Labor Day Weekend!!

Chance1216
9/1/2022 2:44pm Edited Date/Time 9/6/2022 6:43pm
Any of you guys doing anything cool for the extended weekend?
After dealing with a tragedy, starting tomorrow, I’ll be spending the next 4 days salmon fishing to clear my mind a bit.
Whatcha got?!?!

|
FLmxer
9/1/2022 2:51pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2022 2:52pm
You deserve it brother. Looks amazing.
Searights
9/1/2022 3:05pm
That looks awesome, Chance! EnjoySmile
Joey_Bridges
9/1/2022 3:09pm
Our usual weekend routine.
Head over to the cabin in N.C. tomorrow night.
Watch the sun come up Saturday morning.
Go for a quick hike before the Tomac/Sexton battle commences.
Then tromp around in the woods for a few days.

colintrax
9/1/2022 3:11pm
That's a beautiful view Chance.

Supposed to rain all weekend, but I got a date and I'll head out to the shooting range at some point.

The Shop

colintrax
9/1/2022 3:12pm
That's a beautiful view Chance.

Supposed to rain all weekend, but I got a date and I'll head out to the shooting range at some point.
bichwolf
9/1/2022 3:18pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2022 3:19pm
In the water. Enjoy everyone

bichwolf
9/1/2022 3:42pm
Our usual weekend routine. Head over to the cabin in N.C. tomorrow night. Watch the sun come up Saturday morning. Go for a quick hike before...

Looks like Hawks Bill maybe?
Enjoy!
Joey_Bridges
9/1/2022 3:44pm
Our usual weekend routine. Head over to the cabin in N.C. tomorrow night. Watch the sun come up Saturday morning. Go for a quick hike before...

bichwolf wrote:
Looks like Hawks Bill maybe?
Enjoy!
It is.
Our place is on table rock rd on the way into the gorge.

Photo is taken from the sitting bear outcropping.
bichwolf
9/1/2022 4:21pm
Very nice. First time I hiked into the gorge was 1977.
KennyT
9/1/2022 6:24pm
Chance1216 wrote:
Any of you guys doing anything cool for the extended weekend? After dealing with a tragedy, starting tomorrow, I’ll be spending the next 4 days salmon...
Any of you guys doing anything cool for the extended weekend?
After dealing with a tragedy, starting tomorrow, I’ll be spending the next 4 days salmon fishing to clear my mind a bit.
Whatcha got?!?!

That looks like heaven.

I will def get out on my street bike but will really need to plan out my ride. Coastal is the best bet to stay somewhat cool but it’s going to be a zoo down here with the hot inland temps. My inland rides are in those hills in the same vicinity as Pala and riding in 100+ isn’t my favorite thing to do. There are some pretty awesome roads between the Ocean and I/15 and I’ll most likely stick to those. Maybe hit the beach areas towards the end of the day when some of the swimmers head back home. As long as I can get some riding in I’ll be a happy guy
Chance1216
9/1/2022 6:44pm
KennyT wrote:
That looks like heaven. I will def get out on my street bike but will really need to plan out my ride. Coastal is the best...
That looks like heaven.

I will def get out on my street bike but will really need to plan out my ride. Coastal is the best bet to stay somewhat cool but it’s going to be a zoo down here with the hot inland temps. My inland rides are in those hills in the same vicinity as Pala and riding in 100+ isn’t my favorite thing to do. There are some pretty awesome roads between the Ocean and I/15 and I’ll most likely stick to those. Maybe hit the beach areas towards the end of the day when some of the swimmers head back home. As long as I can get some riding in I’ll be a happy guy
Getting out on my bike clears my mind as well. I’ll have to change the fluids and, air filter first. After my short work week coming up as I’ll be sitting at home, I’ll be dusting the old girl off.
PNWMXer
9/1/2022 6:55pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2022 6:59pm
Awesome to hear that you’re able to get out and decompress. You’ve been through a lot.

Tomorrow just hanging out with the mrs and getting something to throw on the smoker on Monday (got a new to me offset, ready for some slow-cooked goodness lol).

Saturday headed to a surprise 50th for a buddy.

Sunday headed to Horn Rapids for a day of moto with some friends.

Monday, clean the bike, smoke some pork or beef, and hang out before going back to work.

Might tear into the road bike. Found the oil filter with a bunch of metal in it…lovely lol

Chance1216
9/1/2022 7:09pm
PNWMXer wrote:
Awesome to hear that you’re able to get out and decompress. You’ve been through a lot. Tomorrow just hanging out with the mrs and getting something...
Awesome to hear that you’re able to get out and decompress. You’ve been through a lot.

Tomorrow just hanging out with the mrs and getting something to throw on the smoker on Monday (got a new to me offset, ready for some slow-cooked goodness lol).

Monday, clean the bike, smoke some pork or beef, and hang out before going back to work.

Might tear into the road bike. Found the oil filter with a bunch of metal in it…lovely lol

We’ll have to meet up sometime. You’re not too far from me. I’ll give you some salmon to throw on that smoker.
crowe660
9/1/2022 7:17pm
Northern Michigan, canoeing and a pistol.

PNWMXer
9/1/2022 7:31pm
PNWMXer wrote:
Awesome to hear that you’re able to get out and decompress. You’ve been through a lot. Tomorrow just hanging out with the mrs and getting something...

Chance1216 wrote:
We’ll have to meet up sometime. You’re not too far from me. I’ll give you some salmon to throw on that smoker.
Absolutely! Got stuff going on through mid-September, after that maybe a fall trail ride or some fishing?
Chance1216
9/1/2022 7:53pm
PNWMXer wrote:

Chance1216 wrote:
PNWMXer wrote:
Absolutely! Got stuff going on through mid-September, after that maybe a fall trail ride or some fishing?
Salmon fishing goes into November. I have extra gear. I’ll hook you up (pun intended 😉). I’m up for riding as well.
I’ll even break out the trail set up 😂

wwdiii
9/1/2022 8:39pm
My wife has drove me crazy. I think I’ll just run around with my underwire on my head!!!

Pit Row

TeamGreen
9/1/2022 9:33pm
Hang around the beach w/ my girls and maybe catch practice/qual at Pala on Sat morn and then bee-line home to watch it on the tube while I bar-b-q.
SEEMEFIRST
9/1/2022 10:05pm
I'm supposed to birthday Sunday, but everyone can save it for kids who care.
Chance1216
9/1/2022 10:17pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
I'm supposed to birthday Sunday, but everyone can save it for kids who care.
Have a happy birthday man. My wife’s is Monday and, mine will be on Thursday.
SEEMEFIRST
9/1/2022 10:47pm
Well happy to y'all.
I guess we know what our folks were doing on new years eve.
swordfish
9/2/2022 4:39am
Teaching MSF Offroad course Saturday and Sunday. Cottage Sunday night and riding Monday.

sumdood
9/2/2022 7:30am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2022 7:31am
I should hang out and be prepared if someone calls about their pool, it's "The big hoorah end of the summer weekend", it's going to be hot af and everyone will be swimming.
I should hang around to help my wife babysit out daughters 100lb puppy that we have for the weekend.
I should be available because we have my wife's sister and family staying at our house. They park in front in their motorhome, so it's a game to jockey cars around on the most crowded weekend there is so they have a place to park. Only issue there is they are the absolute WORST when it comes to communication, they might show up Friday night, Saturday morning or afternoon, we never know. They don't text or call they're always "So busy" So we're always in limbo wondering wtf their schedule is. Frustrating as hell, but they're her family, it's once a year, so I stay quiet and deal....
I should work around the house, it's been a super busy summer, there's swimming pool crap in every corner of my yard, the place is overgrown, the bikes need to be started before they gum up, the camper needs prepping etc. etc.

And I should probably get my head examined because I'm thinking about shining all that and going to Pala.... LaughingLaughing
LoudLove
9/2/2022 8:02am
The moral of this topic: sure, things could be a little bit better, but they could be one helluva lot worse!

Have a great weekend, gents!
sleeve1
9/2/2022 8:11am
Gonna do some walleye fishing with my son and work on stuff around the house. It'll be a low key weekend.
9/2/2022 11:51am
sumdood wrote:
I should hang out and be prepared if someone calls about their pool, it's "The big hoorah end of the summer weekend", it's going to be...
I should hang out and be prepared if someone calls about their pool, it's "The big hoorah end of the summer weekend", it's going to be hot af and everyone will be swimming.
I should hang around to help my wife babysit out daughters 100lb puppy that we have for the weekend.
I should be available because we have my wife's sister and family staying at our house. They park in front in their motorhome, so it's a game to jockey cars around on the most crowded weekend there is so they have a place to park. Only issue there is they are the absolute WORST when it comes to communication, they might show up Friday night, Saturday morning or afternoon, we never know. They don't text or call they're always "So busy" So we're always in limbo wondering wtf their schedule is. Frustrating as hell, but they're her family, it's once a year, so I stay quiet and deal....
I should work around the house, it's been a super busy summer, there's swimming pool crap in every corner of my yard, the place is overgrown, the bikes need to be started before they gum up, the camper needs prepping etc. etc.

And I should probably get my head examined because I'm thinking about shining all that and going to Pala.... LaughingLaughing
GO TO PALA!!!

and send pics
LOOnatic
9/2/2022 1:39pm
About to change oil and air filter in ye ol 2 stroke.
Finally dried out enough to rip lots of singletrack in south Mississippi.
Gonna swim, bbq and drink plenty of beers after.
Enjoy the days off bros!
(Yes I even mean you lefty types on here)
CoolSilly

Post a reply to: Labor Day Weekend!!

The Latest

The Latest