Jimmy Carter on the "You Lie" guy and such...

Nerd
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 4:28pm
|
9/18/2009 2:55pm
Thank God the Obama administration has distanced themselves from Carter. He's a loon.
9/18/2009 3:07pm
That is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard...and all you that are agreeing with him are eating it by the handful...

Please President Carter...don't be so stupid.

I have no doubt whatsoever that there are people in this country that don't like Obama because he's black...no doubt in my mind. But "an overwelming portion" of the dislike for him based on his race??? Come on...that's just attention whoring on his part, and not even remotely true.

I know of people that would love nothing more than to see Obama get assasinated (they're pussies because they won't do it/attempt it themselves but they would love it if someone would---am I'm in no way supporting/hoping he gets assasinated), and their hatred for him has NOTHING to do with his race...NOTHING. Not a thing...they never once mention his race in their rants and ravings. It has everything to do with his politics.

The left has a very hard time justifying his actions with logical arguments, so they have to resort to the race card in his defence...and it's bullshit.
MX479Guy
9/18/2009 3:24pm
Carter wasn't a very good president.

On this subject i think he way off.

motogeezer
9/18/2009 3:43pm
That is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard...and all you that are agreeing with him are eating it by the handful... Please President Carter...don't...
That is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard...and all you that are agreeing with him are eating it by the handful...

I have no doubt whatsoever that there are people in this country that don't like Obama because he's black...no doubt in my mind. But "an overwelming portion" of the dislike for him based on his race??? Come on...that's just attention whoring on his part, and not even remotely true.

I know of people that would love nothing more than to see Obama get assasinated (they're pussies because they won't do it/attempt it themselves but they would love it if someone would---am I'm in no way supporting/hoping he gets assasinated), and their hatred for him has NOTHING to do with his race...NOTHING. Not a thing...they never once mention his race in their rants and ravings. It has everything to do with his politics.

The left has a very hard time justifying his actions with logical arguments, so they have to resort to the race card in his defence...and it's bullshit.
I'm pretty sure you just beat Mr. Carter for "biggest load of bullshit" of the day award.

All the Obama haters I know are the same people who regularly refer to black people as niggers.

Only when there are no black people around to hear them, of course.

These are the same people who keep forgetting how fucked up our country was before he took office.

Jimmy Carter wasn't a great president, but he's a good man, and his statements have merit,
whether you choose to accept them or not.

The Shop

9/18/2009 3:51pm
That is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard...and all you that are agreeing with him are eating it by the handful... Please President Carter...don't...

motogeezer wrote:
I'm pretty sure you just beat Mr. Carter for "biggest load of bullshit" of the day award. All the Obama haters I know are the same...
I'm pretty sure you just beat Mr. Carter for "biggest load of bullshit" of the day award.

All the Obama haters I know are the same people who regularly refer to black people as niggers.

Only when there are no black people around to hear them, of course.

These are the same people who keep forgetting how fucked up our country was before he took office.

Jimmy Carter wasn't a great president, but he's a good man, and his statements have merit,
whether you choose to accept them or not.
Great crowd you run with...that calls black people niggers...

I don't know of anyone that calls black people niggers...and if they did around me I'd put them in their place real quck. And I talk with a lot of people that don't like Obama...yet none of them ever call black people (let alone Obama) niggers...funny how that is??? Says something about the people you associate with, doesnt' it?

Our country was bad when he took office...and it's going to get a whole lot worse...you can count on that. This "the recession is over" bullshit, is just that...bullshit...wait for hyperinflation and a worthless dollar...it's coming.
MX479Guy
9/18/2009 4:12pm
My opinion... Wilson made his comments based on his frustration towards Obama, and his Administration based on his opposition to his ideas, and current path his administration is heading. Not based on race.

The media took the opportunity to turn it into a race issue.
motogeezer
9/18/2009 4:33pm
Great crowd you run with...that calls black people niggers... I don't know of anyone that calls black people niggers...and if they did around me I'd put...

I don't know of anyone that calls black people niggers...and if they did around me I'd put them in their place real quck. And I talk with a lot of people that don't like Obama...yet none of them ever call black people (let alone Obama) niggers...funny how that is??? Says something about the people you associate with, doesnt' it?

Our country was bad when he took office...and it's going to get a whole lot worse...you can count on that. This "the recession is over" bullshit, is just that...bullshit...wait for hyperinflation and a worthless dollar...it's coming.
I said I know them.

I didn't say I hang out with them.

If you honestly believe race doesn't play into the equation, you're fooling yourself.
Void Main
9/18/2009 4:45pm
MX479Guy wrote:
Carter wasn't a very good president.

On this subject i think he way off.

