Know anyone that caught CV?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/19/2020 6:46 AM

My wife and I have it. I’ve had very mild symptoms. An annoying cough, headaches, body aches and feel weak. Other than that so far I’m good.

My wife’s been pretty sick. Basically the same symptoms as a common cold plus body aches. She doesn’t handle sickness very well so it’s hard to gauge exactly how she really feels.

My 6 month old daughter has been really sick. Basically cold like symptoms. I feel terrible for her.

My two year old was sick for about 2 days. Cold like symptoms as well but totally fine now other than an annoying cough.

My 7 year old has been totally fine. No symptoms at all.

We haven’t had our kids tested because it really doesn’t matter whether they have it or not. They have to quarantine alongside us for the next couple weeks. We just assume the two kids who are sick have it because they started these symptoms after we were confirmed positive. Who the hell knows at this point, could just be the common cold dizzy

It’s weird though, not one of us have had a fever. One good thing is this is my first time in 11 years not having to work on Christmas. I’m pretty excited about spending Christmas with my wife and kids for once cool

|

12/19/2020 6:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/19/2020 7:02 AM

Boomslang wrote:

Here's something to ponder on...they say the Virus lasts 14 days, if that is correct, then the whole country should stock up on a months worth of food and stay at home for 2 weeks then based on the above the virus would die off right..no?

ns503 wrote:

Yes, theoretically. It actually wouldn't take that much - if 100% of the population would stick to the masking and social distancing and sanitizing thing, they wouldn't have to shut themselves in for all that time. Problem is - they don't. Most of the new cases around here are from relaxing those things in private get togethers. Mostly going through the motions in public, but not the rest of the time.

Exactly! Same here in S/Africa. People have not taken this seriously and now we are headed south...the economy will fall through it's own arse if we have to go back to level 5 lockdown. People just don't get it.

Edit - mark my words, come Jan and Feb we really going to be in shit creek...with the feastive season about to hit and all the underground parties planned this shit gonna spread properly.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

12/19/2020 8:31 AM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Not necessarily.....you’re assuming hospital leadership is capable of making a decision that makes sense. possible, but but likely.

If you only knew man. We have a CEO who seems to have early dementia, a clueless CNO who maybe worked at a snf 20 years ago and the best is our educator that literally sends us Zdog videos and calls it education, on top of hours and hours of online learning that we get nothing out of, because it doesn't relate to anything we do.. She has like 4 months of icu experience...so she didn't even make it through orientation, and then she couldn't cut it in the ER, so she got an office job. That is our leadership team.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

12/19/2020 9:33 AM

I’m sending out prayers and uplifting all of my moto brothers and their families who may be going through Covid, or really any type of struggle, illness or broken relationship or anything else. Sometimes it’s easy to see the battles people are going through and sometimes they battle things in silence.

I believe that the Lord will get you through what ever he brings you to. He will never forsake you.

I hope everyone gets better real soon and enjoys this Christmas season.

|

12/19/2020 12:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/19/2020 12:39 PM

My Mom (79yo), dad (82), both my boys (18 and 20). Mom and dad only had minor symptoms, took lots of vitamin C. The boys only minor cold symptoms.

|

12/20/2020 7:53 PM

Here are some of the messages that have come across our county system that all the local hospitals use to communicate things like bed availability, emergency situations and the like. It's a mess. Our little hospital is getting back logged with covid patients. This is what we were preparing for months ago, but the surge is here. RTs are respiratory therapists. They help manage the intubated patients. PhotoPhoto
Photo

|

Amateur helmet painter

12/20/2020 10:49 PM

^^^Well the other part of my story is that my mom and dad had a neighbor (56 yo) who spent about a month in the hospital recovering from covid that progressed to pneumonia.

|

12/27/2020 7:32 PM

Reese95w wrote:

Just found out my cousin Debbie, who is living in an extended-care facility that has had an outbreak of coronavirus, she tested positive last Wednesday, but her oxygen levels are good, and she isn’t having trouble breathing. Fingers crossed that she stays that way.

Reese95w wrote:

Update: My Cousin Debbie has been hospitalized now. Overnight she developed a fever and breathing difficulties, and the ER doctor has put her on a ventilator. I’m told that ICU capacity in Southern California is 0%. She has numerous, serious health conditions, so the prognosis isn’t great.

Me and Cousin Debbie at the San Diego Zoo, 1961.
Photo

I spoke with my Cousin Debbie yesterday, (12/26). She is doing better but is still in the hospital. Because of an injury she had been living in an extended care facility. They don't want to send her back to that facility because there continues to be a large Covid-19 breakout there.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

12/27/2020 7:36 PM

Reese95w wrote:

Just found out my cousin Debbie, who is living in an extended-care facility that has had an outbreak of coronavirus, she tested positive last Wednesday, but her oxygen levels are good, and she isn’t having trouble breathing. Fingers crossed that she stays that way.

