Know anyone that caught CV?

Chance1216
11/24/2020 8:14am
I tried getting out for squid fishing but, ended up leaving because people can’t seem to understand social distancing.
dean122
11/24/2020 4:50pm
Type O just means your less likely, but you can still get it. I'm Type O Neg, had it and got through it. It's also been 10+ years since I've had the flu and don't get flu shots, plus no spleen.
JWACK
11/27/2020 3:56pm
I just got my positive test result.
Tuesday felt ok.
Wednesday morning woke up with a killer headache and body aches like I had done a high speed rag doll.

Haven’t been anywhere but work and home for the last two weeks. Haven’t even gotten gas.

Have a fever and chills. But minor congestion.
Not cool!
Chance1216
11/27/2020 4:42pm
JWACK wrote:
I just got my positive test result. Tuesday felt ok. Wednesday morning woke up with a killer headache and body aches like I had done a...
Tuesday felt ok.
Wednesday morning woke up with a killer headache and body aches like I had done a high speed rag doll.

Haven’t been anywhere but work and home for the last two weeks. Haven’t even gotten gas.

Not cool!
Sorry to hear that man. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

The Shop

JWACK
11/27/2020 5:20pm
JWACK wrote:
I just got my positive test result. Tuesday felt ok. Wednesday morning woke up with a killer headache and body aches like I had done a...
Tuesday felt ok.

Not cool!
Chance1216 wrote:
Sorry to hear that man. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Thank you Sir!
Chance1216
11/27/2020 9:06pm Edited Date/Time 11/27/2020 9:06pm
JWACK wrote:
Thank you Sir!
I’ve quarantined twice being exposed at work and, my daughter had it awhile back. All you can do is rest and ride it out. It suck’s!!!
11/28/2020 7:22am
I tested two coworkers, both came back positive maybe 8-10 days ago. They’re Feeling good now.
JWACK
11/28/2020 8:08am
I had the cold sweats last night something fierce.. Wow I say.! Had to change the bed sheets In the middle of the night because they were absolutely soaked. Good news is I woke this morning with no fever though so maybe it broke. Hope so anyway.
Chest is a bit heavy but have only a minor dry cough. Feels as if a bowling ball is resting on my chest. Body aches are not as bad today. Still have my taste and smell. Still have an appetite.

I will say it’s not as bad as when I broke both my back and pelvis and then got the flu in the same week! That was ROUGH!
But that’s a different story. Lol

11/28/2020 9:04am Edited Date/Time 11/28/2020 9:12am
Take a daily multi vitamin that has zinc in it. Drink water and orange juice. And do 3 airborne gummies per day. And That might not do anything. But just stay low, hydrated and eating jwack. You’ll get through it brother !
JWACK
11/28/2020 9:11am
Take a daily multi vitamin that has zinc in it. Drink water and orange juice. And do 3 airborne gummies per day. And That might not...
Take a daily multi vitamin that has zinc in it. Drink water and orange juice. And do 3 airborne gummies per day. And That might not do anything. But just stay low, hydrated and eating jwack. You’ll get through it brother !
Thanks George.
I’ve drank a gallon of milk and a gallon of orange juice already since Wednesday.
Have been taking a multi vitamin and elderberry along with a fever reducer.
Also decided to take a small dose of mucenex regularly to maybe prevent build up.
I got an oximeter to monitor my oxygen levels as well. If it starts dippin I’m dippin out to the ER.

11/28/2020 9:17am
Take a daily multi vitamin that has zinc in it. Drink water and orange juice. And do 3 airborne gummies per day. And That might not...
JWACK wrote:
Thanks George. I’ve drank a gallon of milk and a gallon of orange juice already since Wednesday. Have been taking a multi vitamin and elderberry along...
Thanks George.
I’ve drank a gallon of milk and a gallon of orange juice already since Wednesday.
Have been taking a multi vitamin and elderberry along with a fever reducer.
Also decided to take a small dose of mucenex regularly to maybe prevent build up.
I got an oximeter to monitor my oxygen levels as well. If it starts dippin I’m dippin out to the ER.

