Keto

SEE ARE125
2/28/2019 6:02am Edited Date/Time 2/28/2019 6:04am
Quick question, should I be hitting my macro goals on a per meal or per day basis? Right now breakfast is 100% fat, or if I get some bacon in the morning it comes to 93% fat 7% protein. Then throughout the day, it balances out. Lunch will put me at a damn near perfect 5/20/75, then an afternoon snack followed by dinner will put me at like 7/22/71 at which point I take a shot or two of olive oil(pure fat) and get back to 5/20/75. Is this acceptable or should I focus on hitting 5/20/75 at every meal?

Also, lost 10lbs in 10 days. I'm assuming it was just water weight because it seems to have leveled off, actually gained a little back thankfully. Currently at 9.4lbs lost since starting 11 days ago. I'm 6'1" and started at 175, dropped to 165, then back up to 165.6. Losing weight isn't my goal, I'm doing it primarily to reduce joint inflammation and secondarily for the increased energy. If weight loss continues, should I up my caloric intake? Currently around 1500-1800 calories(not hungry for more).

LoudLove
2/28/2019 9:26am
Man, there's a lot of complicated math in this thread. And nothing will derail a plan quicker than complexity. Sure, it's easy and maybe a little fun at first, but eventually plans go off the rails when everything is measured with a mircometer.

Losing weight and healthy lifestyles are both simple and intuitive. Basic concepts like "shopping on the edges" and calorie-counting get the job done. If you consume fewer calories than you burn, you WILL lose weight. 1 pound of fat = 3500 calories, so a caloric deficit of 500 calories per day will result in 1 pound per week of fat loss. Simple math.

Another simplicity: only drink water. Period. Is there anything easier than just drinking the most plentiful liquid on the planet? Is someone cannot stick to this very simple template, then there is no way they can adhere to the stringent rules outlined above.

Also, when radically altering your diet, do not simultaneously engage in a new exercise regime. Overweight individuals need to simply manage & monitor their caloric intake. The combination of caloric deficit + strenuous exercise will take its toll mentally and physically. Ease into it, man.

Complex ratios and percentages can and will lead to a level of frustration for most people. Most of us are not uber-athletes who's bodies can sense the slightest change in fat/carb ratios. The caloric intake & expenditure math works, regardless of ratios. There's a single reason most folks fail at diets, whether keto/paleo/Atkins/Weight Watchers/etc, and that reason is discipline. Eat healthily, watch total caloric consumption, drink water. Questions?
yz133rider
2/28/2019 11:09am
LoudLove wrote:
Man, there's a lot of complicated math in this thread. And nothing will derail a plan quicker than complexity. Sure, it's easy and maybe a little...
Man, there's a lot of complicated math in this thread. And nothing will derail a plan quicker than complexity. Sure, it's easy and maybe a little fun at first, but eventually plans go off the rails when everything is measured with a mircometer.

Losing weight and healthy lifestyles are both simple and intuitive. Basic concepts like "shopping on the edges" and calorie-counting get the job done. If you consume fewer calories than you burn, you WILL lose weight. 1 pound of fat = 3500 calories, so a caloric deficit of 500 calories per day will result in 1 pound per week of fat loss. Simple math.

Another simplicity: only drink water. Period. Is there anything easier than just drinking the most plentiful liquid on the planet? Is someone cannot stick to this very simple template, then there is no way they can adhere to the stringent rules outlined above.

Also, when radically altering your diet, do not simultaneously engage in a new exercise regime. Overweight individuals need to simply manage & monitor their caloric intake. The combination of caloric deficit + strenuous exercise will take its toll mentally and physically. Ease into it, man.

Complex ratios and percentages can and will lead to a level of frustration for most people. Most of us are not uber-athletes who's bodies can sense the slightest change in fat/carb ratios. The caloric intake & expenditure math works, regardless of ratios. There's a single reason most folks fail at diets, whether keto/paleo/Atkins/Weight Watchers/etc, and that reason is discipline. Eat healthily, watch total caloric consumption, drink water. Questions?
Most of us are pretty familiar with the rules here. Thanks for the grade school health class traditional refresher.
2/28/2019 12:55pm
LoudLove wrote:
Man, there's a lot of complicated math in this thread. And nothing will derail a plan quicker than complexity. Sure, it's easy and maybe a little...

Calorie counting does not work.

1. If you’re in a diabetic state, even with a deficit, you probably wont lose weight. I gained 7 lbs while on a caloric deficit over 9 months. Burned no less than 4000 calories per day during that time. Made no difference.

2. If your macro ratios arent right, most caloric deficits will not work long term because binge eating will occur. If the solution is to rely on will power, Ive found that is a recipe for failure. And certainly harder than simply eating foods that are nutrient dense (and filling) so that you’re not going to bed hungry.