Reese95w wrote:

Update: My Cousin Debbie has been hospitalized now. Overnight she developed a fever and breathing difficulties, and the ER doctor has put her on a ventilator. I’m told that ICU capacity in Southern California is 0%. She has numerous, serious health conditions, so the prognosis isn’t great.

Me and Cousin Debbie at the San Diego Zoo, 1961.
Photo

Reese95w wrote:

I spoke with my Cousin Debbie yesterday, (12/26). She is doing better but is still in the hospital. Because of an injury she had been living in an extended care facility. They don't want to send her back to that facility because there continues to be a large Covid-19 breakout there.

Glad to hear that Reese.

|

12/28/2020 2:05 AM

My neighbour now has it. She looks like death warmed up, hopefully she'll be fine though.

|

1/5/2021 3:31 PM

Reese95w wrote:

My Cousin Debbie is out of the hospital now and back at the extended care facility where she had been since September. She can resume her physical therapy, which she wasn’t receiving in the hospital.

In other "Know anyone that caught CV" news I just found out my half-sister in Florida got Covid-19 at one point. She briefly mentioned it in an email but did not go into any detail. I asked her for more details but have not heard back. My half-sister is not very good at keeping in touch, never has been.

|

1/5/2021 8:27 PM

My best friend’s grandfather died from COVID about two weeks ago

|

1/5/2021 9:46 PM

smashingpumpkins167 wrote:

Here are some of the messages that have come across our county system that all the local hospitals use to communicate things like bed availability, emergency situations and the like. It's a mess. Our little hospital is getting back logged with covid patients. This is what we were preparing for months ago, but the surge is here. RTs are respiratory therapists. They help manage the intubated patients. PhotoPhoto
Photo

My BIL works for Air Liquide delivering O2 right now. He has pulled up to SoCal hospitals and had suits and facilities managers pacing out by the tanks. He is seeing hospitals running on their reserve caches. He is working 5-6 days a week and has bee asked to work a 7th day at double time and a $350 cash bonus. He is also seeing reefer trailers at hospitals because their morgues are full and county morgues can't handle.
On AR15.com. a guy posted that his father was contacted about coming back to LA and working as a mortician. He is 77 and was only a mortician for a short time before moving on to something another career. He hasn't touched a body in nearly 50 years.
But it's just the flu, right?

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

1/10/2021 10:58 PM

My wife and I both got it about 6 weeks ago. Wifey didn’t get any symptoms. She sneezed like twice I think. Me on the other hand felt like absolute dog s#!+. I had crazy high fever and body aches so bad even my hair hurt. It put me down for 2 days. Couldn’t get out of bed. After that, I was really really tired for about 2 weeks. It was a weird tired, like felt just totally depleted for 2 weeks. Also lost all my smell and taste completely for about 2 weeks. I’m all good now though and have been able to get back into the gym again. I also had the flu in early 2020. I’d say the severity of COVId, for me, was worse, but was able to recover fully quicker than regular flu.

|

1/11/2021 3:12 AM

My sister-in-law just got it. First quick test was negative. Second more detailed test was positive.

Symptoms right now are a slight cough every twenty minutes. Let’s see what happens.

|

1/11/2021 9:53 AM

I got it 6 weeks ago along with my wife and 4 kids. To sum up it was a more contagious but moderate form of the flu. I had muscle aches in my back, sinus headaches, diminished taste and smell, and was very tired. 99 deg temp, so no fever and no sweating or throwing up. I'm 60ish btw. I am feeling 100% now, the lingering effect was lack of energy, exacerbated because I hadn't exercised that whole time.

Younger kids thought they had a cold and recovered in 2 - 3 days. Wife was like me but more coughing, I had no cough at all.

Per our usual winter sickness avoidance routine, we were/are taking supplements in the form of 5000IU vit D, 5-10 g vit C, 50 mg zinc. We did up them a bit due to CV but would normally take this anyway - I hate getting the flu and haven't had it in 15 years.

More research lead me to the following doc, so one of my kids added Quercetin. Wish we could get/try Ivermectin/HCQ but Drs won't prescribe. I know many people have taken HCQ and/or Ivermectin for living in/travel to Africa with no side effects,so trying it for CV would be at least worth it to me.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/FLCCC-I-MASK-Protocol-v7-2020-12-27-ENGLISH.pdf

Maybe we had a mild strain or the therapeutic supplement levels helped - I don't know, but it was not as bad as I had imagined, thank God.

|

1/12/2021 10:01 AM

agn5009 wrote:

My wife and I have it. I’ve had very mild symptoms. An annoying cough, headaches, body aches and feel weak. Other than that so far I’m good.

