Invisible fence / wired or wireless

Edited Date/Time 12/24/2018 9:09am
You guys use a boundary fence ? I got two doodles who once they get on a hot scent they selectively tune me out and go exploring.

Recently moved from a 1/2 acre fenced in to 5+ acres. Want to give them the freedom to move on 4-5 acres Of the property.

The neighbor dog has a wired set up and that dog comes within 15 feet of the property line and he stops. While my two sprint all around.

This morning my two dogs felt it was appropriate to take off an acre to my west and shit on my neighbors lawn. That’s a no-no. I hurry up and ran over there and cleaned it up ASAP. Neighbor is a real nice guy but I My last neighbor let her dog shit in my yard and it infuriated me.

What systems do you use, what are the pros and cons ? Things you would of done different? I don’t want to put up a physical fence. Would be an eye sore out here in God’s county. I don’t think a wireless fence is feasible. They don’t have the range of my property.
|
vetmxr
12/23/2018 9:08am
We put one in our yard...a wired one....Take this for what its worth but our bulldog obeyed the barrier and didn't like the shock. But our blue healer couldn't have cared less and just ran through the shock? But usually only if a vehicle came over or one drove out.... It does basically do what its supposed to though......
c0ncEpT
12/23/2018 6:28pm
Wired. I used a sport dog from Tractor supply to do 5 acres. Works great. Dogs don't even need to wear the collar anymore. They won't go within 10 feet of the line.

Jimmy638
12/23/2018 9:25pm
Wired, works well once you have the Dogs trained and the juice that gets their attention. Had to turn up the juice 5 times for my Male PIT/Bluetick beagle. Every time you have to retrain the Dog for that shock to let them know what their in for and Invisible fence is proud of that cost.

I guess the con,s I have with the Invisible fence is the cost of the collar battery's every two to three month and that you can't turn the shock up and down yourself, you have to call them, make an appointment then they come out and train turn juice up and bill you for it. Cost me 60 bucks after the "Free" year was up.

Be aware your going to have white flags all around your wired land letting your Dogs know where the fence line is at. After a year or so you can start taking them down like every other one. then all of them but that will be your "Eye sore" for awhile, plus you will have to watch mowing around them.

The Shop

Jimmy638
12/23/2018 9:33pm Edited Date/Time 12/23/2018 9:34pm
The Brown Brindle Dog above looks like mine . Just a differant face...Woohoo
Yes, he like eating his couch

Post a reply to: Invisible fence / wired or wireless

The Latest