Know anyone that caught CV?

Idaho747
12/2/2020 8:54am
Wife and I both are on the tail end of the sickness. She has a pretty nasty cough and headaches and normal flu like symptoms.

I have a small cough and mild flulike symptoms. The only thing that’s really hurting me is the exhaustion.
12/2/2020 8:57am
Seems to be more exposed you are the longer the immunity is lasting. Healthcare workers showing higher amount of antibodies for longer.

Now this is where I’ll get a lot of hate: I’m asking this question. Does quarantining really help? Or are we just reducing exposure and losing immunity ? Are we doomed to continue these spikes through lockdowns every 6 months ? Or should we go about our lives like normal. if the world was significantly getting wiped out...I wouldn’t ask that question.

Viral > resp infection > pneumonia > death. that pathway isn’t exclusive of covid19, many viruses / diseases / ailments / bacteria (whatever you want to pick) get you to that same point.

I don’t know what the answer is. Neither does anyone else. I’ve never tested positive. I’ve never tested for antibodies because I don’t care. It’s not going to change anything. Could I have had it ? Sure maybe. I’ve had a lot of same symptoms people report when I was in massachussetts. But tested negative after the mission. How did I take care of a flurry of covid+ (to the tune of 180+ For 8 hours a day 5 days a week with 2 rest days and never get it ? Not sure! )

I get a lot of hate for not caring about people that are high risk. It’s not that I don’t care it’s that I’ve got 15,000+ hours in intensive care experience and I’ve seen the healthiest of the healthy die and the sickest of the sick hang on and survive of MANY MANY diseases/complications. There’s no easy answer. It’s about trends and reducing your personal risk best you can. And we are all human. Humans die. Some young, some old. Some in the womb, some at 100 years old. We die.
TXDirt
12/2/2020 9:17am
Thanks for the well wishes moto bro's. I appreciate it.

I'm definitely feeling like garbage today. We did buy the oxygen test thing that goes on the finger. My wife is at 99-100%. I'm at 96% currently.
12/2/2020 3:40pm
JWACK wrote:
I had the cold sweats last night something fierce.. Wow I say.! Had to change the bed sheets In the middle of the night because they...
I had the cold sweats last night something fierce.. Wow I say.! Had to change the bed sheets In the middle of the night because they were absolutely soaked. Good news is I woke this morning with no fever though so maybe it broke. Hope so anyway.
Chest is a bit heavy but have only a minor dry cough. Feels as if a bowling ball is resting on my chest. Body aches are not as bad today. Still have my taste and smell. Still have an appetite.

I will say it’s not as bad as when I broke both my back and pelvis and then got the flu in the same week! That was ROUGH!
But that’s a different story. Lol

That's exactly how I felt after I had been working with covid patients. My swab was negative, but I didn't get swabbed until my symptoms were mostly gone. It was just about four or five days for me.

I woke up to take care of my newborn at one point in the middle of the night and I was lucky my wife got up too. I had to pass the baby off to her because I was about to pass out and I was drenched in sweat

The Shop

SKIDLID
Fantasy
761st
12/2/2020 4:29pm
Seems to be more exposed you are the longer the immunity is lasting. Healthcare workers showing higher amount of antibodies for longer. Now this is where...
Seems to be more exposed you are the longer the immunity is lasting. Healthcare workers showing higher amount of antibodies for longer.

Now this is where I’ll get a lot of hate: I’m asking this question. Does quarantining really help? Or are we just reducing exposure and losing immunity ? Are we doomed to continue these spikes through lockdowns every 6 months ? Or should we go about our lives like normal. if the world was significantly getting wiped out...I wouldn’t ask that question.

Viral > resp infection > pneumonia > death. that pathway isn’t exclusive of covid19, many viruses / diseases / ailments / bacteria (whatever you want to pick) get you to that same point.

I don’t know what the answer is. Neither does anyone else. I’ve never tested positive. I’ve never tested for antibodies because I don’t care. It’s not going to change anything. Could I have had it ? Sure maybe. I’ve had a lot of same symptoms people report when I was in massachussetts. But tested negative after the mission. How did I take care of a flurry of covid+ (to the tune of 180+ For 8 hours a day 5 days a week with 2 rest days and never get it ? Not sure! )

I get a lot of hate for not caring about people that are high risk. It’s not that I don’t care it’s that I’ve got 15,000+ hours in intensive care experience and I’ve seen the healthiest of the healthy die and the sickest of the sick hang on and survive of MANY MANY diseases/complications. There’s no easy answer. It’s about trends and reducing your personal risk best you can. And we are all human. Humans die. Some young, some old. Some in the womb, some at 100 years old. We die.
I feel the same as you. I am sure my opinion will draw hate from many.
12/2/2020 5:05pm
Seems to be more exposed you are the longer the immunity is lasting. Healthcare workers showing higher amount of antibodies for longer. Now this is where...