My wife’s been pretty sick. Basically the same symptoms as a common cold plus body aches. She doesn’t handle sickness very well so it’s hard to gauge exactly how she really feels.

My 6 month old daughter has been really sick. Basically cold like symptoms. I feel terrible for her.

My two year old was sick for about 2 days. Cold like symptoms as well but totally fine now other than an annoying cough.

We haven’t had our kids tested because it really doesn’t matter whether they have it or not. They have to quarantine alongside us for the next couple weeks. We just assume the two kids who are sick have it because they started these symptoms after we were confirmed positive. Who the hell knows at this point, could just be the common cold dizzy

It’s weird though, not one of us have had a fever. One good thing is this is my first time in 11 years not having to work on Christmas. I’m pretty excited about spending Christmas with my wife and kids for once cool

same story here right down to the symptoms/sickness.

i had a slight fever last Sunday, between 99 and 100, it was all kicked off with an ear infection so i chalked it up to that. went through the week with no symptoms except a slight cold.

found out this morning we are both positive. our 9 month old is not showing anything and either is our 10 year old. crossing my fingers that doesn't change.

|

1/12/2021 12:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2021 1:15 PM

Well I found out my other cousin Pam, (first cousin once removed), and her boy friend both got Covid. She lives in Wisconsin and believes she caught it on election day back in November. She and her boyfriend had been very good about social distancing and wearing a masks, but she still got it. She tells me she still has "some lasting cardiovascular effects from it" but she did not go into detail.

|

1/12/2021 12:38 PM

My father's best friend of over 50 years, and dear friend of mine (like an uncle to me), just died 6 days after testing positive. His wife is also in ICU. Surreal.

|

1/13/2021 12:54 AM

Boomslang wrote:

Here's something to ponder on...they say the Virus lasts 14 days, if that is correct, then the whole country should stock up on a months worth of food and stay at home for 2 weeks then based on the above the virus would die off right..no?

ns503 wrote:

Yes, theoretically. It actually wouldn't take that much - if 100% of the population would stick to the masking and social distancing and sanitizing thing, they wouldn't have to shut themselves in for all that time. Problem is - they don't. Most of the new cases around here are from relaxing those things in private get togethers. Mostly going through the motions in public, but not the rest of the time.

Boomslang wrote:

Exactly! Same here in S/Africa. People have not taken this seriously and now we are headed south...the economy will fall through it's own arse if we have to go back to level 5 lockdown. People just don't get it.

Edit - mark my words, come Jan and Feb we really going to be in shit creek...with the feastive season about to hit and all the underground parties planned this shit gonna spread properly.

It's hitting home hard and fast now. No longer just stats and news but real people. sad

Wishing strength to everyone and their families dealing with it.

|

1/13/2021 3:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2021 3:08 AM

Guess you can add me to the list. Had knee surgery for a meniscus tear on the Dec. 17th...2 weeks later on Jan 1 morning I was fine one minute and all of a sudden like a light switch I was very ill. 101.5 fever and couldn't stop trembling. Horrible aches, cough, loss of taste/smell. Tested positive. The worst for me only lasted 2 days then gradually started to feel better. Now just an occasional cough. I'm just beginning to return to my normal routines this week. In the grand scheme of things I was lucky I guess. Although now some people treat you like a leper unfortunately.

|

"A rule is a rule and without rules, there is Chaos"....Cosmo Kramer

1/13/2021 4:59 AM

Vet57 wrote:

Guess you can add me to the list. Had knee surgery for a meniscus tear on the Dec. 17th...2 weeks later on Jan 1 morning I was fine one minute and all of a sudden like a light switch I was very ill. 101.5 fever and couldn't stop trembling. Horrible aches, cough, loss of taste/smell. Tested positive. The worst for me only lasted 2 days then gradually started to feel better. Now just an occasional cough. I'm just beginning to return to my normal routines this week. In the grand scheme of things I was lucky I guess. Although now some people treat you like a leper unfortunately.

Sorry to hear that, do you think you got it from your hospital stay or any idea where?

|

1/13/2021 5:14 AM

agn5009 wrote:

peelout wrote:

same story here right down to the symptoms/sickness.

i had a slight fever last Sunday, between 99 and 100, it was all kicked off with an ear infection so i chalked it up to that. went through the week with no symptoms except a slight cold.

found out this morning we are both positive. our 9 month old is not showing anything and either is our 10 year old. crossing my fingers that doesn't change.

