J B kicked out of Strung Out

gnarwhip
Edited Date/Time 3/1/2018 1:53pm
Moto XXX cofounder and kick ass drummer. Damn this is crazy news. Hopefully he now has the time to revamp the XXX team
|
JM485
3/1/2018 3:43pm
What!? Wtf is going on man, that’s insane! I really hope they work their stuff out, that band is too damn good together to have it end like that.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/1/2018 3:44pm
Part 1

PART 1 Hello everyone, JB here... In light of me being terminated from my band of almost 25 years, i just want to say to all of the fans out there, thank you so much for all of your loyal support. The comments that have been left on my behalf, the love for my drumming and the music we all made and created together, is pretty incredible and heart felt. All of you have given me the opportunity to travel the world and perform for you and im very thankful for that. For those of you that have met and interacted with me, know that i was forever fan friendly. The fans are what kept me going and without them, we would have been nothing. I've always appreciated and respected that. Anyhow, it honestly seemed that this day was inevitable. In any band and or work situation there is typically personality clashes which can be unbearable and we were not immune to that fact.  It can be so enjoyable, pleasing and rewarding to be in a band, but it can also be extremely difficult. I seriously bent over backwards to do everything positive for this band always with our best interest in mind but at times it’s been really tough. I often felt like a doormat, walked all over and it's been painful but I told myself for years, i'll never quit and i never did! Well, that pain will be gone now and i am honestly relieved. This band was absolutely a huge part of my life and now its time to see what's next. Im fortunate to have my company Moto XXX with lots of other ideas pre-heating in the oven so, please dont worry, cause i am not sad, im not angry, i am not depressed...im all good.but i am disappointed in the way that this has come to an end for me. Please remember people, there's two side's to every story. You can not judge what you don't know and dirty laundry shouldn't be aired on the internet to the general public so i will stay respectful in that sense as both parties should. Again, i just want to say.......

A post shared by Jordan Burns (@jordanburns178) on Feb 28, 2018 at 2:02pm PST

Part 2

PART 2 thank you so much to all of you. You guys and gals gave me over 1100 comments of positive reinforcement and i read each and everyone one of them! I've received countless phone calls, text messages and facebook messages from so many other bands, friends, promoters as well as fans around the world and it's all so greatly appreciated. So yes, i am done with my work here and the guys will continue on and do their thing. Im not foolish enough to think the band would not go on without me but, i know that the inner relationship issues were simply very unhealthy for me for well over a decade. After nearly 25 years of service, i will always be a OG member of Strung Out, that cant be taken away from me... you'll just never see me on stage with Jason, Rob, Jake or Chris ever again. Those four brothers plus one new one, will be seeing you soon with Pennywise....Good luck to them and good luck to you RJ, you're a ripper! I'd also like to say thank you so much to Jon LaLopa and David Friedman for all of your solid dedicated years of service drum teching, stage managing, doing sound, driving and keeping us safe. Your help was always greatly appreciated by me. Thank you to all the rest of the crew guys that have also worked with us off and on over time. A special shout out as well to the entire motocross community. We made literally thousands of fans through the MX scene starting with our (me and Smelly's) own movie Moto XXX 1, as well as Crusty 1  I will always be connected to and grateful for the MX scene. Thank you all for your longtime support! If you're interested in doing so, you can keep up with me by following me on my personal social media accounts. If you send me a message, i will always try to reply. Once again, i was always all about the fans..that's never changed!  Take care and thank you for reading this.... Love Jordan www.facebook.com/jordanburnsdrums Instagram@jordanburns178 Instagram@motoxxxofficial

A post shared by Jordan Burns (@jordanburns178) on Feb 28, 2018 at 2:00pm PST

three9zero
3/2/2018 6:15am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2018 6:17am
I have been to a dozen or so Stung Out shows and Jordan has always been a rad dude who will chat with the crowd after the show. Too bad they broke up, but I could tell there was tension in the band. From my observations, watching them several times, and bullshiting with them before and after shows, 2 of the band members are total dicks, neither being JB.

The Shop

Fantasy
4452nd
3/2/2018 7:59am
..Damn
I already have tickets to Strung Out/Pennywise later this month.
Don't really care much to see SO without Jordan as he and MotoXXX were a large reason I was a fan.
I guess we'll just fill up on cheap beer across the street until we hear Jim Lindberg.
captmoto
3/2/2018 4:01pm
Seems like a good way to lose fans. Sounds like someone got totally tired of someone elses shit. Not a judgement but 25 years to figure out you don't mesh?
Slaughter612s
Fantasy
171st
3/2/2018 4:15pm
Wow, what big news. I have been a Strung out fan for as long as I can remember. Got the Strung out Tattoo to prove it. End of an era for me! thanks for posting this. Cheers.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
3/2/2018 7:54pm
dam it, Strung out was one of the bucket lists bands that i wanted to see live, not sure it would be the same with out Jordan,

the Crusty, Moto XXX and the other vids from the 90's are what got me into punk rock,
gnarwhip
3/2/2018 11:27pm
I've seen them live probably 8 times, best show I saw was the Pennywise reunion show at the Hollywood Paladium a few years ago. JB I always thought was the most talented guy in the band. He won drummer of the year in drum magazine, and placed in the top three several times. With his reputation, connections through Sandin and Fat Wreck Chords, he could easily find another band if he wanted to, or could do moto stuff.
KMC440
3/3/2018 12:01am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2018 12:04am
Hey Jordan ... it's time to put out a fuck off everyone irrelevant moto video.

Start a new band called Wiisuk yeah you'll get sued but it's not your fault you can't spell "we" either.

Go on a trip to Tibet to find the perfect second gear.

An indepth study why Miracle Whip tastes like ass (my opinion)

Whatever you decide hold your head up high brother

And make your T's in bigger than 2x hell the shit I took this morning wouldn't fit in a 2x.

Peace love peace love.
Sidecar
3/3/2018 5:53am
Saw this on IG this week... gutted, met him at a Strung Out and Zebrahead show about 7-8 years ago and chatted moto for 5 mins, he’s a rad dude and a bad ass drummer... Oh and the dude going to see SO and Pennywise yeah man just sit it out until Lindberg lights the fuse... I would love to see PW live!!!!

Post a reply to: J B kicked out of Strung Out

The Latest