Jewel heist

borg
11/25/2019 9:35am Edited Date/Time 11/26/2019 9:41am
Heist

Why is there part of me that is cheering for the thieves?
|
11/25/2019 10:15am
The German's haven't heard of battery backup? LOL

Sounds like the thieves got away with priceless jewels that can't be sold. So they're just going to melt the gold and sell the diamonds independently?
borg
11/25/2019 10:43am Edited Date/Time 11/25/2019 10:43am
The German's haven't heard of battery backup? LOL Sounds like the thieves got away with priceless jewels that can't be sold. So they're just going to...

Sounds like the thieves got away with priceless jewels that can't be sold. So they're just going to melt the gold and sell the diamonds independently?
More than likely. Even then they will get nothing close to street value but it sounds like it will be a pretty good payday. Ransom would pay better but much riskier.

Like I know something about this.

The Shop

motosmith
11/25/2019 2:21pm
Alarm system powered by the grid and a glass case?

My dirt bike is more secure than those diamonds were.
BMSOBx2
11/25/2019 6:27pm
The German's haven't heard of battery backup? LOL Sounds like the thieves got away with priceless jewels that can't be sold. So they're just going to...

borg wrote:
More than likely. Even then they will get nothing close to street value but it sounds like it will be a pretty good payday. Ransom would...
More than likely. Even then they will get nothing close to street value but it sounds like it will be a pretty good payday. Ransom would pay better but much riskier.

Like I know something about this.
Hopefully they won't need to melt it down. What a shame to lose those precious artifacts. The high-end Antiquities Market is fueled by guys that have so much money they can't count it and these Priceless Antiquities will be held in some Mansion for private viewing only.
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
11/25/2019 8:19pm
Its one thing to pull off a heist of this magnitude and now the real problem starts.

Selling the stuff on the blackmarket is where the real risk comes in. Too many informants looking to gets their hands on the reward.
jeffro503
11/25/2019 10:35pm
Boomslang wrote:
Its one thing to pull off a heist of this magnitude and now the real problem starts. Selling the stuff on the blackmarket is where the...
Its one thing to pull off a heist of this magnitude and now the real problem starts.

Selling the stuff on the blackmarket is where the real risk comes in. Too many informants looking to gets their hands on the reward.
BUT......is the reward more then what you could make off the item?

I gotta say , their security system didn't seem to be to much up to date. Kinda risky holding that much in valuables , with that kind of security. Either way , it's an interesting story.
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
11/26/2019 3:56am
Boomslang wrote:
Its one thing to pull off a heist of this magnitude and now the real problem starts. Selling the stuff on the blackmarket is where the...

jeffro503 wrote:
BUT......is the reward more then what you could make off the item? I gotta say , their security system didn't seem to be to much up...
BUT......is the reward more then what you could make off the item?

I gotta say , their security system didn't seem to be to much up to date. Kinda risky holding that much in valuables , with that kind of security. Either way , it's an interesting story.
Security must have been shit for obvious reasons. There will be a reward for a legit tip off.
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
11/26/2019 6:00am

Police have released the first images of items stolen from Dresden Castle during Monday's dramatic heist in Germany.

The treasures represent just a fraction of the 100 or so artifacts believed to have been taken in the raid, which saw thieves smashing a glass display at the castle's Green Vault before fleeing. But the announcement demonstrates the grandeur contained within the museum's celebrated collection -- and hints at the scale of the loss.

Among the items revealed so far are a sword, a string of pearls and collection of priceless 18th-century jewels containing thousands of individual diamonds. Almost all of the artifacts were made during the rule of Frederick Augustus III, the last Elector of Saxony (later known as Frederick Augustus I, the first king of Saxony) and were mostly created by the court jewelers Jean Jacques Pallard and Christian August Globig, along with the latter's son August Gotthelf Globig.

11/26/2019 8:30am
Maybe there was a buyer before the stuff was taken? Seems like a limited market for this stuff.
peelout
11/26/2019 9:41am
i watched the Heist episode of Rick and Morty last night, funny shit
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
11/26/2019 4:59pm
Apparently the security guards came from the same online temp agency as Epstein's.

Post a reply to: Jewel heist

The Latest