Make sure you check your o2 on a couple different fingers to make sure you’re getting a true reading. And don’t freak out. It’s better to go to ER early than late.

My coworker is 73; his 02 levels were fine. He just has a cough and felt tired had a headache for 3-5 days.
ns503
11/28/2020 9:51am Edited Date/Time 11/28/2020 9:52am
Ok, feeling really dumb here, but wtf is an airborne gummie? Blink
11/28/2020 9:55am Edited Date/Time 11/28/2020 9:56am
ns503 wrote:
Ok, feeling really dumb here, but wtf is an airborne gummie? Blink
Hodgepodge of vitamins minerals herbals etc. kinda boosts your intake if you’re appetite isn’t the greatest. Could be witchcraft but I do take these id I start feeling crumby for a few days. I Can’t really track if it works or not.
11/28/2020 9:59am
For some reason the image isn’t showing. Just Google airborne gummies. They’re easy on the stomach and don’t taste terrible.
12/1/2020 11:12pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2020 11:13pm
The UK has approved the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine (the first Western country to do so) and will start vaccinating people next week.
TXDirt
12/2/2020 12:01am
I tested positive yesterday (Tuesday). Probably safe to assume my whole family has it. I’ve had a mild headache, body ache, fever, chills, nauseous, stuffy nose. Chest aches and definitely feels like I can’t get enough oxygen in each breath. I’ve had multiple lung surgeries about 20 years ago and that puts me the high risk category. The struggling to breath has me thinking about the ER at times. But I’m still just trying to grind it out.

I’ll be quarantined now for ten days.
12/2/2020 12:08am
TXDirt wrote:
I tested positive yesterday (Tuesday). Probably safe to assume my whole family has it. I’ve had a mild headache, body ache, fever, chills, nauseous, stuffy nose...
I tested positive yesterday (Tuesday). Probably safe to assume my whole family has it. I’ve had a mild headache, body ache, fever, chills, nauseous, stuffy nose. Chest aches and definitely feels like I can’t get enough oxygen in each breath. I’ve had multiple lung surgeries about 20 years ago and that puts me the high risk category. The struggling to breath has me thinking about the ER at times. But I’m still just trying to grind it out.

Hang in there man. The stats say that even for those who are high risk, the chances of them getting seriously ill are statistically extremely low.
ATKpilot99
12/2/2020 6:39am
TXDirt wrote:
I tested positive yesterday (Tuesday). Probably safe to assume my whole family has it. I’ve had a mild headache, body ache, fever, chills, nauseous, stuffy nose...

Best wishes to you and your family to get through this.
Chance1216
12/2/2020 6:51am
TXDirt wrote:

Get well bud.
JWACK
12/2/2020 6:56am
TXDirt wrote:

Get yourself an oxygen monitor!. They are only 30 dollars. That way you will know if what your feeling is just a feeling or if it’s time to go to the ER.

G-man
12/2/2020 7:08am
TXDirt wrote:

Sorry to hear that, hope you get better soon.
Do you have any idea how you got it, have you been going to work?

How do you quarantine yourself from your family?

I've been going to work the whole time and with Jan just having her 12th Chemo session yesterday I've been concerned I get it and give it to her....
JeremyK
12/2/2020 7:24am
I know 3 guys who tested positive ,all 3 of them work together and all 3 have completely different symptoms ,very weird.
JeremyK
12/2/2020 7:25am
One of the guys sent me a picture of the letter he received before he could stop his quarantine , the details are extremely vague and open for interpretation.
12/2/2020 7:26am
JWACK wrote:
Get yourself an oxygen monitor!. They are only 30 dollars. That way you will know if what your feeling is just a feeling or if it’s...
Get yourself an oxygen monitor!. They are only 30 dollars. That way you will know if what your feeling is just a feeling or if it’s time to go to the ER.

Retail oximetres are famously unreliable.I've had a couple now and the readings are all over the place.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
12/2/2020 7:29am Edited Date/Time 12/2/2020 7:35am
From my experience, everyone at work that i've seen prior to testing positive had a RED (white people) face and a mild cough. That's was my sign to haul ass. Not only because of Covid, thats what I do with any asshole that comes to work sick..

