Ram 1500 Tradesman, Quad Cab, 5.7 Hemi...
Well after a bunch of bitching and countless hours I finally pulled the trigger on a new truck. 2018 Ram 1500 Tradesman, Quad Cab, 5.7 Hemi, 8 speed.

About as plain jane as they get. Truck came with steel wheels stock. But, I got them to throw on a set of alloys PLUS got the steel wheels as a bonus. So I now have a winter, and summer tires... Along with remote start and some mud flaps. Sticker before accessories was $39k. Paid $33k and change out the door. I will snag a picture tomorrow.
Congrats Bob! Now get that pic loaded, I wanna see it.
BobPA
2/24/2018 6:07am
BobPA wrote:
Well after a bunch of bitching and countless hours I finally pulled the trigger on a new truck. 2018 Ram 1500 Tradesman, Quad Cab, 5.7 Hemi...

HD1200 wrote:
Congrats Bob! Now get that pic loaded, I wanna see it.
Thank, it is quite the step up for me. Here it is about 5 minutes ago....PA is pretty dreary this time of year.

JRT812
2/24/2018 6:18am
Nice and congrats! 4x4?
BobPA
2/24/2018 6:26am
JRT812 wrote:
Nice and congrats! 4x4?
Thanks man. 4x4 with limited skip. 2WD trucks are nearly non existent up here. Damn snow.
TXDirt
2/24/2018 6:50am
Looks good.
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
2/24/2018 7:53am
Awesome truck, those 5.7s have some get up and go to em. Cool
HD1200
2/24/2018 11:25am
Very Nice!
BobPA
2/27/2018 7:37am
Thanks bros, I am absolutely loving it so far.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
2/28/2018 5:48am
You will love that motor Bob. My last big truck was a 2013 Laramie 1500 and it was fantastic. 72,000 Miles and other than a couple dealer visits within the first month for reprogramming issue on the heater it ran flawless.

Was going to chime in on the lease. To me it is all a matter of when you want to part with the money. The nice thing about a lease is you need less to get going n a brand new vehicle. You aren’t “renting” or pissing away $$$. U really are paying the same for the vehicle, just using a different way to use it. Once the lease is up you will have the residual which is the price u pay if you want to keep the truck. So if you are way down on the miles you will benifit because u can now purchase the low mileage truck for the residual amount. Really the only way you may lose out on a lease is to put very few miles on it and then turn it in at the end. If that’s the case the dealer makes out. You would have the option to sell it privately and pay off the lease to avoid that loss

Enjoy the new ride!

Post a reply to: Leasing a Vehicle (Bought a Truck)

The Latest