Hang in there man and wishing you and the fam nothing but positive vibes. I’m sure it’s never racking with the little ones. I have a two year old daughter and I’m also scared of ever passing it on to her

|

1/13/2021 6:25 AM

Most people I know have had it at this point. My work did an antibody test on anyone that has not tested positive. Almost all of the came back with the antibodies. I do know multiple people that have died. A healthy girl in my daughters preschool is on a ventilator right now, with something they call MIS-C.

|

1/13/2021 4:10 PM

I don't know anyone who's had it yet. Lucky to be in what might be the lightest hit place in the continent right now. But that could change in a hurry at any time.

|

HAF

1/13/2021 11:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2021 11:10 PM

I still have not come across one positive influenza case throughout this entire thing, and many of my co-workers are saying the same thing. I've read that influenza numbers are way down. So my interpretation of this is that masks work for the flu, but they clearly do not work for covid. If I was in the high risk category I would not be going out in public.
Photo
I moved back to Missouri where I'm originally from, It has been a breath of fresh air. I'm working in a ER in a real hospital, which is lovely. All the employees aren't super paranoid about covid like they were in California. We are also not nearly as inundated with covid patients. But that could all change I guess. We have a few positives here and there, but this is out of 200 patients in a day, rather than the 30 that I saw in my little hospital per day.

|

Amateur helmet painter

1/14/2021 3:58 AM

Vet57 wrote:

G-man wrote:

Sorry to hear that, do you think you got it from your hospital stay or any idea where?

It's very difficult to know exactly. I haven't changed or done anything different than what I've always done for the most part. Besides the hospital I did have a very brief interaction with my son who had traveled to Seattle but he had self quarantined for couple weeks prior. He did incidentally get some symptoms shortly after I did albeit not to the level of bad that I was. We have a community trace program in place where I reside which had called me to get info but in all practicality doesn't really change or prevent anything.

|

"A rule is a rule and without rules, there is Chaos"....Cosmo Kramer

1/14/2021 4:06 AM

smashingpumpkins167 wrote:

I still have not come across one positive influenza case throughout this entire thing, and many of my co-workers are saying the same thing. I've read that influenza numbers are way down. So my interpretation of this is that masks work for the flu, but they clearly do not work for covid. If I was in the high risk category I would not be going out in public.
Photo
I moved back to Missouri where I'm originally from, It has been a breath of fresh air. I'm working in a ER in a real hospital, which is lovely. All the employees aren't super paranoid about covid like they were in California. We are also not nearly as inundated with covid patients. But that could all change I guess. We have a few positives here and there, but this is out of 200 patients in a day, rather than the 30 that I saw in my little hospital per day.

Not sure you could say they clearly work for one & not the other.

Maybe more like, more effective against the flu - since Covid is much more contagious. Very much more. I don't think I would say they don't work for Covid - I think things would be magnitudes worse without masks, Covid-wise, and that they help reduce the spread. Some seem to think masks & all the rest of the measures are elimination tools. But they are really reduction tools.

|

HAF

1/14/2021 6:45 AM

ns503 wrote:

Not sure you could say they clearly work for one & not the other.

Maybe more like, more effective against the flu - since Covid is much more contagious. Very much more. I don't think I would say they don't work for Covid - I think things would be magnitudes worse without masks, Covid-wise, and that they help reduce the spread. Some seem to think masks & all the rest of the measures are elimination tools. But they are really reduction tools.

Yes it is pretty interesting. And I'm sure I'll be studied for years. I talked about it with a coworker, she agreed with me at first. But then her pretty good point was that most people won't wear the masks at home, so that is probably what ends up spreading the virus more so than maybe a mask that isn't secure enough to contain the virus. My other thought was the areas that have been hit the hardest are also areas that have really expensive real estate, and many people living under the same roof that work in different areas and are all struggling to pay the rent. New York and California come to mind. They both have been hit pretty hard with it.

|

Amateur helmet painter

1/14/2021 8:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2021 8:34 PM

My youngest daughter is 13 yrs old and her best friend from school was also 13 yrs old when she passes away two days ago from Covid. RiP

Marius was 50, he passed away 4 days ago - Rip friend.

A bunch of friends and associates of mine got the Virus and were sick in various degrees but pulled through.

The strain of Virus here in South Africa is striking 100's down every day. The hosiptals and medi clinics are maxed out. Just last week a dude who had Covid was battling to breath, he was turned away from five different hospitals...he was taken home and died there.

Our borders are closing, flights are getting cancelled, alcohol banned, various stringent curfews in place, people are being layed off work, businesses are folding, we stay at home and only go out for essential shopping, for work etc.

2021 (for us here) is fucked to put it mildly.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum