Know anyone that caught CV?

3/11/2021 3:23pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2021 5:05am
My mom just tested positive on Monday. She's nearly 70 and has a host of health problems, so we are becoming very worried. She had only received the first of the two vaccine shots when she got sick. We could use some positive vibes and prayers, moto bros.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
3/11/2021 3:26pm
Be well moto brothers and sisters. Hoping life gets back to normal some day soon.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
3/11/2021 4:56pm
Exactly one year ago today, at this exact time I was sitting at the bar at Don Cuco in Toluca Lake with my boss and we saw the world shutting down.

I hope everyone is still being safe and fighting the good fight. I cannot wait till things are back to normal.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
3/11/2021 6:10pm
This thread is heartbreaking. I found out a couple days ago we lost a local MX’er to covid a few weeks ago. RIP Kurt Ensley. He was in shape, strong, healthy. Had recently moved to AZ and was set to enjoy retirement with a nice house, property, garage full of toys. He did everything right and then bam.... X 1,000 on hoping this is over in the near future.

The Shop

3/31/2021 5:41pm Edited Date/Time 3/31/2021 5:46pm
Medical and ICU travel nurse contracts are starting to heat up again in California and New York. We might not be out of the woods just yet. In our ER we are starting to see more positive swabs as well. I think we're in for another bumpy ride.

Only one out of the roughly 10 positive cases were sick enough to require admission. The rest were young degenerates who we discharged. It's getting to be fun talking to them, were actually having real conversations with them before they even get back to a room that go a little like, "ok, so you can't taste or smell, there is no specific treatment for the virus and you are completely stsble. You should just quarantine at home regardless of whether the swab is positive or negative, do you really want to check in just to get swabbed?" They always do...
ns503
4/1/2021 2:44am
My cousins MIL in NC passed away yesterday from CV. Very sad deal.
freeh
4/1/2021 4:03am
I have it. Tested positive a month ago or so. Thought it was allergies at first, but then it quickly became much more intense, with headaches and complete loss of energy / stamina. Also, the brain fog thing was significant. Called my doctor. He said all they could do was treat symptoms and for me to quarantine, so I did. About 12 days in I finally had my son bring me a thermometer. My temp was over 103, but I didn't feel as bad on that day as I had days earlier. Kinda wonder what my temp was then. Felt like someone was ripping apart my head from the inside. With my elevated temp, my doctor said go to the ER so they could do some additional testing. My pulse-ox was low, but just over the limit required to admit me, so they sent me home with a device to measure it and said if it drops below 90 I need to come back in. Being on a ventilator scared me, so even though it was occasionally in the mid-80's, I did not go back to the hospital. Eventually started feeling a bit better. No elevated temp for a week now and pulse-ox has been good. Still have no stamina and brain fog. If I work for a couple of hours, I have to lay down for a couple of hours. Been like that for the last few weeks or so. This shit hits everyone differently. I am 48 and in good shape, but it kicked my ass and continues to do so. I always took the regular precautions, so I have no idea how I got it. Doesn't matter now, but I do not want this shit again, which apparently is possible according to the doctors I saw at the Cleveland Clinic. I have reconsidered getting the vaccine when I am eligible, which is 90 days or so after being cleared from having it. One unexpected side effect has been some pretty deep depression. I won't go into those details, but apparently it happens to about 20% of the people that test positive.
Stay safe and be smart. I would hate for anyone to go through what I went through for the last month.
KAWI642
4/1/2021 8:45am
i had it back in January took about 3 weeks to get over fully.
shawski
4/1/2021 4:55pm
I didn’t feel great the past few days, tested positive yesterday. Sickest I’ve been in a long time yesterday, today I feel back at about 90%.
Sunhouse
4/23/2021 7:29am
It’s been 5months since I had it the last time, and my sense of smell is still messed up. Strong smells don’t smell like they are supposed too. spicy food, garbage, shit all smell the same, but not a smell I have smelled before. It is a non-existant smell that I can best describe as ketchup and petrol mixed together. Today the cantina at work served tacos and the smell was so strong that my eyes started watering and I had to leave
OG725
4/24/2021 10:15am
captmoto wrote:
A good friend of mine's son-in-law had it. He passed the worst of it but has Covid brain. It's a real thing for some people. He...
A good friend of mine's son-in-law had it. He passed the worst of it but has Covid brain. It's a real thing for some people. He says it seems at times he has Alzheimer's. He is 40. He feels at times like he is in a fog and will sometimes lock and completely forget what he is doing. He has been told it can be up to a year to feel right again. This is scary stuff.
avidchimp wrote:
This is the exact lingering effect I have from contracting it last February. My lung capacity is definitely still impaired as well. Maybe 80% at best...
This is the exact lingering effect I have from contracting it last February. My lung capacity is definitely still impaired as well. Maybe 80% at best. I'm 47.

My kids step-grandma just died from it a couple weeks ago. 68, regularly ran marathons and kicked my ass on every hike we went on. Ate well, and tried her best to avoid being around anyone. Still got it.

My sincerest condolences to people who have lost someone to this shit.
I’ve noticed my RHR has not returned to normal after I was sick.
JWACK
4/24/2021 8:06pm
My ears have not fully recovered since I had covid in November. It feels like I went swimming and I have water in my ears. Doc said ears look fine. Good news is It’s ether getting better slowly or I’m getting used to it. Not sure.
Weird.
plowboy
4/25/2021 1:24pm
Our chief test pilot just got sick. He took out all the co-pilots that have flown with him. We had a really tight schedule and now it's really tight. He's normally a Macallen drinker...since he can't taste or smell...he can save some money on cheap scotch.Silly
DK23
4/25/2021 2:59pm
I just found out today my wife's cousin contracted the virus. That's the 11th person in her family so far. But she's Indian, so that is only about 1% of her total family. 😁

Post a reply to: Know anyone that caught CV?

The Latest