Invisible Fence Collar

Related:
Create New Tag

11/17/2018 4:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/20/2018 10:51 AM

I'm looking for a receiver that goes on the collar for a Dog fence. Phoned Invisible fence but with re training and all it's going to hurt in the wallet
Any Members out there have a Receiver they are willing to sell i'd pay for it.

Here's a pic of the receiver

Photo

If anymore info is needed please let me know.

|

11/17/2018 6:18 PM

How well does this work ? I got a dog she likes to chase after game. She stays around but then goes full retard for a squirrel or deer. And will just take off.

|

GP740
Since 1987

11/17/2018 9:27 PM

Good qeustion GeorgiePorgie,
My Dogs (Blue tic Beagle, Pit mix) Where trained at PUPs to stay in our area around the House till we go out again. Then we moved to a neighborhood that was close quarters (2 acres and less) I bought the "Invisible fence" to retain our Dogs, all is well right?
Dogs were staying in the yard even though the area is overpopulated with Rabbits.
All against what they are trained to do. "Track Rabbits!"

My Daughter has it out with her Boyfriend and needs to bring the dog"Mini Shepard" to our House.

Trouble started when the "New" Dog jumps the fence to chase Rabbits and my Dogs go against all they are taught and Jump aswell.

Invisible fence is so freakin proud of their receivers because "They need to train".
BS. So I'm asking for a receiver that a Dog has passed or moved on and is available for a fraction of the cost.
Seen them on Ebay ect for 200+ but asking here to open up options.

Yes they work but it's costly and worth the Dogs containment ....Unless your Daughter (Kids) brings in another Dog of course, then the cycle starts over....LMFAO!

|

11/17/2018 9:47 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

How well does this work ? I got a dog she likes to chase after game. She stays around but then goes full retard for a squirrel or deer. And will just take off.

Used this in a border collie that liked to go exploring. It worked well until you let him outside without the collar on (they know). https://www.chewy.com/petsafe-stayplay-wireless-fence/dp/51926

|

11/18/2018 2:46 AM

My mates use them, no fences, dogs know where they can go. Seems to work well.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11/19/2018 6:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/19/2018 6:59 AM

Now I have an acre fenced in for them. She Perimeter checks it constantly. Looking for rabbit holes and squirrel breaches. But she doesn’t jump the fence. We are moving and have 5 acres of land now. Kinda don’t wanna put up a fence and would like to give the dogs the 5 acre freedom but I think this isn’t going to be possible.....

My other dog is a follower. By himself he will stay by the house and do his business but once zee goes full retard on a rabbit (or picks up an interesting scent) my rufus jumps on the idiot bandwagon and goes nuts right along side her. This type of behavior tells me they’ll both run off when zee decides she wants to....

|

GP740
Since 1987

11/19/2018 12:11 PM

You can spread the under ground wire as far as you want, Training is key because while doing so if they keep going after prey the electric shock can be moved up or down accordingly.

It's first set at no shock just a Cautionary Beeping sound to warn them they are close to the boundary which is marked with white flags so the Dog can know where the boundary is at. Then moving the shock from low to higher as needed. After about a year you can take the flags out or what I did take every other flag out so they still know then finally all of them.

I put an ad in the locat Nextdoor site and got a hit, her dogs passed away and she has two of them but has to find them in the garage . so hopefully I got lucky

|

11/19/2018 12:23 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

it's hard to take the dog out of the dog, you know what i'm sayin' bro?

|

11/19/2018 6:43 PM

I’m pretty sure zee was pissed when the warden wrangled her up. She was a rescue dog. But she was living wildly in a wooded area. Until She was about 9 months old. She likes being outside. Hates being inside. Very obedient. But like you said can’t take the dog outta the dog.

|

GP740
Since 1987

11/20/2018 6:33 AM

The problem with these invisible fences is they keep your dog in, but don't keep other dogs and critters from coming in the yard.

|

No Signature.

11/20/2018 7:46 AM

Yea but that’s the dog job right ? Lol. Get em some
Exercise.

I’ve heard until they get excited and blow through the line. Then they’re free to run off.

|

GP740
Since 1987