Just picked a new front load washer and dryer...

Meridian
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 1:38pm
Didn't think I could swing it (I'm on unemployment) but took advantage of Obama's cash for clunker appliances today. I get on my Obama phone and ring the Depot this morning and find out I just sneak under the wire for what few coupons are left for "green" appliances. I drive the Prius (the other clunker program) over and lay down my hard earned cash for a brand new Whirlpool.Get's delivered Wednesday and I hope that sumbitch can get it upstairs as I dont want to throw my back out till Obama care kicks in. Damn lucky to be alerted of this newest govenment benifit due to my "non digital" TV box coupon just arrived and I had to hook all that up myself at the last minute. Anybody else take advantage of the windfall appliance program?
|
Racer92
4/12/2010 7:22pm
"Hard earned cash" from unemployment?

Huh
XBUTCHX
4/12/2010 7:33pm
Meridian wrote:
Didn't think I could swing it (I'm on unemployment) but took advantage of Obama's cash for clunker appliances today. I get on my Obama phone and...
Didn't think I could swing it (I'm on unemployment) but took advantage of Obama's cash for clunker appliances today. I get on my Obama phone and ring the Depot this morning and find out I just sneak under the wire for what few coupons are left for "green" appliances. I drive the Prius (the other clunker program) over and lay down my hard earned cash for a brand new Whirlpool.Get's delivered Wednesday and I hope that sumbitch can get it upstairs as I dont want to throw my back out till Obama care kicks in. Damn lucky to be alerted of this newest govenment benifit due to my "non digital" TV box coupon just arrived and I had to hook all that up myself at the last minute. Anybody else take advantage of the windfall appliance program?
Laughing
Void Main
4/12/2010 7:35pm
Meridian wrote:
Didn't think I could swing it (I'm on unemployment) but took advantage of Obama's cash for clunker appliances today. I get on my Obama phone and...

The Shop

bullpen58
4/12/2010 8:16pm
Meridian wrote:
Awesome first post!!!! Two thumbs way up. Hilarious!
MXR
4/12/2010 8:52pm
I saved money by getting a cheap washer and dryer from sears . Picked up two low priced 50 inch plasma tvs . With the money I saved by cutting corners on the appliances it helped me to purchase a 70 MPH boat speed boat ( which I will be picking up tommorrow ) to go with my fleet of fossil fuel burning gas guzzlers . Thank you for reducing your carbon footprint .
MXR
4/12/2010 8:56pm
Washington State unemployment is over $600 a week now . What is it for AZ. ?
bullpen58
4/12/2010 11:48pm
When's the obama - cash-for-clunker-dirt-bike program coming out?
4/13/2010 1:10am
bullpen58 wrote:
Laughing

I do have a tip for whoever has, a front loading washer, we got one 3 yrs ago and the mrs said every time she opened the door to do laundry, it smelled horrible inside , so i did some research online, and come to find out its a commen problem with them , and thats all makes, one solution is every 3-4 loads , run an empty load with bleach, to kill the bacteria, (where the smell comes from)another simpler one is just leave the door slightly ajar to let the remaining water inside evaporate
motoman0
Fantasy
1153rd
4/13/2010 5:04am
bullpen58 wrote:
:laugh: I do have a tip for whoever has, a front loading washer, we got one 3 yrs ago and the mrs said every time she...
Laughing

I do have a tip for whoever has, a front loading washer, we got one 3 yrs ago and the mrs said every time she opened the door to do laundry, it smelled horrible inside , so i did some research online, and come to find out its a commen problem with them , and thats all makes, one solution is every 3-4 loads , run an empty load with bleach, to kill the bacteria, (where the smell comes from)another simpler one is just leave the door slightly ajar to let the remaining water inside evaporate
That's the number one complaint. Water sits on the gasket and starts to mold.
flarider
4/13/2010 5:08am
bullpen58 wrote:
:laugh: I do have a tip for whoever has, a front loading washer, we got one 3 yrs ago and the mrs said every time she...
Laughing

Exactly what I do
We got one, and they are excellent (super quiet, very smooth), but they do have a tendency to get a smell because water pools in the bottom. So once a month I run an empty load with a lot of bleach and I also leave the door ajar quite often.
One ours, there is a panel in lower left, if you open that, there's a trap for lint and junk, that holds water, open it, clean trap and that also drains all that pooled water.
Cygnus
4/13/2010 6:56am
I always thought the front loaders were suppose to run smoother without the off balance the top loaders get. But while at my friends house the other day her front loader was bouncing all over the laundry room.
flarider
4/13/2010 7:34am
Cygnus wrote:
I always thought the front loaders were suppose to run smoother without the off balance the top loaders get. But while at my friends house the...
I always thought the front loaders were suppose to run smoother without the off balance the top loaders get. But while at my friends house the other day her front loader was bouncing all over the laundry room.
Mine is whisper quiet
Biscuit
4/13/2010 7:39am
indy_maico wrote:
I'm old school. We still use one of these [img]http://www.depts.ttu.edu/museumttu/history/Washer-front_view.jpg[/img]
I'm old school. We still use one of these

That'll get the shit stains out everytime!
tuz371
4/13/2010 9:11am
The Asko we bought about 7 years ago has never had a funky smell and we don't run a bleach load or leave the door open. Do the folks with the funky smell have stainless steel tubs?

I like ours when it kicks into final spin mode and is screaming along at 1600 rpm. Pretty quiet too, it makes more noise filling with water than it does at full spin.
flarider
4/13/2010 10:15am
$75 for a washer/dryer is what you get. Don't spend it all in one place.
Yup
4/13/2010 10:28am
Meridian wrote:
Classic!
flarider
4/13/2010 10:31am
Stop that!
Stop it right now!

Post a reply to: Just picked a new front load washer and dryer...

The Latest