Joe Rogan

G-man
Edited Date/Time 10/6/2022 10:46pm
I have to admit I was never a real fan of Joe Rogan. I remember him from his early TV career Fear Factor.

Then I saw him announcing UFC fights on TV and he was all pumped up like he looked like he was on roids or something.

Well I guess you can't judge a book by it's cover cuz the dude is a real badass and I've only listen to a few of his podcast but he does a really great job of it.
One of his standout guest was Elon Musk, that guy is a real trip and a certified genius. It's interesting to watch him talk for a few hours.

He even got Elon to admit that it was not easy being him especially as a child with his unusual gift for brilliance that was not like others around him. Then he got Elon to smoke some of his blunt that Joe was puffing on, it was pretty hilarious to watch and a great interview I couldn't turn it off. Laughing

Something I found really interesting and I've often been worried about is the AI stuff that is advancing at a rapid rate. Elon stated that he has tried to warn many important and powerful people that they need to slow down on this because it could be the downfall of humanity when the machines take over.

I compared it to the first and best movie of the series--The Terminator and also for a long time thought the same thing about all these AI robots getting more and more advanced.

Any of you others into the Joe Rogan podcast?
Here is his diet:
Rogan

Robert Lazar is also a great interview. I know void will be all over that! Woohoo
|
XXVoid MainXX
10/3/2019 12:18pm
I watch him whenever he has someone on I am interested in (Elon, NDG, etc). By the way, there is one thing that you and Elon do not agree on. Smile And yes, Lazar is a fruitcake. Smile
G-man
10/3/2019 12:21pm Edited Date/Time 10/3/2019 12:22pm
I watch him whenever he has someone on I am interested in (Elon, NDG, etc). By the way, there is one thing that you and Elon...
I watch him whenever he has someone on I am interested in (Elon, NDG, etc). By the way, there is one thing that you and Elon do not agree on. Smile And yes, Lazar is a fruitcake. Smile
Haha, that was quick! Yes I know Elon and I do not agree on.
Was it UFOs or aliens I'm not sure which one, it's been a few months since I watched it.
Stuntman949
10/3/2019 12:48pm
I try to listen to 90% of his stuff. Some of the comedians he has on get a little dreary but that's his lifestyle and his podcast so he can do whatever the hell he wants! I always think its fascinating when he has politicians or political candidates on. Even if I don't agree with their policies, its interesting to hear their side. Long-form and uninterrupted.

Can't beat the sober October episodes. Bert is fat

The Shop

sam hain
10/3/2019 12:49pm
I have a love/hate relationship with Joe, some things he talks about I'm totally with him. Other things I'm like WTF is he talking about. I've seen him on the pursuit hunting channel last year bow hunting out west, he was a completely different person on that show. You could tell he was out of his element, he was almost nervous acting and very PC.
Red Crawford
10/3/2019 12:51pm Edited Date/Time 10/3/2019 12:51pm
His kids sure look happy....! 😐😆
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/3/2019 1:16pm
I watch clips of his podcast on YouTube almost daily. He's had some good guests over the years.
10/3/2019 1:28pm
That was a great podcast with Elon.

Check out the Alex Jones episode sometime. Yes Alex Jones is a raging nutcase but it was great entertainment and had some interesting perspectives to ponder.
ocscottie
10/3/2019 1:39pm
Joe Rules!!!!! He is a deep, deep thinker, i dig him.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
10/3/2019 2:32pm
I enjoy them and echo what Stuntman949 said about having politicians on. I enjoyed the Bernie interview even though I never would have voted for him.
rosebud441
10/3/2019 3:21pm
I like Joe.. love his DMT stories,,, and for fuck sake watch his episodes with Joey Diaz..
borg
10/3/2019 3:33pm
I'm glad he has patience or I think Neil deGrasse Tyson should be glad. Tyson kept talking right over him. Rude as hell.

Sweetd31
10/3/2019 3:43pm
I enjoy how he asks important questions that mainstream media is too scared to touch or break from their agenda
CR250Rider
10/3/2019 4:52pm
JR is the fucking MAN. I admire all he is and stands for
XXVoid MainXX
10/3/2019 5:05pm Edited Date/Time 10/3/2019 5:06pm
borg wrote:
I'm glad he has patience or I think Neil deGrasse Tyson should be glad. Tyson kept talking right over him. Rude as hell. [embed][/embed]
I'm glad he has patience or I think Neil deGrasse Tyson should be glad. Tyson kept talking right over him. Rude as hell.

