Johnny Cash would have been 84 today....

TerryK
Edited Date/Time 3/19/2016 12:24pm
And in honor of his birthday my sons band The Honest Heart Collective released a 4 song EP of their favorite Cash songs. Have a listen and let me know what you think! (Available for download in a few days.)

http://www.purevolume.com/news/PREMIERE-The-Honest-Heart-Collective-Cash

|
h&m_cycle
2/26/2016 11:16am
A legend & a great movie... I could not believe how good the acting was... Hell... I just saw the movie a couple of months
ago...
Fantasy
4452nd
2/26/2016 11:28am
Damn, your sons band sounds great. I'll be sure to download them when they come out. They need a highwayman cover.

RIP Johnny & Waylon

The Shop

XXVoid MainXX
2/26/2016 5:10pm
Wow, love the sound of your boy's band TK! I normally don't care for remakes of good songs that go off in a little different direction but I have to say I especially enjoyed Folsom Prison Blues!
Hallzilla
2/26/2016 6:20pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2016 6:21pm
TerryK wrote:
And in honor of his birthday my sons band The Honest Heart Collective released a 4 song EP of their favorite Cash songs. Have a listen...
And in honor of his birthday my sons band The Honest Heart Collective released a 4 song EP of their favorite Cash songs. Have a listen and let me know what you think! (Available for download in a few days.)

They sound Great Terry. I'm a music editor and work mostly on Feature Films.
Here's the Main Title Seq. to "Dawn of the Dead" One of the Johnny's best songs against some really cool visuals. Awesome film also if I do say so myself. And one of the my fondest moments of picture and mx working together. Send me some of his music you never know what might end up on a future project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTYNwwPQH4k

hvaughn88
2/26/2016 6:32pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2016 6:36pm
TerryK wrote:
And in honor of his birthday my sons band The Honest Heart Collective released a 4 song EP of their favorite Cash songs. Have a listen...

TerryK...holy shit! That was incredible. Your son's band has some serious talent. Are they on iTunes?

Also, "hurt" is my single favorite song that's ever been recorded. My cousin was a couple years older than me and he passed away from a drug overdose when I was 18. He was my hero and fast as shit on a motorcycle. I never told him he was my hero but I'm positive he knew. It pissed me off everyday that he got mixed up with that shit. At his funeral, they played "hurt" to a video of him throughout the years growing up and riding. It was perfect. I listen to the song once a day and think of him.

Edit: answered my own question. Just bought both RM and Liar's club. Damn, they are very good
Old-Man
2/26/2016 9:28pm
Cash is one of my favorites ...dude is as real as it gets as he delivers that in his music very well.

Congratulations to your Kids Band Terry ....Who is on the Piano @110?
My Daughter plays Piano, She says those keys and fast sequences aren't as easy as (He/She) makes it seem.....Very cool, I could see that Jam being in a Tarantino film...old school sound.
TerryK
2/26/2016 9:44pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2016 9:45pm
308 wrote:
Damn, your sons band sounds great. I'll be sure to download them when they come out. They need a highwayman cover. RIP Johnny & Waylon [embed]...
Damn, your sons band sounds great. I'll be sure to download them when they come out. They need a highwayman cover.

RIP Johnny & Waylon
They dont normally do covers but this was a special project. All their stuff is original. Have a listen to their recent album "Liars Club"

Liars Club link
TerryK
2/26/2016 9:47pm
Wow, love the sound of your boy's band TK! I normally don't care for remakes of good songs that go off in a little different direction...
Wow, love the sound of your boy's band TK! I normally don't care for remakes of good songs that go off in a little different direction but I have to say I especially enjoyed Folsom Prison Blues!
Thanks brother, I love their stuff as well. Listen to the Liars Club album as well. Good shit.
TerryK
2/26/2016 9:51pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
TerryK...holy shit! That was incredible. Your son's band has some serious talent. Are they on iTunes? Also, "hurt" is my single favorite song that's ever been...
TerryK...holy shit! That was incredible. Your son's band has some serious talent. Are they on iTunes?

Also, "hurt" is my single favorite song that's ever been recorded. My cousin was a couple years older than me and he passed away from a drug overdose when I was 18. He was my hero and fast as shit on a motorcycle. I never told him he was my hero but I'm positive he knew. It pissed me off everyday that he got mixed up with that shit. At his funeral, they played "hurt" to a video of him throughout the years growing up and riding. It was perfect. I listen to the song once a day and think of him.

Edit: answered my own question. Just bought both RM and Liar's club. Damn, they are very good
Yup: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/liars-club/id986445443

Sad story about your cousin. Thanks for sharing.
TerryK
2/26/2016 9:53pm
Old-Man wrote:
Cash is one of my favorites ...dude is as real as it gets as he delivers that in his music very well. Congratulations to your Kids...
Cash is one of my favorites ...dude is as real as it gets as he delivers that in his music very well.

Congratulations to your Kids Band Terry ....Who is on the Piano @110?
My Daughter plays Piano, She says those keys and fast sequences aren't as easy as (He/She) makes it seem.....Very cool, I could see that Jam being in a Tarantino film...old school sound.
Conner Harris is on keys. Talented kid.
TerryK
2/26/2016 10:01pm
Hallzilla wrote:
They sound Great Terry. I'm a music editor and work mostly on Feature Films. Here's the Main Title Seq. to "Dawn of the Dead" One of...
They sound Great Terry. I'm a music editor and work mostly on Feature Films.
Here's the Main Title Seq. to "Dawn of the Dead" One of the Johnny's best songs against some really cool visuals. Awesome film also if I do say so myself. And one of the my fondest moments of picture and mx working together. Send me some of his music you never know what might end up on a future project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTYNwwPQH4k

Thats really cool! My son is a recording engineer and I do believe he wants to work in the movie industry. Im sure he'd love to connect with you. He just finished a 3 year stint as a sound designer at Digital Extremes (video games) and is now home doing freelance audio and graphic design work. Look him up on Facebook or at www.keenankosolowski.com

https://www.facebook.com/keenan.kosolowski?fref=ts

http://www.keenankosolowski.com/
2/28/2016 12:11pm
Those guys are great! I generally don't like covers, but there are exceptions out there (obviously Hurt is the best cover ever done, Aaron Lewis covers a song from a group I won't even mention and he kills it).
JPT
3/19/2016 12:24pm
Still can't believe he outlived June.

Post a reply to: Johnny Cash would have been 84 today....

The Latest