Is politics really good for Non - Moto?

Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
Edited Date/Time 9/9/2022 5:12pm
There appears to be a negative shift in Non - Moto lately. There was a time when folk here were a solid community and got along pretty well. Members have disappeared over time and new folk have joined. Something ain't right.

I see more bickering and conflict between folk here and want to hear your opinions on having the freedom to discuss politics.

South African politics pisses me off and while I keep somewhat up to date on US politics it's not hard to see that it's also a mess.

Most of us can't just ignore political threads...we get sucked in and eventually turn on each other.

Is it worth it?

|
bichwolf
9/4/2022 2:17pm
I'm guessing you are left leaning and not comfortable with hearing mean things directed at your thinking.
Well, welcome to college football.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
9/4/2022 2:20pm
bichwolf wrote:
I'm guessing you are left leaning and not comfortable with hearing mean things directed at your thinking.
Not at all. I doubt I know left from right in US politics.

I keep it simple. I don't trust any politician...especially the South African ones.
Titan1
9/4/2022 2:25pm
It’s fun…Some people just take it way to serious.

The Shop

bichwolf
9/4/2022 2:28pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2022 2:28pm
Fair enough.
I have been around these forums for 20 years. Got kicked off for daring to disagree with the liberal heiarchy.
Nothing new going on except the debate is allowed to happen. Conservatives aren't being silenced immediately and it's blowing the minds of some.

In the US, we have as many Conservatives as we do liberals, I think considerably more.
Blacks and Latinos are moving over to the right in record numbers.
Trump was elected to stop the corruption. Get us back on the road.
They are treating us like we elected a white supremacist.
They silence us on social media, they restrict our access to financial platforms.
It's important to some of us, perhaps you could be so kind as to scroll past the threads that bother you?
borg
9/4/2022 2:33pm
Boomslang wrote:
There appears to be a negative shift in Non - Moto lately. There was a time when folk here were a solid community and got along...
There appears to be a negative shift in Non - Moto lately. There was a time when folk here were a solid community and got along pretty well. Members have disappeared over time and new folk have joined. Something ain't right.

I see more bickering and conflict between folk here and want to hear your opinions on having the freedom to discuss politics.

South African politics pisses me off and while I keep somewhat up to date on US politics it's not hard to see that it's also a mess.

Most of us can't just ignore political threads...we get sucked in and eventually turn on each other.

Is it worth it?

"Most of us can't just ignore political threads...we get sucked in and eventually turn on each other."

Most of us do stay out for the most part. There's just a handful that ratchet up the shit talk but I don't think they actually take it that seriously. At least it seems that way judging by some of the dumbass shit they post.

Not much to worry about Boom.
bichwolf
9/4/2022 2:40pm
Boomslang wrote:
There appears to be a negative shift in Non - Moto lately. There was a time when folk here were a solid community and got along...

Is it worth it?

borg wrote:
"Most of us can't just ignore political threads...we get sucked in and eventually turn on each other." Most of us do stay out for the most...
"Most of us can't just ignore political threads...we get sucked in and eventually turn on each other."

Most of us do stay out for the most part. There's just a handful that ratchet up the shit talk but I don't think they actually take it that seriously. At least it seems that way judging by some of the dumbass shit they post.

Ends with the petty name calling and jabs.
Exactly Einstein
ns503
9/4/2022 3:13pm
No.

I've read some say even though I talk this way on here, if we meet it in person would be all good.

Why not talk to people on here the same way you would in person? Baffles my mind how people can be so completely disrespectful and downright nasty with the poli-talk - and expect people to think it would be any different in person.

Titan1
9/4/2022 3:15pm
Is the political discussion really all that much worse than some of the non-sense that goes on in moto?

I really don’t think it is…
RCMXracing
9/4/2022 3:33pm
Good topic, and yes even in good ol’ Moto section it’s just contrarian shit talk… let’s find and poke holes in the original and subsequent post(s), it’s ridiculous. Wheels barely off the ground and posts are Off topic by the first page. WE ALL RIDE DIRT BIKES. Is everyone shit talking in their helmet at the track?!

It’s some kind of new age tough guy bullshit. Don’t mistake kindness for weakness. Some can’t comprehend that being decent doesn’t make you a wuss. The “I’m a bad ass” crap is simply over compensation, insecurity.
borg
9/4/2022 3:36pm
RCMXracing wrote:
Good topic, and yes even in good ol’ Moto section it’s just contrarian shit talk… let’s find and poke holes in the original and subsequent post(s)...
Good topic, and yes even in good ol’ Moto section it’s just contrarian shit talk… let’s find and poke holes in the original and subsequent post(s), it’s ridiculous. Wheels barely off the ground and posts are Off topic by the first page. WE ALL RIDE DIRT BIKES. Is everyone shit talking in their helmet at the track?!

It’s some kind of new age tough guy bullshit. Don’t mistake kindness for weakness. Some can’t comprehend that being decent doesn’t make you a wuss. The “I’m a bad ass” crap is simply over compensation, insecurity.
Interesting take. Good post.
G-man
9/4/2022 3:42pm
I agree that it's no good, shit has gotten carried away on here.
I never engaged in political posts before or after guy B although I have done a couple posts recently but won't argue ENDLESSLY till the cows come home.