Although I didn't pick that up when I watched the interview I do have to admit I am just recently starting to grow a little tired of NDT. He's too high on NDT for me. Smile
Sully
10/3/2019 5:29pm
rosebud441 wrote:
I like Joe.. love his DMT stories,,, and for fuck sake watch his episodes with Joey Diaz..
Anything with Joey Diaz is going to be hilarious. There's only been one episode of JRE with Joey (about 5 years ago) that I didn't like, and that was only because Joey was so baked, he kept falling asleep. To be fair, though, the show was Joe, Joey and Eddie Bravo, so they probably put a pretty good dent in California's weed supply that day.
Sunhouse
10/3/2019 5:46pm
Loved the Victor Conte interview from start to finish. Really interesting to hear the details of how the worlds best athletes were and are using PEDs
Nighttrain
10/3/2019 5:56pm
Sunhouse wrote:
Loved the Victor Conte interview from start to finish. Really interesting to hear the details of how the worlds best athletes were and are using PEDs
I’ve listened to hundreds of Rogan’s podcasts. That’s one of my favorites, too. The one with Lance Armstrong wasn’t too bad. He does an excellent job of bringing on an assortment of guests...Graham Hancock, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Roseanne Barr. The one with Alex Jones and Eddie Bravo made me laugh until my sides hurt.
JAFO92
10/3/2019 7:57pm
Although I didn't pick that up when I watched the interview I do have to admit I am just recently starting to grow a little tired...
Although I didn't pick that up when I watched the interview I do have to admit I am just recently starting to grow a little tired of NDT. He's too high on NDT for me. Smile
NDT annoys TF outta me. Cant listen to him.
Mr. G
10/3/2019 9:57pm
The shows he did with David Lee Roth were pretty great.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
10/3/2019 10:14pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I watch clips of his podcast on YouTube almost daily. He's had some good guests over the years.
I’m a YouTube clip guy of his , I don’t get much chance to listen to full podcast (I struggle to get through the pulp Mx show most weeks )

I like the fact he will have all view points on ,
10/4/2019 2:10am
Watch them daily on YouTube while I’m working out. Helps the time pass and really enjoy them. Some of the fitness/health ones are very interesting. Think I just watched one with some chick named Ronda Patrick. Seems to Know her shit about diets and what not.
crowe176
10/4/2019 3:00am
rosebud441 wrote:
Sully wrote:
Anything with Joey Diaz is going to be hilarious. There's only been one episode of JRE with Joey (about 5 years ago) that I didn't like...
Anything with Joey Diaz is going to be hilarious. There's only been one episode of JRE with Joey (about 5 years ago) that I didn't like, and that was only because Joey was so baked, he kept falling asleep. To be fair, though, the show was Joe, Joey and Eddie Bravo, so they probably put a pretty good dent in California's weed supply that day.
I listen and prefer all his comedian podcasts. I love Bert, Tom, Ari, Theo etc and have started listening to all their own podcasts as well. But, there’s just something about Joey’s stories being a criminal that get old. I need to go back and give him more listens. I tried to get into his podcasts when he had guests on and it always ended up with him telling his guests the same stories about blow and kidnapping.
Sully
10/4/2019 3:23am
crowe176 wrote:
I listen and prefer all his comedian podcasts. I love Bert, Tom, Ari, Theo etc and have started listening to all their own podcasts as well...
I listen and prefer all his comedian podcasts. I love Bert, Tom, Ari, Theo etc and have started listening to all their own podcasts as well. But, there’s just something about Joey’s stories being a criminal that get old. I need to go back and give him more listens. I tried to get into his podcasts when he had guests on and it always ended up with him telling his guests the same stories about blow and kidnapping.
Fair enough (some of the repeat stories do kind of get a bit old), but when he gets rolling on a good rage, there aren’t many people on earth funnier.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
10/4/2019 6:12am
I never really listened to him. Then I saw his stand up and enjoyed it. Now I have seen a few clips of his show but just the other day I was browsing YouTube and saw he was interviewing Rob Zombie and I watched the whole thing. I even wrote down, searched and watched some of their old favorite movies they suggested that I had never heard of. Some old greats. I plan on listening more often to Joe's show.
lestat
10/4/2019 6:30am
I enjoyed the episode with Bernie Sanders . We need more journalists like him , who aren’t political activists masquerading as journalists . The Elon episode was scary as hell when he was talking about AI . I have seen other vids about Elon talking AI ... they were just as scary too . Elon is warning us ! Pay attention !
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
10/4/2019 6:40am Edited Date/Time 10/4/2019 6:41am
Ha yea, look how the P.C. crowd has screwed up the world. Imagine how P.C. an A I. would be if it had the capability. It would need to nuke us like WAr GAmes to cleanse the earth of all our inperfections. Lol.
G-man
10/4/2019 12:42pm
Thanks guys for all the good suggestions on interviews to watch I definitely like Joe's style of interviewing, he's found a good niche. 😎
hillbilly
10/5/2019 8:35am
I watch him when it's somebody,but he is a pole polisher

Sturgill was good
Kyle978
10/5/2019 9:45am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2019 9:46am
hillbilly wrote:
I watch him when it's somebody,but he is a pole polisher

Sturgill was good
You must interpret things differently than I do. I feel he does an excellent job of keeping people feeling comfortable to open up and be transparent, while not letting them spew bullshit. He calls them out if he doesn’t agree or it doesn’t make sense, makes them explain their thoughts or beliefs, and finds the positives in people whether he agrees with them or not. I feel he has done a great job relating to people and gives them a platform to truly show who they are as a person, good or bad.

I’ve listened to most of the pods he’s put out the last 3 years, and some before that in the archives as well. I love the variety of guests, from athletes, scientists, politicians, musicians, comedians etc. it gives a great look into what makes them tick. It has been really good to learn more about the art of comedy and hearing how they prepare and what makes them so genius.

I have many favorites, but the ones that stand out to me are the David Goggins’ pods, Elon, any with his Sober October crew and the Jordan Peterson. There’s tons of other great ones, those just stand out to me.

Post a reply to: Joe Rogan

The Latest