Know anyone that caught CV?

Shawn142
7/20/2020 12:13pm
At work we have lost 3 employees so far and new cases continue rolling in every day. Just for reference I work at a major aerospace defense contractor that is unionized, so we have probably 15,000 employees under one roof at any given time. All 3 fatalities have been elderly union workers 65+ who had pre-existing health issues such as being overweight, diabetic, etc. Pretty much everyone else who has caught it has recovered. Unfortunately one of the gentlemen who passed also got his father-in-law sick and they passed within a few days of each other.
7/20/2020 12:22pm
My brother recovered from COVID-19 after a almost two months of isolation and recovery. He says he still can’t really taste anything. He said the inability to breathe was by far the scariest part. He’s had a weak immune system his whole life so it hit him hard. He’s 30 years old.
Robgvx
7/21/2020 6:35am
My wife was really ill after we returned from LA in early December. She had all the symptoms. She passed it to her 79 year-old mum who was even sicker. She needed hospital care (and isn’t a healthy-living lady at the best of times). Both recovered fine.

I never got ill, nor did our 19 year-old daughter.

We’re curious to see if it was COVID so we’ve just ordered an antibody test. Will let you know results.
early
Fantasy
2139th
7/21/2020 7:09am
My uncle's daughter went on vacation to the beach and brought it back home to my uncle. He's in his 60s and is sicker than he has ever been. Didn't have the energy to stand up and was having trouble breathing. Went to the hospital and got a chest x-ray showing pneumonia but wasn't sick enough to stay at the hospital so they sent him home with some antibiotics. I hope he pulls through this.

The Shop

jjavaman
Fantasy
3706th
7/21/2020 7:42am
FLmxer wrote:
I always mention the baby dolphin that was dead for awhile floating offshore and then finally drifted in close enough and people picked it up and...
I always mention the baby dolphin that was dead for awhile floating offshore and then finally drifted in close enough and people picked it up and took pictures. It was followed live from the air and it was floating on top of water floating dead for awhile before the people picked it up. News headline day 1, poor deceased dolphin floats to shore where people retrieve and take pictures. Day 2 to today: Baby Dolphin dies from people taking selfies is the only thing you can find now. They had to make it more exciting I guess. So I am watching a series on Netflix and the person in it just says , remember the baby dolphin that died from people taking selfies with it?. Make it up as we go I guess.
I had a news crew on a trip where I captained this fleet of offshore boats doing shark trips and this news lady was just saying there was nothing exciting happening in the world and just trying to say sharks eat everyone and now so many shark attacks and they are preying on humans etc as we disagreed but she kept saying we have to make something up because life was being so boring and they needed news. That was on 9/10, the day before 9/11. There is zero consequences for making it up and a ton of complete lies are written everywhere and now they can have super fine print at the bottom of every b.s. report that reads: this article is only written to spark conversation and may not be fact. But the majority never read that part and think everything the news says is true which is not even close.
Only 1 “news” channel has that fine print.
7/21/2020 1:28pm
So, the story of the boy who cried wolf actually came to life today. let's just say that offering free swabs to people who have psych issues is not a good idea. When they abuse the system and want to be swabbed every week, eventually they cut you off. And you don't get any more swabs.
AZ35
Fantasy
489th
8/3/2020 2:51pm
I had an employee test positive (high school senior, was exposed to it via another high school friend).

She hadn't worked in a week, and only works limited hours, so the exposure/ contact list wasn't too long. Everyone here is required to wear masks at all times. But many of the girls are friends outside of work too, so who knows what other exposure could have happened. She had no symptoms at first, now she has somewhat lost her sense of taste but says that is coming back.

But to be safe I am having everyone tested. I was lucky and found a drive up private lab that gives you results while you wait (about 30 minutes start to finish). So far everyone has tested negative (myself included), only a couple more to go and they know they cannot come back to work until they test.

Up until a few weeks ago, I did not directly know of anyone who tested positive. But then a distant family member of an employee tested positive.

A few days later a husband and wife in my neighborhood tested positive (but all 4 of their teen kids were negative).

Then an employee of my brother-in-law positive (but none of her other family members).

None of these people had any symptoms before or after testing positive (other than the temp loss of taste). The only reason any of them went to get tested was because they may have had contact with someone who was positive.

My wife's cousin had 2 of his employee's go to get tested a couple weeks ago. They signed in and filled out all of the paperwork, and then waited (in their cars) for about 3 hours. They finally got fed-up with the long wait, and left without being tested. Four days later, they both got phone calls that they tested positive.....

