Keto

gabrielito
2/16/2019 12:30pm
It's not a high protein diet. Everytime you make some assertion on this topic that you clearly havent researched, it only hurts your case. Im all...
It's not a high protein diet. Everytime you make some assertion on this topic that you clearly havent researched, it only hurts your case. Im all for debate, but you gotta actually get the basic facts right. And please bring more to the table than just proclaiming "grains are good for you". Prior to this conversation, were you even aware that protein was a source of glucose? Or that the brain works just fine on ketones?

I eat way less protein than the average American. Keto wouldnt work if it was high protein. You'd bounce yourself right out of ketosis. You need to do some reading on this, in particular, the fact that a gram of protein isnt the same caloric value as a gram of fat. You dont have even the most basic understanding of macro nutrients and admittedly are out of your depth.

No offense to your wife, but citing her as a referencing doesnt do anything for this debate. She's been indoctrinated in one school of thought, which by the way, since the introduction of the "balance diet" fad, we've seen cardiovascular disease skyrocket in this country. America's conventional wisdom on nutrition isnt exactly a ringing endorsement.

And for the record, I am a average joe. I've spent most of my adult life around pro athletes that are actually genetically gifted and Im certainly not one of them. Neither are any of the players that went keto with me. And I've tested this throughout a very wide spread of genetic backgrounds (Indian, Middle Eastern, Euro, Young, and Old). It's worked with all humans alike. Nobody has some special liver that functions differently than the rest of us.

The person who turned me on to Keto? He's been keto for 6 years now. Less than 5 grams of carbs per day!

I totally understand the reservation to "fad diets" tho. Just know, that the "balanced diet" is one also. Maybe it's time has run it's course. Considering the health crisis in this country, it's time to be open to that possibility.
https://sydney.edu.au/news-opinion/news/2015/08/10/starchy-carbs--not-a…

New research suggests Palaeolithic humans would not have evolved on today's 'Paleo' diet

"Starchy carbohydrates were a major factor in the evolution of the human brain, according to a new study co-authored by researchers from the University of Sydney's Charles Perkins Centre and Faculty of Agriculture and Environment"

"Starches would have been readily available to early human populations in the form of tubers, seeds and some fruits and nuts. But it was only with the advent of cooking that such foods became more easily digested, leading to “transformational” changes in human evolution, said co-author Professor Les Copeland.
“Cooking starchy foods was central to the dietary change that triggered and sustained the growth of the human brain,” Professor Copeland said'.
2/16/2019 1:48pm
gabrielito wrote:
https://sydney.edu.au/news-opinion/news/2015/08/10/starchy-carbs--not-a-paleo-diet--advanced-the-human-race.html [i] [b]New research suggests Palaeolithic humans would not have evolved on today's 'Paleo' diet Share[/b] "Starchy carbohydrates were a major factor in the evolution of...
https://sydney.edu.au/news-opinion/news/2015/08/10/starchy-carbs--not-a…

New research suggests Palaeolithic humans would not have evolved on today's 'Paleo' diet

"Starchy carbohydrates were a major factor in the evolution of the human brain, according to a new study co-authored by researchers from the University of Sydney's Charles Perkins Centre and Faculty of Agriculture and Environment"

"Starches would have been readily available to early human populations in the form of tubers, seeds and some fruits and nuts. But it was only with the advent of cooking that such foods became more easily digested, leading to “transformational” changes in human evolution, said co-author Professor Les Copeland.
“Cooking starchy foods was central to the dietary change that triggered and sustained the growth of the human brain,” Professor Copeland said'.
I read that article already. It made claims, and didnt back any of it up. There is literally no evidence cited as to how carbs helped humans evolve. Really hollow. Furthermore, look who published the article.

My theory is that easy to consume carbs during critical points in human history made for better-than-available-at-the-time glucose. And therefore helped cognitive function. Was it optimal? No. Did it pose other health issues, yes. But what was the alternative? Food wasn’t available as easy as it is today. Malnutrition was common. Starchy foods kept the brain easily fed. As i stated in my original post, carbs are a great backup plan.