Nothing is easier than putting your body into a “fat burning” mode and letting it do the work for you. This isn’t a complicated process. I check my macros every night, but not while eating, because I know if Im eating high fat foods, it all works out in the end.

The Shop

2/28/2019 1:07pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Quick question, should I be hitting my macro goals on a per meal or per day basis? Right now breakfast is 100% fat, or if I...
Quick question, should I be hitting my macro goals on a per meal or per day basis? Right now breakfast is 100% fat, or if I get some bacon in the morning it comes to 93% fat 7% protein. Then throughout the day, it balances out. Lunch will put me at a damn near perfect 5/20/75, then an afternoon snack followed by dinner will put me at like 7/22/71 at which point I take a shot or two of olive oil(pure fat) and get back to 5/20/75. Is this acceptable or should I focus on hitting 5/20/75 at every meal?

Also, lost 10lbs in 10 days. I'm assuming it was just water weight because it seems to have leveled off, actually gained a little back thankfully. Currently at 9.4lbs lost since starting 11 days ago. I'm 6'1" and started at 175, dropped to 165, then back up to 165.6. Losing weight isn't my goal, I'm doing it primarily to reduce joint inflammation and secondarily for the increased energy. If weight loss continues, should I up my caloric intake? Currently around 1500-1800 calories(not hungry for more).

Yes, that was all water weight. You’re body is still a few days (at best) from being fat adapted. There will be a minor plateaus throughout the process. But give it a lil more time and you’ll be fully fat adapted.

At 6’1” and 165, I’d guess your body fat % is already close to ideal. Depending on your muscle mass, you’ll probably level out at 160 lbs.

Dont over stress on a few % points. The fact that you’ve dropped the water weight shows you’re doing good. Eventually you will skip breakfast as a meal (to coffee & heavy cream). Just eat a large dinner that is 1000+ calories.

My average has been about 1450 calories per day over the last 8 months. Some days I go over 2000. It’s purely by accident. I dont stress on it. Im pretty much at my ideal body fat %.

If your weight loss drops below 160 or more importantly, if you FEEL sluggish, then increase your calories the way you’re doing it (olive oil, fats, etc).
motosmith
2/28/2019 2:05pm
LoudLove wrote:

Calorie counting does not work. 1. If you’re in a diabetic state, even with a deficit, you probably wont lose weight. I gained 7 lbs while...

1. If you’re in a diabetic state, even with a deficit, you probably wont lose weight. I gained 7 lbs while on a caloric deficit over 9 months. Burned no less than 4000 calories per day during that time. Made no difference.

2. If your macro ratios arent right, most caloric deficits will not work long term because binge eating will occur. If the solution is to rely on will power, Ive found that is a recipe for failure. And certainly harder than simply eating foods that are nutrient dense (and filling) so that you’re not going to bed hungry.

Nothing is easier than putting your body into a “fat burning” mode and letting it do the work for you. This isn’t a complicated process. I check my macros every night, but not while eating, because I know if Im eating high fat foods, it all works out in the end.
This is my 2 cents:

Caloric restriction is the only way to lose weight.

KETO works well because it makes caloric restriction easier to sustain. While in KETO the body doesn't think it needs food because it already has a supply of stored food (body fat), so this makes caloric restriction much easier. A person loses weight on KETO the same way they lose weight on any diet; they're in a state of caloric restriction. It's simply not possible to lose weight if you're consuming more calories than you're burning.
LoudLove
2/28/2019 3:40pm
My earlier statement requires a clarification: it is metabolically and physiologically impossible to burn more calories than you consume and gain fat or muscle weight. Water has zero calories but does have weight, so one could theoretically burn more calories, but water consumption could create an illusion of gaining weight.

Internet message boards are littered with testimonials of people who say they lived in a caloric deficit and gained weight. However, those testimonials are often accompanied by statements like "I gains 3 pounds in a week", which would require such an excessive ingestion of calories that their messages fall flat.

Bottom line, managing caloric intake, via calorie counting or keto, is required. There is no getting around it, and it's supported by math, physics, and mountains of scientific evidence. Sometimes a grade school refresher course provides the clearest path to success.
SEE ARE125
2/28/2019 3:51pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Quick question, should I be hitting my macro goals on a per meal or per day basis? Right now breakfast is 100% fat, or if I...

Yes, that was all water weight. You’re body is still a few days (at best) from being fat adapted. There will be a minor plateaus throughout...
Yes, that was all water weight. You’re body is still a few days (at best) from being fat adapted. There will be a minor plateaus throughout the process. But give it a lil more time and you’ll be fully fat adapted.

At 6’1” and 165, I’d guess your body fat % is already close to ideal. Depending on your muscle mass, you’ll probably level out at 160 lbs.

Dont over stress on a few % points. The fact that you’ve dropped the water weight shows you’re doing good. Eventually you will skip breakfast as a meal (to coffee & heavy cream). Just eat a large dinner that is 1000+ calories.

