It's that time>>>>

G-man
9/3/2018 3:40pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2018 9:54pm
Right about now is when it finally starts to cool down a bit at night and in the morning, but it's still HOT during the day and you tend to get tired of it after 4 months of LIVING IN HELL-like conditions. Evil

So we are getting ready for our annual 500 mile Ride up and down Highway 1.
From triple digits to 65 to 75 degree weather.
Can't wait!

Blackie is dialed in and anxious to stretch her legs.... Cool

|
TXDirt
9/3/2018 4:08pm
Sounds like fun!
oldblood
9/3/2018 7:33pm
Nice. 500 miles, roughly where does that take you?

The Shop

G-man
9/4/2018 11:23am
Thanks guys the 500 miles is a round trip starting in Eagle Rock.

This is from last year:

I luv where this machine takes us......

Heading out from my Pop's home where I grew up, Bike is FULLY LOADED.

I rode to the Rock Store 35 years ago and there was only a few bikes at the time, now it's a freaking Madhouse!?

Still fun but a lot different ?

There's some bikes there that you do not see very often especially a two stroke in California.

Unloaded the luggage after a great ride up HWY 1.
Blackie performed Flawlessly....

Ground Zero
It's gonna be a rough time..... Cool

plowboy
9/4/2018 4:48pm
Nice....ok, awesome. Enjoy every minute buddy.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
9/4/2018 4:52pm
G-man wrote:
Thanks guys the 500 miles is a round trip starting in Eagle Rock. This is from last year: I luv where this machine takes us...... Heading...

This is from last year:

I rode to the Rock Store 35 years ago and there was only a few bikes at the time, now it's a freaking Madhouse!?

There's some bikes there that you do not see very often especially a two stroke in California.

Ground Zero

What kind of Yamaha is that? Looks like a mix of sport bike/adventure. Has a similar profile of my KTM adventure bike, which is a awesome handling street machine
oldblood
9/4/2018 5:04pm
That's really cool G-man, have fun!
G-man
9/4/2018 9:39pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2018 11:13pm
G-man wrote:
Thanks guys the 500 miles is a round trip starting in Eagle Rock. This is from last year: I luv where this machine takes us...... Heading...

This is from last year:

Ground Zero

KennyT wrote:
What kind of Yamaha is that? Looks like a mix of sport bike/adventure. Has a similar profile of my KTM adventure bike, which is a awesome...
What kind of Yamaha is that? Looks like a mix of sport bike/adventure. Has a similar profile of my KTM adventure bike, which is a awesome handling street machine
It's a 17 year old FZ1.... Gen1 model. Yamaha really got it right when they designed this machine and then in 2006 (Gen2) they tried to make it more sport oriented which took away the true touring capability that it was intended for. Dry
Meaning they reduced the fuel tank range and put an aluminum frame which made it stiffer and the ridiculous seat as well as for the passenger.
The EFI had some serious glitches too for the first few years.

Sure it handled good but my opinion is if you want a sportier version you get the R1.

https://www.cycleworld.com/why-original-yamaha-fz1-was-so-damn-good

I paid $2,900 for this baby and it only had 17,000 miles on it with some good aftermarket goodies worth about $2,000.

I had a Silver 2002 that I loved but it was bone stock and I couldn't pass this one up.
I sold Silver to my longtime Moto buddy in Southern Cal, it was his first street bike he loved it but then unexpectedly he sold it I probably would have bought it back and tried to sell it to someone in Arizona. I was bummed about that.

Post a picture of your bike. Smile
G-man
9/26/2018 9:54pm
Okay boys I know you're all REAL concerned about my well-being and to know if I made it back alive, so here is an update and a few pictures.

Got to chill at the home I grew up in Eagle Rock with my buddy Donny before we hit Highway 1.

I have mixed emotions when I go back there as both my parents are barely hanging on.
It's tough to see, especially my mom who is in a dementia home and the last two visits she did not recognize me. Sad

Donny turned me on to these Butler motorcycle Maps a few years back and they have rewarded me with going on some discreet roads I would never have dreamt of going on.

They color code them according to how spectacular they are for motorcycling if you have a street bike I highly advise getting one for your area.

https://www.butlermaps.com/

It was great to get out of the triple-digit heat after a long hot summer that is just now finally winding down 70 degree weather and 60 degrees at night sure felt good.

We toughed it out here for 5 days it was very relaxing to do a whole lot of nothing for a change although we did go for some rides a couple days

Blackie performed flawlessly and got us up there with a lot of weight in the Ventura Luggage.

This was my morning view everyday.... Cheerful
She played every day I was there and was in very good shape as she played against the guys.

One of the local restaurants with a nice view.

Taking a break on one of our roads that we found on Butler's map it was awesome had some real tight twisty technical Corners reminded me of some Isle of Man stuff and very few cars.

This Monument at Morro Bay is dedicated to all the families who have to say goodbye to their Husbands and Fathers as they go out to Sea to earn their living.

Some of the local wildlife....Woohoo

That's all for now hope you enjoyed the pics....Smile

G-man
9/27/2018 12:04pm
So none of you Streetbike guys have used Butler Maps? Woohoo

Here is a brief description of one of the roads I tried that otherwise I would never have. Usually when I head up Topanga Canyon I go to the Rock Store but on a Sunday it can be a Madhouse and there are a lot of Rossi-wanna-be's....Dry
Although there are some cool and exotic bikes to see I wanted to try something different.

This yr I went down a twisty narrow road and the only “traffic” I saw was bicycles and pedestrians.
The road got real steep and eventually turned into a one-way road and dumped us down onto PCH.

Very cool and my G/F enjoyed it too.

Here is an example of one and it's also done on extra THICK "hard to tear" paper stock. If you own a streetbike and like twisty obscure roads, check them out.

Post a reply to: It's that time>>>>

The Latest