It has made me realize who the Liberal nutjobs are on here (oops Laughing ), but even so I'm sure if we got together to ride or share a beer we would get along fine.
ATKpilot99
9/4/2022 3:52pm
None of it matters. Humans will eventually be extinct , this planet will be swallowed up by the sun and there will be no evidence we ever existed .
borg
9/4/2022 4:32pm
Boomslang wrote:

Is it worth it?

borg wrote:
"Most of us can't just ignore political threads...we get sucked in and eventually turn on each other." Most of us do stay out for the most...

bichwolf wrote:
Ends with the petty name calling and jabs.
Exactly Einstein
Well, it was 102 here at noon which means I'm kind of stuck inside with the A/C and maybe getting a bit bored. But I do apologize. Even though my comments were not particularly directed at you, I can see where you might feel somewhat singled out. I will try to remember that we are all moto bros.
Searights
9/4/2022 5:00pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
None of it matters. Humans will eventually be extinct , this planet will be swallowed up by the sun and there will be no evidence we...
None of it matters. Humans will eventually be extinct , this planet will be swallowed up by the sun and there will be no evidence we ever existed .
Well aren’t you just a ray of sunshine?
Joey_Bridges
9/4/2022 5:06pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2022 5:06pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
None of it matters. Humans will eventually be extinct , this planet will be swallowed up by the sun and there will be no evidence we...
I'm thinking tectonic subduction will pull us all under before the sun goes all, red giant, on our ass.
🤣😂🤣
borg
9/4/2022 5:28pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
I'm thinking tectonic subduction will pull us all under before the sun goes all, red giant, on our ass.
🤣😂🤣
Keep your eye on Andromeda. We have a whole goddam galaxy headed right for us. I hope I have enough time to get my guaranteed mileage out of my last tire purchase. That would suck.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
9/4/2022 5:59pm
It’s too much politics…as I mentioned when ML asked, one political thread at a time is enough and should be flushed after a few days.

The folks constantly starting new political threads should take a fucking break..
Not-a-Fan
9/4/2022 6:09pm
Dudes are 50-60 years old with Twitter fingers arguing politics on a motorcycle forum. Shits pretty funny if you ask me.
Searights
9/4/2022 6:16pm
Not-a-Fan wrote:
Dudes are 50-60 years old with Twitter fingers arguing politics on a motorcycle forum. Shits pretty funny if you ask me.
Right? What’s wrong with those f’ers.😄
9/5/2022 2:04am
Just make two stickies:

Argue about Trump

Argue about Biden

Leave the rest of Non-Moto to interesting stuff instead of being clogged up by the same people saying the same thing over the same shit in multiple threads.

MudPup545
9/5/2022 4:23am
No. And I’ve found myself getting pulled into the mix at times.
Joey_Bridges
9/5/2022 4:44am Edited Date/Time 9/5/2022 4:46am
Nothing wrong with stating your thoughts about the current topics as they happen on a weekly basis.
Especially the ones that quickly and directly have bearing on our daily lives, and careers.

That's fine.
But when it's obvious that all you're doing is professing your blind obedience to your favorite cable news outlet/website, and just parroting or playing copypasta, then you're not adding anything but fuel to the flames.
And pulling in the same dimwits on the other side of the pendulum swing.
And you both look stupid.

I regularly use the hashtag, #FJB.
Because without being told by the media, I can plainly see his effects on my business, and spending power.
His policies hit very close to home.
And have done so immediately.

Dwelling on Trump, obama, the Bush's, and Clinton's is a waste of time.
peltier626
9/5/2022 6:51am
Take it for what it is, a place for discussion. Keep it civil and on two wheels. One of my best friends has totally different political viewpoints. Some of the best conversation I have ever had. Open minds folks.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
9/5/2022 7:00am
Just make two stickies: Argue about Trump Argue about Biden Leave the rest of Non-Moto to interesting stuff instead of being clogged up by the same...
Just make two stickies:

Argue about Trump

Argue about Biden

Leave the rest of Non-Moto to interesting stuff instead of being clogged up by the same people saying the same thing over the same shit in multiple threads.

This is a good idea- roll everything into these two threads. No need to make them sticky though..
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/5/2022 7:12am
bichwolf wrote:
Holy hell you've got something up your ass in your last bit of posting. Take a break, suspension email sent.
BMR179
Fantasy
1263rd
9/5/2022 8:30am
Politics...so long as the discussion is a "discussion", I think it is good. The consistent badgering from some posters, on both sides, is what bugs the shit out of me. One of my longtime best friends has a different view than I and our conversations are always civil and educational. His thought process seems jumbled to me and mine seem too simple to him. We agree to disagree most of the time and then go roost each other on the track.

I used say that whatever party had power, there were ways to figure out what works best for you and your family. That has gotten more difficult over the past 22 years. Our elected officials are a ridiculously bloated, egotistical, and selfish group of people that do not care one bit about the populous of the United States of America.

I'm glad that I live in small town East Texas. Independence thrives here...for how much longer, I do not know.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
9/5/2022 8:52am
Here’s a thought. Let’s have our political post be about current politicians. You know, the ones that actually are making an impact on everyone’s lives. No Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton etc.
After 2024 no more “FJB’s”. It’s just a thought.

I will try to not get sucked into these topics, it’s hard to see the constant attacks and stay on the sidelines but I will do it for my health and to keep from adding to the madness. Politics are important, endless attacks are divisive and a waste of time. Nobody is changing their stance based on what cut/paste they read on here
wolf18
9/5/2022 9:05am
bichwolf wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Holy hell you've got something up your ass in your last bit of posting. Take a break, suspension email sent.
In your latest suspensions, you left out probably the worst antagonizer in these threads lately, str8line. It seems he’s out to just piss people off.

Post a reply to: Is politics really good for Non - Moto?

The Latest