My average has been about 1450 calories per day over the last 8 months. Some days I go over 2000. It’s purely by accident. I dont stress on it. Im pretty much at my ideal body fat %.

If your weight loss drops below 160 or more importantly, if you FEEL sluggish, then increase your calories the way you’re doing it (olive oil, fats, etc).
Thanks! Yeah currently breakfast is 20oz of coffee with a tablespoon of organic butter stirred into it, 1 serving MCT oil, 1 serving olive oil. Basically all fat, but a couple days a week I’ll grab some bacon on the way to work.
erik_94COBRA
2/28/2019 3:52pm
LoudLove wrote:

Calorie counting does not work. 1. If you’re in a diabetic state, even with a deficit, you probably wont lose weight. I gained 7 lbs while...

motosmith wrote:
This is my 2 cents: Caloric restriction is the only way to lose weight. KETO works well because it makes caloric restriction easier to sustain. While...
This is my 2 cents:

Caloric restriction is the only way to lose weight.

KETO works well because it makes caloric restriction easier to sustain. While in KETO the body doesn't think it needs food because it already has a supply of stored food (body fat), so this makes caloric restriction much easier. A person loses weight on KETO the same way they lose weight on any diet; they're in a state of caloric restriction. It's simply not possible to lose weight if you're consuming more calories than you're burning.
Did I PM you last week? Can you please copy/paste it back to me?
2/28/2019 4:31pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2019 12:59pm
LoudLove wrote:
My earlier statement requires a clarification: it is metabolically and physiologically impossible to burn more calories than you consume and gain fat or muscle weight. Water...
My earlier statement requires a clarification: it is metabolically and physiologically impossible to burn more calories than you consume and gain fat or muscle weight. Water has zero calories but does have weight, so one could theoretically burn more calories, but water consumption could create an illusion of gaining weight.

Internet message boards are littered with testimonials of people who say they lived in a caloric deficit and gained weight. However, those testimonials are often accompanied by statements like "I gains 3 pounds in a week", which would require such an excessive ingestion of calories that their messages fall flat.

Bottom line, managing caloric intake, via calorie counting or keto, is required. There is no getting around it, and it's supported by math, physics, and mountains of scientific evidence. Sometimes a grade school refresher course provides the clearest path to success.
Not true.

A simple caloric deficit does not guarantee weight loss.

Not all calories equal the same amount of energy. And not all exercise will amount to the same caloric expenditure. Using calories as a rough estimate of energy in/out only goes so far. It’s best used as a reference, not a exact calculation.

Hormones, age, testosterone levels, existing health issues, the source of calories, body size, and the type of exercise all can really effect results, or lack there of.

Im still living on a caloric deficit to this day. I stopped losing weight a long while back. The reason being is that the sources of my calories are denser in energy & nutrition.

Im glad you brought up “clearest path to success”. Because that’s what this thread is about. I’ve been helping people get healthy for a while now. I track their food & physical measurements for months in most cases. I got a decent case study on what works and doesnt. Those that have attempted to count calories while going keto in a effort to speed things up have all failed. And of course, our country is littered with people who have tried calorie counting (without keto) and mostly failed. It’s not sustainable for a number of reasons already outlined in this thread.

If you think this is about weight loss more than simply being healthy, you missed the point of the thread.

And again, I’ll emphatically discourage anyone from oversimplifying this into simply being a “will power” issue. That’s not how addiction works. The physical addiction to sugar must be respected. As well as the health problems it causes that no amount of mental strength are going to have a counterbalance effect on.
Electro21
Fantasy
79th
2/28/2019 9:05pm
FLmxer wrote:
I have not tracked anything yet but have eliminated all sugar and have been eating completely keto. My head feels like it may pop today. I...
I have not tracked anything yet but have eliminated all sugar and have been eating completely keto. My head feels like it may pop today. I am going to fight through it. Instagram has great food ideas for Keto.
yz133rider wrote:
Make sure you are drinking much more water than usual. Make it a priority. Stay ahead on hydration and it will.help the headaches massively. Some sea...
Make sure you are drinking much more water than usual. Make it a priority. Stay ahead on hydration and it will.help the headaches massively.

Some sea salt in the water will help too.

akmx17 wrote:
Pickle Juice and power rade zero help me a lot.
You can pick up a gallon of pickle juice on Amazon for like $16 too. Much cheaper than jars at the grocery store.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
2/28/2019 11:01pm
Oh yall in here drinking pickle juice now?
LoudLove
3/1/2019 11:39am
Not true. A simple caloric deficit does not guarantee weight loss. Not all calories equal the same amount of energy. And not all exercise will amount...
Not true.

A simple caloric deficit does not guarantee weight loss.

Not all calories equal the same amount of energy. And not all exercise will amount to the same caloric expenditure. Using calories as a rough estimate of energy in/out only goes so far. It’s best used as a reference, not a exact calculation.

