JGR got hacked

Rooster
Seems JGR was part of a major ransomware attack. Most companies seemed to be defense oriented, so I was surprised to see their name listed.

https://www.cybersecurity-insiders.com/ransomware-gang-leaks-documents-…
|
4/13/2020 5:18pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2020 5:25pm
Rooster wrote:
Seems JGR was part of a major ransomware attack. Most companies seemed to be defense oriented, so I was surprised to see their name listed.

Read again. They didn't get hacked. A job shop, Visser Precision, got hacked.

Then in retaliation for not paying ransom, information was leaked about clients of Visser Precision which included SpaceX, Tesla, Boeing, Honeywell, Blue Origin, Sikorsky, Joe Gibbs Racing, the University of Colorado, and the Cardiff School of Engineering
JMed651
4/13/2020 6:33pm
Visser Precision is owned by Barney Visser who owns Furniture Row furniture stores. His Furniture Row Racing NASCAR team had an alliance with JGR the last couple years until it closed down (After winning the championship that season, mind you). That would be the connection between the two I’d assume.
motogrady
4/13/2020 7:39pm
Fuckin hackers.
I remember when SuperbikePlanet got hacked. The guy didn’t have his site backed up. Wouldn’t pay.
Had to start up all over again.

That was just a motorcycle site.

What’s happening now, revealing National Defense secrets, that’s espionage. Would not bother me one bit if a team hunted these guys down, and just shot them in the head, in the middle of the night, in their own beds, in their own country.

The Shop

PTshox
4/13/2020 10:30pm
Yep.. I'm tech and specifically networks and data center builds. This crap happens all the time. Most of it comes out of the eastern block countries where this behavior is viewed as a viable business model. True dirt bags IMO.
danman
4/14/2020 6:43am
motogrady wrote:
Fuckin hackers. I remember when SuperbikePlanet got hacked. The guy didn’t have his site backed up. Wouldn’t pay. Had to start up all over again. That...
Fuckin hackers.
I remember when SuperbikePlanet got hacked. The guy didn’t have his site backed up. Wouldn’t pay.

What’s happening now, revealing National Defense secrets, that’s espionage. Would not bother me one bit if a team hunted these guys down, and just shot them in the head, in the middle of the night, in their own beds, in their own country.
I agree, but as PTShox said, these hackers are in the Eastern European countries and getting to them wouldn't be easy as you have to cross the pond.
ns503
4/14/2020 6:50am
Rooster wrote:

zippytech wrote:
Most companies? Get hacked when some one wants to hack them..
It's not always targetted though. A lot of random stuff going around out there that will ransom a computer anywhere it finds a landing spot. I got hit on my little old home office computer 5 years or so ago. I somehow got it stopped before it had decrypted many files, just happened to be sitting in front of it when it started getting all laggy & stuff. Still don't know how I got it stopped, but it was panicky for a few hours. Still don't know how I got it. Always careful with emails & attachments & that stuff.
IWreckALot
4/14/2020 10:22am
motogrady wrote:
Fuckin hackers. I remember when SuperbikePlanet got hacked. The guy didn’t have his site backed up. Wouldn’t pay. Had to start up all over again. That...
Fuckin hackers.

danman wrote:
I agree, but as PTShox said, these hackers are in the Eastern European countries and getting to them wouldn't be easy as you have to cross...
I agree, but as PTShox said, these hackers are in the Eastern European countries and getting to them wouldn't be easy as you have to cross the pond.
We could just block traffic out of their country until their governments decided to shut it down. These third world shitholes need the US more than the US needs them.
4/14/2020 11:03am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2020 11:06am
motogrady wrote:
Fuckin hackers.

danman wrote:
I agree, but as PTShox said, these hackers are in the Eastern European countries and getting to them wouldn't be easy as you have to cross...
IWreckALot wrote:
We could just block traffic out of their country until their governments decided to shut it down. These third world shitholes need the US more than...
We could just block traffic out of their country until their governments decided to shut it down. These third world shitholes need the US more than the US needs them.
The compromised machines that are delivering the payload will not be from any particular origin traffic-wise. They could be anywhere globally.

Post a reply to: JGR got hacked

The Latest