I’ve never said glucose wasnt needed or beneficial. I’ve said that glucose from carbs comes with problems. But again, you havent read this thread at all. You’re shooting from the hip.

If you can get your glucose from protein, you can & should, as you avoid all the health related issues of a “balanced diet”. And there’s no reason brain development would be impaired. We dont live in paleolitic times. Food isnt scarce. There is no excuse for malnutrition.
2/17/2019 3:31pm
I gotcha, thanks for clarifying it for me. ? But let me ask you this: do you think that different types of diets work for different...
I gotcha, thanks for clarifying it for me. ?

But let me ask you this: do you think that different types of diets work for different types of people due to differences in chemical makeup and such?
I definitely think there is room for variances. I run a 75-20-5 ratio. Could someone else require slightly different for optimal performance? Say, 70-25-5, sure. There’s...
I definitely think there is room for variances.

I run a 75-20-5 ratio. Could someone else require slightly different for optimal performance? Say, 70-25-5, sure. There’s solid reason to believe that.

But to stretch that theory to say that your liver functions completely different than mine, or that your body doesnt get glycemic spikes from high glycemic foods, that’s where I draw the line. We’re all humans. We aint THAT different.

But we also do have genetic variances. Some of us do handle insulin production naturally better than others. As did I for most my life, but after enough abuse, I’d created a diabetic state. No different than any other human that abuses sugar be it while they’re pregnant & causing their child to have diabetes or later in life. We all might have varying degrees of tolerances, but in the end, we’re all the same species.
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and for being thorough. I’m of the view that different diets work for different people. For some, vegan diets may work, and maybe not so well for others. Some people can’t tolerate gluten for example, so any diet that they adopt, it will have to be adjusted to account for that.

I think the keto diet probably works well for some, and it has been shown to help lose weight, but I don’t think diets that include as a primary food of consumption, meat, are beneficial given some of the health issues associated with meat consumption.

For me, it’s also an ethical choice since aggressive agriculture, use of pesticides and other pollutants are killing off the insect population at alarming rates. This is completely a man made extinction and is driven by our irresponsible meat consumption. It will have profound and quite frightening consequences in as little as 100 years.

That, and I think most of how these animals are farmed and the killings of these animals are not humane.

So for me, I think a diet with much less meat (or onl seafood) is a better choice for many different reasons.
2/17/2019 4:24pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2019 5:48pm
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and for being thorough. I’m of the view that different diets work for different people. For some...
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and for being thorough. I’m of the view that different diets work for different people. For some, vegan diets may work, and maybe not so well for others. Some people can’t tolerate gluten for example, so any diet that they adopt, it will have to be adjusted to account for that.

I think the keto diet probably works well for some, and it has been shown to help lose weight, but I don’t think diets that include as a primary food of consumption, meat, are beneficial given some of the health issues associated with meat consumption.

For me, it’s also an ethical choice since aggressive agriculture, use of pesticides and other pollutants are killing off the insect population at alarming rates. This is completely a man made extinction and is driven by our irresponsible meat consumption. It will have profound and quite frightening consequences in as little as 100 years.

That, and I think most of how these animals are farmed and the killings of these animals are not humane.

So for me, I think a diet with much less meat (or onl seafood) is a better choice for many different reasons.
Vegan does not work, for anyone. It's purely an ideological based diet. Those that subscribe to it do it for their own ethical reasons. Science doesnt back up veganism tho.

(let me clarify, plenty “survive” as vegans. When I say something “doesnt work”, Im not saying they cant survive, heck, many survive on Jack-in-the-Box, but it is not healthy)

As for gluten, I explained it in my initial post. The fact that we dont use yeast in America is why the gluten doesnt get broken down prior to consumption and thus becomes a problem. The whole "gluten free" fad is bandaid approach to avoiding the core issue.

