Just thought I’d share...

RCB33
Fantasy
90th
6/20/2018 1:33pm
Ok, so just thought I’d share this project my dad has been working on over the past year or so. He is a construction worker, as well as a poet and upon having a conversation with someone who seemed to look down on those who choose trades over cubicals, he decided to use his talent in poetry to promote construction in a positive light. I’m very proud to of been a part of this process with him and hope some of y’all who work in construction or other similar trades can draw inspiration for the message of the poem. Thank you.

|
Gworm
6/21/2018 6:02am
This is awesome. Very impressive. You and your father are very talented.

My Dad was a home builder. Built his first house on his own at 19, and did it for over 40 years. I also chose work over college and worked with him and also did excavation till I was in my mid 30's and started flying.

It is amazing how many people look down on the working man.

Thanks for sharing.
MR. X
6/21/2018 6:26am
I went the apprenticeship route over college , it wasn't a hard choice. I would have never graduated college.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
6/21/2018 7:19am
Great post. I had my first child at 18 so I had to go into the work force at a young age to support my family. I enjoy turning people’s worn out homes into things of beauty, with only a HS education. It amazes me when dealing with highly educated clients, some of them cannot figure out how to unscrew a lightbulb. There should be a college requirement of taking at least 2 semesters of common sense before you get your degree

The Shop

6/21/2018 8:01am
Hey smartest people I know are tradesman. Dumbest people I know have a PhD
RCB33
Fantasy
90th
6/21/2018 11:15am
Thanks for the positive feedback, it was crazy watching the video process come together. I didn't realize that amount work that went into editing until I met the actual video team. It's amazing all the different talented people who had to team up for this. Glad y'all appreciate it, I can't stress enough how much effort he put into this project and I'm glad to see it come to fruition. He has a Facebook page if anyone wants to check out his other poems.

Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Eric-Borden-Pasture-Poet-113496208761926/
JAFO92
6/21/2018 11:22am
Ditto that.
woodsrider427
6/21/2018 1:04pm
Great video, glad to see something like this out there. A close friend, who is also my accountant, tells me all the time that I'm the smartest uneducated person he knows. I guess that's a compliment.

20 years in business now as a general contractor and was a carpenter for many years before that, since high school. Dying trade for sure. Like said above, I too am amazed at how many highly educated clients we've had that can't do simple household projects. I guess I'm glad they can't.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
6/21/2018 3:36pm
I admire you guys with trade talents. I'm more the college-edumacated kind, but at least I can do plumbing and rudimentary painting. Don't ask me to do tile or anything involving a saw though!
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
6/22/2018 1:53am
Really nice. Me and your dad's name same!CoolLaughing
My sister in-law has a science degree, she's a glorified test tube scrubber.Silly
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
6/22/2018 7:09am
Falcon wrote:
I admire you guys with trade talents. I'm more the college-edumacated kind, but at least I can do plumbing and rudimentary painting. Don't ask me to...
I admire you guys with trade talents. I'm more the college-edumacated kind, but at least I can do plumbing and rudimentary painting. Don't ask me to do tile or anything involving a saw though!
You are college educated and on a Moto board. I already knew you were special before you mentioned plumbing.

I’m being serious. Your ability to obtain a degree and be able to fix your plumbing is a extraordinary talent and not shared by many.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
6/22/2018 8:18am
That's frickin awesome. I'm in engineering but my dad did construction his entire life and it always gave me a huge respect for it to see how hard he works.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
6/22/2018 11:26am
Falcon wrote:
I admire you guys with trade talents. I'm more the college-edumacated kind, but at least I can do plumbing and rudimentary painting. Don't ask me to...
KennyT wrote:
You are college educated and on a Moto board. I already knew you were special before you mentioned plumbing. I’m being serious. Your ability to obtain...
You are college educated and on a Moto board. I already knew you were special before you mentioned plumbing.

I’m being serious. Your ability to obtain a degree and be able to fix your plumbing is a extraordinary talent and not shared by many.
Haha, thanks!
I can rub my tummy and pat my head too!
plowboy
6/22/2018 7:44pm
RCB33 wrote:
Ok, so just thought I’d share this project my dad has been working on over the past year or so. He is a construction worker, as...
Ok, so just thought I’d share this project my dad has been working on over the past year or so. He is a construction worker, as well as a poet and upon having a conversation with someone who seemed to look down on those who choose trades over cubicals, he decided to use his talent in poetry to promote construction in a positive light. I’m very proud to of been a part of this process with him and hope some of y’all who work in construction or other similar trades can draw inspiration for the message of the poem. Thank you.

Cool as Hell. Always good to know there are still people out there that "get it". I have no heartache with those that get a degree and want to climb that corporate ladder. Good luck to ya....Enjoy. My respect, however, will always be to the working man. Those that do work and get it done. Those that need their wife's help to get out of bed at 4:30 am but choke down some aspirin and coffee and put in 10 or 12.

Post a reply to: Just thought I’d share...

The Latest