8/9/2020 4:43am
@AZ35 my barber had same thing happen in Ohio. His mom just wanted to get tested and he said fine I’ll take you. They get there, sign in. Line was so long...after 2 hours they said forget it. 4 days later they were notified she was positive. Silly
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
9/24/2020 7:57am
My good friends parents both just died from it in Miami. They were a healthy couple in there 50s. My friend had it and was pretty sick but pulled through, then his dad got a fever and soon was on the ventilator and died from complications, a day later his mom had the same complications but made a recovery and then died a few days after removing ventilator suddenly. Man it was out of no where. Just like that gone. Same thing happened to my good friends grandmother, recovered off ventilator and seemed better then died a few days later. Really sad times.
early
Fantasy
2139th
9/24/2020 8:00am
FLmxer wrote:
My good friends parents both just died from it in Miami. They were a healthy couple in there 50s. My friend had it and was pretty...
My good friends parents both just died from it in Miami. They were a healthy couple in there 50s. My friend had it and was pretty sick but pulled through, then his dad got a fever and soon was on the ventilator and died from complications, a day later his mom had the same complications but made a recovery and then died a few days after removing ventilator suddenly. Man it was out of no where. Just like that gone. Same thing happened to my good friends grandmother, recovered off ventilator and seemed better then died a few days later. Really sad times.
Jeez, I'm sorry for you and your friends loss.
Chance1216
9/24/2020 11:03am
FLmxer wrote:
My good friends parents both just died from it in Miami. They were a healthy couple in there 50s. My friend had it and was pretty...
I’m sorry to hear that. I do hope you and your family are doing well, all things considered.
G-man
9/24/2020 2:41pm
FLmxer wrote:
Dang sorry to hear that, sounds really sad for all family and friends.

Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
9/24/2020 5:38pm
My wife's Sister her husband and their four kids All tested positive and we see them all the time they live a block away from us. And when they started feeling sick they where babysitting my 2 yr old twin daughters. Since my daughter's were already exposed we didn't bother trying to fight it. If they have we are getting I figured so we continued to see Her sisters family like we normally would. My twins had a running nose and a cough for about a week. Me and my wife never got it even after being around her sisters family and my kids.
So I'm really not concerned with the Corona virus at this point.
tunedlength
9/24/2020 7:53pm
I am hearing some bad things south of our border.
Contraction rate is similar to most parts of the world but fatality rate is unusually high.
ns503
9/25/2020 3:52am
Feeling fortunate that I live in a fairly lightly hit region. We're in a 4 province bubble. No active cases in our province.

Maybe that's why I still have some friends saying it's just the flu. Huh
Timo_2824
9/25/2020 5:18am
Got a coworker who took me on as an apprentice when I joined the service department. I've worked with him thousands of hours over the years. He got it and is in the ICU on a Ventilator now. He was responding to texts until the last two days, I'm getting really worried about him. He got it from another coworker who has the more mild symptoms and thought it was just allergies.
plowboy
9/26/2020 3:28am
Timo_2824 wrote:
Got a coworker who took me on as an apprentice when I joined the service department. I've worked with him thousands of hours over the years...
Got a coworker who took me on as an apprentice when I joined the service department. I've worked with him thousands of hours over the years. He got it and is in the ICU on a Ventilator now. He was responding to texts until the last two days, I'm getting really worried about him. He got it from another coworker who has the more mild symptoms and thought it was just allergies.
Yep, it's going around our area more than we thought. They closed our post office/hardware store out here in Norwich. I'm hearing all the employees tested positive...not sure how bad off they are. A guy at the CO-OP and his family. One teacher and a para at the school. I'm sick and tired of this shit.
9/26/2020 8:39am
Tarz483 wrote:
My wife's Sister her husband and their four kids All tested positive and we see them all the time they live a block away from us...
My wife's Sister her husband and their four kids All tested positive and we see them all the time they live a block away from us. And when they started feeling sick they where babysitting my 2 yr old twin daughters. Since my daughter's were already exposed we didn't bother trying to fight it. If they have we are getting I figured so we continued to see Her sisters family like we normally would. My twins had a running nose and a cough for about a week. Me and my wife never got it even after being around her sisters family and my kids.
So I'm really not concerned with the Corona virus at this point.
Hopefully you and your family quarantined yourself for 10 days so you don't possibly spread it to someone else who could get very sick, or die from it.
Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1222nd
9/28/2020 11:30am
2 moto friends lost their father due to COVID it was really really sad. They supported their sons in their racing stuff and were really nice and supportive with every one.

My best friend had it but it wasn't really bad for him luckily.

And I know a lot of other cases but those are the closest.

I had a newborn on august and he was born with a severe case of pneumonia ( we got tested but came negative on COVID) still was a weird case and thank god my baby fought so hard to stay alive and now he is OK.

It's been a rough year
shuggs
10/4/2020 4:59am
Twat at work caught it, probably from his wife who was tested. While waiting on her results he was at work (Mon & Tues) no thought given to others, he got tested Wednesday and came back positive - big surprise there eh!!

He had been mingling with a lot of people and 3 of us had t get tested - thankfully all positive but still had to isolate till results came back.

Worrying thing for me is health problems 5 years ago all brought on by virus.
Timo_2824
10/4/2020 7:40pm
Timo_2824 wrote:
Got a coworker who took me on as an apprentice when I joined the service department. I've worked with him thousands of hours over the years...
plowboy wrote:
Yep, it's going around our area more than we thought. They closed our post office/hardware store out here in Norwich. I'm hearing all the employees tested...
Yep, it's going around our area more than we thought. They closed our post office/hardware store out here in Norwich. I'm hearing all the employees tested positive...not sure how bad off they are. A guy at the CO-OP and his family. One teacher and a para at the school. I'm sick and tired of this shit.
Just got word that Robert passed away at 6:30 this evening. Stay safe everyone.
10/4/2020 7:53pm
Timo_2824 wrote:
plowboy wrote:
Yep, it's going around our area more than we thought. They closed our post office/hardware store out here in Norwich. I'm hearing all the employees tested...
Timo_2824 wrote:
Just got word that Robert passed away at 6:30 this evening. Stay safe everyone.
Sorry to hear.
dadofagun
Fantasy
2117th
10/6/2020 9:01am
My son got it when he returned to college. He wore his mask anytime he was outside his suite, as campus requires you to have one on ANYWHERE on school grounds. He, and his room mate, both came down with it. The school had them stay in their suite locked down for 14 days, not even allowing them to step out on their balcony for fresh air, and they are on the 3rd floor. He lost taste, smell, and had strong stomach pains for 3 days, never really had a high fever, and no cough at all. Said it was the sickest he had ever felt, and any kind of food that had any salt at all set his mouth on fire. He has recovered, but the interior of his mouth he says has never been the same since. It's been well over a month since he was cleared, but anything like ranch, ketchup, bbq sauce, burns like hell. Very strange affects people are going through with this, as his room mate still has a dry cough that will not let up. That was the only real symptom he had, other than a mild fever. Ready for this all to end......
early
Fantasy
2139th
10/6/2020 10:53am
I have a friend couple who got it recently. Woman (early 30s) had mild symptoms, man (40) has been sick as a dog for 2 weeks. Almost went to ER twice for trouble breathing. He's looking better now but who knows how long even mild symptoms will persist.

Some in-law family members got it back in July with mild symptoms.

Covid's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.
Chance1216
10/15/2020 12:01pm Edited Date/Time 10/15/2020 12:01pm
My HR lady tested positive today. She's dealing with headaches, back pain, fever, coughing, sore throat and totally exhausted. Seems numbers are on the rise in King county, Washington.
dean122
10/19/2020 5:46pm
Both my wife and I currently have it. She got it from another teacher at her school.(They've been doing zoom meetings from the classroom with students at home). This person came to my wife's classroom to give her some headphones unmasked and my wife was masked. 5 days later the shit hits the fan and this person infects 6 other teachers and they closed the school back down. She called my wife in tears and feels absolutely terrible. She was asymptomatic, but tested because she found out her friend had it that she went to dinner with a few days prior.

Anyhow, a few days later my wife starts with a cough and headache and she's tests positive and I test negative. 2 days after I feel like shit and retest positive. We're about 11 days in since our first symptoms and both feel like we're on the backside of the virus. Her symptoms have been cough, body aches, headache and nausea. Mine have been headache, fever and slight congestion. Sweating for hours at a time sucks balls, but I'll take it if this is the worst. Both of us have lost complete taste and smell. That's been a very weird part of this ordeal. For both of us the symptoms came in waves. One hour you feel great, the next you feel like crap and rinse/repeat. Luckily my son has been traveling and he's now back staying at his GF's house until we're cleared. My daughter has been at home in quarantine with us, but has tested negative twice with no symptoms so far. She can't go back to work until Friday and is going crazy at home with us. Being 19 and stuck at home with your parents!