The notion that your body functions differently than mine or would require a high carb diet vs mine requiring a high fat diet is ludicrous. We have varying tolerances, but at the end of the day, we're the same species. It's not like when you drink vodka you dont get drunk yet I do. It's convenient to say "we're all different" and nobody wants to question that sort of outlook, but that spits in the face of science.

The health issues associated with meat consumption again, arent backed by the science. I'd give these a listen if I were you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dnajncgxwg&t=407s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF0FhGzroS4&t=6s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPrkBKhAa-k&t=3557s

It's not even a ethical choice regarding aggressive agriculture. Throw your morals out. It is a fact, that industrial ag is bad for the environment and not sustainable. It's a fact that insects are dying off at alarming rates. It's a fact that this will have dire consequences on our species down the road. And lastly, industrial meat production pretty easily appears responsible for the majority of greenhouse gases. How they are farmed is indeed inhumane.

But you're not going to change our genetic makeup to avoid the fact that it's what we're best suited to eat.

The answer isnt to eat only industrial ag provided vegetables. Or the typically highly processed foods associated with veganism.

The answer is LESS PEOPLE. This planet is way over capacity. It isnt even possible to farm enough meat to feed everyone. But that doesnt change the fact that it's what we're best suited to eat. You can try feeding everyone with cheap carbs, and you'll succeed in doing so with the help of GMO based crops, and you'll only help to the killing off of the bees. But it will come with a lot of carb caused health issues.

Whether you eat meat or are vegan will not make a difference. Both require industrial agriculture that causes the environmental issues we both agree on. So has anything really been solved?

This really is two different topics. What's best for human nutrition and then how to prevent the destruction of the ecosystem that we depend on. The solutions dont have to be in conflict. But the moment I start telling someone that we all need to start having less offspring, not only does that go against every basic need of survival, but we're all so entitled to our "3 kids & a white picket fence" that anytime you prove that overpopulation is the problem, people tend to get offended and declare Im a eugenist.

Let's take for example your notion that you'd only eat seafood. The ocean has been over fished. The seafood industry relies heavily on farmed fish. Of which are disgusting because they are clones and have all sorts of genetic disorders. They're fed horrible diets and full of antibiotics. So because the ocean is over fished should we convince ourselves that fish isnt healthy? Of course not. That's the same sort of logic used towards red meat.

Fishing isnt bad for the environment, OVER FISHING is.
Farming isnt bad for the environment, INDUSTRIAL AG is.
Fish isnt bad for you, FARMED FISH is.

This approach that we'd blame the food source rather than the way it's produced because we dont want to look at the harsh truth (overpopulation) leads us down a really misguided path.

The Shop

erik_94COBRA
2/20/2019 8:49am
Jabroni-

Glad to see your post on this.

I discovered the same basic thing you did on nutrition and it's impact on health just over 5 years ago. I then read basically all I could find on high fat/moderate protein/low carbohydrate diets for a year or so. I personally felt so damn good, along with eliminating most of the health issues that my immediate family had every had, and went on a multi year proselytizing spree. The key takeaway I have from this is to not waste time trying to change people's minds who are absolutely sure they are right (like some of the posters here). Plant seeds for those who actually want to change their shitty life situation and then provide info when you can. I burned myself out on trying to help for a while.

Anyways, my original account on my discovery is here if you're interested: https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/1114701-weight-loss-after-ditching…

For reference, my weight was ~ 188 lbs in July 2018 and stayed in a pretty narrow band that entire time. Never above 190 lbs, never below 184 lbs. I then started a weightlifting program and have been on it since. I am now around 195 lbs. This fluctuates depending on hydration, but I have also been drinking a lot of alcohol in the last couple of months. Alcohol is metabolically the same as fructose (sugar), which drives storage of fat/etc. while it is being processed. Will be drying up in order to lean out again.

