Joe Paterno RIP

WhKnuckle
1/21/2012 6:03pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 6:37am
What a shame. Dead of lung cancer at 85.
|
flarider
1/21/2012 6:05pm
Wow, that was fast
Bill_Carroll
Fantasy
1077th
1/21/2012 6:14pm
Football was his life, take that away he lived for nothing more.
RIP JOE
borg
1/21/2012 6:15pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
What a shame. Dead of lung cancer at 85.
What a shame?

The Shop

TX24
1/21/2012 6:45pm
Strange regardless.
fcr
1/21/2012 8:44pm
Nothing yet
WhKnuckle
1/22/2012 5:29am
Sorry for the error on my part - apparently the Penn State website reported his death and emailed that incorrect report to students, one of the major networks picked up the story and it was later found to be false. It's a shock that he went downhill so fast - the last I heard he had cancer but it was treatable, now they're talking about removing a respirator and calling the family to this hospital.
flarider
1/22/2012 7:23am
NBC says he is now dead
KMC440
1/22/2012 7:26am
RIP

All outlets now reporting.
flarider
1/22/2012 8:40am
Regarding Joe Paterno's death, I am sorry, but I can't find sympathy in the passing of a man who put football and winning above the molestation of kids and young adults by his staff. He had a responsibility of leadership, and yes, he may have reported what he knew, but he did not follow up on it. He did as little as necessary to preserve his football program, and for me, that's unforgivable. I feel bad for his family, but I hold little sympathy for him. I leave it to St. Peter to make his final judgement.
mxb2
1/22/2012 8:55am
flarider wrote:
Regarding Joe Paterno's death, I am sorry, but I can't find sympathy in the passing of a man who put football and winning above the molestation...
Regarding Joe Paterno's death, I am sorry, but I can't find sympathy in the passing of a man who put football and winning above the molestation of kids and young adults by his staff. He had a responsibility of leadership, and yes, he may have reported what he knew, but he did not follow up on it. He did as little as necessary to preserve his football program, and for me, that's unforgivable. I feel bad for his family, but I hold little sympathy for him. I leave it to St. Peter to make his final judgement.
x2
WhKnuckle
1/22/2012 9:10am
flarider wrote:
Regarding Joe Paterno's death, I am sorry, but I can't find sympathy in the passing of a man who put football and winning above the molestation...
Well said.
ATKpilot99
1/22/2012 10:16am
flarider wrote:
Agreed. That will be his legacy, not his wins and championships.
jgmxdad251
1/22/2012 12:42pm
flarider wrote:
True, those poor kids.
Fleece192
1/22/2012 2:16pm
flarider wrote:
Disagree, The man was a father and a grandfather. There is no way he put his program above molestation. I'm sure if he knew ALL that was going on with that scum bag he would have done something about it.
RIP Joe
flarider
1/22/2012 2:52pm
No, I'm sorry, I disagree
Paterno did as little as possible or necessary to preserve his program.
He called Athletic Director Tim Curley, one time, back in 2002, saying a graduate assistant had seen Sandusky "fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy,"

He never followed up.
He never fired or suspended Sandusky.

He did nothing but make that one single call, believing it absolved him of responsibility.

He put his program above morality and the victims.

