King of the Baggers race at Laguna Seca

JPT
10/30/2020 9:47am
That's basically it. There's a place for all of them, just not together. Marc Marquez and some of the other guys race the flat track. But...
That's basically it. There's a place for all of them, just not together. Marc Marquez and some of the other guys race the flat track. But, I don't want to watch him do it at a MotoGP event prior to the main race. They should have full focus on their primary mission. Again, just my personal opinion. I realize many people would LOVE to see them all line up for a flat track race prior to the main event.
APLMAN99 wrote:
Kind of like the old Grand National stuff? Didn't a few stops have a couple of different types of racing? I thought that a few might...
Kind of like the old Grand National stuff? Didn't a few stops have a couple of different types of racing? I thought that a few might have had a TT on one day, then either a RR or an FT the next.

Been a long time, though, and I didn't really follow it that closely.
Yeah, the grand national stuff was fine because it really was about the all around best rider and they were all on proper race bikes.
I loved the old Grand National Series. They'd run 25 plus races so you'd have a fair number of the each of the 5 track types. In the mid to late 60s they ran basically the same engines in different frames. The 70s hit and the pure RR bikes appeared (TZs etc.) And it was cool for awhile but eventually forced the seperation.

As far as the baggers go. Those types racing of racing start out one way but soon people are running such customized monsters they lose the original purpose.
OG725
10/31/2020 5:39am

My ol’ knee draggin’ Harley

The Shop

Post a reply to: King of the Baggers race at Laguna Seca

The Latest