For those who are not completely sold on keto (high fat/moderate protein/low carbohydrate diets) I would offer the two key benefits from what I've seen over normal calorie restriction (i.e. counting calories):

1. Hunger/cravings: When still in the carbohydrate burning mode (carb intake greater than 150g/day), my appetite is generally higher (particularly for carbs). If you have a sweet tooth of any sort, this can be problematic as it’s easy to eat a boatload of high sugar/high calorie sweets. A good friend of mine struggles with this aspect. When lower on the carb intake range, my appetite is very tame and sweets/etc aren’t even a consideration.

2. Muscle loss: with a higher carbohydrate diet and caloric restriction, some muscle loss is likely. This is why people who often go on crazy calorie restriction diets look like concentration camp survivors. Not a good look, and not particularly healthy.

When you get past the transition period (~2 weeks) you're never "hangry" ever again. And your body will use fat as fuel in line with the protein sparing strategy we're born with, rather than using muscle (protein) as a fuel (converting to sugars). Once adapted and used to the changes, it's fat loss on easy mode.

KETO FTW.

Erik
erik_94COBRA
2/20/2019 9:07am
Couple other comments on wheat/yeast/etc.

Modern wheat that has been hybridized and GM'd is not the same wheat humans used to eat. It is also not prepared the way it was traditionally (i.e. sourdough). Together, franken-wheat and modern food product manufacturing mean it is not particularly suited for anyone.

Further, no humans have the ability to properly digest wheat gluten (look up Fasano for more info on this). And all humans then experience some level of temporary intestinal permeability. If you have Celiac Disease or Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity, this can range from days to weeks. Good stuff is then not absorbed and bad stuff is allowed into bloodstream. A variety of health issues will then manifest mysteriously.

My family and I are completely wheat free for this reason.
SEE ARE125
2/21/2019 6:18am
Is there a way to edit the nutritional values on MyFitnessPal? I don’t want to edit a food on their entire system, just on my profile. Some foods show total carbs and others show net carbs and it’s skewing the macro pie chart, forcing me to keep track of everything separately. It would be nice to go in and edit a specific foods to only net carbs so it’s easier to track. That or people need to stop changing foods to show net carbs so I can quickly calculate net carbs myself. Having one food show net carbs and another show total carbs makes it a pain to do “total carbs - total fiber” within the app. Instead you have to go in and one by one recalculate all the foods that have total carbs listed, then add them to the net carbs, and then do the math with fat and protein to get the proper percentages of your macros.

Also, since rest is important, I highly recommend the Sleep Cycle app. I’ve been using it for a while now and I wake up energized at 5am every morning. You set a 30min window you want to wake up within, it monitors your sleep patterns and an alarm gently wakes you up at the perfect time. It also links to Philips Hue light bulbs, and will have the lights gradually get brighter to mimic a sunrise during that same 30min window, so you wake up naturally. Technology is crazy. lol
brlatm
2/21/2019 6:45am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Is there a way to edit the nutritional values on MyFitnessPal? I don’t want to edit a food on their entire system, just on my profile...
Is there a way to edit the nutritional values on MyFitnessPal? I don’t want to edit a food on their entire system, just on my profile. Some foods show total carbs and others show net carbs and it’s skewing the macro pie chart, forcing me to keep track of everything separately. It would be nice to go in and edit a specific foods to only net carbs so it’s easier to track. That or people need to stop changing foods to show net carbs so I can quickly calculate net carbs myself. Having one food show net carbs and another show total carbs makes it a pain to do “total carbs - total fiber” within the app. Instead you have to go in and one by one recalculate all the foods that have total carbs listed, then add them to the net carbs, and then do the math with fat and protein to get the proper percentages of your macros.

