Know anyone that caught CV?

JPT
6/5/2020 1:34pm
Besides, I'm very healthy but at 69 I'm in an at-risk group and still owe two years on my Bonneville so you f'ers better not be spreading the 'rona.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
6/6/2020 6:38am
Friend's 99 year old mother got it, and beat it in less than 2 weeks. My parent's friend's employee (young to middle age) got it, and was completely incapacitated by it. Several people at work had it, but I'm unaware of how bad their symptoms were. Doesn't seem like a one size fits all deal.
omalley
6/6/2020 7:06am
I’m 99% sure my daughter and I had it in late November/early December. I should be getting the antibody test this week if everything goes right.

Worst cough/cold/etc symptoms I’ve ever had. Three weeks of DayQuil/NyQuil every 4-6 hours, with a dry non-productive cough so bad I’d get tunnel vision. After I felt better I had three more weeks of not being able to exercise as every time my heart rate would climb, I’d start hacking again. I still have some residual shortness of breath. The kicker for me was that i supplement my inhaler with a nebulizer when I get any respiratory issue during cold/flu season and it normally helps a lot-it had little effect on this.

In short, it wasn’t as bad for me as some others, but it was still hell for me. That said, I have controlled but severe asthma, so I’m definitely in one of the risk groups.

My daughters experience was similar, but she was also in the ER twice. Unfortunately at that time, no one locally had COVID on their radar. We’ll see. One of my co-workers just went in for a cough, and as a precaution was tested only to find out that he’s already had it. The ONLY time he felt ill in the past year was around the time of my illness.
6/6/2020 8:23am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2020 8:24am
davis224 wrote:
Friend's 99 year old mother got it, and beat it in less than 2 weeks. My parent's friend's employee (young to middle age) got it, and...
Friend's 99 year old mother got it, and beat it in less than 2 weeks. My parent's friend's employee (young to middle age) got it, and was completely incapacitated by it. Several people at work had it, but I'm unaware of how bad their symptoms were. Doesn't seem like a one size fits all deal.
Yea it’s not an automatic death sentence, but it’s also Not an automatic walk in the park either. wierd.

I wonder now if majority of population is approaching this herd immunity theory now. Won’t know until this thing disappears probably November 20th.

The Shop

JPT
6/6/2020 12:59pm
Yea it’s not an automatic death sentence, but it’s also Not an automatic walk in the park either. wierd. I wonder now if majority of population...
Yea it’s not an automatic death sentence, but it’s also Not an automatic walk in the park either. wierd.

I wonder now if majority of population is approaching this herd immunity theory now. Won’t know until this thing disappears probably November 20th.
Nice of the Italians, Germans, British, Brazilians and a few others to join in to help the liberal media influence our elections.
reded
6/6/2020 2:45pm
CM_84 wrote:
I love the anecdotal stories of 'xxxxxx got it and said it was no worse than the flu, this as all a media hype' hundreds of...
I love the anecdotal stories of 'xxxxxx got it and said it was no worse than the flu, this as all a media hype'
hundreds of thousands of people around the world would love to share their anecdotal stories about it, but they are no longer above ground.
I love how you can’t stand for people to post truths that don’t fit your narrative.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/6/2020 5:04pm
I guess the Mayhem thread caught it.
It should have caught it a while ago. It was attracting other viruses.
tunedlength
6/8/2020 10:21pm
You shoulld get one of these if you dont already have one.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
6/11/2020 6:16pm
My neighbor across the street. He died from it. Alone, because his whole family was quarantined and not allowed to be with him as he lay there dying.
jjavaman
Fantasy
3765th
6/12/2020 7:23am
A couple people that I went to high school with got it and recovered fairly soon after. Also his dad got it and had a pretty...
A couple people that I went to high school with got it and recovered fairly soon after. Also his dad got it and had a pretty hard time with it but is now fully recovered.

I was pretty worried about it at first because it first touched down at the elderly care center a block away from my apartment. Pretty weird how it's fizzled out.
Your media is just not reporting it.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
6/12/2020 11:53am
A couple people that I went to high school with got it and recovered fairly soon after. Also his dad got it and had a pretty...
A couple people that I went to high school with got it and recovered fairly soon after. Also his dad got it and had a pretty hard time with it but is now fully recovered.

