Know anyone that caught CV?

Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
6/24/2020 10:29pm
I dont know anyone personally, but they keep saying its going up here lately in minnesota.
Also I heard today that Florida announced over 5000 cases in one day.
But even still are these people getting through it?
If so im glad but I still think its over blown.
And to be honest I don't believe that wearing a mask will help. I think if your gonna get your gonna get it mask or not.
ns503
6/25/2020 4:09am
Tarz483 wrote:
I dont know anyone personally, but they keep saying its going up here lately in minnesota. Also I heard today that Florida announced over 5000 cases...
I dont know anyone personally, but they keep saying its going up here lately in minnesota.
Also I heard today that Florida announced over 5000 cases in one day.
But even still are these people getting through it?
If so im glad but I still think its over blown.
And to be honest I don't believe that wearing a mask will help. I think if your gonna get your gonna get it mask or not.
You're missing the whole point on masks.

Likely the upswings these past few days in the hot-spot states are due to a lot of people missing the whole point on masks. Even after all this time. Some can get this and have it and spread it without even knowing they have it. Masks lessen greatly the chance of giving it to someone else. So they are to protect you from catching it from someone next to you or walking by that has it - because they have a mask on. It is to lessen the giving side of the equation, not the getting side. Apply that universally to everyone, and the spread drops dramatically.
6/25/2020 5:05am
I don’t know anyone that’s had it, it’s always the the case of a friend’s friend’s uncle’s daughter had it.
Barrett57
6/25/2020 7:46am
My friend who is a paramedic caught it months ago, he's back at work now. One of those people who just breezed through it like it was nothing.

The Shop

MotofactioN
6/25/2020 12:18pm
Guy at work was telling me his friend that’s around 33/34 years old died from it a week ago. Apparently he had asthma as well
whyZ
6/25/2020 12:27pm
Bookkeeper confirmed positive Monday, contracted it from her boyfriend, a DOC officer. Sent her home, and did a total wipe down of her office, and any where else she would pass though out the day. Whole new protocol established for remaining employees, sanitizers, mask...ect. Fortunately with the number of employees ratio'd to the building size gives everyone +1000 sqft. safe distance zone.

Now, here's what is not being discussed with all of this. What's a small business to do with a key employee out for the quarantine period. Shut the whole place down? Try to get by without paying vendors, utilities, employees? Set her up at home? Hire a temp bookkeeper to cover her position while she's out? Or have her come in after hours for a few hours a day to keep up on the necessities?

We decided on one of those, and we'll have to see how it goes. Which one would you choose?

6/26/2020 9:01am
whyZ wrote:
Bookkeeper confirmed positive Monday, contracted it from her boyfriend, a DOC officer. Sent her home, and did a total wipe down of her office, and any...
Bookkeeper confirmed positive Monday, contracted it from her boyfriend, a DOC officer. Sent her home, and did a total wipe down of her office, and any where else she would pass though out the day. Whole new protocol established for remaining employees, sanitizers, mask...ect. Fortunately with the number of employees ratio'd to the building size gives everyone +1000 sqft. safe distance zone.

Now, here's what is not being discussed with all of this. What's a small business to do with a key employee out for the quarantine period. Shut the whole place down? Try to get by without paying vendors, utilities, employees? Set her up at home? Hire a temp bookkeeper to cover her position while she's out? Or have her come in after hours for a few hours a day to keep up on the necessities?

We decided on one of those, and we'll have to see how it goes. Which one would you choose?

Our work allows for employees with a positive test to come to work as long as the employee has no symptoms/fever AND the employee wears a mask at all times and social distances (just like everyone else).
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
6/26/2020 12:27pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2020 12:28pm
A coworker told me yesterday a good friend of his tested positive last week. The friend told him it felt like the flu for 5 days but he's back to normal now. It is very odd how it affects people so differently.
Motox627!
6/29/2020 8:36am
Sad to report i lost a good friend and coworker of 13 years yesterday to Covid. 55 years old and a little over weight, but completely healthy otherwise. Leaves behind a wife and 4 kids. Fucking heartbreaking.

Once you lose someone over it, it becomes pretty damn real, really damn quick.

RIP Harvey, you will be missed! Sad
CM_84
6/29/2020 3:13pm
Motox627! wrote:
Sad to report i lost a good friend and coworker of 13 years yesterday to Covid. 55 years old and a little over weight, but completely...
Sad to report i lost a good friend and coworker of 13 years yesterday to Covid. 55 years old and a little over weight, but completely healthy otherwise. Leaves behind a wife and 4 kids. Fucking heartbreaking.

Very sorry to hear/read about your friend.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2892nd
6/29/2020 9:39pm
Well, my turn. Wife just got her positive result an hour or two ago. Not gonna lie, little scared for my kids. All immune compromised including myself (bad blood, no spleen and an electrical problem in the heart that duct tape wont fix).
kongols
6/29/2020 10:25pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Well, my turn. Wife just got her positive result an hour or two ago. Not gonna lie, little scared for my kids. All immune compromised including...
Well, my turn. Wife just got her positive result an hour or two ago. Not gonna lie, little scared for my kids. All immune compromised including myself (bad blood, no spleen and an electrical problem in the heart that duct tape wont fix).
Shit... I have no idea what to say. Hope you all will be ok.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2892nd
6/30/2020 2:13am
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Well, my turn. Wife just got her positive result an hour or two ago. Not gonna lie, little scared for my kids. All immune compromised including...
kongols wrote:
Shit... I have no idea what to say. Hope you all will be ok.
Thanks Kongols, we’ll be alright. Personally, I got nothin to worry about as they say, only the good die young. Just don’t want my kids to feel any sort of pain. They’re pretty tough, resilient, stubborn lil mini me’s. Just a small lil woop section in the road for our family.
Motox627!
6/30/2020 4:00am
Motox627! wrote:
Sad to report i lost a good friend and coworker of 13 years yesterday to Covid. 55 years old and a little over weight, but completely...