I feel bad for his family being left with this as his legacy, but this is the legacy he left them
twister
1/22/2012 3:23pm
flarider wrote:
Fleece192 wrote:
Disagree, The man was a father and a grandfather. There is no way he put his program above molestation. I'm sure if he knew ALL that...
Disagree, The man was a father and a grandfather. There is no way he put his program above molestation. I'm sure if he knew ALL that was going on with that scum bag he would have done something about it.
RIP Joe
As a father and grandfather he should have done a whole lot more then make a phone call.I know i would have.He chose to do nothing more and that is how he will be remembered.
MXR
1/22/2012 4:00pm
Fuck Paterno and fuck Penn State football . Good riddance .
borg
1/22/2012 8:03pm
flarider wrote:
Fleece192 wrote:
Disagree, The man was a father and a grandfather. There is no way he put his program above molestation. I'm sure if he knew ALL that...
RIP Joe
Everybody in that football program knew what was happening. They didn't want their fiefdom interrupted. The whole bunch should be prosecuted for allowing that creep to keep raping little boys. Paterno was just as guilty as Sandusky. Fuck him and fuck Penn State.
bultokid
1/22/2012 9:00pm
flarider wrote:
And you know this how ? Whatever became of innocent till proven guilty ? When the FOOTBALL coach turns it over to the proper authorities just wtf is he suppose to do then ? Once Sandusky was exposed he was run off according to reports I've read. For sure not handled well but to velify the man without all the facts and to ignore the thousands of fine youngsters he helped shape is wrong. To all you doucebag fucks that rejoice in it ...well hope you never get to be with someone you love as they die from lung cancer and you're with them at the end and watch/listen as they basically drown as their lungs fill up
Switch
1/23/2012 9:24am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 9:28am
flarider wrote:
No, I'm sorry, I disagree Paterno did as little as possible or necessary to preserve his program. He called Athletic Director Tim Curley, one time, back...
He called Athletic Director Tim Curley, one time, back in 2002, saying a graduate assistant had seen Sandusky "fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy,"

He never followed up.

He did nothing but make that one single call, believing it absolved him of responsibility.

I feel bad for his family being left with this as his legacy, but this is the legacy he left them
He had 2nd hand information with no evidence that it actually took place. It was one man's word vs. another man's word. He passed it up the chain like he was supposed to do.

He isn't the AD, its not the coaches job to police the program. He is hired to win football games and build a program within the school. NOW, if he had walked in and seen the horrible acts first hand, I would expect him to do more and he could be held accountable. There isn't much he can do with heresay from another employee, you have to have facts.. and at that time he had none.

RIP JoePa
mxb2
1/23/2012 10:16am
Fuck paterno and penn state, a big cover up on what happened, they thought the football program was more important than the victims! Karmas a bitch, Paterno burn in hell, I love human life and any death is a tragedy, but no excuse for what happened and why it was nt reported more, does nt matter if he is in charge of just football, its the morals of what happened, you people are so blind to feel bad for paterno and penn state, maybe some sympathy for the victims and their families. Thats the problem with our society, priorities are all wrong.
mxb2
1/23/2012 10:58am
flarider wrote:
No, I'm sorry, I disagree Paterno did as little as possible or necessary to preserve his program. He called Athletic Director Tim Curley, one time, back...

He never followed up.

Switch wrote:
He had 2nd hand information with no evidence that it actually took place. It was one man's word vs. another man's word. He passed it up...
He had 2nd hand information with no evidence that it actually took place. It was one man's word vs. another man's word. He passed it up the chain like he was supposed to do.

He isn't the AD, its not the coaches job to police the program. He is hired to win football games and build a program within the school. NOW, if he had walked in and seen the horrible acts first hand, I would expect him to do more and he could be held accountable. There isn't much he can do with heresay from another employee, you have to have facts.. and at that time he had none.

RIP JoePa
I bet your opinion would change if it was your child, than i guess you would want him to do something?
CR250Rider
1/23/2012 11:35am
fuck JP

he didn't do near enough to help those raped children
Switch
1/23/2012 12:20pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 12:22pm
flarider wrote:

He never followed up.

Switch wrote:
He had 2nd hand information with no evidence that it actually took place. It was one man's word vs. another man's word. He passed it up...

RIP JoePa
mxb2 wrote:
I bet your opinion would change if it was your child, than i guess you would want him to do something?
I'm sure if I was in that situation, I would be mad at the world, not just a select few.

There is a chain of command and he followed it since he didn't have direct proof. Everyone has an opion, and I'm not taking the side of the school or the sick fuck that raped the kids. I hope St. Peter kicks that guy in the nads at the pearly gates, nothing that guy did could ever be forgivin. Like I said, if JoePa had seen the acts, I would imagine he would have done more.

Post a reply to: Joe Paterno RIP

The Latest