I was pretty worried about it at first because it first touched down at the elderly care center a block away from my apartment. Pretty weird how it's fizzled out.
jjavaman wrote:
Your media is just not reporting it.
^^^ It absolutely has not "fizzled" out. It is being widely under-reported in a lot of states.
CM_84
6/17/2020 12:07am
CM_84 wrote:
I love the anecdotal stories of 'xxxxxx got it and said it was no worse than the flu, this as all a media hype' hundreds of...
I love the anecdotal stories of 'xxxxxx got it and said it was no worse than the flu, this as all a media hype'
hundreds of thousands of people around the world would love to share their anecdotal stories about it, but they are no longer above ground.
reded wrote:
I love how you can’t stand for people to post truths that don’t fit your narrative.
And what narrative is that? the one that is documented by scientists and health professionals?
It is very well documented that most patients have relatively mild symptoms. however a small percentage have very severe symptoms.
The current death toll is at about 435 thousand people despite the most wide spread social distancing measures in human history.
So yes it is a severe virus that is killing a lot of people. now what part of my "narrative" is incorrect?
6/17/2020 6:25am
There’s no way to get an objective view on this as long as we got for profit media.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
6/17/2020 7:43am
There’s no way to get an objective view on this as long as we got for profit media.
I turned that shit off years ago. I peak in from time to time. It's really a sad state to me.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
6/17/2020 8:09am
I always mention the baby dolphin that was dead for awhile floating offshore and then finally drifted in close enough and people picked it up and took pictures. It was followed live from the air and it was floating on top of water floating dead for awhile before the people picked it up. News headline day 1, poor deceased dolphin floats to shore where people retrieve and take pictures. Day 2 to today: Baby Dolphin dies from people taking selfies is the only thing you can find now. They had to make it more exciting I guess. So I am watching a series on Netflix and the person in it just says , remember the baby dolphin that died from people taking selfies with it?. Make it up as we go I guess.
I had a news crew on a trip where I captained this fleet of offshore boats doing shark trips and this news lady was just saying there was nothing exciting happening in the world and just trying to say sharks eat everyone and now so many shark attacks and they are preying on humans etc as we disagreed but she kept saying we have to make something up because life was being so boring and they needed news. That was on 9/10, the day before 9/11. There is zero consequences for making it up and a ton of complete lies are written everywhere and now they can have super fine print at the bottom of every b.s. report that reads: this article is only written to spark conversation and may not be fact. But the majority never read that part and think everything the news says is true which is not even close.
rongi#401
6/17/2020 3:37pm
Most the people at my old job have CV, my girlfriends sister lives with one of the guys and their dad and mom work there, great...
APLMAN99
6/18/2020 5:34pm
Had my first employee test positive yesterday.
APLMAN99
6/19/2020 7:12pm
Random test ? Or were they feeling like crap?
Feeling ill, we have one of those temperature reading cameras set up. He mostly works alone, not alongside others but we are monitoring as good as we can.
captmoto
6/20/2020 6:17pm
One of my riding buddies 2 aunts got it. 89 and 92. The 92 year old kicked it, the 89 year old kicked the bucket.
6/20/2020 7:40pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2020 7:45pm
We have diagnosed two in the last couple weeks. We could tell what it was from the moment they got there and isolated them appropriately. No fevers or shortness of breath for me yet, but I woke up in the middle of the night last night super hot and I was freaking out a little bit. My wife was already up with the newborn and she let me know it was just hot in our room for some reason, so it wasn't a fever.
APLMAN99
6/20/2020 8:00pm
0 cases on Friday is a good sign!

What site is that? I wonder if they count the deaths at our local hospital in Wenatchee from residents of Quincy as Chelan county or Grant?
6/21/2020 7:23am Edited Date/Time 6/21/2020 7:24am
ICU’s are regularly full. And hosptials are regularly full. I can’t tell you how many times I can’t discharge a patient to a lower level of care because there is no beds. This has been going on my entire career. So they stay in icu level of care, but only get charged for the lower level of care.
71Fish
6/21/2020 7:30am
Had a Jiu Jitsu training partner test positive. He has to test for his job and had no symptoms. Because of our close proximity and contact, I got tested. Came back negative.

Less than a week after his positive test he tested again and was negative.
He was either on the tail end of it or never had it when he tested positive. I've only been a medical expert for a few months like everyone else so I don't have a good answer.
Motoxdoc
6/21/2020 9:11am
6 of numb nuts staff caught it....right before their campaign basically did a Covid meet and greet....brilliant!
6/22/2020 8:11pm Edited Date/Time 6/22/2020 8:12pm
My 30 year old brother has it. Definitely not over hyped. I’m not judging anyone because I used to think that it was played out until it it hit someone in my family.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/23/2020 11:30am
A close friend of one of my girlfriend’s daughters.

That happened while I was in Utah. Now I’m wondering if it’s a good idea to go home. Both of her daughters are terrible at the mask-wearing/social distancing game.
Oldschool
6/23/2020 5:49pm
Oldest daughter and her boyfriend late March.
Both commute to Chicago on the train 5 days a week
They didn't have a prayer...
They ran through it like it was a badass flu that hammered on the lungs.
3 flights of Stairs were a b!tch
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
6/23/2020 6:18pm
GuyB wrote:
A close friend of one of my girlfriend’s daughters. That happened while I was in Utah. Now I’m wondering if it’s a good idea to go...
A close friend of one of my girlfriend’s daughters.

That happened while I was in Utah. Now I’m wondering if it’s a good idea to go home. Both of her daughters are terrible at the mask-wearing/social distancing game.
Oh man Gibby. I'm sorry that's going on. Hoping everyone is good.

Post a reply to: Know anyone that caught CV?

The Latest