How many other viruses do you think come through each year that we don't even identify and we just treat the symptoms? The most fragile in our society perish, just like we are seeing here. I read that the total deaths for the year in America is right on pace with what it usually is anyway.

Meanwhile I'm about to go on another covid travel adventure. This time for 13 weeks. Woof!
12/2/2020 5:28pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2020 5:29pm

How many other viruses do you think come through each year that we don't even identify and we just treat the symptoms? The most fragile in...
How many other viruses do you think come through each year that we don't even identify and we just treat the symptoms? The most fragile in our society perish, just like we are seeing here. I read that the total deaths for the year in America is right on pace with what it usually is anyway.

Meanwhile I'm about to go on another covid travel adventure. This time for 13 weeks. Woof!
Thousands. I was hospitalized for respiratory distress for 7 days about 5 years ago. Virus of unknown origin. Whipped my ass hard. Breathing treatments every 4 hours. Legit took me 7 days to recover inpatient. The country wasn’t locked down then. And I was 5 years younger with a healthy bangin immune system.... we just don’t know. Shit kills us.
Timo_2824
12/2/2020 10:23pm
How many other viruses do you think come through each year that we don't even identify and we just treat the symptoms? The most fragile in...

This was as of October from the CDC, not sure what social media source you're getting information from... "So far this year, 2.39 million Americans have died of all causes. At the same point in both 2018 and 2019, it was 2.17 million. The difference nearly matches the reported number of COVID-19 victims."
12/3/2020 9:21am Edited Date/Time 12/3/2020 9:27am
Timo_2824 wrote:
This was as of October from the CDC, not sure what social media source you're getting information from... "So far this year, 2.39 million Americans have...
This was as of October from the CDC, not sure what social media source you're getting information from... "So far this year, 2.39 million Americans have died of all causes. At the same point in both 2018 and 2019, it was 2.17 million. The difference nearly matches the reported number of COVID-19 victims."
It wasn't facebook. I originally saw it posted here. It was a real research article. 2014, 2015, and 2016 had 2.6-2.7 million deaths each year, so we're still really not that far off from that. It doesn't really matter though. People's heads might explode though if they list the cause of death as pnuemonoa instead of covid-19 for all these deaths.
Chance1216
12/3/2020 10:02am
My daughter is getting tested today. Body aches, slight fever, dry cough, sore throat. She’s already had Covid once before and was just getting over the fatigue that lingered.
G-man
12/3/2020 10:16am
TXDirt wrote:
Thanks for the well wishes moto bro's. I appreciate it. I'm definitely feeling like garbage today. We did buy the oxygen test thing that goes on...

I'm definitely feeling like garbage today. We did buy the oxygen test thing that goes on the finger. My wife is at 99-100%. I'm at 96% currently.
How come you didn't answer my questions?
Shocked
musrat88
12/3/2020 11:18am
Chance1216 wrote:
My daughter is getting tested today. Body aches, slight fever, dry cough, sore throat. She’s already had Covid once before and was just getting over the...
My daughter is getting tested today. Body aches, slight fever, dry cough, sore throat. She’s already had Covid once before and was just getting over the fatigue that lingered.
I am pretty sure it's flu season so she may have the flu. I hope she gets to feeling better.
Chance1216
12/3/2020 11:39am
Chance1216 wrote:
My daughter is getting tested today. Body aches, slight fever, dry cough, sore throat. She’s already had Covid once before and was just getting over the...
musrat88 wrote:
I am pretty sure it's flu season so she may have the flu. I hope she gets to feeling better.
Thanks. Hoping that’s all it is. Can’t help but to be a little concerned as a parent.
TXDirt
12/3/2020 12:46pm
TXDirt wrote:
Thanks for the well wishes moto bro's. I appreciate it. I'm definitely feeling like garbage today. We did buy the oxygen test thing that goes on...

G-man wrote:
How come you didn't answer my questions?
Shocked
Sorry man. Let me go take a look. I thought I did.
TXDirt
12/3/2020 1:01pm
TXDirt wrote:
I tested positive yesterday (Tuesday). Probably safe to assume my whole family has it. I’ve had a mild headache, body ache, fever, chills, nauseous, stuffy nose...
I tested positive yesterday (Tuesday). Probably safe to assume my whole family has it. I’ve had a mild headache, body ache, fever, chills, nauseous, stuffy nose. Chest aches and definitely feels like I can’t get enough oxygen in each breath. I’ve had multiple lung surgeries about 20 years ago and that puts me the high risk category. The struggling to breath has me thinking about the ER at times. But I’m still just trying to grind it out.

