Lance Officially stripped of Tour titles

Whitey
10/22/2012 4:07am Edited Date/Time 10/24/2012 9:35am
and then basicly told to fuck off out of cycling....
|
newmann
10/22/2012 4:23am
So who officially is the winner of all of those? I mean that wasn't doping...
Whitey
10/22/2012 4:40am
newmann wrote:
This Guy,

Jefro98
10/22/2012 5:07am Edited Date/Time 10/22/2012 5:08am
yeah, dark times for the cycling sport.

I watched this very good documentory about Armstrong yesterday.
Think it gives a good idea what went on there.

https://youtu.be/Q03sc8Aoyk0
XXVoid MainXX
10/22/2012 5:40am
Does he have to give back all the money he's ever made off of cycling?

The Shop

Whitey
10/22/2012 5:49am
Does he have to give back all the money he's ever made off of cycling?
Another UCI Meeting Friday to decide if he has to hand prizmoney back and whether he will be stripped of other titles like Olympic Medals.
DoctorJD
10/22/2012 5:58am
Well, you can't go back and give it to the guys that finished 2nd because they've all tested positive (or been implicated), hell, I don't think you can even find anyone on the podium that was clean. Good article about this in "Bicycling" magazine last month. Face it, this sport is probably 95% dirty, not trying to legitimize what Armstrong (allegedly) did, but this is bigger than one man. There is a culture of doping in cycling in the modern era. Not sure what it will take to clean that sport up, but people are willing to do WHATEVER it takes to win, and consider it worth the risk to dope.
newmann
10/22/2012 6:02am
newmann wrote:
Whitey wrote:
This Guy, [img]https://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00686/tour-de-france-devi_686489n.jpg[/img]
This Guy,

Actually, he's jumping pretty high considering he's a couple thousand years old. Looks like he's raging a little bit too. Probably on something himself.Laughing
Sandberm
10/22/2012 6:33am
Jefro98 wrote:
yeah, dark times for the cycling sport. I watched this very good documentory about Armstrong yesterday. Think it gives a good idea what went on there...
yeah, dark times for the cycling sport.

I watched this very good documentory about Armstrong yesterday.
Think it gives a good idea what went on there.

https://youtu.be/Q03sc8Aoyk0
Interesting, thanks for shareing that.
Racer92
10/22/2012 6:41am Edited Date/Time 10/22/2012 7:19am
Yep, for sure. The guy passed the tests they had in place at the time. This whole thing is like a bunch of old retired Goodyear tire employees coming forward saying that AJ Foyt was running cheater tires and they should take AJs Indy wins away. Total BS deal.

Whats even more screwed up is how some people on these boards are actually all giddy and happy all this is all coming down. Pretty messed up if you ask me.
Rooster
10/22/2012 7:55am
Today is a proud day for me. I have finally achieved my lifetime goal of earning as many tour de france titles as Lance Armstrong.

I didn't think it was going to be possible at my advanced age, so thank you Lance. You've helped me realize a dream.
vet323
10/22/2012 8:07am
I think it's amazing that Greg LeMond has stayed pretty quiet about this. He's like the Hank Aaron of cycling.
flarider
10/22/2012 9:21am
He had multi-million dollar insurance policies on winning, like pro MX'rs do.
Now, he didn't win, he was stripped of his wins, they were vacated, now he owes that money back to the insurance companies, not to mention it could be said he knowingly engaged in insurance fraud.

He also used public funds, as a team principal of the USPS team, to engage in illegal acts and illegal drug use/trafficking.
10/22/2012 9:37am
Rooster wrote:
Today is a proud day for me. I have finally achieved my lifetime goal of earning as many tour de france titles as Lance Armstrong. I...
Today is a proud day for me. I have finally achieved my lifetime goal of earning as many tour de france titles as Lance Armstrong.

I didn't think it was going to be possible at my advanced age, so thank you Lance. You've helped me realize a dream.
Ha ha. Awesome.
flarider
10/22/2012 10:57am
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/20029617

Lance Armstrong asked to repay $7.5m bonus to insurance firm

By Simon Austin
BBC Sport
A Texas insurance company will demand the return of $7.5m in bonuses from cyclist Lance Armstrong on Monday.
SCA Promotions covered a performance bonus paid to the American after he won his sixth Tour de France in 2004.
Now the International Cycling Union (UCI) has stripped Armstrong of his seven Tour titles, SCA will demand the money back from Armstrong.
SCA's lawyer Jeffrey M. Tillotson told BBC Sport: "We will make a formal demand for return of funds."
He added: "If this is not successful, we will initiate formal legal proceedings against Mr Armstrong in five business days (Monday 29 October)."
The insurance policy was taken out by Tailwind Sports, the then owner of the US Postal team, to cover performance bonuses that would be due to Armstrong if he won the Tour.
SCA refused to pay out the money because it argued Armstrong was not a clean rider.
Armstrong took legal action against the company and won, because the contract between the parties stipulated that the money would be payable if Armstrong was the "official winner" of the Tours from 2004 to 2006.
The company was forced to pay money relating to the bonus of $5m, plus $2.5m in interest and legal fees.
SCA will now attempt to recover that sum from Armstrong.
Tillotson added: "This is not a happy day for my client, but he feels Lance Armstrong has brought this upon himself."
On Monday, the UCI ratified the decision of the US Anti-Doping Agency (Usada) to strip Armstrong of his seven Tour titles - meaning the Texan can no longer be considered the "official winner" of those titles.
Usada had uncovered evidence that Armstrong was involved in "the most sophisticated, professionalised and successful doping programme" in the history of sport.
ocscottie
10/22/2012 11:31am
Oakley, his last remaining sponsor, has now also terminated his contract.
ocscottie
10/22/2012 12:24pm
Saw this comment on one of the articles i read, guess it should be asked, did Lance cause his own cancer?