Hormones, age, testosterone levels, existing health issues, the source of calories, body size, and the type of exercise all can really effect results, or lack there of.

Im still living on a caloric deficit to this day. I stopped losing weight a long while back. The reason being is that the sources of my calories are denser in energy & nutrition.

Im glad you brought up “clearest path to success”. Because that’s what this thread is about. I’ve been helping people get healthy for a while now. I track their food & physical measurements for months in most cases. I got a decent case study on what works and doesnt. Those that have attempted to count calories while going keto in a effort to speed things up have all failed. And of course, our country is littered with people who have tried calorie counting (without keto) and mostly failed. It’s not sustainable for a number of reasons already outlined in this thread.

If you think this is about weight loss more than simply being healthy, you missed the point of the thread.

And again, I’ll emphatically discourage anyone from oversimplifying this into simply being a “will power” issue. That’s not how addiction works. The physical addiction to sugar must be respected. As well as the health problems it causes that no amount of mental strength are going to have a counterbalance effect on.
"A simple caloric deficit does not guarantee weight loss". According to the First Law of Thermodynamics, yes, it does. I can consume 1500 calories a day in McDonald's crap, but if I'm burning 2000, I will lose weight. Conversely, the most dedicated follower of Keto will gain weight if that person ingests 2500 calories but only burns 2000. In fact, they need to ingest only a single excess calorie, and the scale will rise, admittedly at a glacial pace.

To gain weight while in a state of caloric deficit is akin to a car's tank somehow having more gas in it after driving 10 miles than before leaving the driveway. Thermodynamic law states that energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only transformed or transferred. So calories are either stored or burned, and when the body burns more calories (energy) than it ingests, it must find another source of energy, and that is your body's stored sources (primarily fat). Burn energy sources, lose weight.

However, we are in complete agreement when discussing caloric value. While the McDonald's versus Keto math above is true, caloric sources will play a large role in thermodynamic efficiency. This is the foundation of a healthy approach to weight loss, versus pure calorie counting. A 1500 calorie per day diet is much better served by following Keto, as the plan revolves around foods that stimulate metabolic rates (a key player in thermodynamic efficiency). Sucking down 1500 calories a day in Big Macs will lead to weight loss, but at a slower rate, as that person's metabolism is simultaneously being adversely affected by the poor quality of those calories.

3/1/2019 12:41pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2019 12:46pm
LoudLove wrote:
"A simple caloric deficit does not guarantee weight loss". According to the First Law of Thermodynamics, yes, it does. I can consume 1500 calories a day...
"A simple caloric deficit does not guarantee weight loss". According to the First Law of Thermodynamics, yes, it does. I can consume 1500 calories a day in McDonald's crap, but if I'm burning 2000, I will lose weight. Conversely, the most dedicated follower of Keto will gain weight if that person ingests 2500 calories but only burns 2000. In fact, they need to ingest only a single excess calorie, and the scale will rise, admittedly at a glacial pace.

To gain weight while in a state of caloric deficit is akin to a car's tank somehow having more gas in it after driving 10 miles than before leaving the driveway. Thermodynamic law states that energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only transformed or transferred. So calories are either stored or burned, and when the body burns more calories (energy) than it ingests, it must find another source of energy, and that is your body's stored sources (primarily fat). Burn energy sources, lose weight.

However, we are in complete agreement when discussing caloric value. While the McDonald's versus Keto math above is true, caloric sources will play a large role in thermodynamic efficiency. This is the foundation of a healthy approach to weight loss, versus pure calorie counting. A 1500 calorie per day diet is much better served by following Keto, as the plan revolves around foods that stimulate metabolic rates (a key player in thermodynamic efficiency). Sucking down 1500 calories a day in Big Macs will lead to weight loss, but at a slower rate, as that person's metabolism is simultaneously being adversely affected by the poor quality of those calories.

You’re equating a calorie deficit with a energy deficit. From what Ive read, it says that’s a mistake.

The body uses calories from different sources differently. And thus why your McDonalds example doesnt work in reality. Nor is it healthy. And certainly not sustainable.

Again, I gained weight over 9 months of simple caloric deficit (not keto). And I’ve maintained weight over roughly 5 months of caloric deficit (while in ketosis). Ive also tracked the diets of people Ive helped that stopped losing weight from not having enough fat in their diet, and by adding 300-500 calories a day of fat, the weight loss got back on track. Adding calories in those cases actually lead to more weight loss. Likely because it lead to more energy and thus more activity. But also because the body didnt feel it was being starved.

From what Ive seen, by simply getting macros on track, initial weight loss was water weight. But then the fat just starts coming off regardless of the caloric intake / expenditure. Men seem to settle in at about 15% body fat. Women at around 20-25%.