I’ll be quarantined now for ten days.
G-man wrote:
Sorry to hear that, hope you get better soon. Do you have any idea how you got it, have you been going to work? How do...
Sorry to hear that, hope you get better soon.
Do you have any idea how you got it, have you been going to work?

How do you quarantine yourself from your family?

I've been going to work the whole time and with Jan just having her 12th Chemo session yesterday I've been concerned I get it and give it to her....
I believe I may have gotten it from my kids. Who probably got it from school. Not totally sure. We have been wearing masks for months. And the amount of hand washing and hand sanitizer has bordered on insanity. We still couldn’t escape it.

I have gone out shopping several times. Including Black Friday. So maybe I got it then.... just can’t be sure.

My kids have had very mild symptoms and they have been different symptoms. Really nothing you would have said oh maybe they have Covid.

I’m doing my best to stay quarantined from the family but yeah that’s pretty much impossible.
G-man
12/3/2020 1:44pm
TXDirt wrote:
I believe I may have gotten it from my kids. Who probably got it from school. Not totally sure. We have been wearing masks for months...
I believe I may have gotten it from my kids. Who probably got it from school. Not totally sure. We have been wearing masks for months. And the amount of hand washing and hand sanitizer has bordered on insanity. We still couldn’t escape it.

I have gone out shopping several times. Including Black Friday. So maybe I got it then.... just can’t be sure.

My kids have had very mild symptoms and they have been different symptoms. Really nothing you would have said oh maybe they have Covid.

I’m doing my best to stay quarantined from the family but yeah that’s pretty much impossible.
Thanks, hope you guys get better soon.
12/3/2020 5:06pm
It’s clearly everywhere. No way to track where you’re getting it from. Only can guess.

Places people aren’t getting it:

Hospitals
Walmart
Air planes

Places people are getting it:
Churches
Family gatherings
Gyms

12/4/2020 12:14am Edited Date/Time 12/4/2020 12:14am
It’s clearly everywhere. No way to track where you’re getting it from. Only can guess. Places people aren’t getting it: Hospitals Walmart Air planes Places people...
It’s clearly everywhere. No way to track where you’re getting it from. Only can guess.

Places people aren’t getting it:

Hospitals
Walmart
Air planes

Places people are getting it:
Churches
Family gatherings
Gyms

It would never happen, but it would be interesting if they were to close down the non essential half of the Wal Mart Super Centers. That would make sense.
OG725
12/4/2020 4:17am
I've had four friends die this year, two from heart attacks and two from car accidents after falling asleep at the wheel.

12/4/2020 8:07am
OG725 wrote:
I've had four friends die this year, two from heart attacks and two from car accidents after falling asleep at the wheel.

Wonder how much of that was to blame because anxiety. Many claiming their sleep quality if sleep is bad since pandemic started.
alphado
12/4/2020 8:53am
County Nursing Home here has 225 residents. 96 are positive, 20 have already died. Bringing in the National Guard to help.
12/4/2020 9:55am
alphado wrote:
County Nursing Home here has 225 residents. 96 are positive, 20 have already died. Bringing in the National Guard to help.
If you still got my number call me sometime.
spimx
12/4/2020 10:00am
Here on the Mexican border one hospital had 3 refrigerated trucks and one had 2. The smaller hospital has a normal morgue capacity of 15 and at one point they had 70 bodies throughout the trucks and the morgue and I did see at one point a body just sitting in the hallway with no where to put it.

The fire department I work at was severely crippled with personnel sick. One guy got covid and had a stroke and now he can not swallow food. Another guy had covid then suffered a heart attach and now has dementia. Another guy has permanent heart damage and another had permanent lung damage and they are both younger than 40 they are quitting because of it. We have 10 stations thank god no paramedics or firefighters died but I know some nurses and doctors did die in our area.
Dixon893
12/4/2020 11:11am
Wife got it a month ago works in a hospital started with a headache, fever, head cold and fatigue no smell or taste she is 39 and healthy. Took her about a week to recover she was back to work in 8 day.

She has been working the Covid floor non critical, 100 or so patients the majority are elderly or with comorbidities. She feels staffing is playing a roll the patients outcome, some are laying in bed for days which is affecting the recovery process or lack of recovery. Before Covid hospital staffing was at questionable levels now it has went nuclear.

