Kitchen knives, what’s in your tool box?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/8/2018 12:01 PM

The wife and I hooked the kids up with a nice starter set of knives for Christmas this past year. Not wanting to lock either of them into one particular brand with a block set, I mixed up a few things.

Photo

Each got a set of 6 Messermeister steak knives and boning knife, 8 inch Kikuichi chefs knife, Mac bread knife and a Miyabi paring knife. That 8 incher is seriously razor sharp.

|

2/8/2018 12:14 PM

Those are nice

|

If you like uncle tony's meatballs, you'll love his sausage

Now that's Italian

2/8/2018 12:40 PM

Photo

Nothing super fancy at our house . I always reach for my havalon though if any meat trimming is needed . This is my new field dressing knife but it cuts backstraps less then a 1/4 inch thick if you wanted . It uses interchangeable blades that are scalpel blade sharp . It's nice because its wide open and cleans up easy also.

|

2/8/2018 1:05 PM

Cutco

|

"We don't rent pigs."

2/8/2018 1:10 PM

Bought a set of Cutco around 1991. Still have them, only sent them out once for the "free" sharpening. Certainly can't bitch about that.

|

2/8/2018 3:34 PM

I sold Cutco back in the day and I still have my sample set. Pieces have been lost but none ever broke or fell apart.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

2/8/2018 3:58 PM

We have about 15 of the Henckels/Zwilling/Friodur Pro knives. At $80 to $250 each, they are good solid knives that hold an edge well. We also have a couple of Japanese Miyabi knives (Shotoh Petty and Gyuto) that are amazing if way too expensive.

|

2/8/2018 4:55 PM

As far as knives go nothing special or worth posting. On the list. I did just get another hoss for the smoker when I do butts and ribs. Photo

|

2/8/2018 5:15 PM

JRT812 wrote:

As far as knives go nothing special or worth posting. On the list. I did just get another hoss for the smoker when I do butts and ribs. Photo

I need one of those! I got a Green Egg Mini-max for Christmas. Haven't tried it yet but need some implements for when I do. Soon...

|

2/8/2018 6:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2018 6:55 PM

JRT812 wrote:

Foghorn wrote:

I need one of those! I got a Green Egg Mini-max for Christmas. Haven't tried it yet but need some implements for when I do. Soon...

Dude you will love your egg and congrats on getting one! I don’t own one, but have been interested in them. Currently, running a stick burner Lang smoker and have entertained getting a egg because they work so well. As far as the spatula goes. The size is comical, but works amazingly.

|

2/8/2018 7:32 PM

Foghorn wrote:

We have about 15 of the Henckels/Zwilling/Friodur Pro knives. At $80 to $250 each, they are good solid knives that hold an edge well. We also have a couple of Japanese Miyabi knives (Shotoh Petty and Gyuto) that are amazing if way too expensive.

Henckels for me too. These are not real high end but I am happy with them.

Photo

|

2/8/2018 11:53 PM

Got some cutco but have one Fabware thats the shizzz for some reason.

|

2/10/2018 5:39 PM

Been through a bunch. We are on a saltwater peninsula and our water is the highest salinity in our county. I bought the "as seen on tv" copper ones recently and they are holding up nicely.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

2/10/2018 6:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2018 6:45 PM

Got the same flipper 812 ... surprised as to how well it works on damn near everything. I use it while I'm chillin in my foldin chair ... https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Kingpin-Giant-Folding-Chair,46176.html

|