Laws on Shoveling Snow? Help out a non-snow Person

ohiomotoxer
11/29/2018 2:38pm
This person in my area thinks her yard is Sanford & Son. Can’t clean her yard but when it snows she shovels the walk all the way down the street.
Odd
APLMAN99
11/29/2018 6:42pm
Most municipalities that get any snow at all have these types of ordinances. I've known people who have gotten "warnings" for it, but not really fined. I know of someone who received a bill in the mail because the city had sent an inmate crew to shovel his sidewalk after he didn't respond to a couple of warnings. From what he said it was really cheap and he considered it a bargain (like $20 or less!).

I can't imagine not clearing a sidewalk in front of my home. It's just part of being a decent part of the community, to me. I would hate to think that a neighbor's elementary school aged child would end up walking in the street during a rough winter just because I didn't want to clear, or have cleared, my walk. All 4 of my kids also grew up helping out the elderly folks in our neighborhood with their snow removal as well, and I'm proud to say that they never took money for it. They always told the neighbors that instead of paying them, to drop a few extra dollars in the Salvation Army bucket or donate to the Humane Society instead......
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
11/30/2018 3:49pm
So strange. What exactly is this "snow" of which you guys speak?

The Shop

Post a reply to: Laws on Shoveling Snow? Help out a non-snow Person

The Latest