I truly believe that is one of the most inconsiderate actions you can do to someone... Its particular bad where I work, if we stay home our sick pay is 1/3 of our normal and it doesn't kick in until the 3rd day you are out, then requires a doctors note.. So people don't want to take a loss, so here they come.
JWACK
12/2/2020 7:43am
JWACK wrote:
Get yourself an oxygen monitor!. They are only 30 dollars. That way you will know if what your feeling is just a feeling or if it’s...

Retail oximetres are famously unreliable.I've had a couple now and the readings are all over the place.
I get what your saying but having something is Better than nothing.!

My aunt who is doc working the front lines told me to get one. She also told me that the people who have one and are getting to the hospital early when they see their oxygen dipping are recovering at a much higher rate than those who don’t.
12/2/2020 8:02am
JWACK wrote:

JWACK wrote:
I get what your saying but having something is Better than nothing.! My aunt who is doc working the front lines told me to get one...
I get what your saying but having something is Better than nothing.!

My aunt who is doc working the front lines told me to get one. She also told me that the people who have one and are getting to the hospital early when they see their oxygen dipping are recovering at a much higher rate than those who don’t.
My doc told me they're more accurate if you take the reading after having them on for at least 5 minutes. I took mine into hospital when I had lung surgery recently and it was still giving me readings either higher or lower than the hospital's machines.

This is what I'm using at the moment which according to my research are the best of the entry level retail models.

12/2/2020 8:06am
Even if it’s not reliable, it’s probably unreliable across a constant. You can stil trend where you’re at.

Example; the unreliable meter says you’re at 94% when really you’re at 99%(maybe). You feel fine. Ok great.

You track your number daily and then one day you feel a little chest heavy and decide “hey let’s check my o2” it comes back at 88%. Hm well that’s a down trend. Maybe I’ll ride it out. You get better and then it reads 92%. The next day you feel way worse. And 84%.

Simple point is monitor your trends. But if your short of breath and can’t get relief you should always get checked out. telehealth a PCP, or pop into an urgent care. Don’t wait until your lips are blue toughing it out. Not worth it.
OldPro277
12/2/2020 8:30am
Even if it’s not reliable, it’s probably unreliable across a constant. You can stil trend where you’re at. Example; the unreliable meter says you’re at 94%...
Even if it’s not reliable, it’s probably unreliable across a constant. You can stil trend where you’re at.

Example; the unreliable meter says you’re at 94% when really you’re at 99%(maybe). You feel fine. Ok great.

You track your number daily and then one day you feel a little chest heavy and decide “hey let’s check my o2” it comes back at 88%. Hm well that’s a down trend. Maybe I’ll ride it out. You get better and then it reads 92%. The next day you feel way worse. And 84%.

Simple point is monitor your trends. But if your short of breath and can’t get relief you should always get checked out. telehealth a PCP, or pop into an urgent care. Don’t wait until your lips are blue toughing it out. Not worth it.
Georgie--- changing the subject slightly.. what's your take on the "immunity" length after recovering from Covid. It was initially reported that it was likely a year but as time has rolled by, there really hasn't been much talk about it, and now I've read possibly as short as 2 months. Also, do you feel the severity of your symptoms has an effect on the length of the immunity . I suppose its determined by the amount of antibodies in you blood , but it seems like if you read 10 articles ,you'll get 10 different opinions. Obviously since I had it ,as well as my wife and daughter with varying symptom severity ,I'm pretty interested if we are protected at all for awhile. The only common symptoms we had shared was headache/bodyache and the infamous loss of taste and smell (which is more unnerving than it sounds) I had mid-level congestion while my wife had none , but her headache was immobilizing and she spent 2 days in bed while my aches were just basic flu/cold like. And while I feel very fortunate that we seemed to have escaped ,we are still being very,very careful. I don't want to try to dodge that bullet twice !!

Post a reply to: Know anyone that caught CV?

The Latest