Also, since rest is important, I highly recommend the Sleep Cycle app. I’ve been using it for a while now and I wake up energized at 5am every morning. You set a 30min window you want to wake up within, it monitors your sleep patterns and an alarm gently wakes you up at the perfect time. It also links to Philips Hue light bulbs, and will have the lights gradually get brighter to mimic a sunrise during that same 30min window, so you wake up naturally. Technology is crazy. lol
Try the App FatSecret, when I tried Keto that is what I was using to track it. I need to just layoff some beer and get back on it again, but damn beer tastes great!
2/21/2019 1:27pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Is there a way to edit the nutritional values on MyFitnessPal? I don’t want to edit a food on their entire system, just on my profile...

That's why I dont even track my vegetables. It throws off the macro chart for the reason you stated, net carbs.

If I were you, I'd just not over stress on the pie chart if in the back of your mind you know you're getting a lot of fiber and the net carbs are low.

But to answer your question, I think in order to edit foods, you have to do it via the web browser portal. The app is limited.
2/21/2019 1:28pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:

brlatm wrote:
Try the App FatSecret, when I tried Keto that is what I was using to track it. I need to just layoff some beer and get...
Try the App FatSecret, when I tried Keto that is what I was using to track it. I need to just layoff some beer and get back on it again, but damn beer tastes great!
I used the FatSecret app for a while. It's a good app that has some good features.

I've stuck with the MyFitnessPal because it syncs better with Apple Healthkit.
2/21/2019 1:28pm
Jabroni- Glad to see your post on this. I discovered the same basic thing you did on nutrition and it's impact on health just over 5...
Jabroni-

Glad to see your post on this.

I discovered the same basic thing you did on nutrition and it's impact on health just over 5 years ago. I then read basically all I could find on high fat/moderate protein/low carbohydrate diets for a year or so. I personally felt so damn good, along with eliminating most of the health issues that my immediate family had every had, and went on a multi year proselytizing spree. The key takeaway I have from this is to not waste time trying to change people's minds who are absolutely sure they are right (like some of the posters here). Plant seeds for those who actually want to change their shitty life situation and then provide info when you can. I burned myself out on trying to help for a while.

Anyways, my original account on my discovery is here if you're interested: https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/1114701-weight-loss-after-ditching…

For reference, my weight was ~ 188 lbs in July 2018 and stayed in a pretty narrow band that entire time. Never above 190 lbs, never below 184 lbs. I then started a weightlifting program and have been on it since. I am now around 195 lbs. This fluctuates depending on hydration, but I have also been drinking a lot of alcohol in the last couple of months. Alcohol is metabolically the same as fructose (sugar), which drives storage of fat/etc. while it is being processed. Will be drying up in order to lean out again.

For those who are not completely sold on keto (high fat/moderate protein/low carbohydrate diets) I would offer the two key benefits from what I've seen over normal calorie restriction (i.e. counting calories):

1. Hunger/cravings: When still in the carbohydrate burning mode (carb intake greater than 150g/day), my appetite is generally higher (particularly for carbs). If you have a sweet tooth of any sort, this can be problematic as it’s easy to eat a boatload of high sugar/high calorie sweets. A good friend of mine struggles with this aspect. When lower on the carb intake range, my appetite is very tame and sweets/etc aren’t even a consideration.

2. Muscle loss: with a higher carbohydrate diet and caloric restriction, some muscle loss is likely. This is why people who often go on crazy calorie restriction diets look like concentration camp survivors. Not a good look, and not particularly healthy.

When you get past the transition period (~2 weeks) you're never "hangry" ever again. And your body will use fat as fuel in line with the protein sparing strategy we're born with, rather than using muscle (protein) as a fuel (converting to sugars). Once adapted and used to the changes, it's fat loss on easy mode.

KETO FTW.