This is a modern day gold rush for these health care systems with this covid and all the government reimbursement. If this was something they wanted to get a handle on they would be calling in the natl guard putting up community tent hospitals like in March to handle the over load. They have since figured out the system now instead they are jamming them into every available space." never waist a good crisis" HRC

I'm a believer this is real, elderly and people with comorbidities and those random unlucky soles are going to struggle with recovery and may die the truth is we all are going to at some point cant pick the path.
12/4/2020 1:14pm
TXDirt wrote:
I tested positive yesterday (Tuesday). Probably safe to assume my whole family has it. I’ve had a mild headache, body ache, fever, chills, nauseous, stuffy nose...
I tested positive yesterday (Tuesday). Probably safe to assume my whole family has it. I’ve had a mild headache, body ache, fever, chills, nauseous, stuffy nose. Chest aches and definitely feels like I can’t get enough oxygen in each breath. I’ve had multiple lung surgeries about 20 years ago and that puts me the high risk category. The struggling to breath has me thinking about the ER at times. But I’m still just trying to grind it out.

I’ll be quarantined now for ten days.
If you feel like you are having a hard time breathing, go to the ER, especially given your past surgeries. Hoping for the best for you and your family.
musrat88
12/4/2020 1:15pm
OG725 wrote:

Sorry to hear that bud. 2020 can kiss my ass!
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
12/4/2020 8:01pm
Our longtime tenant just tested positive. She’s a young lady in her early 30’s and not in the best of health and has rented our spare bed/bathroom for the last 6 years. Been through 3 surgeries in the 6 years she’s lived with us. She’s a trainer for girls soccer and they took a trip to AZ over the thanksgiving weekend for a tournament. She rode n a Suburban with 7-8 girls. So 3 of those girls had positive test (The team has frequent testing) and Courtney just got her results this morning and it was positive. No symptoms so far. She’s a part of the family and I’m not really sure how to proceed. I don’t want to tell her to stay out of my sight but I also don’t want to contact it and be a carrier myself. For now we’re just being extra careful and will limit who comes by the house. My moms bummed out, she’s 85 and lonely but I can’t have her over here or me go over there for the time being
holyroller1
Fantasy
350th
12/5/2020 12:25pm
Our household has it. Daughter got it first, about 5 days ago. Wife tested positive 3 days ago me 2 days ago.

Daughter is mid 20's - cough, sore throat, fever, slight aches and pains, no taste/smell
Wife and I are mid-upper 40's - cough, sore throat, fever(100-102), aches and pains, no taste/smell

We made a game of trying to smell stinking stuff. I absolutely despise the smell of vinegar. I had to put my nose in the bottle to even get a hint of the smell.

12/5/2020 12:36pm
Dixon893 wrote:
Wife got it a month ago works in a hospital started with a headache, fever, head cold and fatigue no smell or taste she is 39...
Wife got it a month ago works in a hospital started with a headache, fever, head cold and fatigue no smell or taste she is 39 and healthy. Took her about a week to recover she was back to work in 8 day.

She has been working the Covid floor non critical, 100 or so patients the majority are elderly or with comorbidities. She feels staffing is playing a roll the patients outcome, some are laying in bed for days which is affecting the recovery process or lack of recovery. Before Covid hospital staffing was at questionable levels now it has went nuclear.

This is a modern day gold rush for these health care systems with this covid and all the government reimbursement. If this was something they wanted to get a handle on they would be calling in the natl guard putting up community tent hospitals like in March to handle the over load. They have since figured out the system now instead they are jamming them into every available space." never waist a good crisis" HRC

I'm a believer this is real, elderly and people with comorbidities and those random unlucky soles are going to struggle with recovery and may die the truth is we all are going to at some point cant pick the path.
They’re still trying to run staffing numbers like there isn’t a pandemic. So the last 6 months when the hosptials were empty....hospitals down staffed. And cut numbers when they could of been ramping up.

Management if the system burned nurses out before and now during a pandemic with people quitting and fed up with it, management just say well pandemic. Sorry. 6 to 1 nurse ratio in the icu. (What do you think happens then? The nurses quit, turnover remains high.)

This is a multifaceted problem. But for years If the icu wasnt 85% full they weren’t making money. These units are still staffing to grids pre pandemic. Not the smartest thing to do if you’re truly worried about being overrun.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
12/5/2020 7:31pm
Our household has it. Daughter got it first, about 5 days ago. Wife tested positive 3 days ago me 2 days ago. Daughter is mid 20's...
Our household has it. Daughter got it first, about 5 days ago. Wife tested positive 3 days ago me 2 days ago.

Daughter is mid 20's - cough, sore throat, fever, slight aches and pains, no taste/smell
Wife and I are mid-upper 40's - cough, sore throat, fever(100-102), aches and pains, no taste/smell

We made a game of trying to smell stinking stuff. I absolutely despise the smell of vinegar. I had to put my nose in the bottle to even get a hint of the smell.

Sorry to hear your family is sick. Hopefully your symptoms do not worsen. Best of luck to you all

Post a reply to: Know anyone that caught CV?

The Latest