CM_84 wrote:
Very sorry to hear/read about your friend.
Thank you sir
Motox627!
6/30/2020 4:02am
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Will keep you in our thoughts and prayers bud! Hearing a lot of stories of people testing positive, yet not feeling sick - so hopefully that will be the case with you!
Chance1216
6/30/2020 5:27am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2020 6:53am
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Fuck this year.
It was me giving your original post the thumbs down. Only cause as parents we already have enough to worry about in regards to our kids. Yet alone, ourselves. I hated reading this.
IanMac138
6/30/2020 11:11pm
I'm still perplexed at why this 'wearing a mask' thing is so confusing to many people. It's not going to prevent anyone from being infected by Cv19 from some idiot deciding they aren't going to wear one because of "(insert some *bs* freedom, conspiracy theory, whatever). It's so that they themselves unknowingly don't pass it along to someone else while out and about. It's such a simple concept. If this country would of just dropped this whole 'freedom' *bs and our leaders would of led by example, we could have flattened the curve and started to resume normalcy by now. Normalcy is what everyone wants, right? Then get with the program so that can happen!

Instead, here we are again, like I called out in March, that this is going to smack us in the f'ing face over and over until Americans collectively, get it. Stop making this political. Its' a highly contagious virus that doesn't give a flying rats ass if you are a right winger or left winger. Stop listening to politicians, and listen to the experts who dedicate their lives to studying and curing diseases like this. It's maddening how far low we've fallen as a country where we once respected scientists, doctors etc.

In any case, here's a quick little kindergarten understanding of what droplets do when you sneeze, cough, talk, sing...whatever. It's pretty easy to understand how a mask will help. God help America, we're officially the looney-bin of the world.

ns503
7/1/2020 5:31am
^ Actually, I think there is evidence out there now (or I heard a news report at least), that masks can also be effective in preventing infection. I.e., they can protect the wearer from getting it also. To some extent.

Pretty mind boggling, the state of mind of some people during all this shit storm.

7/1/2020 6:18am
There’s opinions from both sides.

There’s the masks don’t work and the masks do work. I think it’s more on the lines of “Something is better than nothing argument, and we are doing something” as opposed to actually preventing the spread. Maybe it helps. Maybe it doesn’t. Maybe its another vector for disease to attach to and we all now conveniently place it next to our mouths and mucous membranes. I’d say people not washing them. Dumping them off on the ground. And reusing dirty ones sure don’t help prevent spread of infection.

https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/masks-dont-work-covid-a-review-of-s…
Timo_2824
7/10/2020 8:00pm
Family friends son has it, he's in his 30's. It's given him an enlarged heart and pneumonia. He was moved to intensive care today, has went into a fib two times. When it's bad it's really bad.
Chance1216
7/10/2020 9:01pm
My daughter tested positive a few days ago.
102* fever yesterday and 100* today. Trouble breathing.
Her boyfriend got it from work.

CR250Rider
7/14/2020 9:33am
5 people I know got it, 3 over 60. Everyone is fine now.
1 guy had a blood clot in his calf, took meds for a bit.
3 had no symptoms, one was sleepy for 2 days.
ATKpilot99
7/14/2020 12:03pm
My brother's son in law and his wife both had it. Both in their early 30s and they recovered. She works in a nursing home and that's likely where she picked it up.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
7/14/2020 12:43pm Edited Date/Time 7/14/2020 12:44pm
Okay I’ve been one of the lucky ones to have only heard “friend of a friend type of stuff” until now. However what I heard seemed a little “off”

My sister who is 65 has a lifelong friend that lives near me here n Vista. All the stories I heard about this girl involved drinking heavily. So she’s 65 and was tested positive and supposedly the virus is attracting her liver but she has no other symptoms. So my thoughts were the alcohol has attacked her liver for the last 45 years and now Covid is possibly finishing it off. Thoughts?

Other than her I heard of two daughter of a client that had it from a ski trip to Utah. Came home and endured flu like symptoms and are okay. They were n their twenties and very healthy.

I did talk to my stucco guy a couple months ago to see how he and his family were doing. He lives near the border. He said everyone on the States side were good to go but he did lose 2 distant relatives n Mexico. He told me it was a filthy shit storm down there last time he went and doesn’t plan on going back until this is gone.

My moms 85 so we really watch ourselves around her. She is really missing the hugs n loving from the kids, grandkids and great grandkids. She still gets to see them all but she misses the physical love they give her.....better to be safe.

Everyone be careful and the best of luck to you all 👍
7/15/2020 7:50am Edited Date/Time 7/15/2020 7:50am
One positive at work 5 more on quarantine I haven't been to that office in two weeks though. I have an uncle that had it in April and after hospitalization had to go oxygen for a month. Still can't go to work because he can't get consecutive negative tests. Wife's brother inlaw lost his dad and his mother is sick. California seems to be moving backwards. 4th of July surge is coming, fall, and winter after that.
APLMAN99
7/19/2020 4:52pm
I am now at 3 positives among employees out of approx. 100 people. These 3 all hang out together away from work as well, so I think that the mask requirement probably is working somewhat at the workplace, even if you can't control people's actions off the clock.
JAFO92
7/19/2020 5:03pm
My wifes supervisor tested positive. Shes 62, has a fever and other than that she said she feels okay, just a bit run down due to the fever. No cough at all.

Post a reply to: Know anyone that caught CV?

The Latest