What do you expect, he drives a 4-stroke. Wink
Scotty
9/18/2009 4:46pm
You guys don't possibly think Carter could have an agenda do you?
Nerd
9/18/2009 4:52pm
Scotty wrote:
Such as?
motogeezer
9/18/2009 4:52pm
Scotty wrote:
He's a lib, isn't he?

Of course these guys think he has an agenda.
Big Lenny
9/18/2009 4:54pm
Great crowd you run with...that calls black people niggers... I don't know of anyone that calls black people niggers...and if they did around me I'd put...

Wow I refuse to believe this about my good friend John...Dude's a stand up guy, family man and I'd trust him to the end...
super rat
9/18/2009 4:58pm
I wonder what the percentage of white racists are building those Habitat for Humanity shit boxes?
motogeezer
9/18/2009 5:07pm
super rat wrote:
I wonder what the percentage of white racists are building those Habitat for Humanity shit boxes?
I helped build two.

Can't say I noticed any racists on the jobs.

Couple of homophobes, but no racists.
Grendel
9/18/2009 5:12pm
I don't think those "He's a Muslim not born in America" peeps were racist at all. And definitely way less loony than Carter.
motogeezer
9/18/2009 5:16pm
Grendel wrote:
I don't think those "He's a Muslim not born in America" peeps were racist at all. And definitely way less loony than Carter.
Good point!
Scotty
9/18/2009 5:18pm
Scotty wrote:
Nerd wrote:
Such as?
LOL
super rat
9/18/2009 5:27pm
super rat wrote:
motogeezer wrote:
I helped build two.

I was gonna help out with one this winter, I've even talked to them a few times about it. No fucking way now. Skiing is way more fun than working for free anyway, WTF was I thinking!?!
brainbasket
9/18/2009 5:50pm
Some of those that are siding with Carter are the same ones that claimed they were characterized as "unAmerican" for saying things about Bush.

Now the shoes on the other foot and the hypocrites are trying to associate disagreement with Obama with racism.

Carter is doing more to marginalize Obama than anyone that might hate him by assuming he needs support in the form of demonizing his opposition.
FishBone
9/18/2009 5:51pm
this looks like a troll thread ..
motogeezer
9/18/2009 5:51pm
super rat wrote:
motogeezer wrote:
I helped build two.

super rat wrote:
I was gonna help out with one this winter, I've even talked to them a few times about it. No fucking way now. Skiing is way...
I was gonna help out with one this winter, I've even talked to them a few times about it. No fucking way now. Skiing is way more fun than working for free anyway, WTF was I thinking!?!
Yep.

I felt all warm and fuzzy when I signed up, and just hot, sweaty, and covered in drywall dust afterwards.
brainbasket
9/18/2009 6:00pm
Obama said it better than I could - And he certainly demonstrates intellect and logic far beyond any of those trying to advance this bullshit ......

Obama: Health care anger not motivated by his race
36 mins ago

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama said Friday that angry criticisms about his health care agenda are driven by an intense debate over the proper role of government — and not by racism.

"Are there people out there who don't like me because of race? I'm sure there are," Obama told CNN. "That's not the overriding issue here."

The nation's first black president spoke about the issue of race during a battery of interviews on Friday. In a media blitz aimed at pounding home his health care message, he taped interviews with ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and Univision to be shown during the networks' Sunday morning talk shows.

Some excerpts aired during Friday night broadcasts.

Time and again, Obama was asked about whether the tenor of the health care debate turned nasty because of undercurrents in racism. Former President Jimmy Carter raised the point prominently this week when he said the vitriol was racially motivated.

Not so, Obama said.

"There's been a long-standing debate in this country that is usually that much more fierce during times of transition, or when presidents are trying to bring about big changes," Obama told CNN.

To NBC News, Obama put it this way: "It's an argument that's gone on for the history of this republic, and that is, What's the right role of government? How do we balance freedom with our need to look out for one another? ... This is not a new argument, and it always evokes passions."

Obama said most people across the country are just trying to follow the debate and figure out how proposed changes would help them.

"Now there are some who are, setting aside the issue of race, actually I think are more passionate about the idea of whether government can do anything right," Obama said told ABC News. "And I think that that's probably the biggest driver of some of the vitriol."

Some health care town halls over the summer had bitter moments of confrontation. And South Carolina Republican Rep. Joe Wilson shouted "You lie!" at Obama during the president's address to a joint session of Congress last week. The White House has said for weeks that such moments are not representative and overblown.

Obama told CBS News that the media was partly to blame.

"The 24-hour news cycle and cable television and blogs and all this — they focus on the most extreme elements on both sides," Obama said. "They can't get enough of conflict. It's catnip to the media right now."
09450f
9/18/2009 6:50pm
the color of ones skin is so 60 ish..like so yesterday

MX479Guy
9/18/2009 7:10pm
Maybe ..that guy wilson just doesn't like white people.

