Just saw Ron Swanson/Nick Offerman stand up.

FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
Usually I come in here and tell you I had the best time at my local music hall and I still did but wow. This year was awesome with Dane cook, sebastian maniscalco, fluffy, the machine, seinfeld and so many more but man I was looking forward to the man's man Nick Offerman. Unfortunately it was like finding out Santa wasn't real. He basically spent 90 minutes saying white males are evil and hate all blacks and gays over and over and sang political songs. It was the most awkward show I ever saw and go to all of them. I went with my wife and our gay friends and after the first five minutes my buddy says this guy likes division and spews hate. It was sold out and I swear 5 people clapped when he went political and hateful, you could tell he was mad and pushed further. Dam he could be so funny if not for politics. I think the whole room was shocked. I always loved him but he was really the opposite of what I imagined. He sounded scarred to go out in the real world.
Everyone in the audience was like "noooo not true, where are you from where people are so hatefull?". Man what a sad disposition. He needs to get out in the real world where people of all types get along. It is mostly everywhere actually.
|
agn5009
12/6/2019 7:17pm
The best comedians dont pick sides. They make fun of absolutely everyone and every thing. I've been to quite a few shows and the two best I've seen are Tom Segura and Daniel Tosh. Literally no one is off limits with them and it's amazing.
SEE ARE125
12/6/2019 8:00pm Edited Date/Time 12/6/2019 8:06pm
I saw him a few weeks ago, and I agree. As soon as he walked on stage he said “I’m not going to pick the low hanging political fruit, you get enough of that on a daily basis...” and I was thinking “Great! Just some good comedy about everyday life stuff.” then I’ll be damned if he didn’t immediately go into a song about Brett Kavanaugh and “I like beer” or some shit. Did he also go on a tirade about plastic and then plug his reusable water bottle available at offermanwoodshop.com? lol We kept waiting for it to get funny and it never did, so we left after about 30min. We weren’t the only ones either.

How was Seinfeld? Offerman has me cautious about who I go see now. We went to Tosh last year and I’ve never laughed so hard in my life. He makes fun of both sides equally, and it’s in a comedic way, not an angry hate filled way, if that makes sense. Offerman was nothing more than a social justice tirade under the guise of stand-up comedy.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
12/6/2019 9:48pm
Seinfeld was excellent and had us in tears and I dont think he ever mentioned politics and I dont care if they do, funny is funny but tonight was a sad rant with very little comedy and very disconnected from the crowd.
I have seen he and his hilarious wife promote their book and seemed nice and pretty normal but definitely not the case apparently.

Post a reply to: Just saw Ron Swanson/Nick Offerman stand up.

The Latest