Iran "torpedos" cargo ship

Related:
Create New Tag

6/13/2019 8:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/13/2019 9:00 AM

The USS Liberty....ummm, I mean a cargo ship was supposedly torpedoed by the Iranians. tongue

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9284293/explosions-oil-tankers-gulf-of-oman-iran/

I can just see the Iranian leader now: "Hey Akhmed, go torpedo a cargo ship- let's just see what happens."

|

6/13/2019 9:17 AM

Shoulda went over there when they invaded our Embassy and took it all.

|

6/13/2019 9:21 AM

That's ok fellow NATO member, ethnic cleanser of the Kurds and ally of Iran...Turkey, will defend Iran, all the while having their welfare accepting hands out for more western money.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

6/13/2019 9:27 AM

motogrady wrote:

The CIA overthrew Iran's government in the 50s' and installed a brutal dictator (Shah), thus pissing them off so much that they launched an Islamic revolution in 1979 that established the modern Theocracy they now have.
The US shot down an Iranian jetliner in 1988 (oopsey).
We have messed with Iran plenty (sanctions).
My first sense is this was done by somebody else in order for Iran to be blamed. Why would Iran do something that stupid?

|

6/13/2019 9:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/13/2019 9:34 AM

motogrady wrote:

Sierra Ranger wrote:

The CIA overthrew Iran's government in the 50s' and installed a brutal dictator (Shah), thus pissing them off so much that they launched an Islamic revolution in 1979 that established the modern Theocracy they now have.
My first sense is this was done by somebody else in order for Iran to be blamed. Why would Iran do something that stupid?

Yeah I know all that.

No excuse to invade our country and hold our citizens hostage.

It's Iran, wanting to hurt us the way we are them with the sanctions.

|

6/13/2019 11:15 AM

motogrady wrote:

Sierra Ranger wrote:

motogrady wrote:

Yeah I know all that.

They weren't US ships.
Think about this- what does Iran have to gain from blowing up a foreign cargo ship? Nothing.
What do they have to lose from blowing up a foreign cargo ship? Just a war with an alliance of western nations.
They aren't that stupid.
One of the ships is Japanese- and Iran is meeting with Japan right now. My guess is a third party or state either trying to mess up Iran's meeting with Japan, or trying to drive up the price of oil (it shot right up).

|

6/13/2019 11:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/13/2019 11:27 AM

Sierra Ranger wrote:

motogrady wrote:

Yeah I know all that.

Sierra Ranger wrote:

They weren't US ships.
Think about this- what does Iran have to gain from blowing up a foreign cargo ship? Nothing.
What do they have to lose from blowing up a foreign cargo ship? Just a war with an alliance of western nations.
They aren't that stupid.
One of the ships is Japanese- and Iran is meeting with Japan right now. My guess is a third party or state either trying to mess up Iran's meeting with Japan, or trying to drive up the price of oil (it shot right up).

High gas prices end result for us in USA.
Oil has already spiked today.
Its their way of hurting us as we are them for the nuke thing

|

6/13/2019 1:15 PM

It’s obviously not Iran. One tanker was heading for Japan, while the Japanese PM is in Iran on a peaceful visit which both parties seem to appreciate. Also, Iran doesn’t want a war, they don’t even have an offensive military.
My bet: Saudi and Emirates sponsored attack, blame Iran, and control the oil price more. More sanctions heading Iran’s way, and Bin Salman is laughing all the way to his private B748-8 on his way to his gold covered yatch. Saudi is the worlds biggest sponsor of terror, sponsoring Al Qaida in Yemen, Syria, killing journalists etc.

|

6/13/2019 1:19 PM

Sunhouse wrote:

It’s obviously not Iran. One tanker was heading for Japan, while the Japanese PM is in Iran on a peaceful visit which both parties seem to appreciate. Also, Iran doesn’t want a war, they don’t even have an offensive military.
My bet: Saudi and Emirates sponsored attack, blame Iran, and control the oil price more. More sanctions heading Iran’s way, and Bin Salman is laughing all the way to his private B748-8 on his way to his gold covered yatch. Saudi is the worlds biggest sponsor of terror, sponsoring Al Qaida in Yemen, Syria, killing journalists etc.

I would say this is pretty much spot on.

|

6/13/2019 1:54 PM

Sunhouse wrote:

I wouldn't say anything is obvious at this point.
It's a given sanctions are hurting Iran.
Public unrest there lately.
They constantly mess with us with the little boats
Somebody blew up a few ships a month ago.
For some reason, we sent a shitload of big stick over there. Who knows what our intelligence is picking up.
For all I know Saudi Arabia isn't hurting at all.