You’re oversimplification of caloric deficit doesnt have a great track record. And keto isnt as complicated as you made it out to be. Keto does the heavy lifting for you and I dont think it’s because of the caloric deficit as much as it’s because your body is now firing on all cylinders.

The main point is, I just haven’t seen good results from people focused on caloric deficits. It’s been 100% failure for the people Ive monitored. And quite a few tried it because conventional wisdom told them it was just simple math. That doesn’t change the fact that what you’re saying in fact applies in principle to contestants on “Naked & Afraid”. But those are extreme conditions that equate to starving yourself. Yes, starving yourself can get results, but it’s not sustainable. The nuances get magnified when it’s not a matter of being starved and expecting a simple 500 calorie deficit while eating McDonalds to yield results.
LoudLove
3/1/2019 3:46pm
One thing to note: There's a difference between caloric deficit, and caloric INTAKE deficit. The body's own stores make up the difference when calories burned exceeds calories ingested. Ergo, weight loss.

I'm on your side when it pertains to healthy lifestyles and making the right choices in nutrition and activity. But it's called the LAW of Thermodynamics for a reason: it is unequivocal and absolute. A machine that requires 2000 calories to operate, but is fed only 1500, will stop functioning, as it has depleted its fuel source. The human body, also a machine, can burn 2000 calories, intake only 1500, and furnish the remaining 500 calories via stored fuel sources. 500 calories = 1/7th of a pound of fat. Ergo, weight loss.

The caloric deficit equation may be an oversimplification, but it has science and physics on its side. And when adhered to, it has a perfect track record. However, the process has a flaw, and that is the human element. People will over-estimate their caloric expenditure, and underestimate caloric intake, then claim they are gaining weight while living in caloric deficit. That is not only improbable, it's impossible.

Again, adhering to Keto is a healthy choice, and much better alternative than caloric deprivation. It strengthens the metabolism and provides superior fuel sources. But it is not capable of bending the laws of physics.
mikec265
3/1/2019 6:31pm
I bought a whole cow from a friend's farm. Grass fed, no crap. Did well doing 100% carnivore for a few weeks, but damn I love pizza and donuts. I think my problem is that winter is depressing, or maybe my problem is I'm a pussy. Can't wait for my suspension to come back and the weather to warm up, and for the snow and mud to dry up. I would like to get back at it, but I need enjoyable exercise like mx to help boost my will power. I sure as hell felt a lot better eating mainly keto and then carnivore for a short period.
3/1/2019 7:11pm
mikec265 wrote:
I bought a whole cow from a friend's farm. Grass fed, no crap. Did well doing 100% carnivore for a few weeks, but damn I love...
I bought a whole cow from a friend's farm. Grass fed, no crap. Did well doing 100% carnivore for a few weeks, but damn I love pizza and donuts. I think my problem is that winter is depressing, or maybe my problem is I'm a pussy. Can't wait for my suspension to come back and the weather to warm up, and for the snow and mud to dry up. I would like to get back at it, but I need enjoyable exercise like mx to help boost my will power. I sure as hell felt a lot better eating mainly keto and then carnivore for a short period.
Don’t be so hard on yourself. Will power is overrated.

The key is finding a tangible motivator. Maybe MX is that, it depends on how competitive you are.

I love pizza & pasta like the next person. But I found my motivator. Getting rid of back pain has been so profound that not even a trip to Italy would get me eating pasta again.
ocscottie
3/1/2019 8:47pm
Dude i was cleaning my room and found a ziplock bag that had 1 M&M in it...probably been there for 6 months lol I savored that sucker! Only piece of candy since Jan 1, and i was a real junk food junky, always hand various candy's around, mostly sweet and sour stuff.

Im pretty proud to have totally eliminated it like a boss. Cool

..but that ONE m&m was pretty damn good.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
3/2/2019 11:34am
Kind of surprised that my Ketosis blood rest is only .5 and my wife was .1. We have been really strict for over a week.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
3/2/2019 11:34am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2019 11:40am
Kind of surprised that my Ketosis blood test is only .5 and my wife was .1. We have been really strict for over a week.
Just found my wife's gear fit2 watch that she lost the first day a year ago or more. It seems like a very high end model compared to the one I used to wear. The band has a horrible soft clasp that pops out easily but I just looked and they have replacements now. I was going to order the Fitbit charge3 because it is on top of all the shootouts but the reviews are horrible. I am going to use this gear fit2 and get her something else today on Amazon maybe just another gear fit. We have Android s9plus phones.
Frank
3/3/2019 4:48pm
Every lifestyle eating plan works since they all embrace eliminating processed/refined foods. Vegan/Keto/Etc.

I eliminated all dairy, oil, processed foods and stopped frying up animals.

Can't even jam 2500 cal into my 244lb body per day. Stuffed all the time.

Lost 36lb in the last 3 months without working out.