Erik
Great stuff. Thankyou for sharing.
MX76er
2/21/2019 7:27pm
I’m tripping out after reading the whole thread. Sooo like the 80/10/10 diet from Doug graham is a joke lol. Good to hear from other avid cyclists and athletes on positive feedback. I am an avid cyclist who wants most out of my physical fitness efforts. Am definitely loosing energy because the sugar has been bogging me down! I have got to give this lifestyle change a go! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
2/22/2019 5:39am
All good info, GuyB should do a sub-forum just for Moto fitness threads! I have recently (last may) started my fitness journey and it hasn't been easy but have cut a lot of weight and built muscle since then....
SEE ARE125
2/22/2019 6:42am
Almost got the trifecta yesterday. Laughing

I’ve been buying Atkins frozen entrees for lunch due to their convenience. $3.99/ea at any grocery store and I can just microwave them at work. Carbs are low and protein is good, I just have to supplement the fat. I do that by adding a tablespoon of organic butter to my morning Black Rifle coffee and taking 15mL shots of extra virgin olive oil 2-3 times per day. And yes, I had peanut butter cups, too. Laughing They were low carb and sugar free. Only had 6g of sugar yesterday.
ocscottie
2/22/2019 10:10am
Damn i slipped up yesterday and had some fishsticks, they were awful! its so weird how my tastes are totally changing.
yz133rider
2/25/2019 10:44pm
Check that out only a few days in and almost got the ratios dead on.

One question i have is, at my size mfp suggests 1950 calories a day to lose 2lbs a week. I seem to generally end up more at 25-2700. Will keto help to lose without having a massive deficit? Or is calorie counting still super important?
yz133rider
2/25/2019 10:45pm
Oops forgot the pic .
just need to make a couple tweaks and ill get the balance there.
2/26/2019 12:49am
yz133rider wrote:
Check that out only a few days in and almost got the ratios dead on. One question i have is, at my size mfp suggests 1950...
Check that out only a few days in and almost got the ratios dead on.

One question i have is, at my size mfp suggests 1950 calories a day to lose 2lbs a week. I seem to generally end up more at 25-2700. Will keto help to lose without having a massive deficit? Or is calorie counting still super important?
DO. NOT. CALORIE. COUNT.

It simply isn’t necessary. Eat what best fuels your body and your metabolism will do the rest. Think of it as a gas pedal, the more you eat, the faster your metabolism will work (assuming you’re eating the right stuff). The fat will still come off as your body equalizes to it’s natural state of around 15% body fat.

Calorie deficits just aren’t necessary or productive. Especially early on. Eating your way thru keto flu is how you avoid keto flu.

Once you’re “fat adapted” your appetite will drop significantly. Skipping breakfast will feel normal. Lunch will be a snack. Dinner will be a meal. And you’ll settle in at around 1500 nutrient dense calories per day without any effort.
2/26/2019 12:54am
yz133rider wrote:
Oops forgot the pic . just need to make a couple tweaks and ill get the balance there. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/25/328048/s1200_Screenshot_2019_02_26_01_40_33.jpg[/img]
Oops forgot the pic .
just need to make a couple tweaks and ill get the balance there.
Way too much protein.

You’re in excess by at least 100 grams. Maybe a lot more. Which your liver will metabolize into glucose in these situations. So your actual net sugar intake for the day is 130+ grams.

We need to calculate your lean body mass (then multiply it by 0.62) so I can give you a better protein target.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
2/26/2019 8:55am
I have not tracked anything yet but have eliminated all sugar and have been eating completely keto. My head feels like it may pop today. I am going to fight through it. Instagram has great food ideas for Keto.
yz133rider
2/26/2019 9:53am
FLmxer wrote:
I have not tracked anything yet but have eliminated all sugar and have been eating completely keto. My head feels like it may pop today. I...
I have not tracked anything yet but have eliminated all sugar and have been eating completely keto. My head feels like it may pop today. I am going to fight through it. Instagram has great food ideas for Keto.
Make sure you are drinking much more water than usual. Make it a priority. Stay ahead on hydration and it will.help the headaches massively.

Some sea salt in the water will help too.

