Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor

greenmx5
Edited Date/Time 10/22/2018 9:13am
Who wins? I gotta go with Khabib. The guy is a killer. What he does to guys is unreal. But McGregor is dangerous as hell in the first two rounds.

https://youtu.be/t6wsy5UHVAo?start=1698
Poll

Who wins?

Choices
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/3/2018 4:22pm
Hope McGregor gets the shit beaten out of him.

Can't stand the prick.
MR. X
8/3/2018 4:24pm
Khabib wins
71Fish
8/4/2018 6:51am Edited Date/Time 8/4/2018 6:54am
If it gets to the ground, Kabib all the way. McGregor is very accurate with his kicks and punches. In the Michael Johnson fight, Kabib would have been knocked out if the was McGregor.
My vote went to Kabib.

Edit: McGregor won $100M. His heart ain't in it like it was, IMO.
MR. X
8/4/2018 7:13am
Connors Instagram has been showing him working his ground game a lot lately.

The Shop

71Fish
8/4/2018 8:25am
MR. X wrote:
He's a BJJ brown belt but doesn't fight like it. Hopefully for him he is working on his Sambo defense.
akillerwombat
8/4/2018 9:19pm
I'd have to give it to Kabib... love watching McGregor fight but that Kabib is a fucking beast. Great strategies, even better at adapting, incredibly well rounded, and hungry as fuck.
motosmith
8/6/2018 8:12am
I've learned not to bet against McGregor. I thought he was going to lose his last ten fights and he proves me wrong every time.

There is a long list of dudes he should have lost to. Here is a few:

Chad Mendes All-American wrestler.
Dustin Poirier BJJ Black belt.
Nate Diaz BJJ Black belt.
Max Holloway chin of stone, BJJ Puple Belt.

He did lose to Diaz but got gassed. His problem is he has no cardio so the fight cant go past round 3.

TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
8/6/2018 1:18pm
I don't think Conor will have anything for Khabib. I got on the bandwagon for Mayweather and believed the hype, and he got outlasted by a guy twice his age.

He's a good talker, but I don't think he will win.
71Fish
8/7/2018 9:13pm
peelout wrote:
Conor all day bro
All day if it's a shit talking fight.
Moto96
8/9/2018 9:20am
Conor beats most long before the fight. Didn't work at all with diaz as he is the only one who can shut up conor with minimal words to where conor has not a word to say.

Doubt that will work for Kahbib if hes ready for the quick attack at the beginning. If it goes to the ground, same as with diaz choking out conor, it's over. Crap talk wont affect Khabib,

Those in the know know Diaz won both their fights. Conor should have got yellow carded for running away the whole fight especially rounds 3 on.

in fight 2, diaz couldnt get any points because he was constantly chasing conor who would duck and run.. The ref should have called it after the 3rd time as a forfeit. He wouldn't engage at all.

Youtube search Macgregor vs Diaz running, and watch the black and white video. Diaz kept saying WTF? Come on man! Pointing at him, flipping him off, conor wanted "fookin nuttin" of that. He wanted out of there.

They did have to give a few rounds to diaz though on principal, but the fight was over in round 3 when conor ran away for over half a round right there.

diaz is in better shape than he looks. Knocking him down just pisses him off. Conor didn;t go to the ground after those knockdown knowing that would be the end.

He will have to keep Khabib standing to have any chance.
8/9/2018 8:09pm
MR. X wrote:
Well he fuckin better be.

Conor would have to land something spectacular to hurt Khabib. When he touched Aldo within about 10 seconds and sent him on his ass it was because he almost killed himself for the final time to make that weight and came in so much bigger. Khabib is naturally much bigger than Conor, even bigger than Diaz, who Conor couldn't finish. With this in mind I can't possibly see how Conor can win this fight, if he can't finish him quickly on the feet you know damn well Khabib is going to get a hold of him and then he's fucked. His sparring partner saying he could beat Khabib in a grappling match is laughable, every time he gets a hold of someone the fight is over.
Moto96
8/9/2018 9:13pm
I think Joe Rogan said it best. when submitted there is no decision. Otherwise you end up with this......Never would have happened in boxing or if it went 30 seconds longer last round,

Conor is done if it goes to the ground.

greenmx5
8/11/2018 6:33pm
MR. X wrote:
He can work on it 24 7 up until the fight. Khabib is on another level from anyone in the division. You cant get on someone's level that's been doing it all their life in just a few months.

