Iom TT

Sidecar
Anybody on here keeping up to date with this years race???

Guy Martin had a big get off today at over 140mph on the factory Honda, box full of neutrals in his words, no engine braking forced him wide in a turn, up the curb and into a stone wall... walked away with a sore wrist.

Ian Hutchinson won from Peter Hickman and Dean Harrison, Dean using his super stock motor in the super bike race. Michael Dunlop was a shoe in until the factory Suzuki let go.
The RCV Honda and Norton sound AMAZING.

I'm not there but have just watched the highlights on itv4 (UK tv channel)

Super stock and first sidecar race tomorrow.
|
SCR
6/4/2017 8:22pm
Watching right now. Amazing that Guy walked away from that. Like to think I had a respectable set of balls in my racing days but I get scared just watching these guys. Huge stones.
Sidecar
6/4/2017 10:43pm
It scares me seeing how close the spectators sit too, bikes going past inches from them at 190mph.... I'm gonna look into prices for my van on the ferry next year, it looks so good!!!!
Sidecar
6/7/2017 12:03pm
Michael Dunlop back on it for the first super sport, 600cc race, good battle behind though, the young guns, Dean Harrison, James Hillier and Peter Hickman are marching towards success in the future.
Ben and Tom Birchall took a commanding victory in the first sidecar race.
Rain yesterday meant no racing but hopefully the sun shone again today, I don't want to look online to see if it ran as I don't want to see the results before I watch it on tv tonight, 9pm on itv4.
6/7/2017 2:51pm
Sadley Davey Lambert (crashed last sunday) jochem van den Hoek and Alan Bonner lost their lives today

The Shop

Sidecar
6/8/2017 5:18am
Sadley Davey Lambert (crashed last sunday) jochem van den Hoek and Alan Bonner lost their lives today
Yeah, I saw that on tonight's show, sad but doing what they loved to do, nobody could have stopped them. RIP.
JPT
6/9/2017 8:28pm
I've talked before about this old guy I ran into when we lived in Vegas. We were walking near the house and I see this bent over 80 something coming toward us at a fast walk wearing an IOM t-shirt. Couldn't help myself and commented on it. He gives me this side ways, slightly annoyed look and says "do you know what that is?" I said I sure did. He said he used to race it but acted like he still wasn't too sure about me. Then he says "I'm a Welshman, do you know what that is?" I laughed and told him my mother's maiden was Jones. He lets out a big "Brother" gives me a hug and I was ok to him.

Ended up going out to dinner a couple times and he had me over to his place. Showed me his old pudding bowl helmet, trophies and some pictures. Turns out he mostly raced the Irish road races like the ones they show on CBS Sports channel but had ridden the Mountain two or three times. Had a couple pictures with him and John Surtees. Grumpy old bastard with an arm that bent in an odd way from banging it on a telephone pole when he cut a corner too close. He was a huge Rossi fan, called him a maestro. Told me he'd talked to Colin Edwards once and asked him when he was going to do the IOM. Edwards said he wasn't that crazy. The old guy loved that.

Lost track of him after awhile. First name was John but I cannot remember his last name.

Post a reply to: Iom TT

The Latest