Shawn142
2/26/2019 7:45pm
Yea when I started my first week was really rough. I had a constant headache, it would even wake me up at night. Shows you how bad sugar can be for you.
akmx17
2/27/2019 1:06am
FLmxer wrote:
I have not tracked anything yet but have eliminated all sugar and have been eating completely keto. My head feels like it may pop today. I...
yz133rider wrote:
Make sure you are drinking much more water than usual. Make it a priority. Stay ahead on hydration and it will.help the headaches massively. Some sea...
Make sure you are drinking much more water than usual. Make it a priority. Stay ahead on hydration and it will.help the headaches massively.

Pickle Juice and power rade zero help me a lot.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
2/27/2019 8:17am
FLmxer wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
Make sure you are drinking much more water than usual. Make it a priority. Stay ahead on hydration and it will.help the headaches massively. Some sea...

Thanks you guys for the tips. I have been drinking about 100 ounces minimum a day. Wife made some Keto fatbombs last night and I only had a small piece and it was tasty. Literally quit cokes cold Turkey and all sugar so I think the sugar and caffeine is having it's way with me but I think the worst is over. I have been adding a small amount of Crystal Light to a few waters a day. We have basically copied an Instagram Keto food idea for each meal and everything has been great.
LoudLove
2/27/2019 9:32am
Guys, you are all missing the most simple way to get results: simply go back in time and change your parents' genetic codes. Problem solved!
2/27/2019 10:43am Edited Date/Time 2/27/2019 10:45am
FLmxer wrote:
yz133rider wrote:

akmx17 wrote:
Pickle Juice and power rade zero help me a lot.
I would advise staying away from Powerade or Gatorade or any “sugar free” drink that contains artificial sweeteners. One of the main ingredients is Suclarose.

https://www.downtoearth.org/articles/2009-03/68/sucralose-dangerous-sug…

Im gonna say this stuff is far from healthy.

Good on the pickle juice tho. High in sodium, which is super important as your body is flushing so much water early on.
2/27/2019 10:48am
FLmxer wrote:
yz133rider wrote:

FLmxer wrote:
Thanks you guys for the tips. I have been drinking about 100 ounces minimum a day. Wife made some Keto fatbombs last night and I only...
Thanks you guys for the tips. I have been drinking about 100 ounces minimum a day. Wife made some Keto fatbombs last night and I only had a small piece and it was tasty. Literally quit cokes cold Turkey and all sugar so I think the sugar and caffeine is having it's way with me but I think the worst is over. I have been adding a small amount of Crystal Light to a few waters a day. We have basically copied an Instagram Keto food idea for each meal and everything has been great.
Ditch the crystal light. It’s sweetener is aspartame. Really bad stuff.

Just get used to a “keto sprite”:

+pelligrino
+limes
+lemons

It doesnt take long before it tastes just like the real thing. And it’s perfectly healthy.
yz133rider
2/27/2019 5:39pm
This has been the easiest diet to follow for me. Yes big changes but my hunger is just gone. Im right around 2500 a day and not starving morning - night like i would feel eating traditionally.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
2/27/2019 7:19pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2019 7:21pm
yz133rider wrote:

FLmxer wrote:
Thanks you guys for the tips. I have been drinking about 100 ounces minimum a day. Wife made some Keto fatbombs last night and I only...
Ditch the crystal light. It’s sweetener is aspartame. Really bad stuff. Just get used to a “keto sprite”: +pelligrino +limes +lemons It doesnt take long before...
Ditch the crystal light. It’s sweetener is aspartame. Really bad stuff.

Just get used to a “keto sprite”:

+pelligrino
+limes
+lemons

It doesnt take long before it tastes just like the real thing. And it’s perfectly healthy.
Ok I bought some Pelligrino and used lemon and limes and it was ok but reminded me of the melted ice water of a finished Crown and coke with a lime after last call and it's mostly just melted ice but you have been holding it awhile and you are super happy to have it at that point. Those were good times.
No but really I think water is going to be it for awhile.

Post a reply to: Keto

The Latest