I was concerned that khabib would get caught by a striker like Barboza. But what he did in that fight on the ground was just a clinic. The equivalent of RC lapping the field in millville. Barboza was so mentally beat in the 2nd round. Hes going to make Conor quit.
Moto96
8/12/2018 8:02am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2018 12:02pm

greenmx5
9/11/2018 5:12pm
Now that the Woodley Till fight is behind us, time to start ramping up that PR machine. Possible press conference this weekend. Conor refuses to do a lot of promotion for this fight. That tells me hes really taking this one serious.
MR. X
9/11/2018 6:34pm
If Conor or Khabib can't fight for what ever reason ,who gets pulled from the Tony/ Pettis fight to fill the main card ?
greenmx5
9/11/2018 7:09pm
MR. X wrote:
If Conor or Khabib can't fight for what ever reason ,who gets pulled from the Tony/ Pettis fight to fill the main card ?
Tony for sure. He was the interim champ before this. People have been waiting to see Tony Khabib for 3 years now and it’s fallen out 3 times. This would be their way of making that fight if something happens. And nobody would mind seeing Conor Tony. Pettis isn’t the name he used to be. He’s won 3 out of his last 8 fights whereas Tony’s on a 10 fight win streak.
MR. X
9/11/2018 7:12pm
MR. X wrote:
greenmx5 wrote:
Tony for sure. He was the interim champ before this. People have been waiting to see Tony Khabib for 3 years now and it’s fallen out...
Tony for sure. He was the interim champ before this. People have been waiting to see Tony Khabib for 3 years now and it’s fallen out 3 times. This would be their way of making that fight if something happens. And nobody would mind seeing Conor Tony. Pettis isn’t the name he used to be. He’s won 3 out of his last 8 fights whereas Tony’s on a 10 fight win streak.
I just wonder if Tony would want either of those 2 for his first fight back after a serious knee injury.
greenmx5
9/11/2018 9:28pm
MR. X wrote:
greenmx5 wrote:
Tony for sure. He was the interim champ before this. People have been waiting to see Tony Khabib for 3 years now and it’s fallen out...
MR. X wrote:
I just wonder if Tony would want either of those 2 for his first fight back after a serious knee injury.
he's a crazy enough dude, i don't think he would care.
Sully
9/12/2018 12:11am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2018 12:13am
MR. X wrote:
greenmx5 wrote:
MR. X wrote:
Eddie Bravo was saying on Rogan's podcast last week that Tony's training, and ready for, any of the three. If anyone pulls out, though, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was Connor. Frankly, I think Khabib and Tony both smash him.
Moto96
9/12/2018 8:37am
Nah, f that. If Khabib pulls out bring in Nate Diaz. He should have won the 2nd fight, but you can't hit, kick or submit someone always running away like the video above to score any points. Such a bullshit decision.

Plus, if that went any longer Conor would have passed out. But then there wouldn't have been a chance at a Trilogy really either.

If I was a ref, Id tell a fighter they can run away once to catch their breath, get their bearings, whatever. Twice they are getting a warning. 3rd time is the same as a Forfeit.

greenmx5
9/12/2018 11:15am
Moto96 wrote:
Nah, f that. If Khabib pulls out bring in Nate Diaz. He should have won the 2nd fight, but you can't hit, kick or submit someone...
Nah, f that. If Khabib pulls out bring in Nate Diaz. He should have won the 2nd fight, but you can't hit, kick or submit someone always running away like the video above to score any points. Such a bullshit decision.

Plus, if that went any longer Conor would have passed out. But then there wouldn't have been a chance at a Trilogy really either.

If I was a ref, Id tell a fighter they can run away once to catch their breath, get their bearings, whatever. Twice they are getting a warning. 3rd time is the same as a Forfeit.

Most fighters get warnings for doing this in fights. But not Conor....
Husky807
9/12/2018 11:37am
Conor has made a career off getting in his opponents heads so bad that their game plan goes out the window and they go straight for the kill, Conor relaxes and picks them off with ease most of the time. Problem is, if this happens with Khabib then Conor better make damn sure he knows what he's doing, because Khabib could maul him within a minute or two if he sees red.
MR. X
9/13/2018 7:45am
I'm shocked by the lack of publicity for this one ,especially with the fucks that run the UFC now. I heard conor said he wasn't doing any or very little PR for it.
Moto96
9/13/2018 9:15am
MR. X wrote:
I'm shocked by the lack of publicity for this one ,especially with the fucks that run the UFC now. I heard conor said he wasn't doing...
I'm shocked by the lack of publicity for this one ,especially with the fucks that run the UFC now. I heard conor said he wasn't doing any or very little PR for it.
Initial reports were he didn't want to leave Ireland to stop training, or take the time, and didn't want to do press conferences either. Now there is a presser scheduled, which I think is mandatory pre fight.

Yet, the whole point of him renting the 12,000 SF house in Vegas before the Aldo fight was to be able to have all his entourage there and train and be acclimated to where most fights are held including this one. That place went up for sale after he moved out, but its not like he doesn't have the money to get another rental.

Maybe after the bus deal he pulled up all roots? Maybe he rented one of Mayweathers Vegas houses? LMAO.

greenmx5
9/13/2018 11:57am
I feel like he thought all the media for this Diaz fight was the reason his conditioning sucked. He wants the belts back so he wants to be as focused as possible. I cant stand the guy but hes not stupid. He will only do the media he has to do. Hes not fighting 145 pounders anymore. Hes fighting a badass Russian who's been doing sambo since he could walk

Post a reply to: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor

The Latest