Zero fat and zero cholesterol clogging my veins.

Brown rice and veggies/beans
Whole grain spaghetti for cheat meal 1x/wk
Spinach/kale salads
Air fried potato fries.
Cinnamon raisin oatmeal

$17 per week.

Eliminate all usa food establishments. (mcdonalds, burgerking, tacobell, kfc, pizza hut, chipotle,etc)

If you need to kill animals only buy organic grass fed beef. It is not filled with the antibiotics and growth hormones of standard american meat.

ocscottie
3/4/2019 3:36am
"Lost 36lb in the last 3 months without working out."

That is very impressive Frank! Well done ?
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
3/4/2019 7:04am
So we decided to buy one of the 28 day meal plans off some random person on Instagram for $28. Lol We picked one
that seemed to like the same concoctions we would enjoy and had the best reviews. Figured it will eliminate any mistakes and make it a bit easier. We also purchased some new dust collectors or I mean excercise machines and put in living room with our Peloton bike.
Besides the excessive cokes that I believe was the sole reason I fell out of shape, (wait round is a shape) we really always ate healthy. I have not had a single drive thru in over a decade but after getting diagnosed with the food allergy I started drinking the sodas and sweets to have some flavor because most of the original gluten free food was so tasteless but before that I never ate much of it all until then. Luckily the Gluten free options are excellent now. Here is a picture of our fridge before Keto.

3/4/2019 9:35am
Frank wrote:
Every lifestyle eating plan works since they all embrace eliminating processed/refined foods. Vegan/Keto/Etc. I eliminated all dairy, oil, processed foods and stopped frying up animals. Can't...
Every lifestyle eating plan works since they all embrace eliminating processed/refined foods. Vegan/Keto/Etc.

Spinach/kale salads
Air fried potato fries.
Cinnamon raisin oatmeal

$17 per week.

Eliminate all usa food establishments. (mcdonalds, burgerking, tacobell, kfc, pizza hut, chipotle,etc)

If you need to kill animals only buy organic grass fed beef. It is not filled with the antibiotics and growth hormones of standard american meat.

Define “works”?

If by “works” you mean losing weight, not even veganism ensures that. Plenty actually gain weight while being vegan. Their macros are all fucked up, it’s a high carb lifestyle for many.

Losing weight doesnt mean you’re actually getting healthier. The point of this thread is about getting healthy, weight loss is just a nice byproduct of it.

I bet if you tracked your macro nutrition you’d see you’re running on sugar. Which is not healthy, even if you’re losing weight.

Oh, and fat & cholesterol are not a bad thing. They’re essential.
3/4/2019 9:37am
FLmxer wrote:
So we decided to buy one of the 28 day meal plans off some random person on Instagram for $28. Lol We picked one that seemed...
So we decided to buy one of the 28 day meal plans off some random person on Instagram for $28. Lol We picked one
that seemed to like the same concoctions we would enjoy and had the best reviews. Figured it will eliminate any mistakes and make it a bit easier. We also purchased some new dust collectors or I mean excercise machines and put in living room with our Peloton bike.
Besides the excessive cokes that I believe was the sole reason I fell out of shape, (wait round is a shape) we really always ate healthy. I have not had a single drive thru in over a decade but after getting diagnosed with the food allergy I started drinking the sodas and sweets to have some flavor because most of the original gluten free food was so tasteless but before that I never ate much of it all until then. Luckily the Gluten free options are excellent now. Here is a picture of our fridge before Keto.

Yeah but show us the PANTRY where all the snacks are hidden! Hahaha just giving you shit.
motosmith
3/5/2019 9:40am
This vid might not be completely on topic for this thread but its really interesting stuff.

Frank
3/5/2019 3:14pm
Frank wrote:
Every lifestyle eating plan works since they all embrace eliminating processed/refined foods. Vegan/Keto/Etc. I eliminated all dairy, oil, processed foods and stopped frying up animals. Can't...

Spinach/kale salads
Air fried potato fries.
Cinnamon raisin oatmeal

$17 per week.

Define “works”? If by “works” you mean losing weight, not even veganism ensures that. Plenty actually gain weight while being vegan. Their macros are all fucked...
Define “works”?

If by “works” you mean losing weight, not even veganism ensures that. Plenty actually gain weight while being vegan. Their macros are all fucked up, it’s a high carb lifestyle for many.

Losing weight doesnt mean you’re actually getting healthier. The point of this thread is about getting healthy, weight loss is just a nice byproduct of it.

I bet if you tracked your macro nutrition you’d see you’re running on sugar. Which is not healthy, even if you’re losing weight.

Oh, and fat & cholesterol are not a bad thing. They’re essential.