Over six years ago, according to a "Sports Illustrated" writer, former Armstrong teammate Frankie Andreu testified that while visiting Armstrong in the hospital for treatment of testicular cancer in 1996, Armstrong told his oncologist that he had used “steroids, testosterone, cortisone, growth hormone and EPO [an illegal performance-enhancing drug].” The Sports Illustrated columnist wrote, "“Which testimony is more credible? Andreus’ or Armstrong’s? Ask yourself which party had the most to gain by lying. And why is that particular testimony significant? Because one of the possible side effects of prolonged steroid use is testicular cancer.”
Could Lance Armstrong be responsible for his cancer?
steed 2.0
10/22/2012 12:30pm
ocscottie wrote:
Saw this comment on one of the articles i read, guess it should be asked, did Lance cause his own cancer? [i]Over six years ago, according...
Saw this comment on one of the articles i read, guess it should be asked, did Lance cause his own cancer?

Over six years ago, according to a "Sports Illustrated" writer, former Armstrong teammate Frankie Andreu testified that while visiting Armstrong in the hospital for treatment of testicular cancer in 1996, Armstrong told his oncologist that he had used “steroids, testosterone, cortisone, growth hormone and EPO [an illegal performance-enhancing drug].” The Sports Illustrated columnist wrote, "“Which testimony is more credible? Andreus’ or Armstrong’s? Ask yourself which party had the most to gain by lying. And why is that particular testimony significant? Because one of the possible side effects of prolonged steroid use is testicular cancer.”
Could Lance Armstrong be responsible for his cancer?
watch the docu min 23:40, the irony doping cause cancer
ocscottie
10/22/2012 12:32pm
I tried, it was taken down due to copywrite bullshit!
ocscottie
10/22/2012 12:35pm
From THIS article at bicycling.com

Shortly after the announcement, Bicycling caught up with some of the sport’s top team managers for their reaction to the news.

Cyrille Guimard, former team manager who directed riders to seven Tour de France titles, from 1976 to 1984:

“So Lance Armstrong has been stripped of all of his victories. OK, that’s fine; he clearly doped. But he was not alone: There’s a whole mafia-like system in cycling that facilitates doping, and we have to get to the bottom of it, even if it touches the highest level of the UCI. OK, Armstrong doped, but what about the money laundering? What about the rest of the Italian investigation in Padua?

“We need to put in place a system of amnesty so that everyone can come clean and we can truly start from scratch, because the real problem is, where do we go from here? We have to go to the end. Armstrong is not the only Tour winner who doped. We will have to go back to Indurain, and perhaps even beyond.

“Right now there is so much hypocrisy. You have a guy like Levi Leipheimer who speaks honestly about his doping, and he not only gets suspended but he also loses his job. That’s a sort of double indemnity—and it’s scandalous! Mr. Lefevere [Leipheimer’s boss at Quick-Step who recently terminated Leipheimer’s contract] has been involved in some ‘affairs’ himself and it is just scandalous that he fires Leipheimer. He just did it to make money for hiring Mark Cavendish. That’s wrong.”
ocscottie
10/22/2012 12:42pm
Speaking of Levi, check out this article in the mercury news HERE

Can/should we believe him? I would like to, but it is hard after they all lived the lie all those years, Levi truly seems like a really good dude though, always has.
ocscottie
10/22/2012 12:46pm
steed 2.0 wrote:
watch the docu min 23:40, the irony doping cause cancer
OH did you mean the one you posted above? or the one back on the 1st page about Lance, that is the one that was taken down, ill check this one out. I also watched a ESPN film about the Olympic drug scandal w/ the sprinter Ben Johnson, that was some crazy shit!
flarider
10/22/2012 12:50pm
Marion Jones never failed a drug test
bsm121
10/22/2012 1:03pm
If there was a culture of corruption and everyone was involved, how did they decide who got popped?

Was it those who were not willing to be extorted?
Jefro98
10/22/2012 1:16pm
ocscottie wrote:
OH did you mean the one you posted above? or the one back on the 1st page about Lance, that is the one that was taken...
OH did you mean the one you posted above? or the one back on the 1st page about Lance, that is the one that was taken down, ill check this one out. I also watched a ESPN film about the Olympic drug scandal w/ the sprinter Ben Johnson, that was some crazy shit!
Scottie,
Follow this link. You can view the seperate interviews where the documentory was based on:

[url]http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-10-15/the-world-according-to-lance-key-…]
Sandy Rutz
10/22/2012 2:07pm
ocscottie wrote:
[img]https://s.telegraph.co.uk/graphics/hotspotgraphics/497armstrong/assets/4508lanceArmstrong.jpg[/img]
Looks like a pretty level playing field to me...... Everyone brought a gun to a gun fight....?
Jefro98
10/22/2012 2:08pm
ocscottie wrote:
Gotcha thx. Im reading a long interview with Levi that is really good, intense stuff, from threats from Lance to the whole no choice but to...
Gotcha thx. Im reading a long interview with Levi that is really good, intense stuff, from threats from Lance to the whole no choice but to tell the truth when he was subpoenaed, heavy shit!

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20121016/ARTICLES/121019643/1350?p…
Just read the interview. Good read.
Sandy Rutz
10/22/2012 2:09pm
And on the subject of doping, does anyone really believe that past moto champions were all clean....?

Post a reply to: Lance Officially stripped of Tour titles

The Latest