Knock on wood, we both feel really fortunate compared to others. We're in our mid 40's and very active. Also, I don't have a spleen so that's a whole other issue, but thankfully it's been ok so far. There are a lot of horror stories. When I tested positive, I nearly had a panic attack. If you get it, just fight and keep a positive attitude. Take your daily Zinc, Vit C and my go to apple cider vinegar. Hot Green Tea is good also, but it'll make you sweat if you're feverish. Even if you don't have an appetite, get something in your stomach and most importantly of all, hydrate! Each person will go through a different situation, but do not let fear consume you. That alone can affect your health. Talk to a friend or family member. Call someone up, conversate and get your mind elsewhere.

Sorry for the wall of text, but wanted to share my experience and that it's not always gloom and doom. If it's your time to go, it your time. Until that day live life to the fullest and only focus on what you can control. My thoughts go out to all that has been affected by this illness. I'll report back in a week as a follow-up.
Chance1216
10/19/2020 7:06pm
dean122 wrote:
Both my wife and I currently have it. She got it from another teacher at her school.(They've been doing zoom meetings from the classroom with students...
Both my wife and I currently have it. She got it from another teacher at her school.(They've been doing zoom meetings from the classroom with students at home). This person came to my wife's classroom to give her some headphones unmasked and my wife was masked. 5 days later the shit hits the fan and this person infects 6 other teachers and they closed the school back down. She called my wife in tears and feels absolutely terrible. She was asymptomatic, but tested because she found out her friend had it that she went to dinner with a few days prior.

Anyhow, a few days later my wife starts with a cough and headache and she's tests positive and I test negative. 2 days after I feel like shit and retest positive. We're about 11 days in since our first symptoms and both feel like we're on the backside of the virus. Her symptoms have been cough, body aches, headache and nausea. Mine have been headache, fever and slight congestion. Sweating for hours at a time sucks balls, but I'll take it if this is the worst. Both of us have lost complete taste and smell. That's been a very weird part of this ordeal. For both of us the symptoms came in waves. One hour you feel great, the next you feel like crap and rinse/repeat. Luckily my son has been traveling and he's now back staying at his GF's house until we're cleared. My daughter has been at home in quarantine with us, but has tested negative twice with no symptoms so far. She can't go back to work until Friday and is going crazy at home with us. Being 19 and stuck at home with your parents!

Knock on wood, we both feel really fortunate compared to others. We're in our mid 40's and very active. Also, I don't have a spleen so that's a whole other issue, but thankfully it's been ok so far. There are a lot of horror stories. When I tested positive, I nearly had a panic attack. If you get it, just fight and keep a positive attitude. Take your daily Zinc, Vit C and my go to apple cider vinegar. Hot Green Tea is good also, but it'll make you sweat if you're feverish. Even if you don't have an appetite, get something in your stomach and most importantly of all, hydrate! Each person will go through a different situation, but do not let fear consume you. That alone can affect your health. Talk to a friend or family member. Call someone up, conversate and get your mind elsewhere.

Sorry for the wall of text, but wanted to share my experience and that it's not always gloom and doom. If it's your time to go, it your time. Until that day live life to the fullest and only focus on what you can control. My thoughts go out to all that has been affected by this illness. I'll report back in a week as a follow-up.
Look forward to a positive update. I've quarantined twice (having come in contact with personnel on my jobsite), my daughter had it along with a couple friends. It's an emotional roller coaster.
prozach
10/20/2020 7:53am
Still don't know one person who has gotten it. Kinda crazy. We haven't exactly been locked up the whole time and my wife works in the medical field and has been going in daily since day one, both my kids have been in elementary school for a month now. We are both puzzled that living in a somewhat populated part of California we don't know one person who has tested positive. A couple stories of a friend of a friends relatives, but that is it.

I've had a dry cough for a couple months, but have tested negative both times. Not sure if it's from the smoke or what.
ATKpilot99
10/20/2020 8:11am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2020 8:12am
My gf has been working at home for months now and 2 weeks ago she had to go in and was exposed to a coworker who a week later tested positive and is very sick. She now has mild symptoms and went in for a test yesterday. Results pending. She said the clinic where she tested was packed.
swvaripper
10/20/2020 9:41am
My uncle tested positive last week after a coworker came in to work with it at ups. Now my uncle is one of those people that has bad allergies and asthma and gets a cold very easy. Only symptoms he had was a sore throat one day and low energy other then that he said he has had no other problems and is back to normal. Crazy how this effects people differently.

Post a reply to: Know anyone that caught CV?

The Latest