Not here to start a fight. The evangelistic attitude of those who improved their health with 1 method is the reason americans have zero clue how to eat. Everything contradicts each other. My point was if you eliminate the standard american diet (SAD) you see massive improvements regardless what path you choose. It's so simple.
There are many ways to eat that work awesome. Keto works. Vegan works. Everything works if you get rid of of processed/refined food.
Never buy anything that comes in a box or shrink wrapped in plastic and stop eating at all non whole food restaurants and you will see major beneficial changes. Get ride of all refined sugars, flour and white rice and you will see huge benefits. Eliminate soda and energy drinks (even "zero cal") and see more. Get rid of all oils and the see huge improvements. You dont need oil to cook anything.
Eliminating all dairy was the single most beneficial thing to me. Cow estrogentic hormones were my life. Milk, cheese, eggs, yogurt were cheap and "healthy". Do your own research via studies not fucken You "need more hits" Tube.

Everything works other than the Standard American Diet. Eat like your parents or your grand parents and you will be fine.

Tom Brady eats 80% vegetables, 10% whole grains and 10% protein. Zero dairy. He seems to be in good health.

Lewis Hamilton is 100% vegan. Zero dairy. Looks like his diet is working pretty good for him.

Lebron James - Keto. Zero dairy. No concerns with his ability to perform.

Eliminating all dairy works for them also.

There are millions of people thriving on vegan and keto, etc lifestyles.

The reason your insurance premiums, coverage and health care cost are so high is because of those who chose to NOT follow a whole food diet. Unfortunately this is 99% of the usa. 90% of medicare is spent on providing pills/shots to obese people. They did that to themselves and your paying for it.

The meat, dairy and pharmaceutical industries are so huge nothing is going to change. Doctor's have zero financial incentive to stop the cause of the health disease and 100% financial gain for prescriptions and operations.

The only person who owns your health is you. Put whole food (animal or plant) into your body and you are going to thrive.

Fast food/processed food mcf's are no better than a corner herion dealer.

Whole food. Fuck the standard american diet.
3/5/2019 3:46pm
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and for being thorough. I’m of the view that different diets work for different people. For some...
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and for being thorough. I’m of the view that different diets work for different people. For some, vegan diets may work, and maybe not so well for others. Some people can’t tolerate gluten for example, so any diet that they adopt, it will have to be adjusted to account for that.

I think the keto diet probably works well for some, and it has been shown to help lose weight, but I don’t think diets that include as a primary food of consumption, meat, are beneficial given some of the health issues associated with meat consumption.

For me, it’s also an ethical choice since aggressive agriculture, use of pesticides and other pollutants are killing off the insect population at alarming rates. This is completely a man made extinction and is driven by our irresponsible meat consumption. It will have profound and quite frightening consequences in as little as 100 years.

That, and I think most of how these animals are farmed and the killings of these animals are not humane.

So for me, I think a diet with much less meat (or onl seafood) is a better choice for many different reasons.
Vegan does not work, for anyone. It's purely an ideological based diet. Those that subscribe to it do it for their own ethical reasons. Science doesnt...
Vegan does not work, for anyone. It's purely an ideological based diet. Those that subscribe to it do it for their own ethical reasons. Science doesnt back up veganism tho.

(let me clarify, plenty “survive” as vegans. When I say something “doesnt work”, Im not saying they cant survive, heck, many survive on Jack-in-the-Box, but it is not healthy)

As for gluten, I explained it in my initial post. The fact that we dont use yeast in America is why the gluten doesnt get broken down prior to consumption and thus becomes a problem. The whole "gluten free" fad is bandaid approach to avoiding the core issue.

The notion that your body functions differently than mine or would require a high carb diet vs mine requiring a high fat diet is ludicrous. We have varying tolerances, but at the end of the day, we're the same species. It's not like when you drink vodka you dont get drunk yet I do. It's convenient to say "we're all different" and nobody wants to question that sort of outlook, but that spits in the face of science.

The health issues associated with meat consumption again, arent backed by the science. I'd give these a listen if I were you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dnajncgxwg&t=407s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF0FhGzroS4&t=6s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPrkBKhAa-k&t=3557s

It's not even a ethical choice regarding aggressive agriculture. Throw your morals out. It is a fact, that industrial ag is bad for the environment and not sustainable. It's a fact that insects are dying off at alarming rates. It's a fact that this will have dire consequences on our species down the road. And lastly, industrial meat production pretty easily appears responsible for the majority of greenhouse gases. How they are farmed is indeed inhumane.

But you're not going to change our genetic makeup to avoid the fact that it's what we're best suited to eat.

The answer isnt to eat only industrial ag provided vegetables. Or the typically highly processed foods associated with veganism.

The answer is LESS PEOPLE. This planet is way over capacity. It isnt even possible to farm enough meat to feed everyone. But that doesnt change the fact that it's what we're best suited to eat. You can try feeding everyone with cheap carbs, and you'll succeed in doing so with the help of GMO based crops, and you'll only help to the killing off of the bees. But it will come with a lot of carb caused health issues.