Obama is half white, right?
Nerd
9/19/2009 11:08am
Obama said it better than I could - And he certainly demonstrates intellect and logic far beyond any of those trying to advance this bullshit...
Obama said it better than I could - And he certainly demonstrates intellect and logic far beyond any of those trying to advance this bullshit ......

Obama: Health care anger not motivated by his race
36 mins ago

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama said Friday that angry criticisms about his health care agenda are driven by an intense debate over the proper role of government — and not by racism.

"Are there people out there who don't like me because of race? I'm sure there are," Obama told CNN. "That's not the overriding issue here."

The nation's first black president spoke about the issue of race during a battery of interviews on Friday. In a media blitz aimed at pounding home his health care message, he taped interviews with ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and Univision to be shown during the networks' Sunday morning talk shows.

Some excerpts aired during Friday night broadcasts.

Time and again, Obama was asked about whether the tenor of the health care debate turned nasty because of undercurrents in racism. Former President Jimmy Carter raised the point prominently this week when he said the vitriol was racially motivated.

Not so, Obama said.

"There's been a long-standing debate in this country that is usually that much more fierce during times of transition, or when presidents are trying to bring about big changes," Obama told CNN.

To NBC News, Obama put it this way: "It's an argument that's gone on for the history of this republic, and that is, What's the right role of government? How do we balance freedom with our need to look out for one another? ... This is not a new argument, and it always evokes passions."

Obama said most people across the country are just trying to follow the debate and figure out how proposed changes would help them.

"Now there are some who are, setting aside the issue of race, actually I think are more passionate about the idea of whether government can do anything right," Obama said told ABC News. "And I think that that's probably the biggest driver of some of the vitriol."

Some health care town halls over the summer had bitter moments of confrontation. And South Carolina Republican Rep. Joe Wilson shouted "You lie!" at Obama during the president's address to a joint session of Congress last week. The White House has said for weeks that such moments are not representative and overblown.

Obama told CBS News that the media was partly to blame.

"The 24-hour news cycle and cable television and blogs and all this — they focus on the most extreme elements on both sides," Obama said. "They can't get enough of conflict. It's catnip to the media right now."
He's a smart politician and knows that by acknowledging the rather blatant racism as a root of a lot of the hate he has received, he would make it worse.

A lot of white folks - a LOT - have told me explicitly that they don't like him because he's black.
DSteg222
9/19/2009 12:39pm
Nerd wrote:
He's a smart politician and knows that by acknowledging the rather blatant racism as a root of a lot of the hate he has received, he...
He's a smart politician and knows that by acknowledging the rather blatant racism as a root of a lot of the hate he has received, he would make it worse.

A lot of white folks - a LOT - have told me explicitly that they don't like him because he's black.
You lie

And if you arent, you talk to - a LOT - of strange people. How is it that you put yourself into situations where you would be talking to LARGE amounts of people about the subject of the Presidents race? And just how to you get into a conversation with SO MANY people in which those people would outright tell you that "[they] dont like him because he is black."

One last comment. Blatant racsim? Your definition of blatant but be completely different than mine or Webster's.
Nerd
9/19/2009 12:44pm
Nerd wrote:
He's a smart politician and knows that by acknowledging the rather blatant racism as a root of a lot of the hate he has received, he...

DSteg222 wrote:
You lie And if you arent, you talk to - a LOT - of strange people. How is it that you put yourself into situations where...
You lie

And if you arent, you talk to - a LOT - of strange people. How is it that you put yourself into situations where you would be talking to LARGE amounts of people about the subject of the Presidents race? And just how to you get into a conversation with SO MANY people in which those people would outright tell you that "[they] dont like him because he is black."

One last comment. Blatant racsim? Your definition of blatant but be completely different than mine or Webster's.
Someone I used to work with a long time ago, but whom I still see from time to time, told me last year before the election that if Obama got elected, he was going to "give every n***** a Cadillac."

My uncle last weekend at his son's wedding said, "The truth is, the real reason I don't like him is because I really don't like n******s."

Those are just two of many examples.
09450f
9/19/2009 1:24pm
alot of black people don't like white people either..big deal

some hawaiians drove by our rally and said fuck you haoles..and there were alot of local people there

big deal

personally ,i am happy that a black/white man got elected..it represents America and its diversity..
Nerd
9/19/2009 1:35pm
09450f wrote:
alot of black people don't like white people either..big deal some hawaiians drove by our rally and said fuck you haoles..and there were alot of local...
alot of black people don't like white people either..big deal

some hawaiians drove by our rally and said fuck you haoles..and there were alot of local people there

big deal

personally ,i am happy that a black/white man got elected..it represents America and its diversity..
Haoles are white people living in Hawaii. Like you.

Post a reply to: Jimmy Carter on the "You Lie" guy and such...

The Latest