Overwhelming motive, Iran.

And hey guys, no hard feelings on any of this.
I like seeing how some have other ways of looking at things.
It helps with ones own decisions.

|

6/13/2019 4:49 PM

Follow the money

|

6/13/2019 7:07 PM

Fuck Saudi Arabia.

|

6/13/2019 8:52 PM

motogrady wrote:

I wouldn't say anything is obvious at this point.
It's a given sanctions are hurting Iran.
Public unrest there lately.
They constantly mess with us with the little boats
Somebody blew up a few ships a month ago.
For some reason, we sent a shitload of big stick over there. Who knows what our intelligence is picking up.
For all I know Saudi Arabia isn't hurting at all.

Overwhelming motive, Iran.

And hey guys, no hard feelings on any of this.
I like seeing how some have other ways of looking at things.
It helps with ones own decisions.

looks way more Saudi backed than Iran to me,

the Saudi's seem to be getting even more brazen, after getting away with killing a journalist this would be easy,

but if you buy enough weapons , you get a free pass it seems,

|

6/13/2019 9:08 PM

Shades of the Gulf of Tonkin incident.

|

6/13/2019 9:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/13/2019 9:19 PM

avidchimp wrote:

Shades of the Gulf of Tonkin incident.

One could put Pearl Harbour in there also..........

Word has there's a video out there, guys in a small boat pulling an unexploded mine off one of the ships yesterday......

|

6/13/2019 9:24 PM

Photo
|

6/13/2019 9:57 PM

motogrady wrote: Photo

Not saying it is or isn't, but It's wouldn't be the first time someone or some country has dressed up as someone else to cause conflict.

|

6/13/2019 10:39 PM

Ha- I saw that news tonight and had to check out this thread. You boys didn't disappoint.
The plot thickens...
(History is full of fake attacks with much more sophistication than a little video snippet, that much I know).

|

6/14/2019 7:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2019 7:34 AM

|

6/14/2019 9:17 AM

Sierra Ranger wrote:

Ha- I saw that news tonight and had to check out this thread. You boys didn't disappoint.
The plot thickens...
(History is full of fake attacks with much more sophistication than a little video snippet, that much I know).

Little Ironic with your concern of what's happening in the Gulf Of Oman, as opposed to what's happening in your own back yard.

|

[Moto Creed-O: Take the High-Road.....Kick His Ass and Fuck His Chick

6/14/2019 9:34 AM

Sierra Ranger wrote:

The plot thickens...

whyZ wrote:

Little Ironic with your concern of what's happening in the Gulf Of Oman, as opposed to what's happening in your own back yard.

If you don't think what is happening in the Gulf doesn't directly correlate with what's happening in my backyard, I have a bridge to nowhere to sell you.

|

6/14/2019 10:06 AM

Sierra Ranger wrote:

The plot thickens...

whyZ wrote:

avidchimp wrote:

If you don't think what is happening in the Gulf doesn't directly correlate with what's happening in my backyard, I have a bridge to nowhere to sell you.

If that bridge was to California, you'd be right. But I would be interested in hearing your explanation of the correlations between the two.

|

[Moto Creed-O: Take the High-Road.....Kick His Ass and Fuck His Chick

6/14/2019 10:20 AM

So what's up guys?
Anything going on in the world today?

|

6/14/2019 11:15 AM

Not enough fingers on both hands for all the pointin goin on.

|

6/14/2019 2:19 PM

I'm not sayin' it was aliens, but...

|

6/14/2019 2:21 PM

motogrady wrote:

So what's up guys?
Anything going on in the world today?

I like chicken and dumplings.

|

6/14/2019 2:44 PM

Harry Backmon wrote:

I like chicken and dumplings.

I've been jonesing for a McRib.

|

6/15/2019 9:16 AM

Just before, and just after the incidents. I like his his reasoning, especially as it is before it was "decided" that it was Iran`s work
Photo

|

6/15/2019 12:24 PM

Sunhouse wrote:

Just before, and just after the incidents. I like his his reasoning, especially as it is before it was "decided" that it was Iran`s work
Photo

What if certain facets of the Iranian government were not happy about the Japanese talking to their government?

What about this: the talks with Japan give the Iranians plausible deniability - the mining raises the price of oil. Win-win.

|

6/16/2019 11:20 AM

Photo
|

I no longer regret my username.