Whether you eat meat or are vegan will not make a difference. Both require industrial agriculture that causes the environmental issues we both agree on. So has anything really been solved?

This really is two different topics. What's best for human nutrition and then how to prevent the destruction of the ecosystem that we depend on. The solutions dont have to be in conflict. But the moment I start telling someone that we all need to start having less offspring, not only does that go against every basic need of survival, but we're all so entitled to our "3 kids & a white picket fence" that anytime you prove that overpopulation is the problem, people tend to get offended and declare Im a eugenist.

Let's take for example your notion that you'd only eat seafood. The ocean has been over fished. The seafood industry relies heavily on farmed fish. Of which are disgusting because they are clones and have all sorts of genetic disorders. They're fed horrible diets and full of antibiotics. So because the ocean is over fished should we convince ourselves that fish isnt healthy? Of course not. That's the same sort of logic used towards red meat.

Fishing isnt bad for the environment, OVER FISHING is.
Farming isnt bad for the environment, INDUSTRIAL AG is.
Fish isnt bad for you, FARMED FISH is.

This approach that we'd blame the food source rather than the way it's produced because we dont want to look at the harsh truth (overpopulation) leads us down a really misguided path.
I’ll have to digest your videos and links when I get some time, but vegan diets do work, and they work well when done properly. Studies have affirmed time and time again that vegan’s and vegitarians (and peskitarians) have lower rates of heart disease, diabetes, and slightly lower risks of cancer compared to other diets
3/5/2019 3:47pm
Frank wrote:
Not here to start a fight. The evangelistic attitude of those who improved their health with 1 method is the reason americans have zero clue how...

Not here to start a fight. The evangelistic attitude of those who improved their health with 1 method is the reason americans have zero clue how to eat. Everything contradicts each other. My point was if you eliminate the standard american diet (SAD) you see massive improvements regardless what path you choose. It's so simple.
There are many ways to eat that work awesome. Keto works. Vegan works. Everything works if you get rid of of processed/refined food.
Never buy anything that comes in a box or shrink wrapped in plastic and stop eating at all non whole food restaurants and you will see major beneficial changes. Get ride of all refined sugars, flour and white rice and you will see huge benefits. Eliminate soda and energy drinks (even "zero cal") and see more. Get rid of all oils and the see huge improvements. You dont need oil to cook anything.
Eliminating all dairy was the single most beneficial thing to me. Cow estrogentic hormones were my life. Milk, cheese, eggs, yogurt were cheap and "healthy". Do your own research via studies not fucken You "need more hits" Tube.

Everything works other than the Standard American Diet. Eat like your parents or your grand parents and you will be fine.

Tom Brady eats 80% vegetables, 10% whole grains and 10% protein. Zero dairy. He seems to be in good health.

Lewis Hamilton is 100% vegan. Zero dairy. Looks like his diet is working pretty good for him.

Lebron James - Keto. Zero dairy. No concerns with his ability to perform.

Eliminating all dairy works for them also.

There are millions of people thriving on vegan and keto, etc lifestyles.

The reason your insurance premiums, coverage and health care cost are so high is because of those who chose to NOT follow a whole food diet. Unfortunately this is 99% of the usa. 90% of medicare is spent on providing pills/shots to obese people. They did that to themselves and your paying for it.

The meat, dairy and pharmaceutical industries are so huge nothing is going to change. Doctor's have zero financial incentive to stop the cause of the health disease and 100% financial gain for prescriptions and operations.

The only person who owns your health is you. Put whole food (animal or plant) into your body and you are going to thrive.

Fast food/processed food mcf's are no better than a corner herion dealer.

Whole food. Fuck the standard american diet.
I’ll ask again, define “works”. You keep saying what “works” yet that is a very ambiguous term.

The reason veganism doesnt “work” is because science doesnt give a rats ass about anyone’s moral compass. And being that veganism’s entire platform is rooted in ethics & morals, that then try to shape the science to suit that paradigm, it’s flawed from the jump start.

And when I say “work”, Im referring to being healthy. Just because Lewis Hamilton is fit & athletic doesnt mean he’s healthy. Wait until he’s older and the mistakes are magnified, then we’ll talk. He’s in the prime of his life, his body can handle a lot of abuse.

I know plenty of vegans personally. None of them are “thriving”. They eventually gain weight, are lethargic/low energy, and are running predominantly on sugar. That will have bad health implications down the road. And none of them understand basic macro nutrition. Their entire reason for going vegan is due to their morals. Again, science dont give a damn. A high sugar diet is no bueno, fact.

There’s a best way that humans are supposed to eat. It’s the pursuit of that, that lead me to keto. And the idea that different diets work for different people is a joke. It’s basically implying that your liver’s basic functionality is different than mine. Sorry, doesnt work that way. We’re all the same species.

Post a reply to: Keto

The Latest